main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga A Line in the Sand - ROTS (AU) Obi, Ani, Yoda, Kit Fisto and others - Updated 15th August

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by EGKenobi, Dec 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EGKenobi

EGKenobi Jedi Master star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    A Line in the Sand
    By: EGKenobi

Timeframe: ROTS
    Genre: Very AU
    Characters: Obi-Wan, Yoda, Mace Windu, Anakin, Kit Fisto and a whole host of other characters.
    Disclaimer: Nothing belongs to me; it's all property of the Great Bearded One. I'm just borrowing the characters for a short stint; I swear to put them back when I'm done.

Synopsis: Anakin reveals who the Sith Lord is, and Mace's decision is somewhat different to what we see in Return of The Sith.

Notes: I've been watching Band Of Brothers on the National Geographic Chanel recently, and I've been inspired by the heroics of Easy Company, and I thought, how would all this work out in the Star Wars universe.

Please feel free to leave comments etc.

Enjoy.

Chapter 1

?I will take this to the Jedi Council, and I will meditate on this.? He said. He strode calmly towards the door. The voice spoke again, ?you are very wise Anakin.? Soon as he was out of the door he ran.

Anakin Skywalker's lungs were burning. He was running! His legs were pumping as fast as his body would allow. Everything counted on him making it to the Jedi Temple in time. His mind raced. ?Only by using the Dark Side can you have the power to save Padme? These were the words that his mentor and friend told him. The Supreme Chancellor of the Republic. The Republic was under the control of a Sith Lord.

People yelled abuse in his direction as he skimmed past them, and in some cases barged into them. Some were even thrown to the floor due to the force of his rushing. They didn't realise did they? That they were under the control of someone the Jedi swore to protect them from!

Anakin reached the speeder, the cockpit was all ready open. He launched himself into it, and he wasn't even properly in his seat as he took off as fast as possible towards the Jedi Temple. They had to be warned, they had to be prepared.

He flew pretty much as he ran! Swinging in and out of the traffic lanes of Coruscant, soliciting more abuse from those who didn't much agree with his style of flying. At the moment he didn't care. His heart raced! He needed to calm down, to clear his head. But his thoughts were much too over the place for that to happen effectively. He just managed to avoid another air taxi, ?I must concentrate? he chided himself. It would do him no good at all if he was killed before he could tell the Jedi Council what'd just transpired.

How could he not have seen this? The gentle suggestions Palpatine made to him, the speed at which he praised Him, and yet derided the Jedi Council. He should have picked up on it sooner! But his damn pride! But he felt somehow beholden to Palpatine, after all. He confided everything to him. Perhaps it was the fear of him using that knowledge that made Him so blind to his subtleties. Three years of war, and countless lives lost! All because he wasn't thinking straight. ?I should have listened to Obi-Wan? he thought.

He could see the Jedi Temple looming large in the distance. Not far to go now, all this would be over soon enough.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Mace Windu, Kit Fisto, Agen Kolar and Saesee Tiin were stood at the foot of one of the troop transports, they were about to deliver the news of Grievious' demise, when Kit Fisto pointed something doing weird things in the Coruscant skyline.

Mace Windu saw the speeder coming in. He could tell it was Anakin, no one else would dare fly in such a haphazzard manner. He now fully understood why Obi-Wan hated flying with Anakin. But then again, when there was a serious situation and you needed your best pilot. There was no doubt in anyone's mind who it should be.

The speeder made a graceful landing of sorts, but something else had caught Mace's attention. It was Skywalker. Mace looked at him through the Force, and he could see there was a great conflict going on inside the young man. The fear was rolling off him in waves. Something terrible must have happened to scare Anakin this much.

?Master Windu? he cried, running up towards the Koruun Master. Mace held out a hand

2. G__Anakin

G__Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2006
    :) Great Start!

Do you mind sending me PMs when you update please![face_love]

3. EGKenobi

Apr 27, 2005
    Hey G_Anakin, thanks for the nice comments, you are on the PM list. I will hopefully have an update either saturday or monday. Depends how I get on with writing the next chapter.

4. Darth_Kripp

Darth_Kripp Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 12, 2005
    Excellent beginning. =D= Please, be a bit more mindful with the punctuation and spelling sometimes.
    Well, I think we'll have a pretty good fight Sidious vs. Windu. It should be interesting since Sidious won't have to loose his time with the three other masters. [face_devil]
    I wonder if Palpatine has foreseen what Mace's doing right now. Perhaps he hasn't, and this might lead him onto a dangerous path.

5. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Mace is going to confront Sidious on his own?

