main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga A Light in the Darkness...A/P, Obi-Wan, Palpaptine...Updated 04/11/11

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Kelia-Lily, Mar 3, 2008.

1. Kelia-Lily

Kelia-Lily Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 5, 2006
    Title: A Light in the Darkness
    Authors: Kelia and LilyHobbitJedi
    Characters: A/P, Obi-Wan, Palpatine, Various Jedi
    Genre: Suspense/Drama, Romance
    Timeframe: ROTS
    A/N: Hello and welcome to our second collaboration!! This is the brainchild of both myself (Kelia) and LilyHobbitJedi and we hope you will enjoy. In an effort to keep DRL from interfering with our updating schedule, we will be updating every other week on Mondays. If you would like a PM, please let us know :)

Chapter 1

Anakin restlessly paced through the high council chamber, his mind still reeling from Palpatine?s confession he was the Sith Lord the Jedi had been searching for all these years. How was it possible? How could the man he grew to trust with his deepest secrets really be a Sith Lord?

For so many years, he was Anakin?s favorite sounding board. During the times he was frustrated with Obi-Wan or the Council, Palpatine was always there to encourage him. The elderly man always seemed to make perfect sense to Anakin, and now he knew why. All this time he?d been tricked.

He clenched his hands into tight fists as a single tear slid down his cheek. Palpatine?s betrayal cut him deeply and the probability he would soon be dead did nothing to sooth him.

?If I die, my knowledge goes with me,? Palpatine stated flatly only an hour ago, just after his confession.

For all his deception and manipulation, Palpatine deserved to die and yet?

A sob escaped Anakin?s lips as Padmé?s beautiful face flashed before his eyes. If Palpatine died, so would the knowledge he needed to save his wife. How could he let that happen?

?I can?t,? he cried. ?I need her.?

Crumbling to his knees, Anakin let out an anguished cry that echoed off the chamber walls as he turned to the only power capable of helping him ? the Force. ?Help me!? he begged. ?I?m sorry for loving Padmé and breaking all the rules but I can?t lose her! I?ll die without her!? he buried his face in his hands, silently screaming for relief.

Several agonizing moments passed as Anakin released all his pent up emotions into the Force. Suddenly, he felt a tremendous weight lift from his shoulders ? from his very soul.

Blinking in confusion, he cautiously lifted his head. He felt so light, so free and he knew without a shadow of a doubt what he must do next.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Padmé sat on the plush sofa in her spacious sitting room staring blankly ahead. The day had been going along as normal when she was hit by an overwhelming feeling of dread.

She immediately thought of her child, her hands automatically covering her swollen stomach with concern. As if the child could read her thoughts, he or she moved ever so slightly and Padmé was instantly calmed.

But if it wasn?t the baby, then who? Anakin. Her thoughts traveled to her husband. He had been moody and distant lately, but he was here on Coruscant at the Jedi Temple. How could anything possibly be wrong with him?

Rising to her feet, she moved quickly to the window, gazing at the five spheres of the Jedi Temple. The symbol of peace and strength throughout the Galaxy. Every time she would look at it, she couldn?t help but smile because it always reminded Padmé of her husband.

?Ani,? she breathed, placing her hand over her heart. How she wished she possessed just enough of the Force to send him her love. ?Please be all right.?

?Padmé!?

Anakin?s frantic call jerked her back to reality. She turned to find him racing towards her. ?Anakin!?

Anakin swept her into his arms, holding her tight as he twirled her around. It felt so good to be held in his arms, and she felt incredibly safe. Until she noticed how tense he was.

?What?s happened?? she whispered against his ear.

Reluctantly, Anakin set her down, cupping her cheek gently as he gazed intently into her eyes. ?Everything,? he answered cryptically before lowering his lips to hers in a desperate kiss.

Forgetting his answer, Padmé w

2. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004

Oh I like this,[face_dancing] a different twist to the story, lets hope Mace Windu can actually end Palpatines reign of terror, and chuck him out the window.[face_mischief]

Interesting =D= and can you PM me please when you update.

3. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I can already tell that I'm going to love this!

Please put me on your PM list!

=D=

4. canadianjedimama

canadianjedimama Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 28, 2008
    *jumps up and down excitedly*

Oh oh oh!!! Put me on the PM list please.

I love AU's where Anakin gets a clue and begin's with the right choice, neverminding of course what happens from there. :p

I can't wait to see where this goes!

5. snowspeeder_gunner

snowspeeder_gunner Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2007
    Woohoo! This is going to be super! Can I be on the PM list please?

Can't wait for more!

6. FitJedi

FitJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2006
    Ohhh definitely add me on to this story, this looks quite interesting. What a great take on the whole plot.

7. jedilegolas

jedilegolas Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 22, 2006
    *clasps hands together* oooh!!! A new suspenseful story starring my favorite characters!! Interesting start, sign me up for the pm list! Thanks!

8. JediMasterJessica

JediMasterJessica Jedi Master star 3

Jul 26, 2005
    Yay! new story, It seems like fanfiction has been really dry lately. This looks really good, please add me to the PM list

9. Ocelotl_Nesto

Ocelotl_Nesto Jedi Master star 4

Oct 29, 2004
    Nice slant-- fun new story... send me a PM when you update please

10. DanaeMariSkywalker

DanaeMariSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 24, 2006
    This looks great! I love that Anakin went to Padmé and told her everything instead of going to the Chancellor. I hope they'll reach the Temple in time to warn the Jedi. Keep up the great work! =D=

~DanaéMariSkywalker

PS: Please add me to the PM List. [face_batting]

11. ratna

ratna Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 1, 2007
    Ani's doing the RIGHT thing! [face_dancing]

OMG. PM me please!!!

12. Kyana-Morgaine

Kyana-Morgaine Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 29, 2004
    Wonderful! Please add me to your PM list!

13. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    Yes! Anything where Anakin MIGHT not become Vader and Padme MIGHT live to see her babies grow up is definitely one I want to read.

You can send me a PM when you update
    . I don't trust myself to follow this via Active Topic Notification.

14. Kelia-Lily

Jun 5, 2006
    Gkilkenny: Oh I like this, a different twist to the story, lets hope Mace Windu can actually end Palpatines reign of terror, and chuck him out the window.

Well soon you'll see JUST what we have planned.

Interesting and can you PM me please when you update.

Thanks, we'd be happy to add you to the list.

VaderLVR64: I can already tell that I'm going to love this!

Thank you so much!

Please put me on your PM list!

We would be happy to. :)

canadianjedimama: *jumps up and down excitedly*

Oh oh oh!!! Put me on the PM list please.

Don't worry, we will.

I love AU's where Anakin gets a clue and begin's with the right choice, neverminding of course what happens from there.

We're so happy you approve.

I can't wait to see where this goes!

More coming tomorrow.

snowspeeder_gunner: Woohoo! This is going to be super! Can I be on the PM list please?

Thank you, we would be happy to add you to the list.

Can't wait for more!

It's coming soon.

Fit_Jedi: Ohhh definitely add me on to this story, this looks quite interesting. What a great take on the whole plot.

We are so glad you like this so far, and we would be happy to add you to the pm list.

jedilegolas: *clasps hands together* oooh!!! A new suspenseful story starring my favorite characters!! Interesting start, sign me up for the pm list! Thanks!

Well you're right about one thing, it'll definitely be suspenseful. Consider yourself added.

JediMasterJessica: Yay! new story, It seems like fanfiction has been really dry lately. This looks really good, please add me to the PM list

We're so glad you think our story has so much potential, we have added you to the list.

Ocelotl_Nesto: Nice slant-- fun new story... send me a PM when you update please

Thank you so much, we would be happy to add you to our list.

DanaeMariSkywalker: This looks great! I love that Anakin went to Padmé and told her everything instead of going to the Chancellor. I hope they'll reach the Temple in time to warn the Jedi. Keep up the great work!

