main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends "A Little Faith" (NJO AU, K/J) Chapter 5 up 06 February!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Dantana Skywalker, Jul 31, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Connemara

Connemara Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 18, 2000
    Hahaha...can't wait for more of the "glory-seeking" Hutt...that's hilarious!

And good luck to Kyp...looks like he's going to need it. :p

2. Abby

Abby Jedi Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    That Hutt imagery made me grin like a moron!

Kyp is definitely going need some luck, and miss Jaina is going to have to get used to having him around. Hopefully she doesn't damage him too badly in the process..

Loving this muchly. :D :D :D :D :D

~Abby~

3. SaberBlade

SaberBlade Jedi Master star 3

Sep 19, 2001
    "Han, I'm not a save-a-damsel-in-distress type hero, I'm a blow-things-up type hero. I don't think I can do this."

Yes, he is a blow-things-up type hero. We know this and love him for it.

Excellent, Dana. As always!

-Saber

4. val solo

val solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 22, 2000
    I'm with Saber...I love that line! :)

5. Babi_Tahiri

Babi_Tahiri Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 29, 2003
    Here's where I get predictable and say that I loved it. The bit about Randa in an X-wing made me laugh. I mean, how would he fly it? Can't work the pedals if you don't have feet! LOL! Anyways, can't wait for more!!

~^~ Tahiri ~^~

6. Fireyforce

Fireyforce Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2003
    This is great Dana!!! Then again all of your stories are awsome. Jaina is going to get her eyesight back isn't she? *pleads*

Fireyforce

7. Flaming_Sword

Flaming_Sword Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 18, 2003
    "Easy for you to say," Kyp muttered. "Han, I'm not a save-a-damsel-in-distress type hero, I'm a blow-things-up type hero. I don't think I can do this." Very nice, Dana. Liked that little bit. Poor Lyppie, she'll come around soon,right?

Flame

8. Yun-Harla_loves_Jag

Yun-Harla_loves_Jag Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 23, 2004
    Wow. This story is great i am orignally a J/J but i do like some K/J so please write some more.

9. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    Elfsheen - Ha! This is good! I like the little twist in the Balance Point story and bringing Kyp in!

Thanks. :)

Kyp_Jaina_Jag - Great idea for a story! I'm loving it so far!

"Yeah, well, guess what, your worshipfulness?
    Heehee! Always a good nickname to use!

:D

"You shot your mouth off, didn't you?"
    Of course he did!

He's Kyp, of course he did. :D

djcati - First a distraught young woman, now a glory-seeking Hutt.
    This was not a good day.

haha, no, it's not, eh?
    Randa in an X-wing... heh heh...

I'm still laughing over that. :D

Good stuff~

and I had 3 hours sleep cause I didn't go to bed until 5... and had to get up at 8.30... -.o;

Hopefully you'll stop doing that now. :p

Connemara - Hahaha...can't wait for more of the "glory-seeking" Hutt...that's hilarious!

Oh, Randa will be in this. [face_devil]

And good luck to Kyp...looks like he's going to need it.

Oh, yes. [face_devil]

Abby - That Hutt imagery made me grin like a moron!

I know, it's funny. :D

Kyp is definitely going need some luck, and miss Jaina is going to have to get used to having him around. Hopefully she doesn't damage him too badly in the process..

Heh heh heh :)

Loving this muchly.

SaberBlade - "Han, I'm not a save-a-damsel-in-distress type hero, I'm a blow-things-up type hero. I don't think I can do this."

Yes, he is a blow-things-up type hero. We know this and love him for it.

Kyppie make things go boom! :) He does it so well.

Excellent, Dana. As always!

:) Thank you.

val solo - I'm with Saber...I love that line!

Thanks. :D

Babi_Tahiri - Here's where I get predictable and say that I loved it. The bit about Randa in an X-wing made me laugh. I mean, how would he fly it? Can't work the pedals if you don't have feet! LOL! Anyways, can't wait for more!!

I dunno, but I'm almost tempted to make him try!

Fireyforce - This is great Dana!!! Then again all of your stories are awsome. Jaina is going to get her eyesight back isn't she? *pleads*

Um . . . no, she's not. That's the whole purpose of the story. Sorry. :(

Flaming_Sword - "Easy for you to say," Kyp muttered. "Han, I'm not a save-a-damsel-in-distress type hero, I'm a blow-things-up type hero. I don't think I can do this." Very nice, Dana. Liked that little bit. Poor Lyppie, she'll come around soon,right?

