main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga A Life for a Life - Obi, Qui, Ani - AU, Angst, H/C - The end of TPM, redone

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by The_Zeltron, Nov 3, 2010.

1. obimom

obimom Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2010
    How did this wonderful story slip by me unnoticed? I've read the first two chapters so far, and I'm full of worry for my Obi, and you are writing the emotions very well! I don't know if I'll have time to finish what you've written so far right now, I may run out of time before I catch up, but I wanted to at least leave a comment for now. [face_worried]

Loved you POV of both Obi and Qui-Gon, and Qui-Gons realization that he did hurt Obi-Wan and desires to make it right with him. I remember that look in TPM also, and it seemed to be a look of regret as he glanced at Obi-Wan. :(

2. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    ok, I've now caught up. And tears are running down my face as I think "You Killed Him!!" :_| :_|

But then, a little hope gleams in the persistence of Anakin..please Qui-Gon, listen to him. Obi-wan may live yet![face_praying]

Great story, now I have to wait with everyone else for an update!!

Oh, BTW, that was a great re-write of the duel of the fates..its rare to have a fight scene we've all scene multiple times catch and hold my attention the way this one did, and I agree with Val, I didn't know how it would end till the end. That was great!!

3. The_Zeltron

The_Zeltron Jedi Master star 6

Sep 29, 2010
    First, I've got to apologize to all of you wonderful readers for the fact that it's been almost a month since I updated. For me, holiday season starts very early in December, and I had no time to write since it did. This update answers the most-asked question, so hopefully it'll make up for my long absence a bit.;) Happy New Year!:D

Valairy_Scot Thanks so much, Val! Did I actually make you hug Anakin?:eek::p

The1stJediPrincess Thank you very much.:) You're on.;)

Gkilkenny Thank you.:D I appreciate all the speculation.:D

JMS Thank you so much!:) I enjoy reading what you think of their future.:)

The_Nerfherder Just what Anakin knows is the question, though... Thanks!:) You're on the list.;)

littleobiwankenobi Well, we'll see if you're right... Thanks very much!:D No problem on the PM.:)

Darth_Furio Thanks so much!:D I'm very glad you think so highly of my characterization.;):D It's nice to see you here, BTW.:)

obimom I wondered if anyone else had caught that look.;) Well, you'll get your answers now... at least, somewhat.[face_devil]:p Thank you so much!:) I really enjoyed writing the duel, and I'm very pleased you liked it so well!:D

Okay, here's the update you've all been waiting for. *cues grand music*:p It only answers the immediate question, and sets up more questions for later, but I'm guessing it'll be better than nothing.[face_whistling]:p

Chapter VI: The End?

Blue eyes held blue eyes in a contest ? one not of will so much as desperation. That thought soaked through Qui-Gon?s mind. Why would Anakin be desperate? Did Obi-Wan mean that much to him? Did he actually think there was a chance that Obi-Wan was still alive? Weary, and with a heart that clung to the last shreds of hope however much he wished they would desert him, Qui-Gon slowly knelt, finally breaking eye-contact with Anakin to gently set Obi-Wan?s body on the ground.

He looked up again just in time to see Anakin smile, pure relief radiating from him, as he moved forward to kneel on the other side of Obi-Wan?s body, opposite Qui-Gon. Qui-Gon watched with weary curiosity as Anakin reached out, placing one hand on Obi-Wan?s chest and the other on his forehead. Slowly, a blue glow enveloped the Chosen One. As Qui-Gon watched, the glow gradually transferred to Obi-Wan, finally disappearing entirely, as though sucked into Obi-Wan?s body.

Qui-Gon looked up at Anakin again. The Chosen One removed his hands from Obi-Wan?s body, then slumped forward, exhausted. Qui-Gon didn?t move, much as he expected himself to, his eyes traveling from the mop of hair that was now all he could see of Anakin?s head to where the boy?s hand had lain on his Padawan?s chest, which? moved slightly? Qui-Gon blinked, staring at Obi-Wan?s body. Yes, there were the slight motions of breathing? Qui-Gon reached out, feeling for a pulse. Yes, it was there, too. Very weak, but there. Did that mean??

?Yes, Master Qui-Gon. He?s alive.?

Qui-Gon looked up, startled. Had the boy heard his thoughts? In any case, shouldn?t he be too tired to speak right now? His eyes met Anakin?s, and he found the Chosen One looking straight at him, eyes filled with an understanding and confidence that he never expected to see in a nine-year-old.

?How did you do it, Anakin??

?How did I know your thoughts? You and I are bonded now, Master Qui-Gon. How did I help him? I?m not sure.?

Qui-Gon didn?t answer, his eyes dropping back to Obi-Wan. Obi-Wan was still wounded, that much he could tell, but he was alive. Qui-Gon thanked the Force for that.

?Master Qui-Gon, you need to call for a med team. I do know that I didn?t heal him completely.?

