main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends A Lifetime Together: {UDC 2} L/M, Ben ~ **Gasp!** Weeks 11, 12 & 13! (2/3/09)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by mavjade , Sep 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    Brother: interesting view of Mara and Vader. Love sister and mother as well. that so describes teh Skywalker family

2. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Friend was absolutely gorgeous

[face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

I loved that Luke was able to see and love the real Mara.

Father....was creepy but I can understand Mara's POV.

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

3. BigE

BigE Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    Sister ? I loved this. It is like Luke?s own version of ?I?ve always known?, that he would have felt her through the Force all this time in some small way.

Brother & Friend ? Mara!

Of the two Friend truly stands out. Very heartfelt. I almost fell in love with Luke reading it. :p

4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Bige posted: Of the two Friend truly stands out. Very heartfelt. I almost fell in love with Luke reading it.

I know I did. :* :* [face_laugh] Like, as the expression goes, falling off a log. [face_laugh]

5. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Those were so sweet!! Especially "Friend." I love the part when she says that when every saw the Emperor's Hand, he saw Mara.

I liked "Brother" as well -- I can so see Mara and Vader always at war.

Good job!!

6. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Thanks everyone! [:D] I'm so far behind on these!! Week 4 is giving me some problems!!

Jade_eyes: Wow, Mav!!! Mother was touching. Sister was sweet. Friend: SQUEE!!! Melticious!
    Thank you so much!! [:D] I think that is my first "squee"!!! :D I'm glad you enjoyed them!!

silsolo: Brother: interesting view of Mara and Vader. Love sister and mother as well. that so describes teh Skywalker family
    Thank you! I was a little worried about Mara seeing her and Vader as siblings, since she married his son, but since it was metaphorical, I thought it should be ok!
    I'm glad you liked them and thought they fit the family!

KELIA: Friend was absolutely gorgeous. I loved that Luke was able to see and love the real Mara.
    Thank you!! I've always felt that Luke could see through Mara and that is why he befriended her when no one else would!! Well that and I'm a hard core L/M shipper!! ;)

Father....was creepy but I can understand Mara's POV.
    Great update

LOL! I thought it was creepy too, but I figure Mara was suffering from stockholm syndrome, and he was old enough to be her father, so I thought maybe she would see him as a father figure!
    Thank you for reading!! [:D]

Big E: Sister ? I loved this. It is like Luke?s own version of ?I?ve always known?, that he would have felt her through the Force all this time in some small way.
    Thanks!! That is exactly what I was going for!! I figure if Leia always knew, Luke would too!! :D

Brother & Friend ? Mara!Of the two Friend truly stands out. Very heartfelt. I almost fell in love with Luke reading it.
    LOL!! I'm glad you enjoyed it!! ;) :p
    But seriously.. thank you! Your comments really made my day!! Thank you for reading!! [:D]

Jade_eyes (again) :p : I know I did. Like, as the expression goes, falling off a log.
    I don't think it counts if you were already in love with him!! :p
    [face_laugh]

NYCitygurl: Those were so sweet!! Especially "Friend." I love the part when she says that when every saw the Emperor's Hand, he saw Mara.

Thanks Nat!! [:D] I've always felt that Luke could see who Mara really was and that he loved her no matter what she had done in the past!! Though I guess Luke is just that way! :)

I liked "Brother" as well -- I can so see Mara and Vader always at war. Good job!!
    Thank you!! I was thinking that Mara probably hated Vader and vice versa, which is very sibling like so I figured... why not! :)

7. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    "Brother" was poignant. What a narrow world she had when if she had sibling rivalry jealousies with Vader.

And "Friend" was lovely.

