main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends A Link Before Twilight - Tak/Aria/Link/Ganon - Adventure/Horror Updated 3/2!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by BrentusofGath, Nov 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    *giggle* Link's understandably confused about all this... Anyone would be, what with Tak suddenly showing up like that with most of the answers.

Good post. :)

2. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Humidity hung against the walls like a thick blanket. It clung to Aria's lungs like an invading Tordian oxygen mite, making each breath a Herculean effort.
    Excellent use of senses.

A whole gaggle of angry, seven foot tall, electric penguins landed deftly on the slick ice and began sliding around with precise movements.
    Gah - attack of the killer penguins.

I hope Aria's self doubt doesn't get the better of her.

He couldn't quite grasp it, right on the tip of his tongue like a missing word.
    Very nice metaphor.

The ground beneath them churned and quickly Aria realized they were standing on part of this enormous monster!
    Crikey - I did not expect that. :eek:

Before she could react, Aria opened her eyes to find a gigantic tongue surrounded by Wookie-sized teeth, just as the creature's mouth engulfed her.
    Or that!!!

HK-47 aimed his blaster rifle at it suspiciously, but there was no one there for him to blast. Still, Tak very much doubted that inconvenient fact would matter to the combat consumed droid.
    LOL

Yikes - poor Aria. Talk about out of the frying pan and into the fire.

LOL - I love the Tak-Droid dialogue. :D

So it was the king whom Tak sensed. Aha.

"And now, Your Highness, you shall become my willing ally." Before she could contradict him, he took a deep breath and blew some kind of sand from the pages of the book into her face.

A faint scent of madness swirled in her nose as the insane chortling of her enemy rang through her ears. Black visions danced behind her dreamy eyes; grim figures spoke in lyrical, hideous tongues - tempting her.

Oh darn. Poor Zelda. I guess we'll see if she has true grit. ;)

n ominous sneer grew on Zelda's lips as Link watched her, mesmerized. His eye glimmered in the soft light. Suddenly, his face began to darken, withering like a plant. As he writhed and squirmed before her, Zelda gave in to her darkest desires, unknowing from where they sprang. Vicious, murderous desires pulsed through her, turning the dim light bright with crimson slashes as the blade rose and fell. Soon all she could see was throbbing, pulsating, red.
    Great contrast between the earlier evocation of Zelda in golds and sunny colours, and now all the reds and darkness.

She quickly turned to watch the armored man shimmy and dance under the control of the intense electrical current. It was thrilling in a way she had never known before.
    Boy - she HAS been perverted hasn't she?

Poor Tak sensing Aria's dire situation!! It all looks pretty bad for them at present - even with the king's magic.

yay - Tak to the rescue. :)

She knew how close she came to death in those moments before Tak showed up - late, as usual. How typical men were, arriving late and claiming it was 'perfect' timing. She rolled her eyes then snapped into action; it was now her turn to arrive in 'perfect' time. She grinned; it was aways tit for tat between she and her man and she wouldn't have it any other way.
    :D Loved that bit. Tit for tat - any bets on which one Tak prefers? ;)

It was certainly dangerous, but Tak was confident enough in her to teach and she had to admit: lightning came in handy from time to time.
    I'll say.

Thinking of him would be her last thoughts, as it should be...
    That was the most evil of cliffies. How on earth are you going to bring her back from that?

Great post though. =D=

3. princess_of_naboo

princess_of_naboo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2000
    I did quite the double take seeing Link and Ganon in your title. :p I think I'm one of the few of your readers who is well aware who Link is.

I've only read through chapter five so far, but I'm trying to figure out Link's muteness. Is that your way of getting around him never talking in the game?

Edit: All caught up now. Do you have a PM list? If so, please add me.

4. BrentusofGath

BrentusofGath Jedi Master star 4

Aug 12, 2005
    KELIA posted: I have to admire Tak's bravado...or stupidity for putting off explaining the whole Triforce to his wife.

That will be coming to a head soon, Master. ;)

Daenabenjen42 posted: Link's understandably confused about all this

What? The fact that he's in a strange place, with humans - since he's never seen a human before - with a mechanical man and Zelda on Ganon's side? What's confusing there? :p

Tahi posted: Gah - attack of the killer penguins.

LOL! Makes you want to get a tennis racket and belt'em, doesn't it?

LOL - I love the Tak-Droid dialogue.

My speciality. :p

Poor Zelda. I guess we'll see if she has true grit.

She's solid like a rock.

Loved that bit. Tit for tat - any bets on which one Tak prefers?

Oh behave.

That was the most evil of cliffies.

Thankee. :D

princess_of_naboo posted: I did quite the double take seeing Link and Ganon in your title.

