main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends A Lifetime Together: {UDC 2} L/M, Ben ~ **Gasp!** Weeks 11, 12 & 13! (2/3/09)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by mavjade , Sep 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Title: A Lifetime Together
    Author: mavjade
    Genre: Just about everything!
    Timeframe: Somewhere in the EU
    Characters: Mostly Luke and Mara, but some Ben!
    A/N: This is a response to the Ultimate Drabble Challenge

Week 1: Found Below
    Week 2: Found Below
    Week 3: Found Below
    Week 4: Found Here
    Week 5: Found Here
    Week 6: Found Here

PM List:
    Irish_Jedi_Jade
    NYCitygurl
    Myriad_Daydreams
    Dancing_Star

[u]Week One[/u]

[b]Smooth[/b]
    The dress was skin tight, smooth like glass that covered her body. The look was incredibly intoxicating, and Luke took a moment to admire her perfect curves. He could always tell when Mara felt good about herself, her Force aura beamed with confidence, and that feeling he loved very much.

She knew how she looked, but even more she knew how she felt. They way he looked at her was bliss. It had been a while since they had the opportunity to get dressed up, for her to feel beautiful. Though from the look in his eyes...

[b]Rough[/b]
    It had been a rough night. Ben kept them awake for most of it, crying and screaming. When it was not Ben keeping her awake, it was the dreams, or what she really feared, Force visions.

There was no way that her loving nephew could do something so terrible, as to torture his own cousin. Jacen was a kind person who wouldn't hurt any creature and certainly not his family. Now that she was awake and looking at herself in the mirror, the worried lines that marred her face, she relaxed.

It must have just been a very bad dream.

[b]Dry[/b]
    Now she remembered why she hated this place. There was nothing to like about Tatooine, except for it was the place where her husband grew up. It was dry, dirty and excruciatingly hot. Why anyone would want to live on a planet with two suns was beyond her.

It was all Luke's idea, bringing Ben here to show him where Luke had grown up. To give him a tour of what it was like when he was young. Mara wanted nothing more than to leave this rock.

"Dad, can we go home now?"

Yes, the boy certainly took after her.

[b]Wrinkled[/b]
    Her face was old, wrinkled, but he loved it none the less. Since the first day they met he thought she had a beauty about her that no-one could surpass. And on this day, her last, she was still as beautiful as she had been at the very first.

His hand caressed her face, memorizing how she looked and felt. He knew that one day he would be with her again, but for now, this was what he needed.

As he said his final words of love, her body began to glow, and she became one with the Force.

[b]Weathered[/b]
    His face looked old, weathered, but she loved it none the less. Each line of his face was a story of their life together, of the things they had accomplished, and the love they shared for one another.

Her hands caressed his face as he slept,exhaustion keeping him from awakening, and she realized how hard his life had truly been. He never failed to give himself over, to sacrifice himself for the greater good, for others, just as he had done this time, just as he would again.

And one of these days, soon, it would be his undoing.

2. Kidan

Kidan TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 20, 2003
    wonderfully done mavjade!

3. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    These were beautiful, Dry was my favorite.

Too cute![face_love]

But weathered was really true as well.[face_thinking]

Great job with these.=D=

~MJ@};-

4. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Weathered
    His face looked old, weathered, but she loved it none the less. Each line of his face was a story of their life together, of the things they had accomplished, and the love they shared for one another.

Her hands caressed his face as he slept,exhaustion keeping him from awakening, and she realized just hard his life had truly been. He never failed to give himself over, to sacrifice himself for the greater good, for others, just as he had done this time, just as he would again.

Just amazing! =D=

5. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    on Rough: if only Luke and Mara took the warning seriously

Dun dun dun [face_whistling]

As he said his final words of love, her body began to glow, and she became one with the Force.

if only Mara trully did die like that... oh wait, she did, cuz this is canon and the books are not :p

6. BigFatty

BigFatty Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2005
    These are all great. I think Dry is my favorite, just adorable.

7. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Beautiful! I liked "weathered" best. They are all really wonderful. [face_love]

8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Superb. =D= Especially Smooth. Weathered rang true also. :)

9. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    That was wonderful

[face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

I loved Luke and Mara's devotion shinning through in each drabble.

Great job on this

=D= =D= =D= =D=

10. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    It's great to see you back! These are well done and I can't wait for more!

11. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    Thanks everyone!! [:D]

Han: wonderfully done mavjade!
    Thanks!! [:D] Ya know, I've gotten so used to you calling me Tahiri is seems awfully formal when you call me by my screen name! ;) 8-}

Mira_Jade: These were beautiful, Dry was my favorite.Too cute!
    Thank you! I've always imagined Luke doing something like this, and what kid would think Tatooine would be exciting??

But weathered was really true as well.Great job with these.
    Thanks, and thanks for reading!!

VaderLVR: Just amazing!
    Thank you so much! [:D]

SilSolo: on Rough: if only Luke and Mara took the warning seriously
    I know!! My poor Ben!!

Dun dun dun
    LOL! It did need that, didn't it?!

if only Mara truly did die like that...
    I wish it would have happened something like this, but alas it was not meant to be. :(

oh wait, she did, cuz this is canon and the books are not
    LOL! Thank you! I think I will think that way as well! ;)
    Thanks for reading!!

BigFatty: These are all great. I think Dry is my favorite, just adorable.
    Thank you! [:D] I love writing young Ben and even though he only had one line, he had to be cute! :)

divapilot: Beautiful! I liked "weathered" best. They are all really wonderful.
    Thanks so much!! I believe weathered was my favorite as well!

Jade_eyes: Superb. Especially Smooth. Weathered rang true also.
    Thanks! I felt like putting a "wink, wink" at the end of smooth! :p

KEILA: That was wonderful
    Thank you!

I loved Luke and Mara's devotion shinning through in each drabble.
    Great job on this

Thanks! I could always feel their devotion in the books and try really hard to show that in my writing!

ginchy: It's great to see you back! These are well done and I can't wait for more!
    Thank you so much!!! [:D] It's wonderful to be back!

Well, I'm really excited for the next round of prompts, but I have a tests Monday and Tuesday, so I'll probably use them to procrastinate!! :p

Thanks again everyone!

12. MarasFire

MarasFire Jedi Master star 4

Jun 14, 2007
    Awwww, wonderful drabbles about L/M and Ben! [face_love]

I loved every single one but I think my absolute favorites were Dry and Weathered.

13. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    It had been a while since they had the opportunity to get dressed up, for her to feel beautiful. Though from the look in his eyes...

Awwww... [face_love] Typical Luke! I also liked "Weathered," though I'm a little frightened of that ominous last line. :p

14. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    MarasFire: Awwww, wonderful drabbles about L/M and Ben!
    Thank you! Those three are my favorite, so I love writing them... especially when I can write them all together!

I loved every single one but I think my absolute favorites were Dry and Weathered.
    :D Those were my favorites as well! Thank you for reading!! [:D]

JadeSolo: Awwww... [face_love] Typical Luke!
    You gotta love him!! [face_love]

I also liked "Weathered," though I'm a little frightened of that ominous last line.
    Whooo haha ha!! [face_skull]

:p Sorry couldn't help myself!
    Thank you so much!

The second set of drabbles will be coming soon, I'm having problems with civilian! 8-}

15. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    I'm not real happy with these, but it was the best that I could get out of my brain!

Week Two

Jedi

He is a Jedi in every since of the word. I'm, well, I don't know what I am, but I've always felt that I was not a Jedi for all the atrocities I committed. When I was young I may not have known any better but as I got older I should have realized the evil I was helping to commit.

He calls me one, but I am not a Jedi, not yet anyway. I have many thing to make up for before I claim that title.

One day I do hope to stand beside him as an equal.

Sith

I have now resigned myself to the fact, he is a Sith. I see the nephew that I trained, that was a sweet and caring young soul as evil. Ben feels that he killed Mara, and now I'm not so sure he is wrong.