8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Argh!!! you and Mira both are doing the NaNo thingy during November. I'm gonna miss this!!! Could you please try and squeeze in Week #4 before it starts? :D @};-

9. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    I'm so sorry everyone that I am now 3 weeks behind! Week 4 is giving me major problems, not to mention DRL and now NaNoWriMo starts in 2 days! 8-} I am going to try and get a few done tonight or tomorrow, though tonight is House night and nothing gets in the way of my House watching!! :)

divapilot: "Brother" was poignant. What a narrow world she had when if she had sibling rivalry jealousies with Vader.
    I figure she did live in a very narrow world being raised the way she was. I really wanted something unusual for the brother promt, and I figured that would do it! ;)

And "Friend" was lovely.
    Thank you so much!!

jade_eyes:Argh!!! you and Mira both are doing the NaNo thingy during November. I'm gonna miss this!!! Could you please try and squeeze in Week #4 before it starts?
    :( I'm sorry!! I will try and get week 4 and maybe the others before Thursday, because you asked so nicely!! :)
    I will try and write the others durring NaNo, but I don't know if it will happen... between it work and school, I don't know when I will sleep! :p
    I might try and use these as a break from NaNo!!
    [:D] Thank you so much for your encouragement... it really means a lot to me! [:D]

10. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    Ok, so the whole NaNoWriMo thing didn't work out so well for me, I got swamped by school and illness, so now I don't have a 50,000 word novel and I'm really behind on my drabbles! *sigh* But hopefully I'll get caught up sooner rather than later! I hope you enjoy!

Week Four:

Shuttle

They could never have boarded a shuttle without disguise. They would have been hounded by fans and enemies. While they could use a Force disguise, it would take concentration on something other than each other, and that would defeat the purpose of a much needed vacation.

The shuttle passengers didn't seem to notice that the two young looking lovers, who were acting like they were on their honeymoon were actually the not so young Jedi Masters. They hadn't had time for each other in years and they were hoping that disaster would stay away for just a few days.

Fighter

He always had a love for being in a fighter. The rush, the feeling of power, the excitement of it, all things that Yoda would have greatly disapproved of, and definitely things that a Jedi Master should not be craving.

But crave them he did. At this point in his life, he wanted to know that he could still do it, that he could hang with the young guys and maybe even teach them something.

So every chance he got, he and Artoo climbed into their fighter and were a team again.

Luke loved ever minute of it.

Freighter

She knew every in and out of a ship like this. She had studied the layout for each ship until she could find her way around them in here sleep.

When she was young she was sent aboard by her master, to find out information on his servants or his enemies. Sometimes she was sent to kill them, leaving no trace.

Every nook that she could duck into, every panel that could be taken off and hidden in she still remembered. She would walk aboard these older ships and her adrenaline would start to pump excitement into her veins.

Capital ship

Standing on the bridge of such a large ship always made Luke feel very small. The vast area of transparasteel that let him look out into space to see just how big it really was. No matter how many times he had been in space he was always amazed.

He figured it was because he spent so much time stranded on planet when he was young. So now, he would spend hours in front of any viewport he could find when he was aboard a ship, just looking, meditating and wondering what else was out there to be seen.

Space Station

She hated that her son was on a mission to take out Centerpoint station. She knew he felt like he was old enough to go on dangerous missions, but he was still a little boy. She and Luke and both been thrown into war and conflict at a early age and she didn't want Ben to have to go through that as well. When she was young she don't think anything of it, but as age starts to catch catch up to her she realizes how much she really missed.

He's just a little boy. He's her little boy.

11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Mav, sorry the NaNo thingy didn't work out. But tickled these are starting up again. Fighter... that was my fave 'cause it's so Luke. :* :* :)

12. dancing_star

dancing_star Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2007
    Aww, these were wonderful! :D[face_dancing] And don't feel bad for falling behind.:) I'm behind too! :p

Capital ship

Standing on the bridge of such a large ship always made Luke feel very small. The vast area of transparasteel that let him look out into space to see just how big it really was. No matter how many times he had been in space he was always amazed.

He figured it was because he spent so much time stranded on planet when he was young. So now, he would spend hours in front of any viewport he could find when he was aboard a ship, just looking, meditating and wondering what else was out there to be seen.

My favorite. [face_love] I loved this!
    Marvelous job on all of them!
    =D==D==D==D=

13. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Shuttle was lovely [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

I loved Space Station. I love seeing Mara being the typical mother.

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

14. Irish_Jedi_Jade

Irish_Jedi_Jade Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2007
    Mavjade girl those were lovely!!! I don't know how I missed them...but they were spentabulous!! So many that I loved...too many to list!! Lets just say for expediency's sake that they were ALL wondeful!!! Great great job!! I especially loved the "Mother, father, sister, brother, friend" set...those were wonderfully tender and sweet...and so insightful!!