?I know, Anakin,? Qui-Gon answered, finally breaking through his daze enough to reach for his comlink. He sent out a call on the emergency medical frequency. ?I need medical aid

4. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    I knew it, I knew it! [face_dancing] [face_dancing]

Why else was Anakin so insistent!

I'm kind of surprised Qui-Gon the maverick didn't blow off his report to the Queen to follow Obi-Wan, but then, I guess he's not entirely the maverick and is respected within the Order. Now the real questions: why did the Force want Obi-Wan to give his life for Anakin? It's like a test, but to what end? So that the Council will see that Qui-Gon MUST train Anakin?

It's wonderful to see an update and what a New Year's present - a live Obi! [face_dancing] [:D]

Happy (and safe) New Year!

5. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Wow..I wonder how surprise Obi will be when he wakes up to realize he survived, and Anakin helped him?

Qui-Gon says Anakin is now his Padawan...does he mean right now, as in setting Obi aside, or as soon as Obi is knighted? If it's setting him aside..how will he react to that, I wonder? Hmmm..looking forward to what you do with this.

I'm really enjoying this!! Can't wait for more! [face_dancing]

6. littleobiwankenobi

littleobiwankenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 5, 2009
    so what will he tell the council ? Hopeful the true, and what will happend wil obi wan. Will he be a jedi knight or will he get a other Master.

As Qui Gon took Anakin as his new padawan ?

don´t let as wait to long

Happy New Year to all

7. charie

charie Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 6, 2007
    Amazing story! I'm really loving it![face_love]

8. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    Nice Twist Zeltron. =D=

9. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    WoW it was a test of Obi-Wan's faith and commitment.O:)

The Force has given him a gift, the power that helped him could mean that he is more than just Qui-Gon's apprentice.

Anakin didn't know how he helped Obi-Wan but the Force did.=D=

I am so happy that Obi-Wan didn't die and Anakin has gained some respect in my eyes. He saved my fav Jedi.[:D]

=D=

10. dimyavie

dimyavie Jedi Master star 1

May 3, 2006
    I love how Qui held on to Obi as long as possible, and this is one of the few fics where Anakin has redeemed himself for me. I love how you wrote Qui and Obi, and I can't wait to read more!

11. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    =D=[:D] Thank you so much for infusing your Qui-Gon with the loyalty and deep love that Liam often brings to his characters. The fact that he's amazingly cold and distant in Ep 1 is why I don't like him in it. Well done, Zelty! So glad Obi's likely to live and that he and Qui sorted things out. Also, well done in *not* making Ani a brat! Good show! [:D]:cool:

12. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    I'm [face_praying] for an update and some answers here.

Just how shocked is Obi-Wan going to be when he wakes?

Just what does become of him, since Anakin's taken his place as Qui-Gon's padawan (sure, I'm 99% certain he'll be knighted, but to go through all that so he could be knighted and Qui live? [face_talk_hand] )

I'm getting older every day, you know - and impatient.

13. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    hear,hear!! What Val said...[face_praying]

14. The_Zeltron

Sep 29, 2010
    I am so sorry for the long wait you guys have had. This month was overloaded. I started a pair of diaries, got involved in reading another story, had the RPG I am playing start moving faster, got a shorter overall amount of time on the computer, and started a job-search that took up a lot of my spare time. Anyway, I plan to have an update completed and posted by Sunday, if not earlier. Please bear with me a short while longer, and I promise I'll get the next chapter up. Once again I apologize for making you wait so long. I really do appreciate all of you wonderful readers.[:D]

Also, Val and obimom, I didn't mean to ignore your posts. My Active Topic Notification didn't work for some reason, so I didn't know you guys had posted. I'm really sorry.:(

15. The_Zeltron

Sep 29, 2010
    I can't believe I took this long over the update!:rolleyes:[face_blush] I am so, so sorry. I got half a chapter done, and then got fic-specific writer's block.:rolleyes: All I can say for myself is that I stayed up really late last night to make sure I got it done while I was free of writer's block. I'm really sorry, guys.[face_blush] Please give me and my fic another chance?[face_praying]

Yep, you were right, Val.;) Thanks so much for your comments!:D Questions will be answered in time.:)

You'll get a bit more now, obimom.:) Have to wait for Obi-Wan's reaction, though.;) Thanks so much!:D

'Fraid it was a lot longer than anyone wanted, LOWK.:( Including me. Some questions will be answered here, but not many. I really appreciate you reading, and I'm glad you liked it!:D

Thanks, Charie!:)

Glad you liked it, Furio!:D

Thanks so much, Gkilkenny!:D I'm glad you're liking Anakin a bit in this fic.:)

Thank you very much, dimyavie!:D I'm so glad Anakin redeemed himself for you.:D

You're so sweet, Dooku![face_blush][:D] I'm so glad you liked it.:D

Chapter VII: Why?

To Qui-Gon?s surprise, a lone Council member awaited him. Yoda?s eyes were fixed on the floor, and he didn?t look up until Qui-Gon spoke.