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Very interesting. I'm impressed with his actions, though. Getting the younglings away from the Temple and recalling all the Jedi - very smart that is.

If you have a PM list for this, please add me? [face_praying]

Looking forward to more

=D= =D= =D= =D= =D=

6. Raptor517

Raptor517 Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 12, 2006
    I like this, though it would be good if Anakin would modify the Temple communication system to jam Palpy's messages--that would give them more time before the Clones were alerted.

Great job! =D= =D= =D= =D= PMs, please!

Raptor517

7. Jturtle

Jturtle Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 9, 2006
    Good Job!

PM me?

=D==D=

8. Cael-Fenton

Cael-Fenton Jedi Master star 3

Jun 22, 2006
    That was a great start. =D= I really like the first bit: it gives us a look into Anakin's head during that moment in RotS. I think your characterisation of Anakin was beautiful, and your dialogue flowed very well.

I'm really hoping everyone makes better choices here than they they did in canon. Warning the Jedi in command of the clones and evacuating the children seem to be good ideas, but I don't like it that Mace is going to the Chancellor's office all on his lonesome?[face_worried]

Could I please have a PM when this is updated? :)

9. EGKenobi

Apr 27, 2005
    Hey there guys, many thanks for your comments. Incredible as it sounds, I've managed to have time for some replies. The new chapter will be up in a moment or two.

Thanks for the comments Kripp, yeah my spelling and punctuation isn't brilliant (I'm welsh, what can I say??)
    I've not started thinking about the fight scene yet, but I can tell you there will be much more use of the Force, and if I get it right, there will be stuff you'll see here that you didn't see in the movie. However I can confidently tell you that you will be surprised at how the fight will end! ;)

You're on the PM list mate, and thanks for the idea! I've put it in :D

Thank you very much, and you're on the PM list :D

You're very Kind, I tried to pad them out a little bit, and put myself in his place.

Trust me when I tell you that I think you'll enjoy the fight. I'm hoping it's going to be awesome, but it depends on my writing :s

You're on the list buddy :D

10. EGKenobi

Apr 27, 2005
    And here, without further delay is chapter 2.

Many thanks :D

Chapter 2

The Supreme Chancellor sat in his seat gazing over the cityscape, his thoughts turning over endless possibilities. He knew that the young fool Skywalker would run and tell all to the Jedi council, who would then send a party to try and arrest him. He closed his eyes, and reaching out, he sensed the fear and desperation rolling of the boy in waves. Cackled with anticipation, he would soon have his reward.

It wasn't luck or coincidence that brought Anakin to his attention. His mind drifted back to the time Anakin saved his home planet from the blockade of the Trade Federation. Since then, he watched the boy and made it his business to get to know him better; to befriend him. And in doing so he saw his weaknesses. The boy had real fear, fear for his mother, fear of rejection, fear of failure. And he'd played upon these fears beautifully, but young Skywalker had another gift, a far more precious gift in his eyes. He had anger, rage, jealousy. He spent many hours telling the young fool how these feelings were part of being human, a part of life that should not be denied. And he swallowed it!

There was one small problem however; the boy had a strong bond with his master Obi-Wan Kenobi. Together they were an unbeatable pair, who were so in tune with on another, that those who faced them and survived, often described them as one fighting machine rather than two separate entities. Sidious tried everything he could to turn Anakin against his master, but failed. Due to one primary reason. The young fool saw Kenobi as a father figure. A few weeks ago he was nervous that his carefully laid plan would unravel as Dooku ended up being killed, but somehow or other, Kenobi survived. He tried everything he could to make Anakin leave Obi-Wan, but he would never leave his side. Sidious never understood what drove Anakin. He put it down to being a slave always needing a master.

He closed his eyes again, reaching out to see the future. His brow furrowed, the future was in a state of severe flux. Something was happening, and it was hidden from him. He tried to reach further, trying to see beyond the mist, but still the Force held no answers for him.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Anakin Skywalker worked furiously at the communication array, signaling all the Jedi to come back to the temple at once. His fingers moving at barely believable speed, time was of the essence. He wasn't sure what Sidious planned to do next, but whatever it was, it wasn't good news for the Jedi. He finished entering the coded sequence and hit the transmit button. Within seconds he received acknowledgments from all the Jedi out in the field. He sighed, he hoped many would make it back.

He allowed himself to sink into the Force, to try and get some sort of guidance as to what to do next. He wasn't all that good at meditating at the best of times, and he couldn't explain the urge to do so now. But he did it anyway.

As Mace Windu had the gift of seeing shatter points, Anakin had the rare gift of being able to see a version of the future. The only other Jedi he knew of who had the same gift was Master Yoda, and he wasn't here. Anakin closed his eyes, hand's resting on the panel in front of him, and he released himself in to the currents of the Force.