If only things would've worked out this way the first time, thank you!

PS: Please add me to the PM List.

You're added.

ratna: Ani's doing the RIGHT thing!

Yes, he is.:D

OMG. PM me please!!!

We will.

Kyana-Morgaine: Wonderful! Please add me to your PM list!

Thank you, you're added.

Jedi_Liz: Yes! Anything where Anakin MIGHT not become Vader and Padme MIGHT live to see her babies grow up is definitely one I want to read.

We are so happy you think so. :)

You can send me a PM when you update. I don't trust myself to follow this via Active Topic Notification.

Consider yourself added to the list.

15. Kelia-Lily

Jun 5, 2006
    Chapter 2

Anakin helped Padmé and 3PO settle in his quarters before rushing to the comm Center of Jedi Command where he would begin contacting the Jedi.

The ominous feeling that had begun back at Padmé?s apartment was now so palpable, even 3PO was on edge. As the door to the command center slid open, he offered a desperate plea to the Force he would be able to reach all of the Jedi in time. Every moment he stalled, Anakin knew, gave other Jedi less of a chance for survival.

Just as he reached the comm unit, a holoscan of Obi-Wan flickered to life.

?Master,? Anakin gasped, hardly able to believe his eyes. He had been hoping he would be able to reach his former Master in person, rather than leave him a message and now, here he was. At the same time, he was grateful to see that Obi-Wan was safe for the moment.

?Anakin?? Obi-Wan frowned, clearly surprised to see him. ?Where is Master Windu?

?He?s arresting Palpatine,? Anakin blurted, stepping closer to Obi-Wan?s image.

?He?s what? What?s going -,?

?Master, I don?t have much time to explain, so please just listen.?

A look of astonishment flashed across Obi-Wan?s face at Anakin?s boldness.

?Palpatine is the Sith Lord we?ve been looking for,? Anakin began, his voice cracking with emotion.

Obi-Wan listened in stunned silence as Anakin relayed the entire story, including his concern of a possible trap involving the clone army.

?I feel the danger, Master,? Anakin concluded, his eyes locking with Obi-Wan?s, pleading for understanding.

Obi-Wan stood silently as he considered Anakin?s words. That Palpatine was the Sith Lord didn?t completely shock him. He, along with Yoda and Mace, had suspected something was amiss with the Chancellor, though none of them ever imagined for a moment that he was the actual Sith Lord.

?I agree,? he finally replied as a tingling of warning washed over him. Something was about to happen. ?Anakin, I need you to listen to me very carefully.?

Anakin? s head dipped slightly in obedience. Sure, there were times in the past where he rebelled against Obi-Wan?s authority, but at a time like this Anakin wouldn?t even dream of arguing.

?Contact Master Yoda on Kashyyyk using priority code 91 -,?

?The distress code,? Anakin breathed.

?He will answer as soon as he?s capable,? Obi-Wan continued, ignoring the interruption. ?We have a plan in place -,?

Anakin?s eyes widened in shock. He never imagined that the Jedi would?ve been anticipating something like this, and that he never knew about it.

?Don?t ask,? Obi-Wan said, his tone grave. ?Just do it. Master Yoda will guide you through what to do next.?

?What about you?? Anakin cried. ?Master, you are in danger! I can feel it!?

?I know that Anakin.? Obi-Wan?s calm tone threatened to shatter what little control Anakin still had over his emotions. ?And I assure you, I will leave Utapau as quickly as I can.?

?But where will you go? You can?t come here,? Anakin paused, his eyes darting around the darkened room. ?I mean, there is danger here as well.?

?Master Yoda will give you the answers you need,? Obi-Wan replied cryptically.

Anakin sighed in frustration.

?I will see you shortly,? Obi-Wan added as his image began to fade. ?May the Force be with you.?

Anakin wasted no time sending the distress signal to Kashyyk. ?Please guide Master Obi-Wan to safety,? he silently urged the Force as Yoda?s image appeared before him.