Marvelous marvelous job!! Don't worry, you'll catch up...and I can't wait to read more! Could you add me to the PM list, if you have one?

Huggles!
    [face_good_luck] Irish

15. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    Jade_eyes:
    Mav, sorry the NaNo thingy didn't work out.
    I guess it just wasn't meant to be, but there is always next year! :)

But tickled these are starting up again.
    Thank you! :D It makes me feel really good that you say that!

Fighter... that was my fave 'cause it's so Luke.
    Thanks! I like seeing some of the old Luke sometimes!

dancing_star:
    Aww, these were wonderful!
    Thank you so much!!

And don't feel bad for falling behind. I'm behind too!
    Yea! A fellow procrastinator! :p
    Ok, so DRL just caught up with me, but usually it is procrastination that gets me!

My favorite. I loved this!
    This was the one I had major problems comming up with something so I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Marvelous job on all of them!
    Thank you! Thanks for reading! [:D]

KELIA:
    Shuttle was lovely. I loved Space Station.
    Thank you so much! Those were the two I was really unsure about, so I'm glad you liked them.

I love seeing Mara being the typical mother.
    I don't think Mara can be typical anything, but I know what you mean. I agree, I like(ed) her being the mother figure! :)

Great update
    Thank you!! [:D]

Irish_Jedi_Jade:
    Mavjade girl those were lovely!!!
    Thanks so much, Irish! [:D]

I don't know how I missed them...but they were spentabulous!!
    It is easy to do 'round this place! :) I love that word... spentabulous!! It makes me happy! :D

So many that I loved...too many to list!! Lets just say for expediency's sake that they were ALL wondeful!!!
    Thank you sooo much! You're reviews always make me feel so happy! :D They are full of energy and pep! I love it!

Great great job!! I especially loved the "Mother, father, sister, brother, friend" set...those were wonderfully tender and sweet...and so insightful!!
    That is the set that I am most proud of. I like to think outside the box, and I feel like I did with those!

Marvelous marvelous job!! Don't worry, you'll catch up...and I can't wait to read more!
    I hope to get two sets done a week 'till I get caught up, but with finals just around the corrner (and the independent study class I have yet to start on [face_blush]) I don't know that it will happen! :)

Could you add me to the PM list, if you have one?
    I would be more than happy to PM you!
    Thanks for reading!!! [:D]

16. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    Hello all! I'm really trying to catch up! :D I'm also trying something a little different with Rash, I've never done something that is mostly dialogue, so let me know if it reads alright! [:D]

Burn

The scar on her thigh always reminded her of times she would rather forget.

Her instructor managed to get her lightsaber away from her and then swiped it around and touched her leg with the blade. A small scream escaped her lips before she was able to contain it. He could have taken her leg, or her life, and she knew it.

She walked around with a limp and a big welt for several days, she was never allowed to get treatment for her training wounds. That way, the lesson would sink in.

Rash

"Why are you squirming?" Mara asked

"My neck itches." Luke replied

"You look like you have bugs crawling on you. Not a good look for the Grand Master. Let me take a look."

"Its driving me crazy!"

Mara began to giggle. "Looks like someone is allergic to this material. You have a big rash and some swelling."

"Its not funny."

"Grand Master of the Jedi, allergic to his Jedi robes. He can defeat Sith Lords, but not his clothes."

"Seriously, Mara its not funny, it itches. How could I be allergic, I haven't gotten new robes."

"Everyone has always told you you needed a new wardrobe.".

Surgery

He didn't want a new hand, he was well attached to the old one. It took years for it to feel real, and for him to forget. Now he would have to go through the whole process again.

He hated the thought of surgery, being unconscious always made him nervous. With the affects of anesthesia he had to use the Force to cleanse his body of the drug, slowing his reaction time way down. With the galaxy at the state it was in, he never knew when he would have to defend himself or his family...

Hurt

He hurt. Nothing had ever hurt so badly. No words described it.

Not his had being cut off, not having Force lightening coursing through his veins like white hot fire, nor any of the hundreds of injuries he had sustained over the years hurt this much. He would gladly go through all of those things at the same time if he didn't have to feel the way he did now. He would give his life.

His heart was ripping from his chest one strand at a time.