He found himself floating above planets, stars and galaxies. He stayed up there for what seemed like an eternity, then he plummeted towards one of the planets surface. It was Coruscant. He could see Master Windu facing off against Sidious. The fight was not going well. Sidious may look frail, but he could handle a lightsaber as well as anyone. Anakin's body quivered as he watched Sidious overpower Windu easily, until there was an opening in his defenses, and a red lightsaber stuck out of Windu's back. But that wasn't what the Force wanted him to see. Sidious then hit a panel on his desk; a holographic representation of a clone appeared. He couldn't hear what Sidious said, but

11. DarthVaderette

DarthVaderette Jedi Master star 2

May 23, 2004
    Great story, can you pm me updates?

12. Jturtle

Jturtle Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 9, 2006
    Nice work!

It's interesting that Anakin could see all of those things.

=D==D=

13. Darth_Kripp

Darth_Kripp Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 12, 2005
    I really loved the chatting between Darth Sidious and Mace. But poor Mace is really a fool: his transmitter will never work because of his precious Chosen One... [face_devil] Once again, the Sith will impose their law on the galaxy, and we shall earn peace!

14. EGKenobi

Apr 27, 2005
    Thanks for the comments, but I must beg to differ in regards to the transmitter thing, because if you think about it, it would have taken Anakin some considerable time to get in touch with each Jedi in the field, and the vision the force gave him would have taken some time as well, so Mace had a window of opportunity, I perhaps should have explained that, but I thought people would have seen them as two seperate events in time. Kinda like 24.

But still, glad you're enjoying the fic :)

Very kind of you to say so. You are on the PM list :D

Well from what I've read in the novels, Anakin does seem to have the gift of foresight, much like Elrond in Lord of the Rings, and I just felt that it was something that could be used in a different way in my fic.

An update will appear next week at some point.

15. Raptor517

Raptor517 Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 12, 2006
    Wow. Nobody has taken my ideas before. I'm honored. And I like the idea with the transmitter--maybe a mob of people will take down Sidious!

Great post, =D= and I'm looking forward to the next one!

Raptor517

16. Cael-Fenton

Cael-Fenton Jedi Master star 3

Jun 22, 2006
    That was a great update. Thank you for the PM :)

Of course Sidious would never understand Anakin's attachment to Obi-Wan. He never fully understood any of his attachments ? use them yes, understand them no. To his detriment in RotJ, of course, as we later see. Though I hope he will come to a bad end somewhat quicker in this AU. It is a happy AU, isn't it?

He put it down to being a slave always needing a master

And he would think of 'the Team' that way! I am very glad that Anakin foresaw Order 66 and acted accordingly. I can't wait for the reunion with Obi-Wan. I also liked your little look into Mace's bald head. It made me feel much more kindly disposed toward him, so I he survives the duel with Sidious, though I am not entirely optimistic on this count. [face_worried]

17. G__Anakin

G__Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2006
    Great Chapter

Thanks

18. Veloz

Veloz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2004
    Oooh this is a very interesting turn of events!

I'm quite curious to see where u go with this [face_thinking]

Please add me to ur pm list [face_praying]

[face_peace]

19. SKYWALKER024

SKYWALKER024 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 2, 2006
    Woah, this is amazing. Can't wait for the Sidious/Windu fight.

Add me to ur PM list you shall.

20. Hyperion51

Hyperion51 Jedi Master star 3

Jun 11, 2005
    Interesting story you have here. It reminds me somewhat of a similar story that was around over a year ago. Can't remember the name or author, but I believe that it wasn't finished.

I like how you have started out the story, and I hope that you don't quit.

21. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Whoa what an update!

I loved that Anakin sought the Force for a vision instead of acting on impulse.

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

22. TorontoJediMaster

TorontoJediMaster Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2001
    Very good story so far.

I wonder how the duel between Mace and Sidious will turn out, as Anakin won't interfere this time. Does Sidious realize that Anakin won't be coming to his assistance this time?

As someone else said, it was good that Anakin looked into a Force vision rather than acting on impulse. As well, he relied on his engineering skills to try and prevent Order 66 from taking place.

Looking forward to the next chapter.

23. Ocelotl_Nesto

Ocelotl_Nesto Jedi Master star 4

Oct 29, 2004
    I like this change of events... Mace got tricky... nice to see it go the other way.

24. EGKenobi

Apr 27, 2005
    Hi folks,
    Yeah, I didn't like the way Mace was portrayed in the film, so I took the liberty of changing one or two things.