C'mon, it's Kyp. She can't resist Kyppie for very long. :)

Yun-Harla_loves_Jag - Wow. This story is great i am orignally a J/J but i do like some K/J so please write some more.

Thanks. :) And we'll convert you yet! ;)

Dana

10. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Finally, an update! :)

[b]--Chapter Four--[/b]

Kyp's first obstacle to tackle was his own frustration. He forced himself to remember that Jaina's world had been turned upside down and inside out. She was facing permanent blindness--unless she opted, eventually, for implants, though she was highly opposed to those at the moment--and the end of her career as a fighter pilot, only a year after it had begun.

Beside his own annoyance at Jaina's stubbornness, he had to get her to trust him. It got a little easier each day, but after two weeks, Kyp hadn't noticed any improvement in Jaina except that there was a little less stumbling in her walk and she didn't run into people quite so much. She still needed guidance and assistance. One of the female Ryn, who was more than happy to mother the young woman, had taken her in and helped her at night, when she needed privacy away from male eyes. Except for during those times, Kyp was stuck with her.

He was trying not to think of himself as "stuck", but really, she was moody and awfully volatile. He'd lost count of the number of times she'd kicked or punched him. He was determined to help her. And, by the Force, he was going to do that even if it killed him.

"Let go of me, Durron!"

"Not until you agree not to hit me," Kyp said. He had Jaina's arms pinned behind her. "It's not going to help anything. And it's not going to get me to go away."

"That's because you're a stubborn jerk who doesn't know when to give up!"

Kyp's jaw clenched. "You know what, Jaina? You're right. I [i]am[/i] a stubborn jerk, and no, I don't know when to give up. Which you should be grateful for, because otherwise, I would be leaving you here to fend for yourself while your father and brother take care of everyone else here, not just a whiny, ungrateful brat!"

A moment passed, and then Jaina slowly sagged. Kyp released her as she slumped to the ground, but it was a moment before he realised she was crying. Cursing himself, he sat down beside her and took her hands in his.

"Jaina, I'm sorry. I didn't mean that."

"Yes, you did," she said between sobs. "You hate me. Everyone hates me."

Kyp sighed and pulled her on to his lap. She was getting smaller, it seemed. He'd have to make sure she was actually eating, with her depression. It was a little strange to hold her like a child.

"I don't hate you, Jaina. This is difficult, I know, but I don't hate you. If I did, I wouldn't even be here." He smoothed her hair. "I know you're scared. You have every right to be. But you can't let this beat you. You're a Solo. You're strong. And you have the Force, Jaina. You can get through this. But you have to let me help you."

Gradually, she relaxed and her sobs subsided. She pushed away and wiped at her face with the back of her hand. "Fine. Just . . . don't push me so much."

"I won't push you any harder than I think you can handle, Jaina. But you need to tune your senses to adjust. Stumbling around and tripping over things isn't going to make you stronger, only get you hurt."

Jaina sighed. "Like I said, stubborn."

Kyp helped her to her feet. "Let's declare a truce. You let me know when you've had enough, and I won't push you any more. But you'll listen to me, trust me?"

"I don't know about trust, but I'll listen."

He laughed. "Okay. We'll work from there."

---------

"Where are we going?"

"You'll know in a minute." Kyp took Jaina's hand and led her behind him. He guided her to the centre of the dome and said, "All right. You stand right here."

"Is this more sensing stuff?"

"Yes. But it's different." He gave her hand a squeeze. "Close your eyes. I'm going to go a short distance away, and I want you to find me in the crowd."

She snorted. "Kyp, you're like a really bright beacon. Of course I can find you."

"Yes, but there are people walking around. I want you to get to me, without bumping into anyone."

Jaina nodded. "I think I can do that."

It wasn't as easy as she'd thought. While she could sense Kyp very well, she couldn't pick out individuals

11. Babi_Tahiri

Babi_Tahiri Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 29, 2003
    Great update! But you already know that because I already told you. :) Can't wait for more!

~^~ Tahiri ~^~

12. Abby

Abby Jedi Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    Yay yay, update!

...where we see Jaina finally giving in, just a little bit. He he he.