His Mara was gone, and he felt he would never recover.

Heal

It was Ben that helped him heal. Luke couldn't let his pain keep him from raising his child. In fact, he knew that if he didn't Mara would find a way to come back and kick him into gear. But it wasn't even that thought which made him truly heal.

It was the way Ben would say some things, his inability to back down, his fiery nature, his laugh, everything he did Luke could see Mara's influence. It took him time but Luke finally realized that Mara wasn't really gone, she lived on in his heart and in Ben.

17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Rash was fun and it worked very well. Hurt and Heal flowed well into each other... and were very moving.... AU that it is. ;) ;)
    Hugs on trying to catch up!! :D

18. dancing_star

Feb 24, 2007
    Rash

"Why are you squirming?" Mara asked

"My neck itches." Luke replied

"You look like you have bugs crawling on you. Not a good look for the Grand Master. Let me take a look."

"Its driving me crazy!"

Mara began to giggle. "Looks like someone is allergic to this material. You have a big rash and some swelling."

"Its not funny."

"Grand Master of the Jedi, allergic to his Jedi robes. He can defeat Sith Lords, but not his clothes."

"Seriously, Mara its not funny, it itches. How could I be allergic, I haven't gotten new robes."

"Everyone has always told you you needed a new wardrobe.".

[face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh] LOL! I can see that whole scene! Poor Luke! [face_laugh] This one's my favorite but they all were fabulous!!!:)
    Wonderful job!!
    =D= =D= =D= =D=

19. Irish_Jedi_Jade

Jul 19, 2007
    Ooh Mav!! Girl those were spentabulous!!!! ;) I'll be back to review in the morning...I just got home from a ball!

20. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Woah, Burn was harsh!! Poor Mara (I'm assuming)! :(

Rash was very cute. I bet Mara put something in his robes to give him the rash so she would have an excuse to change his wardrobe :p

And Hurt was so sad!! Poor Luke :(

Wonderful set!! If you've gota PM list, can I please be added?

21. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    I just want to let everyone know... I'm planning on reading everyone else's drabbles, but I want to wait till I get caught up... I don't like to read things that are on the same topic that I'm writing because I'm afraid I accidentally steal things from them! :)

I'm working on the next set right now!! I did three of them while at work! ;)

Jade_eyes:

Rash was fun and it worked very well.
    Thanks! I'd never done complete dialogue before and I was a little concerned!

Hurt and Heal flowed well into each other... and were very moving.... AU that it is.
    Yes, of course AU!! ;) I wanted, at some point, to show Luke's pain as well as him moving past it and I thought those prompts worked well!

Hugs on trying to catch up!!
    Thanks! I need all the help I can get! :)
    [:D]

dancing_star:
    LOL! I can see that whole scene! Poor Luke! This one's my favorite but they all were fabulous!!!
    Thank you! I'm not usually very good with humor so I'm glad you found it amusing!

Wonderful job!!
    Thanks! And thank you for reading!! [:D]

Irish_Jedi_jade:
    Ooh Mav!! Girl those were spentabulous!!!!
    Ohhh, my favorite word!! It just makes my day! I'm glad you enjoyed them!!

I just got home from a ball!
    Oh, how fun!!! I want to go! :)

NYCitygurl:
    Woah, Burn was harsh!! Poor Mara (I'm assuming)!
    Yep! That was Mara... I figure there were some less than nice things that were done to her by Palpy and his minions. :(

Rash was very cute. I bet Mara put something in his robes to give him the rash so she would have an excuse to change his wardrobe
    LOL! She probably did! That would be so like her!

And Hurt was so sad!! Poor Luke
    I feel so bad for Luke recently... as if he hasn't had a hard enough life as it is! :(

Wonderful set!! If you've gota PM list, can I please be added?
    Thanks Nat!! [:D] I'd be more than happy to add you!!

Thanks for reading everyone!!! I love you guys! [:D]

22. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    Still playing catch up, obviously! :) I hope you enjoy!

Week Six

Shirt

It was the most hideous thing he had ever seen. Why Leia though he should wear it was beyond him. She claimed that he always wore bland and boring clothing, so she bought him that, and insisted that he wear it.