Yeah so am I! Oh! Hang on, I've written it! It'll be here in a second after I've done the replies :) Glad you're enjoying the fic :)

Most kind, most kind :D I'm hoping you'll like the next one just as much :D

Hi there, thanks for the comments. I can assure you I don't have any intention of quitting this one. I hope you're enjoying the ride so far. The next chapter will be up shortly

Thank you very much indeed, that's very kind of you to say so, and to the PM list, you are duly added.

Hey there, glad to have you on board, you are duly added to the PM list.

Heh heh, you will find out in about five minutes, soon as I've done the replies. I'm glad you're enjoying the fic. It certainly keeps the motivation up if people are reading it. I'm really hoping I've done the fight scene justice. I really think you'll enjoy it :)

Yeah dude, if you have ideas for how the story should develop then feel free. I'm looking to do a co-authoring project at some point in the future so if you're up for that then PM me, and we'll toss a few ideas around.

Glad you're enjoying the adventure :D More is to come, have no fear.

No, thank you for reading :D

25. EGKenobi

Apr 27, 2005
    And here it is!!!

The latest update in my little fic. Thank you all for your comments, I hope I managed a reply to each one, if I didn't, please don't cut me down with your lightsabers. I am only human(ish) ;)

Here is the update,

Enjoy :D

Chapter 3

Kashyyyk

Jedi Master Yoda was stationed at one of the command posts, the battle it seemed was going well, the droid army was in full retreat, heading for the lush woodlands in the hope of luring the clones into a trap. He was generally happy with the way things were going. Then there was the message from Anakin Skywalker.

?To All Jedi, Priority Omega, Code 4970, repeat 4970. Clones are not to be trusted. Repeat. Clones are not to be trusted. Return to Temple with immediate effect. Emergency of the highest magnitude.?

The message was cryptic to say the least. The code Anakin used hadn't been used since the Sith Wars. Yoda stilled his mind and his heart and centred himself in the Force. Reaching out across the vast cosmos, he could sense the fear and urgency rolling off young Skywalker. He probed deeper, he sensed a great deal of anxiety in the temple. The Force whispered to him. He called the other Jedi to his locations, and leaving orders for the clone commanders headed back towards Coruscant in their Jedi Star fighters.

Utapau

General Grievous' body lay in a stinking pile. Obi-Wan Kenobi hauled himself up from the platform where he precariously hung, and walked towards the General. Looking at the blaster he tossed away as if it was a desecration to carry one. ?So uncivilized? he muttered as the blaster clattered on the floor. He looked up and saw the battle raging on above him. His clones needed him urgently. He whistled Boga over. The creature looked genuinely pleased to see him, he patted her gently on the side, and they whisked off up the cliff face.

They arrived at the tenth level where the clones were mopping up what was left of the droid army. The droids for the most part fled down the tunnels, seeking refuge, but also hoping to draw the clones in to chase them. Some even held hostages.

Commander Cody saw the Jedi Master arrive over the ridge, and signalled him. Obi-Wan dismounted and headed towards Cody, who held a cylindrical object in his hand. It was his lightsaber. It fell out as he was chasing Grievous. ?I believe you'll be needing this?? said Cody, handing Obi-Wan his weapon, ?ah yes thank you Cody, there's no need to tell Anakin of this is there?" he asked nervously. He would never live it down if Anakin found out he'd lost his own lightsaber. Cody winked as he shook his head, "tell Anakin what sir?" Obi-Wan smiled as he nodded, "how goes the battle commander?? The commander tapped a button on his arm panel, which brought forth a three dimensional holographic view, ?as you can see General, the droid army is in full retreat. They're mostly headed towards...? Obi-Wan became distracted as his comm unit bleeped, Obi-Wan looked at the message, his face paled. ?Sorry commander, can you give me a moment? I've just got a message from the Council.? Cody nodded, ?of course General, I'll be over here when you've finished.?

Obi-Wan read the message again to make sure he didn't misunderstand it. What did Anakin mean when he said that the clones would turn against him? And emergency code 4970? That code hadn't been used for some time. Obi-Wan would normally seek answers in the Force, but something was urging him to get out of dodge. He put the communicator away, and called Cody over. ?I've been instructed to return to the Temple, there's an emergency council meeting. I leave you in command.? Cody nodded, ?understood general. Shall I signal for a ship General?? Obi-Wan thought for a moment, ?thank you General, make it so.?

A few moments later, Obi-Wan docked with the hyperspace ring that the cruiser had placed in high orbit, and in a fraction of a second, he was in hyperspace.

Jedi Temple

Anakin Skywalker ran as fast as his legs would carr

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.