It is rather startling, isn't it? :p

I think I'm one of the few of your readers who is well aware who Link is.

You're one of my few readers period. :p But a well appreciated reader, as all four of you are.

but I'm trying to figure out Link's muteness.

You guessed it. He never speaks in the games, so he shall not speak in my fic.

Thanks, you're added to the list.

Sorry this is taking so long. DLM and some other stuff got in my way. Will have a new chappie up ASAP - maybe by the weekend.

5. BrentusofGath

Aug 12, 2005
    Chapter 11: Troubles

After making their way back up from the dungeon and back into the Council chambers, Tak dismissed HK so the droid could go to maintenance. As they were about to head into the main area of the Temple, a tall Ithorian hammerhead entered, bowing low.

"Ah, Knight Galaharn," Aria said, looking at her smart aleck husband. "We understand you have something to report?"

Galaharn looked at both Masters strangely for a moment before answering. "I should have known you would already know. I have just returned from Telos. As we had been sent in search of nothing specific, I chose to go there because of the torment the planet has already been through - it's surface is still not recovered since it's destruction by Malak nearly fifteen years ago. If there was pain in the galaxy, it would likely manifest itself there."

Tak nodded approvingly. "A wise choice my friend. Some day soon, you will be a Master here."

Bowing low, Galaharn continued. "I sensed something strange; the Jedi are rebuilding in the polar regions. I was not aware they were so organized."

Aria wasn't either. It was unusual for the Grey Council to be unaware of the Jedi returning. However, her husband's next words surprised her even further.

"I am aware of the facility in the southern polar region. The Jedi should be left alone to rebuild."

Reaching around, Aria pinched Tak's arm hard, making him yelp. "How come you didn't tell us about that, Tak, dear?" She glared at him with thinly veiled menace flickering behind her eyes.

To her consternation, he ignored her. "What did you learn on Telos, Galaharn?"

Oh, he was going to be in trouble next time she got him alone, that was for sure.

As the tenseness drifted away, Galaharn looked quite uncomfortable, but continued nonetheless. "I'm not sure, but I think something was wrong. The place felt dark somehow and the Jedi inside briefly called out to me before being silenced by something. I thought it best to come here first, rather than investigate on my own."

"Another wise move," Tak replied. "We can take it from here."

Galaharn bowed and quickly took his leave, sensing a fight about to brew.

"'We can take it from here'?" Aria spat at him. A few Younglings at the edge of the Council chambers, peeking inside, ran for their lives as Aria's face turned red. "What gives you that kind of nerve? Ignore me?! Leave out something as important as the Jedi rebuilding?!"

He turned to her smugly, almost brushing her off. "I keep my own consel, thank you."

Igniting her lightsaber, Aria screeched ferociously, leaping over him, striking out with her blade. His own silver weapon blocked hers and he swept her legs from under her. Crashing down to the floor, she let out a wail as her saber hilt bounced from her grasp.

In another instant, her husband's blade shimmered in her face, fascinating her to no end. Her focus was drawn to it; the gleaming death it represented was stolid and duracrete in its permanence. Her eyes flickered across each dancing photon, wondering in silent terror which particle would pierce her heart. It seemed to draw her in and rend her limbs from the inside out.

All at once her rage departed, leaving a sweaty, panting, embarrassed youth in its place. It was distressing in the extreme to be so out of control as she had been moments before. Out of the corner of her eye she caught a brief glimpse of Link, his jaw agape and his eyes like saucers. His hand was grasping his sword, but she could sense the pure indecision in him; if he'd had to defend himself at that moment, she doubted he could have.

Tak just gazed into her eyes with all the compassion and love she'd come to expect. There was no anger or hate in him; even now, he was insufferable in his calm.

"What just happened to me?" she queried, afraid to move even a muscle while Tak's blade was in her face.

At the sound of her voice, he turn his saber off and stood, reaching out to help her up. "I felt the Dark Side rising within you; most likely a side effect of the Triforc

6. Yuul_Shamar

Yuul_Shamar Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2004
    "He can take a shower by himself," she chided. "We need some alone time. I think Link's adult enough to understand that." Glancing over, Link had turned several shades of ruddy. "See, he gets it. Now let's go, tiger."

LOL[face_laugh]

7. DaenaBenjen42

May 15, 2005
    "But... how can one object cause so much damage?"

That one object? Probably about as subtle as an Atom Bomb, judging from the indications...

Good post. :)

8. princess_of_naboo

Nov 9, 2000
    "What about..." he arched his head in Link's direction. "The kid?" he whispered.

"He can take a shower by himself," she chided.

Great line. :D

Did you say you haven't played Twilight Princess? Some of your ideas seem to match quite well with it. Great game; you should try it.

9. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Chapter 10
    HK-47 now entered the conversation. "Statement: I saw it all, Master. Explanation: As Master Ardis fell mortally wounded by a strange metallic meatbag, she touched the glowing triangular object. Instantly her wounds sealed themselves and all the metallic meatbags disappeared. Moments later, Master Tak awoke."
    Oh my goodness, what a relief.

"I sent the other Masters and Knights out into the galaxy to search for clues," Aria stated. "We may already have some answers waiting."

Tak smiled at her and bent down, whispering to Link. "She's really great, you know - that's why I married her. Still wondering why she married me though."

They noticed Aria staring now, her own neatly kempt brow raised. "Finished?" she chided her husband.

Link thought this all quite strange - how these two could be so calm and collected when Zelda and Ganon were joined and no doubt gaining power. It was beyond him and he leapt up and down frantically, trying to get some passion into them or all might be lost.

Poor Link. So frustrating for him.

I'm so relived that Aria is okay. Whew. :)

Chapter 11
    Reaching around, Aria pinched Tak's arm hard, making him yelp. "How come you didn't tell us about that, Tak, dear?" She glared at him with thinly veiled menace flickering behind her eyes.

To her consternation, he ignored her. "What did you learn on Telos, Galaharn?"

Oh boy is he in for it! LOL

"What just happened to me?" she queried, afraid to move even a muscle while Tak's blade was in her face.

At the sound of her voice, he turn his saber off and stood, reaching out to help her up. "I felt the Dark Side rising within you; most likely a side effect of the Triforce."

"I don't understand," Aria began, accepting the hand. As her boots set upon the tiled floor she spoke again. "I thought this thing was supposed to be good?"

Tak shook an admonishing finger in her face. "You're reverting to your Jedi training again. Like love, neither a feeling, nor an object can contain good or evil; it is only when it is applied to the living Force that its users intent becomes either good or evil."

Good point. It seems Aria is forgetting some of what Tak has taught her. Good from a dramatic pov to get these complications.

I get the feeling they wouldn't need a water heater in that shower. LOL

Tak sighed. "Think of the Triforce as a magnifying glass. It increases the evil inside Ganon exponentially, casting it out into the galaxy, and I dare say, the Force itself. The evil inside him moulds matter into his own image: twisted and dark. In the past, the balance was two thirds good, one third evil. Now that the odds are even, more of his sinister soul is free to spread through the cracks of the universe."
    Hmmm - that's very interesting.

Cool ending. And I for one am glad they're taking HK. :D

10. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005

I knew he was going to pay for not telling her right away.

[face_shame_on_you][face_shame_on_you][face_shame_on_you] Tak.

Though I have to admit, Aria certainly knew the best way to make it up to him ;)

Should we take HK?

Well of course!! One never knows when an assassin droid will come in handy :p

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

11. BrentusofGath

Aug 12, 2005
    Yuul_Shamar posted: LOL

I'm glad you're happy. :)

DaenaBenjen42 posted: That one object? Probably about as subtle as an Atom Bomb, judging from the indications..

That's about right.

princess_of_naboo posted: Great line.

Hehe, thanks. ;)

Tahi posted: Poor Link. So frustrating for him.

And everyone else, lol... except Tak of course. :p

I'm so relived that Aria is okay. Whew.

I couldn't kill her off. O:)

Oh boy is he in for it! LOL

Marvellous. [face_devil]

It seems Aria is forgetting some of what Tak has taught her. Good from a dramatic pov to get these complications.

Is she forgetting... or purposefully misplacing those ideas, thank to the Dark Side influence from the lightning? [face_batting]

I get the feeling they wouldn't need a water heater in that shower. LOL

LOL! Naturally quite steamy in there. ;)

And I for one am glad they're taking HK.

Hehe, let the good times roll. :Þ

KELIA posted: Though I have to admit, Aria certainly knew the best way to make it up to him

Yup. She's the greatest.

Will try to have an update in the next few days, but having some... personal issues to deal with right now. The next chapter is mostly finished, just needs a bit more.

12. BrentusofGath

Aug 12, 2005
    Chapter 12: Jedi

Telos was still in the process of recovering from Darth Malak's evil. Citidel Station, a gigantic orbital city that facilitated the rebirth of the planet, hung sparkling in the surrounding space. It's sheer durasteel hull contrasted sharply with flutters of green cascading up from the planet below.

The Ebon Hawk's hydraulics hissed and whined as the boarding ramp lowered to the platform. As Tak, Aria, Link and HK crept from the ship, a familiar face was waiting, a stern countenance setting into his chin and lips.

"You've got some nerve coming back here... after what you pulled."

Tak pointed to his own chest, putting on a false look of concern.