It pains me to think that he has fallen so far, and now that I look at him I can see that we should have seen his downward slide. Maybe if we had tried harder...

But now all we can do is hope he can be turned. The last thing I want is to kill my sisters son.

Solider

I am a solider.

I decided not to train as a Jedi, but as a young albeit a powerful member of the GAG.

I know many of the GAG don't like someone so young fighting beside them, they are worried about me, and about themselves. I admit it is would disconcerting to have someone that was years younger than yourself watching your back.

My parents like it even less than the men of the GAG, they fear that I'm not learning the things I should, and that I'm doing things that I'm to young to do, But I disagree.

I am a solider.

Civilian

Who would suspect a 14 year old boy? I look just like any kid my age would, but I am much more dangerous. Not only do I have the Force as my ally but my military training as well.

Strolling down the walkway no one takes a second glance at me. There are men running around, checking everyone that could possibly committed such a heinous, cruel crime. Even at the check points they have set up, I pass right through even without a Force suggestion. No one suspects me.

And why should they? I am only a child.

Politician

I never wanted to be here, to do this, but alas here I am. Why is it that I have to be the representative of the Jedi to the Galactic Alliance Senate? Surely there is someone better for this position, a politician, someone like Leia.

But the GA wants me, everyone wants me, and while I realize that being the Grand Master of the Jedi comes with many responsibilities, sometimes I wish I could pass some of those duties around.

All I've ever wanted to do was pass on what I've learned.

I never wanted to be a politician.

16. Kidan

Kidan TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 20, 2003
    Tahiri
    Thanks!! hugs Ya know, I've gotten so used to you calling me Tahiri is seems awfully formal when you call me by my screen name!
    a pleasure - and I have no idea why I didn't use Tahiri there :confused:

alas... as for the new stuff, I liked them, a great look at the Skywalker men. I really liked Civilian the best though.

17. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Wonderful! :D

Politician

I never wanted to be here, to do this, but alas here I am. Why is it that I have to be the representative of the Jedi to the Galactic Alliance Senate? Surely there is someone better for this position, a politician, someone like Leia.

But the GA wants me, everyone wants me, and while I realize that being the Grand Master of the Jedi comes with many responsibilities, sometimes I wish I could pass some of those duties around.

All I've ever wanted to do was pass on what I've learned.

I never wanted to be a politician

That was my favorite! =D=

18. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    that last one really suits Luke. he so hates politics. and poor Ben, being made to do all the horrible things

19. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    These are very good! I liked Jedi best of all. It really shows Ben's conflicted feelings.

=D= =D=

20. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    I get a strong resigned sense from each of these. I'm not who I want or wish to be. I am what I do not wish to be, or have to fill a role I don't like at all. Jedi and Politician shows these the strongest. =D=

21. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Wonderful update

Jedi really captured Mara's mixed emotions with her new life.

=D= =D= =D= =D=

22. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    I can't believe I missed these before!!

Great drabbles!! My favorite of this set is "Soldier." I love how you started and ended it with the same, "I am a soldier." Poor Ben!!

But awesome drabbles :D Can't wait for more!!

23. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    Tee he he! I wanted Jedi to be sort of ambiguous so that it could be seen as Mara or Ben and it seemed to work! I put a little of both of them in there! :D

Han: alas... as for the new stuff, I liked them, a great look at the Skywalker men.
    Thank you so much!

I really liked Civilian the best though.
    :D I was really having problems writing that one, and wasn't real sure it was going to work!

VaderLVR: Wonderful! :D Politician That was my favorite!
    Thank you! I've always felt like Luke has to do way more politics than he would like!

Sil: that last one really suits Luke. he so hates politics.
    Thanks! He really does, doesn't he!

and poor Ben, being made to do all the horrible things
    I know! :_| It makes me so sad, and so very mad at Jacen! :mad:

DivaPilot: These are very good! I liked Jedi best of all. It really shows Ben's conflicted feelings.

