main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga A Line in the Sand - ROTS (AU) Obi, Ani, Yoda, Kit Fisto and others - Updated 15th August

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by EGKenobi, Dec 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Veloz

Veloz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2004
    Oooh u snuck Ahsoka in! very cool add on there =D= and too funny how Mace spoke of 'hairstyles' [face_laugh]

Sounds like a good plan...risky though, i'm sure Palps will be up to no good [face_worried]

Cant wait to see what comes next... thanks for the pm! :D

2. GeneralKenobi7

GeneralKenobi7 Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 18, 2009
    awesome story!!!!=D= =D=
    i really like it, especially Obi-Wan's and Anakin's relationship
    i hope to read more soon [face_hypnotized]

3. JediMasterAmanda

JediMasterAmanda Jedi Master star 5

Sep 7, 2005
    I just read through this story. it's seems kinda cool. if you could keep me posted on when there are updates it would be nice.

4. EGKenobi

EGKenobi Jedi Master star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    Hi guys,

Thanks for reading.

Just wanted to let you know that I had intended to put chapter 18 up here tonight, but I'm not happy with it, so it's going through the mangle and I'm hoping it's going to be a much improved chapter as a consequence.

I'm sorry for the delay.

But thanks for reading.

For those who requested to be on the PM list, you are most certainly on it.

Kindest regards

EG

5. EGKenobi

Apr 27, 2005
    Hi guys,

So sorry for a lack of an update.

I've almost finished the new update, and it should be up in a few hours. Just adding some polish to it.

thanks for your continued patience.

EG

6. EGKenobi

Apr 27, 2005
    As promised, here is the new chapter.

PM's shall be sent in a sec.

Thanks for your patience

EG

Chapter 18 ? The Calm....

Teth System

The Imperial Garrison on the world of Teth wasn?t a lavish affair, one could say it was functional. Set in the deep woodlands of the planet, it offered the perfect hide-away for one of the Empire?s more secret projects. While the base looked unspectacular from above the surface, below the surface was another matter entirely. It was where Sidious?s experiment with cloned Jedi was being carried out.

The walls were the usual drab grey, and the usual white suited storm troopers patrolled the limits of the garrison.

One of the troopers stopped at a check point, checked the clip in his rifle was secure, and turned to his buddy. ?I don?t know why we were stationed here, nothing exciting ever happens here.?

His companion nodded. ?I?ve not had to shoot at anything in months.? He sighed.

A rustling sound drew their attention, as they turned towards the wooded area to their west, a figure positively flew out of the trees. Their last memory was of a bright green shaft of light. After that there was blessed darkness.

Kuat Shipyards

The Kuat Shipyards were one of the wonders of the Galaxy.

It formed a ring around the planet of Kuat, but rather than rocks and ice, this ring was covered in all sorts of exotic materials required to build starships. It was here that the majority of the captial ships of the Republic, and subsequently the Empire were to be built.

The new super start destroyer the Indomitable hung gracefully in the silence of space. Small droids buzzed around it welding various pieces of armour. Watch ships buzzed around the outside as the they monitored the progress of the construction. The Super Star Destroyer was massive.

It measured a whopping 4.8 kilometers, which made it dwarf the regular star destroyers. It wasn't so much a star ship, but a mobile space station. It's vast bulk allowed it to house more than half a million crew members, countless turbo-laser emplacements as well as a wide range of other functions.

However for all its size and might, and those who were buzzing around the outside of the hull, nobody saw the lone figure floating towards the hull. Neither did they see the lightsaber ignite and cut a hole through the hull.

Oric Den-Hakl waited for the air to escape from the hole he'd cut. It was almost certain that they were aware of his presence now. He sighed, and hopped in to the hole he'd cut and was immediately fired upon by a squad of storm troopers.

His movements were faster than the eye could see, as he focused on deflecting the bolts back to their points of origin. He knew what he had to do, and he also knew what was at stake should he fail. So he concentrated harder as he slowly walked towards the storm troopers all the while blocking the deadly arcs of light that streaked their way towards him.

Most of the troopers fell to their own blaster bolts, others were sliced by the deadly green blade of light that hummed.

Eventually the blaster bolts stopped. Oric looked around at the destruction he'd wrought, and allowed himself a moment to mourn their passing. Poor brainwashed fools he thought to himself. He set off towards his intended destination.

