main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends A Life in the Dark ~UPDATE 5/29~

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Valley_Lord, Feb 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LeatherNeck

LeatherNeck Jedi Master star 3

Mar 24, 2006
    Nic drawing. Where's this fic going?

2. iamobiwan1970

iamobiwan1970 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 23, 2005
    Good to see you have this fic back in action.

3. Valley_Lord

Valley_Lord Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2005

Tenel Ka led Jacen by arm, a display of affection rather than a necessity. By this time Jacen could recognized where he was by the sound his feet made against the ancient cobblestones. He frowned.

?Why are we heading for the infirmary?? He asked more curious than suspicious. He could sense her apprehension.

?I do not know, perhaps they wish to make sure you are ready for an assignment.? she said as they entered the Main corridor. Jacen frowned as they walked.

?Did they change something? The hall sounds muted or something.? She let out a rare smile.

?Indeed the painted the hall.? Jacen kept his head oriented toward her in an approximation of a stare.

?They painted a four thousand year old archeological structure?? he asked incredously. She nearly giggled.

?Indeed, Tionne was furious.? her voice holding amusement.

?I would think so.? he said before they came to the door of the infirmary. He nodded at Master Chilgal as they entered.

?So who had the bright Idea of painting the Temple corridors?? he asked.

?Dorsk 82.? Chilgal said. ?The dusk and rock particles were affecting him badly. Jacen frowned.

?They could have just laminated the walls, that paint is going to fade and the flake off in a couple of years with Yavin?s humidity.?

?That is what I said.? said Chilgal tiredly. Jacen turned belatedly at Lusa.

?Hey Lusa, I didn?t hear you.? Lusa smiled even though she knew he could not see her, which elated Jacen by the fact that she didn?t treat him differently than everyone else. Jacen turned his attention to Chilgal again.

?So where?s Uncle Luke? He asked me to come here.?

?He?ll be here shortly, we need to do some scans.? said Chilgal. Jacen raised an eyebrow.

?Scanning what precisely?? he asked.

?Your brain, we wish to determine whether your mind is permanently affected by your injury.?

?A scan would be superfluous then, we already know my brain remapped itself.? said Jacen. The Mon Cal Master was more reserved.

?We don?t know that Jacen, there could be other side affect that we can?t see.? Jacen sighed and motioned to Lusa.

?Start it up, let?s get it over with.? a second later a high pitch whine filled the room. TO the others it was a very quiet sound, but to Jacen, it buzzed loudly, painfully loud.

?Uh... ear plugs please?? Jacen requested.

?Well?? Luke asked.

?Jacen?s Brain has successfully remapped itself so he can ?see? what he hears.? Jacen frowned.

?No I don?t.? he stated.

?Well no, he doesn?t actually see what he hears, but his mind translates the complex sounds he receives into an acting mental map, where he can detect the three dimensional location, movement and, to some degree, texture, of an object.? Chilgal explained.

?I could have told you that.? Jacen said sullenly.

?Well,... we needed to be sure.? Chilgal said. Jacen compressed his lips in vexation and withheld his response. Tenel Ka didn?t though.

?Do you believe Jacen would lie about his condition?.? she asked.

?Well no, but the way he perceives....?

?Is his world. Would you treat a person the same way had they lost their hearing?? Tenel Ka asked heatedly. Luke stopped it there.

?Enough, finish your report Master Chilgal.? He said emphasizing master.

?The damage to the hypothalamus has been repaired, and aside from the lack of the optic nerve, his mind is fine, if a little different in its pathways.? she said. Luke nodded.

?Is he ready to participate in missions?? he asked. Chilgal hesitated but nonetheless said.

?I see no medical reason why not, though his capacity will be limited however, he cannot pilot any moving vehicle.? she cautioned.

?That?s why we send pairs.? Luke said and then turned to the other two.

?Would you two come with me please.? He said and walked out of the room.

4. Valley_Lord

Dec 2, 2005
  5. Valley_Lord

Dec 2, 2005
    They followed Luke into his office, The master pushed a pile of papers off his holoprojector and activated it.

?There have been a rash of disappearances in the midrim. All the victoms were between the ages of three and ten years old.? Luke began, and manipulated the control settings so that the projector displayed holos of the children. Jacen frowned slightly.

?I?ve had a complex force field generator installed.? Luke explained, leaving out that it was entirely for Jacen?s conveniance. Jacen nodded and motioned Luke to continue.

?Normally the GBI would deal with this issue, but, tests done on hair, blood or tissue samples of the children has revealed that every single child is force sensitive.? Tenel Ka looked at Jacen to guage his reaction, The tightness of his jaw and his compressed brow said enough.

?So they have decided that this falls into our jurisdiction, and that we should handle it.?

?Exactly how many children have disappeared?? Tenel Ka asked. Luke sighed and said.

?Seventeen. I?ve had every scrap of information sent to your datapads.? He said handing a new datapad to Jacen, it was much larger and heavier than his old one.

?This has a small force feild generator and a high quality audio card, it should be able to accurately reproduce sound.? Jacen nodded. He then spoke up.

?Do we know who is behind these kidnappings.?

?No, these events have happened along the Corellian trade spine, so a very high number of
    common ships have been on the same planets during these attacks. We have identified six ships that were present for all seventeen of these attacks.?

?Why havent these ships been detained and searched.?

?The GBI is spread too thin, local security forces have proven too slow, and these ships are simply far too large to be serached in less than a month. If they initiated a search, then the kidnapper might abandon these children, The GBI had been afraid that the children would die before they found them.? Luke finnished.

?So these needs to be a covert investigation.? Jacen said.

?Yes, the captains and officers of these ships have been cleared by the GBI, and they will cooperate. The Crewman?s guild has been contacted and they are also going through the crew at
    the moment, unfortunately the total crew of these six ships number nearly a thousand, and it is more likely that a passenger is the culprit.?

?And they cannot further limit the search of these ships?? Luke shook his head.

?No, these are Series six freighters, nearly a billion cubic meters each. Any more questions?? Luke asked.

?Limitations?? Jacen prompted.

?None, so long as these children are not put in danger, it is also possible that they have
    left these ships, so detainment of the culprit is preferred, but not required. You are encouraged to take any means necessary to extract the location of the children from the culprit, including torture. Any thing else?? Luke asked. When he saw they had none he
    continued. ?Good, you may go now.?

?I guess he was serious after all.? Jacen mused. Tenel Ka raised an eyebrow at him.

?Did you expect any less?? she asked.

?Much less, in fact, I was expecting him to shunt me off to the sidelines.? Tenel Ka smiled thinly.

?You need to stop being negative all the time, it does not suit you.? she said.

?Okay, when I find something positive about being blind I?ll be as positive as you want me to be.? Jacen said sarcastically.

?Focus on the task at hand Jacen.? Tenel Ka said. He sighed.

?Fine, I?ll pack up my stuff and bring it to the Dragon, I?ll meet you there.? He said and left. Tenel Ka sighed and watched him leave.

6. Valley_Lord

Dec 2, 2005
  7. LeatherNeck

LeatherNeck Jedi Master star 3

Mar 24, 2006
    HE sounds a little bitter still.

8. Valley_Lord

Dec 2, 2005
    A little bitterness and anger at his situation is normal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.