Thank you so much! I really wanted to show how awful he felt for the things Jacen has made him do... I'm really afraid that he won't feel that way in the books!

Jade_eyes: I get a strong resigned sense from each of these. I'm not who I want or wish to be. I am what I do not wish to be, or have to fill a role I don't like at all. Jedi and Politician shows these the strongest.
    That is exactly the feeling I was going for in each of these. I guess the Skywalker family is just destined to feel that way! :( Thank you for reading!!

KELIA: Wonderful update. Jedi really captured Mara's mixed emotions with her new life.
    Thank you!!! I'm glad you saw Mara in Jedi... I originally intended for it to be Mara and then I realized how it could also be Ben, but it was starting to look as though no one else saw Mara! :)

NYCitygurl: I can't believe I missed these before!!
    :) Don't worry... it is very easy to miss things around this place! ;)

Great drabbles!! My favorite of this set is "Soldier." I love how you started and ended it with the same, "I am a soldier." Poor Ben!!
    Thanks! I felt like starting and ending with the same thing made it more dramatic! And yes, poor Ben... he has been through so much in such a short life. It makes me sad! :(

But awesome drabbles Can't wait for more!!
    Thanks so much for reading, Nat!! [:D]

So the next set are up and I'm working on them now, but I'm really tired so it's hard to tell when they will be up! Thanks everyone for reading!! [:D]

24. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    Ok, so now I'm behind. I had these written around last Wed. but then my dog knocked a Coke out of my hand, which of course spilled on my laptop. :_| Luckily after letting it dry out for several days, I turned it back on, and it seems to be ok! :D Unfortunately I'm an idiot and hadn't saved week 3 drabbles that I had written (I really liked them too!) So I had to rewrite them! I will have Week 4 up by the end of this week if it kills me ;)

Week Three]

Mother
    I wish I had known my mother.

I sometimes sit and wonder if Leia got her patients, and her charm from her. I know she got her beauty. I often wonder how much of her is in me.

I know we did have one thing in common, a belief in father. I knew that he couldn't be completely evil, that there was good in him. In the recording Artoo begrudgingly showed us, you could see that even though he had turned, that he had done evil thing, she still loved him. She never stopped believing in him.

She was right.

Father
    I may not have known my birth parents, but I was not completely alone. I did have a father.

Palpatine, was that father.

He definitely wasn't father of the galaxy, far from it, but he was all I knew and I loved him.

Even now, though most of me hates him, for what he did to others, for what he did to the galaxy, for what he did to me, a part of me still loves him.

When I pleased him, made him proud, I felt that part of him might love me.

He was all I had.

Sister
    I always felt as though something was missing from me. As though a shadow was following me everywhere but every time I would look toward the shadow the suns would blind me, not letting me see who it was standing beside me.

When I met Leia, I felt as though I could finally see who was casting the shadow. It was love that was missing.

At first I thought it was romantic love, but as I found out that she was my sister, my twin, I learned of a different love I never knew I was missing from my life.

Brother
    To me, Vader was like the evil older brother you wanted nothing to do with. I found myself wishing he would fail on every mission so that I would become our 'fathers' favorite. Even though we were fighting for the same side, we were always at war.

He hated me and I hated him.

I always felt as though Vader was holding me back, as long as he was around, I was not allowed to expand my talents, I was not allowed to learn all that there was to learn.

As long as he was around I was nothing.

Friend
    Luke is more than my husband, more than my lover... he's my friend.

I've always felt as though I could tell him anything, do anything and he would still be my friend, he would still love me. When everyone else just saw a former imperial, saw the Emperor's Hand, he saw... Mara.

He saw though the rough exterior, to the girl that lay underneath.

Just as good friends do, we laugh and joke, pick on, protect and anger each other. We are always there.

Before he was my husband, before he was my lover, he was my friend.

25. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Wow, Mav!!! Mother was touching. Sister was sweet. Friend: SQUEE!!! Melticious! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.