main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tampa, FL A list of special, movie related events around the area?

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by SambaTahl, Apr 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SambaTahl

SambaTahl Jedi Youngling

Apr 27, 2005
    Hello All,
    I am new to the boards and anxious to hear about the hub-bub of events that might be going on around the Bay area. There must be something going on to toast the biggest event since a New Hope?! The rush is building before EPIII and I need a creative way to let it out! Help!:p

2. TalusSarn

TalusSarn Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 16, 2005
    I feel the same way SambaTahl, however, it looks like there isn't much going on, except the recent Celebration III (which I couldn't go to). I said in a previous post that it seems much more went on in preparation for past Star Trek movies than does nowdays for Star Wars.

There is the Disney MGM Star Wars weekends, but that's technically post opening night. I wish there was a nice big event locally between now and opening night, to help mark this historic occasion!

3. SambaTahl

SambaTahl Jedi Youngling

Apr 27, 2005
    I couldn't go to Celebration either :-( Heard it was worth the trip! *sigh*
    The SW weekends sounds good but your right, its kinda after the fact ( still nevertheless cool!) Perhaps this can prove a subtle suggestion for someone to create something for us local people to participate in?

4. Ravenjack

Ravenjack Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 27, 2005
    Well, some theaters, specifically Parkside in our area, used to hold before the premiere stage shows. They would act out important scenes from the movie with emphasis on the lightsaber duels. I don't believe any theaters currently do that though. Other than that the only thing I can think of is to throw the mother of all Star Wars parties, whether it is at someone?s house or maybe rent out a restaurant or banquet hall. I would hate to have such a momentous occasion pass without some way of commemorating it.

5. Jedijace007

Jedijace007 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 3, 2002
    agreed. a party would be awesome (though preferably uncostumed)

onward

6. ThePostman

ThePostman Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2002
    I'd be up for a Star Wars party...that would be cool. But I gotta agree about the uncostumed part :)

7. Sereana_Nightstar

Sereana_Nightstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2002
    Come on this is Star Wars of course we should be in costume!!!...If you have one that is. But we might be able to get some togetehr if folks contacted each oher to that effect. Like...who can sew and such. Ross & I both have leather tools. Folks need to get their patterns and materials together. Ross also made really nice tees, for the local chapter...that we got numerous compliments on at C3!!! Also badges that the different groups wear!!.

Unfortunately, there are only a few that coordinate these events and it needs everyones help!!!! to pass this off.
    Ross is dumping the Citrus Park theater as a place to go on the 18th. The manager is not commiting to anyone. So he is contacting Veterens manager. I still think a good showing at midnight is a big draw.
    I never heard back from the Devil Rays so they dropped the ball!!! Denise is contacting her friend at the radio station and I will be in contact with the St. Pete. times reporter.
    This all takes time and people to contact these folks. So help would be appreciated!!!

8. Sereana_Nightstar

Apr 20, 2002
    Star Wars weekends usually happen at this time every year. And that whole weekend is still part of the opening hoola!!! I am heading to Orlando Thurs. to be there on opening day, Friday!!! If you have a costume, you can amybe march in the official parade and get free passes to the park!!! And it is a lot of fun!!! I al also going the last weekend which is fan weekend.

9. TalusSarn

TalusSarn Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 16, 2005
    You can get into Disney MGM that Thur for free with a costume? What's the catch? Who is organizing the parade?

10. Sereana_Nightstar

Apr 20, 2002
    Friday is the first day.. You can sign up on the 501st boards. If you are not a memeber of the Rebel Legion, we might be able to get that don quick. Be in a decent costume pertaining to Star Wars. There are 4 weekends and they still need marchers.

11. SambaTahl

SambaTahl Jedi Youngling

Apr 27, 2005
    Wow, tickets in and you get to march in a parade! Ok that sounds more "huge event" worthy. Don't mean to sound ignorant or anything, but isn't the 501st just troopers, I mean is it ok to show up as anything else? Is there money involved in being 'enrolled'?

12. Sereana_Nightstar

Apr 20, 2002
    No money, and the Rebel Legion is the sister group and I beleive that as part of the FF chapter you can get in also. Just as long as your costume looks really good. What are you going as?

13. Sereana_Nightstar

Apr 20, 2002
    Okay you need to send in your application on line to the Rebel Legion (if it is a light side costume, 501st if it is a dark side costume) Send a pic of the costume. As long as your app. is in you can march.

14. Annya_Latoure2

Annya_Latoure2 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2003
    PLEASE READ AND CHECK OUT THE POSTINGS DEALING WITH THE NEXT MEETING THERE WILL BE INFO ABOUT THE MOVIE EVENT IN THERE.

Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.