He thought he would be nice and wear it to the family get together that evening. He didn't want to face his sisters wrath if he wore black again.

But when he walked out of the bedroom it was all Mara could do to keep from falling in the floor from maniacal laughter.

Luke turned right around and went to change.

Pants

They were his favorite. They were well worn, but didn't have any obvious flaws, yet. He always wore this pair when he was leading a meditation class, he liked to have as few distractions as possible, and that included his clothing.

As he slid his legs into them he felt something was wrong. As he stood he knew something was very wrong. The bottom hem was at in the middle of his shins. Either he had grown a few inches or they had shrunk. Since he hadn't grown in a LONG time, he morned the death of his favorite pants.

Dress

She didn't wear dresses very often, but when she did she was stunning. If Luke weren't so comfortable in their relationship he might get upset at all men looking at her. But he had to admit she did look spectacular this particular evening.

The dress was form fitting, with an extremely low back and a slit up her right thigh. She looked as though she had been dipped in gold. Her long red hair was slightly curled and it cascaded down her back like a waterfall.

Everywhere she walked people turned to look, but she only had eyes for he adoring husband.

Uniform

He didn't require that the Jedi wear a specific color, or really a specific style of dress. As long as they dressed appropriately for the occasions when they were on missions, it was fine with him. He didn't exactly agree with the old counsel restrictions and allowed his Jedi to have more freedoms. If they wanted to wear colors, who was he to stop them.

But as he looked around he noticed there was a uniform that everyone was wearing, the very uniform of the old Jedi.

He was proud that the some traditions were being passed on.

Cloak

She hid under the cowl of her dark cloak like a shadow in the night. She could hide anything and anywhere; even from herself.

She felt safe wrapped in the cloak, like a child wrapped in their special blanket handmade my by their mother. She would never dare tell anyone she felt this way, for she knew it would be used against her. But anytime she felt alone in the galaxy or shame at the things she had done, or cold in her own skin, she placed on the cloak and felt a love she thought she would never know.

23. Irish_Jedi_Jade

Jul 19, 2007
    Hehehehehe...FIRST!!

Mav, those were spentabular!!! (your word! ;)) I loved each one....especially "Dress" though. I liked how you brought up they were so close Luke didn't have to feel jealous.

Wonderful job!! I've got an eye infection so I'm typing with one eye closed..and that's kinda hard, so I'm not going to go loooonnnngggg like normal. But I will say KEEP GOING!! YOU CAN DO IT!!!! Catchup is hard (i'm behind too!) but I'll always read!!! Youcandoityoucandoityoucandoit!!!!!

Huggles,
    [face_good_luck] Irish

24. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Shirt & Pants LOL Dress Melty!! That dress... so perfect with her hair and eyes--Mara's ravishing!! :* [face_love]

25. dancing_star

Feb 24, 2007
    Awww! [face_love]Lovely wonderful drabbles!! [face_dancing]
    Shirt

It was the most hideous thing he had ever seen. Why Leia though he should wear it was beyond him. She claimed that he always wore bland and boring clothing, so she bought him that, and insisted that he wear it.

He thought he would be nice and wear it to the family get together that evening. He didn't want to face his sisters wrath if he wore black again.

But when he walked out of the bedroom it was all Mara could do to keep from falling in the floor from maniacal laughter.

Luke turned right around and went to change.
    [face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh] I don't think Leia's going to be very happy though, Luke.[face_shame_on_you] I agree that you shouldn't wear black ALL the time. :rolleyes: Baby blue would be nice. And white was a wonderful color on you in ANH. =P~ Luke looks adorable in any color! [face_love]

Dress

She didn't wear dresses very often, but when she did she was stunning. If Luke weren't so comfortable in their relationship he might get upset at all men looking at her. But he had to admit she did look spectacular this particular evening.

The dress was form fitting, with an extremely low back and a slit up her right thigh. She looked as though she had been dipped in gold. Her long red hair was slightly curled and it cascaded down her back like a waterfall.

Everywhere she walked people turned to look, but she only had eyes for he adoring husband.

[face_love] Sweet and beautiful!! I think this one's my favorite, though I loved them all![face_love]

Wonderful job! And I know you'll catch up! ;) You're a fabulous writer! [:D]
    =D= =D= =D= =D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.