The man in the pilot's jacket with Republic insignia walked up to Tak rigidly as Aria whispered in his ear. "Some old friend."

The man stopped, fists clenching and eyes glaring. He flinched and Tak flinched, then Carth Onasi leapt into Tak's arms, giving him a big hug. "It's great to see ya after all this time; how're ya doing!"

Suddenly Tak had a flashback to The Empire Strikes Back. "Uh, it's great to see you again too, Carth. Could have scared the crap out of me, though. You remember HK and this is my lovely wife, Aria."

"It's a- a pleasure to meet you, miss," Carth said to Aria, taking her hand and shaking it briskly. He eyed the droid with suspicion.

"Statement: You are right to be suspicious, meatbag. One command from my master and you would be a smoking corpse."

"I certainly remember you too, HK," Carth answered, the annoyance telling in his voice. "So what can a humble Republic Admiral do for the leader of the Grey Jedi?"

"Well, I was wondering what you know of the Jedi academy down there on Telos."

Carth looked knowingly into Tak's eyes. "You don't need to beat around the bush, Tak. A Grey Jedi doesn't just show up here asking about the Jedi for no reason. There's been trouble down there all right, but no one answers our hails. I'll admit it - I'm worried about them. It was a good thing the Exile installed that security system and linked it to us on Citadel; I was about to lead some troops down there myself to see what's going on. But now that you're here..." his voice ran down, in supplication.

"Why don't you let us take a look down there first," Tak answered.

"I'm coming with you," Carth replied, strapping on his blaster holster.

"Comment: Not another meatbag." HK seemed tense after speaking, if it was possible for a droid to be tense. "Query: Did I say that aloud, Master?"

Tak clucked his tongue.

"Statement: I thought so. Qualification: Err... I of course did not mean that derisive comment, Master. Observation: Perhaps my trip to maintenance was not as thorough as I had hoped."

"Is there anyone in this galaxy you don't know?" Aria asked of her husband.

Looking for a suitable individual, Tak pointed to a loafing dockhand. "I have absolutely no idea who that guy is." Then the man stopped lounging around and waved at him. Tak's face turned bright red. "Um, scratch that. I do know that guy and I owe him ten credits. If you'll excuse me," Tak walked over to the man and paid him.

"Whatever," Aria replied, walking back up the ramp, resigned to the situation.

"Who's the little guy?" Carth asked, watching Link carefully.

"Uh, that's a bit difficult to explain, Carth," Tak answered uncomfortably as they all marched up the ramp behind Aria.

~*~*~*~

Down in the depths of a dingy cavern, muted footfalls padded through a muddy morass. A young man hurried at a maddening pace. Sweat poured mercilessly across his shoulders as the muscles of his arms strained against torn fabric. What he'd seen was beyond comprehension; part of his mind had snapped in the rush of the moment and he ran.

A giant fireball sizzled just behind him, burning everything in sight to cinders - there had been no one left, even if he had still retained every measure of sanity... there was no one left to save. He dodged at just the last second, scorching heat rushed past at a kissing's

13. Yuul_Shamar

Yuul_Shamar Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2004

Looking for a suitable individual, Tak pointed to a loafing dockhand. "I have absolutely no idea who that guy is." Then the man stopped lounging around and waved at him. Tak's face turned bright red. "Um, scratch that. I do know that guy and I owe him ten credits. If you'll excuse me," Tak walked over to the man and paid him.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] LOL [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

14. princess_of_naboo

Nov 9, 2000
    I'm going to second this as hilarious.

15. DaenaBenjen42

May 15, 2005
    "Who's the little guy?" Carth asked, watching Link carefully.

"Uh, that's a bit difficult to explain, Carth," Tak answered uncomfortably as they all marched up the ramp behind Aria.

Oh, I don't know... "He's from a supposedly fictional dimention and his princess is league with a guy with a powerful rock that wants to rule the galaxy..." Wait, on second thought... what Tak said...

Good post. (Tak really does know nearly everybody? So funny!) :)

16. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Tak doesn't trust Vandar? I can't imagine why not :p

Statement: You are right to be suspicious, meatbag. One command from my master and you would be a smoking corpse

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Force, I love HK!!

I can't wait for the group to get inside the Temple.

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

17. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002

"Whatever," Aria replied, walking back up the ramp, resigned to the situation

:D Oh darn! Poor Tak.

He dodged at just the last second, scorching heat rushed past at a kissing's touch.
    Ooh - great image. =D=

Aha - so Tak thinks Vandar might be involved. I sense betrayal afoot.

Looking forward to finding out what they discover. :)

18. Lauren_Solo

Lauren_Solo Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 22, 2007
    Are we getting an update for this story anytime soon? [face_praying] I love it and hope for something new soon. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.