Anakin hurriedly explained the situation to Yoda.

Yoda listened quietly, occasionally rubbing his chin. He had known something had happened; he felt the sudden shift in the Force when Anakin made his decision to embrace the light but he was not prepared for what he was hearing.

Anakin had barely finished speaking when Yoda began issuing orders.

?Seek the help of Masters Tii and Allie,? he began. ?Force seal all the entrances to the Temple have them.?

Anakin nodded.

?In my quarters a holocron you will find. Program code in Jedi computer. Warn all Jedi to retreat it will.

16. Ocelotl_Nesto

Ocelotl_Nesto Jedi Master star 4

Oct 29, 2004
    Anakin is headed to another trap. Obi is not there to help him spring it... Yipes!

Thanks for the PM. Nice twist in the storyline

17. snowspeeder_gunner

snowspeeder_gunner Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2007
    Ahhhhh so suspenseful!

Every moment he stalled, Anakin knew, gave other Jedi less of a chance for survival.

It's good to see he has his priorities straight, finally.

Palpatine stood over a critically injured Mace Windu, reveling in the dying Master?s agony. The Dark Lord got an incredibly derisive pleasure at seeing such a powerful Jedi Master cowering at his feet.

Oh no! I hope Anakin can get there in time!

He was interrupted by a loud explosion, knocking Siri from her feet and ending the transmission.

?SIRI!?

Ahh, so she is alive in this version. Well, maybe not now. :(

Loved the dialoge with Obi/Anakin/Yoda, and I'm glad Anakin is doing everything he can to save the Jedi this time around.

Keep up the awesome work!

18. JediMasterJessica

JediMasterJessica Jedi Master star 3

Jul 26, 2005
    ooooooo, scary. Awesome chapter-lots of tension

19. Quigonjecca

Quigonjecca Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 2, 2007
    Yay! So Anakin becomes the hero we all hoped he would become? This sounds really great!

Of course... I could be totally wrong. I usually am.

Please put me on the PM list!

20. ratna

ratna Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 1, 2007
    Abruptly, he froze. He could feel something ... hear someone ... cocking his head, he searched the Force for clarity.

"Master Windu," Anakin breathed, his heart quickening as he raced to the landing dock.

Mace Windu was calling to him for help and he wasn't going to let him down.

Go Ani!! [face_dancing]

Anakin SAVING Mace instead of tipping the balance against him. I LOVE that!!

Yay, the Jedi were prepared!
    Yay, Ani followed directions!

Yay, Kelia-Lily are writing this the way it should have been!@};- @};- @};-

21. DanaeMariSkywalker

DanaeMariSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 24, 2006
    This chapter was great! Nooooo! Please let Siri be still alive! She's one of my favorite characters. [face_praying]
    I hope Anakin will save Mace and that he'll be able to get past this trap of Palpatine's.
    Keep up the great work and thanks for the PM! =D= [face_dancing]

~DanaéMariSkywalker

22. FitJedi

FitJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2006
    Oh please don't let this be a trap that Anakin is walking into. He should stay at the temple with Padme and protect her and the others. Please update soon, I must know what happens.

23. LLL

LLL Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 16, 2000
    This is turning out to be very interesting. A couple of things happen "all too easy," but overall it's a fascinating plot you've got going here.

24. Captain_Observant

Captain_Observant Jedi Master star 2

Dec 15, 2002
    Very interesting. I am curious to see where this is going. I look forward to more.

Great Job!

25. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    Ok. Sign me up. I'm not sure what drove me to check out this ROTS AU, but I'm glad I did. I have not been an A/P, much less Anakin fan from the beginning. But this fic is intriguing.

Will Anakin arrive in time to save Mace?

Is Siri dead?

Will the Temple and the Jedi escape Order 66?

Tune in at the same BAT time, same BAT channel! ;)

Update soon please and please put me on the PM list, if there is such a thing.