main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends A Life Not His Own [COMPLETE] -- Sequel Spoilers - 02/02

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Kidan, Aug 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Marrs

Darth_Marrs Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 24, 2006
    This was a really great story, Kidan. I sincerely hope to read more in a sequal some day. Preferably some day soon.

2. Kidan

Kidan TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 20, 2003
    DarthSanctimonious
    Great conclusion! Do I smell an impending sequel? [face_mischief]
    yes you do....it's currently about half-written, and is already a bit longer than this fic...

Eh heh heh he he he ha ha HA HA BUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! [face_laugh] [face_devil] [face_laugh] [face_devil] [face_laugh]
    [face_mischief]

I mean, uh, how horrible. Yeah. [face_plain]
    heh...yeah, horrid...

I also notice that Han and Leia both regained their composure a lot quicker than they did when Anakin died in Star by Star. [face_devil] :D :p
    well...they are in the midst of a battle...long years of practice would have ensured that they learned to suppress emotions of that nature while doing so....Anakin's death in SbS happened while they were still on the planet....slight, but important, difference...

Entirely understandable, of course. ;)
    of course! [face_mischief]

On a less pedantic note, I have to say that my favorite part of this chapter was Traest's one simple line, "Coruscant, I'm sorry". I'm not sure what exactly it was about it, but those three words really seemed the perfect expression for the desperation of the galaxy, especially coming as they do right on the heels of Jacen's "death" (err, that was a line original to you, right? :p I'm going to feel like an ass if it turns out it was already in Star by Star...). Putting Leia's speech as the closing words was perfect.
    I don't think it's in SbS, but it's not mine really...i think it came from a war movie or book..or maybe even real history...a very similar situation, with a naval officer, telling the base he was abandoning that he was sorry...it just seemed to work so perfectly in that scene that I had to use it....as for Leia's speech...i think it ends the fic perfectly as well...a mixture of hope and despair, beautifully told by Leia herself...

Now, am I allowed to imagine that Anakin subsequently pulverized every Vong ship in the galaxy and let Luke lie on the floor and bleed to death? :p
    sure you are....doesn't mean that he'll be dead in the sequel :cool:

G__Anakin
    Great Job Kidan! [:D]
    thanks!!

Congradulations on finishing yet another story :)
    again thanks! And thanks for sticking around for yet another story :)

Alishu06
    Great ending!
    thanks!!

darth_dragon666
    shes got TAhiri:eek:
    yup!

now i can see a future scene that is like Aliens
    [face_mischief]we'll have to see...

Darth_Marrs
    This was a really great story, Kidan. I sincerely hope to read more in a sequal some day. Preferably some day soon.
    Thanks!!! And yes, there is a sequel...and as soon as I get the initial draft written, and have a chance to do a quick revision on it, it'll get started posting it.....

3. Kidan

Jul 20, 2003
    As I hinted in my replies a few days ago, yes there is a sequel in the works....and no, it's not done yet. I'm currently writing chapter twenty....and am maybe a third of the way done. Once I hit chapter 25, I'll probably start posting early (despite my desire to not post stories until they're finished), just because I don't want to force you all to wait for like four months before I start posting the sequel....

am I being nice? *shudders*

anyways...here's the DP for Alien Crossfire

Dramatis Personae
    Alem?arar ? Jedi Knight (female Twi?lek)
    Anakin Solo ? Jedi Knight (male human)
    Czulkang Lah ? Former Warmaster (male Yuuzhan Vong)
    Eliza Theatra ? Rogue Two (female human)
    Gavin Darklighter ? Commander, Rogue Squadron (male human)
    Han Solo ? Captain, Millennium Falcon (male human)
    Harrar ? Priest, Deception Sect (male Yuuzhan Vong)
    Iella Antilles ? Intelligence Operative (female human)
    Jaina Solo ? Jedi Knight (female human)
    Jacen Solo ? Jedi Knight (male human)
    Jagged Fel ? Commander, Empire of the Hand (male human)
    Jakan ? High Priest (male Yuuzhan Vong)
    Kyp Durron ? Jedi Master (male human)
    Lando Calrissian ? owner Tendandro Arms (male human)
    Leia Solo ? Jedi Knight (female human)
    Lu?ath Raptoq ? Shamed One (male Yuuzhan Vong)
    Luke Skywalker ? Jedi Master (male human)
    Mirax Horn - Captain Pulsar Skate (female human)
    Nelani Dinn ? Jedi Trainee (female human)
    Nen Yim ? Adept Shaper (female Yuuzhan Vong)
    Nom Anor ? Executor (male Yuuzhan Vong)
    Num?arar ? Jedi Knight (female Twi?lek)
    Onimi ? Shimmra?s familiar (male Yuuzhan Vong)
    Sannah ? Jedi apprentice (female Melodie)
    Shimmra ? Overlord (male Yuuzhan Vong)
    Ta'a Chume ? former Queen Mother (female Hapan)
    Tenel Ka ? Jedi Knight (female Hapan)
    Teneniel Djo ? Queen Mother (female Dathomari)
    Tionne Solusar ? Jedi Master (female near-human)
    Traest Kre'fey ? Admiral, Ralroost (male Bothan)
    Trisdin Gheer ? courtesan (male Hapan)
    Tsavong Lah ? Warmaster (male Yuuzhan Vong)
    Tycho Celchu ? Colonel Rogue Squadron, retired (male human)
    Valin Horn ? Jedi apprentice (male human)
    Wedge Antilles ? Retired General (male human)

4. DARTH_MU

DARTH_MU Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    Not to be nosy or anything, but where's Lumiya and the cloned Tahiri?

5. Kidan

Jul 20, 2003
    DARTH_MU
    Not to be nosy or anything, but where's Lumiya and the cloned Tahiri?
    *shrugs* Kalakar?

6. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    Final Chapter:

Vergere: Someone has to fry this chicken before Ebaq 9. Can you do that? Are you taking requests?

Kind of feel sorry for lots of people at the end here, Jacen (just a little mind you, because he should have never listened to fowl. It's just not done.) and for those left behind on Coruscant. :(

What has her attention is the lifeless husk which floats in the bacta tank before her. She walks close to the tank, and presses her hand against it. She smiles even as she wonders who would have placed someone who is dead into a bacta tank.

Ok, now that's got my attention.

Lumiya chooses to reincarnate (kind of) Tahiri. This ought to be interesting when/if she comes up against Anakin.

And what will Nelani do when Anakin's first love returns? [face_thinking]

This was a great story. So much better than real NJO as far as Anakin staying alive and all. Looking forward to the sequal.

7. Kidan

Jul 20, 2003
    Lola64
    Vergere: Someone has to fry this chicken before Ebaq 9. Can you do that? Are you taking requests?
    [face_laugh]I make no promises...

Kind of feel sorry for lots of people at the end here, Jacen (just a little mind you, because he should have never listened to fowl. It's just not done.) and for those left behind on Coruscant. :(
    aye...you do have to feel a bit sad for Jacen...especially when you know what happened to him in canon....

Ok, now that's got my attention.
    [face_mischief]good!

Lumiya chooses to reincarnate (kind of) Tahiri. This ought to be interesting when/if she comes up against Anakin.
    oh yes...it definitely should be interesting...

And what will Nelani do when Anakin's first love returns? [face_thinking]
    fight or flee? or something utterly unexpected?

This was a great story. So much better than real NJO as far as Anakin staying alive and all. Looking forward to the sequal.
    Thanks!!!! I'm ecstatic that you enjoyed it! I just hope that the sequel lives up to your expectations....because it's a bit more....massive of a story..

Thanks for reading!![:D]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.