After what seemed an age, he found himself in the reactor room for the Super Star Destroyer. He looked around, and happy that he was alone, started to plant the explosive charges on each of the reactors.

He was so focussed on his task that he never heard the Storm Troopers file in behind him. He'd finished planting the last charge, when he heard a click behind him.

He turned around to gaze upon an half circle of Storm Troopers with their weapons firmly trained on him. A grey uniformed officer walked to the front of the group.

"You will surrender to us Jedi" he all but spat.

Oric closed his eyes, and sat upon the floor in a meditative pose, and called upon the Force. In spite of his situation, he actually smiled.

The offic

7. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Wow! I'll have to re-read this entire story, but I just read this chapter on its own and wow - that was unexpected. Anakin as he should have been. Obi-wan, left alone again (but not in exile on Tatooine, anyway).

8. GeneralKenobi7

GeneralKenobi7 Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 18, 2009
    Poor Obi, all alone again:(
    Can you please add me to your PM list, Master?:D

9. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    This part in the previous post caught my eye. Great descriptions of the machinery.=D=

The doors lowered with the hiss of hydraulics as the pressure from inside the ship was balanced with that of the planet. Smoke bellowed out of the repulsors as they bled off the pressure that remained in them.

The action in this post was amazing, and Anakin sacrificing himself so he could
    kill Sids was great.=D=
    Now Obi-Wan can destroy the death star and return to the Jedi and hopefully they can begin again and Obi-Wan should take over training ?snips?:D

wonderful post.[:D]

10. Darth_Nellie

Darth_Nellie Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 2, 2008
    Wow, what an update and certainly worth the wait. If Anakin had to die, this is how it should have been and it will be interesting to see how you write him as a force ghost. I bet he will still drive Obiwan mad. Also pleased to see that Yoda got to Chewie in time. Really looking forward to seeing what you go with this story. Please add me to any PM list that you have going. Thanks

11. EGKenobi

Apr 27, 2005
    Thank you so much for your kind feedback, I've been tearing my self apart trying to figure how to end this. The end is coming now, and I think you're going to love it. (If my writing is up to it that is...)

But thank you so much for your continued patience.

EG

12. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Love the plan but I hope they are prepared for the possibility of complications to arise...because they always seem to arise. :(

Loved the reunion on Dagobah.

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

13. Raptor517

Raptor517 Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 12, 2006
    Sneaky. Not what I expected of Anakin. But a twist is good.

Raptor517

14. Darth_Kripp

Darth_Kripp Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 12, 2005
    Brilliant duel, but Anakin wasn't powerful enough to avoid death...

15. Ocelotl_Nesto

Ocelotl_Nesto Jedi Master star 4

Oct 29, 2004
    thanks for the PM... the death of Sidious was great. I even liked the plot twist with Anakin's death. Very well done!

16. EGKenobi

Apr 27, 2005
    Hi everyone, thanks for reading.

If you liked that twist...you're gonna love what's coming next ;-) heh heh

New chapter is under development...it's going to be mostly Obi-Wan though...so brace yourselves ;-)

EG

17. Veloz

Veloz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2004
    OMG! :eek:

Now that's what i call a twist! darn, kinda like it should have been huh? Anakin acting selfless and doing the right thing by eliminating Sidious. Poor Obi-Wan though, that would have been very difficult for him.

Brace myself!? oh dear, now i'm very scared [face_worried] as long as Obi-Wan doesnt become a sith or something, i guess i'm ready for anything ;) [face_laugh]

Wonderful chapter, i cant wait to read what's coming! :D

18. Blue Ice Cream

Blue Ice Cream Chosen One star 6

Aug 9, 2006
    Well done. =D=

Sidious full of fear... astounding!

Keep at it.

19. Arwen4CJ

Arwen4CJ Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 20, 2009
    Hmmmm......well, I must say that this story held my attention -- it was very well done, but I have to say that it also has been very sad. Padme dead (and presumably Luke and Leia died with her unless you had her give birth and then send the babies to another planet to be hidden before the planet was destroyed), and now Anakin is dead :(

I liked the battle scenes at the beginning of the story between Mace and Palpatine.

20. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    wonders if there are any new posts in the future......?

21. Jedi42

Jedi42 Jedi Padawan

Jan 21, 2010
    Great story, i througholy enjoyed it, can't wait for an update!

22. EGKenobi

Apr 27, 2005
    There is a promise.

Trust me, this is far from over...

EG

23. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Ya can't stop there!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.