?Master Yoda,? Qui-Gon began, ?how much do you already know??

?Heard, I have, of the battle and its conclusion. Felt your Padawan?s death, I did, as well.?

When Yoda stopped there, Qui-Gon looked at him in surprise. ?You mean you don?t know that he?s alive right now??

?Alive?? Yoda?s ears perked. ?What mean you??

?Anakin did something to Obi-Wan. I was certain he was dead, but Anakin insisted I let him see him, and, when I did, he healed him, or something. Obi-Wan?s alive, and in the nearest medcenter right now.?

?Strange, this is. Dead, I thought he was. Known he was alive, I would not have, if spoken, you had not. What did young Skywalker do??

?I was hoping you could tell me, Master. I have no idea. He is here to speak for himself, though, should you wish it.?

?Speak with him, I would.?

?Very well, Master.? Qui-Gon switched the com unit?s holographic receiver to include Anakin, as well as himself.

?Young Skywalker, know what you did, do you??

?No, sir. I don?t.?

?Insisted Master Qui-Gon let you see Padawan Kenobi, why did you??

?I just had to, sir. Something was telling me to.?

?How felt you??

?Strange, sir. I thought there was two of me, until I did whatever I did with Padawan Kenobi.?

?Until then, say you??

?Yes, sir. The feeling began fading soon after I touched Padawan Kenobi.?

?Noticed anything strange at this time, did you, Master Qui-Gon??

?Yes, Master. A blue glow surrounded Anakin as he knelt beside Obi-Wan, and then it slowly transferred to Obi-Wan, before disappearing completely.?

Qui-Gon was rather surprised when the questions ended after his answer, and the Grand Master sat staring contemplatively at the floor of the Jedi Council Chamber.

Finally, the Grand Master spoke. ?Strange, it is, that felt nothing, I did. Speak with the rest of the Council, I must. Attend to your Padawan, you must, Master Qui-Gon. Speak with you later, I will.?

?Yes, Master,? Qui-Gon replied. Glancing at Anakin, he continued, ?But, Master, Obi-Wan is no longer my Padawan, by his own choice and the will of the Force. Anakin is now my Padawan.?

Yoda looked up, ?Expected this from you, I did. Permitted to train the boy, you will be. For now, care for Obi-Wan, you must.? With that, the diminutive Jedi Master leaned forward and switched off his com unit.

Qui-Gon turned back to Anakin. ?Let us go to Obi-Wan now, Padawan.?

?Yes, Master,? Anakin answered, following the Jedi Master as he rapidly left the room.

Mere minutes later, Master and Padawan stood beside Obi-Wan?s bed. He was still unconscious, and the doctors said he was likely to remain so for another day or two. As Qui-Gon stared down at his former Padawan?s white face, reality fin

16. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    You don't have to give him help necessarily, Qui-Gon, you dolt (lovingly, "dolt," okay? ;) ). Just be there for him...care for him as a human being - got it?

And Anakin, I like you. I'm not sure why you're so reasonable and mature in this, but I like it. You done well.

Like Yoda, I'm a bit :confused: why Yoda sensed Obi-Wan's death, but not his resurrection. Very strange.

Well done - but I'm waiting for answers. I'll try to be patient.

17. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    =D= You continue to impress me with the humanity of your Qui and especially Ani. [:D] I eagerly await answers and Obi's healing. Well done, Zelty! :D

18. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    Nicely done Zeltron. I guess all that time in the Mud Hutt helped you with Yoda speak. [face_laugh] Other than that I liked it. I'm looking forward to the Jedi exploring Anakin's abilities.

19. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Wow...Qui-Gon is so...so...compassionate...caring...concerned toward Obi-Wan [face_love]

Anakin is being so reasonable, helpful, obedient, discerning, kind...are you sure this is Anakin? ;)

They are almost like the antithesis to Val's Qui-Gon and Anakin in Even Jedi Cry...very interesting. (And with an injured Obi in this one, too!)

I like it..can't wait for more. =D=

20. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    I like this side of Qui-Gon and Anakin has amazed me he has compassion for Obi-Wan Yahoooo.[face_dancing]

21. Jedi_MasterSkywalker

Jedi_MasterSkywalker Jedi Knight star 4

Aug 29, 2010
    This was a very descriptive chapter with many emotions from all the characters Zel. Well Done. I especially like Qui-Gon's reactions.

22. The_Nerfherder

The_Nerfherder Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 19, 2010
    Interesting, The_Zeltron. Well writ. :D

23. charie

charie Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 6, 2007
    Great update! PM me please! =D=

24. Paige

Paige Jedi Knight

Sep 4, 2010
    I just found this story and it's, could you add me to the PM list?

25. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    You know, I AM another year (if not two) older than I was since your last update! Must I bang my spoon and bring on a headache that will only go away by updating?

What if instead of threatening, I merely [face_praying] ?

Bribery?