I had to giggle at Jacen's last comment about holding her hand as he left their tent :)

Can't wait for more, but then, you probably knew that.

~Abby~

13. Jaina_Solo_Durron

Jaina_Solo_Durron Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2002
    :D Dana...I sense another epic coming on...I really like the twist you've put into this, it *is* hard to try and trust someone else completely, and Jaina being a Solo it's twice as hard. Good Luck and great work so far, darlin...

When shall we tell them?

-JSD

14. Daughterofflame

Daughterofflame Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 2003
    Oh, gosh. After the evening I just had, this was the icing on the cake! :D
    ~*~Austyn

15. Yun-Harla_loves_Jag

Yun-Harla_loves_Jag Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 23, 2004
    Good more soon

16. SaberBlade

SaberBlade Jedi Master star 3

Sep 19, 2001
    Of course Jaina trusts Kyp to protect her! It's Kyp and Jaina for crying out loud!

Although the best line in this post:

Jacen shook his head. "Personally, Kyp, I think you're insane."

I laughed so hard... that's the perfect way to describe Jacen and Kyp interacting.

-Saber

17. Deneveon

Deneveon Jedi Master star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    I'm amazed it took me this long to find this. Anyway, I love the premise of the story and how it's going so far.

More soon?

18. Smuggler_Shidakis

Smuggler_Shidakis Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 26, 2004
    Wow.

Poor Jaina, all blind. But very whiny and ungrateful.

Wonderful, wonderful, stubborn-jerkly Kyp. [face_love]

I swear I am such a fangirl sometimes....

19. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    I'm working on chapter 5, it's just slow-going.

Babi_Tahiri - Great update! But you already know that because I already told you. happy Can't wait for more!

I can't wait for more, either. I wana get to the mush!

Abby - Yay yay, update!

:)

...where we see Jaina finally giving in, just a little bit. He he he.

She'll be giving in more as the story progresses, and so will he. They've both got a lot to learn, and a long ways to go.

I had to giggle at Jacen's last comment about holding her hand as he left their tent happy

Jacen's going to have some things to work with here, too, because Jaina isn't going to do half the things she did in "Balance Point".

Can't wait for more, but then, you probably knew that.

:) I want more, too.

Jaina_Solo_Durron - grin Dana...I sense another epic coming on...I really like the twist you've put into this, it *is* hard to try and trust someone else completely, and Jaina being a Solo it's twice as hard. Good Luck and great work so far, darlin...

I'm hoping this will be an epic. I need to work on it more, but "When The Tide Comes" is a monster-bunny right now.

When shall we tell them?

Tell them what?

Daughterofflame - Oh, gosh. After the evening I just had, this was the icing on the cake! grin

Glad you liked. :)

Yun-Harla_loves_Jag - Good more soon

Hopefully.

SaberBlade - Of course Jaina trusts Kyp to protect her! It's Kyp and Jaina for crying out loud!

LOL! Well, not in this she doesn't. Not quite yet. She's trusting him because she has no one else.

Although the best line in this post:
    Jacen shook his head. "Personally, Kyp, I think you're insane."
    I laughed so hard... that's the perfect way to describe Jacen and Kyp interacting.

Thanks, LOL! I loved that line when I wrote it. :)

Deneveon - I'm amazed it took me this long to find this. Anyway, I love the premise of the story and how it's going so far.

Thank you. :)

More soon?

I hope.

Smuggler_Shidakis - Wow.
    Poor Jaina, all blind. But very whiny and ungrateful.

Well, she's going through a very traumatic time right now. I think she has a right, at this stage, to be a little whiny and ungrateful. I mean, if you found out you were permanently blinded, how would you feel?

Wonderful, wonderful, stubborn-jerkly Kyp. love

:D Kyp is . . . *sigh* I wish I had one.

I swear I am such a fangirl sometimes....

LOL, me, too!

Dana

20. Amithyst_Blade

Amithyst_Blade Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    oh Kyp, you know why!!! it's because she loves you

*hits hot hunk of a jedi over head*

and you love her you idiot!!!

once you're in safety... KISS HER YOU FOOL!

21. Amithyst_Blade

Amithyst_Blade Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    uh... Dana, darling... you seem to be missing something here...

the next post :-x

mwuah!

we love you!!

22. AvenKiel

AvenKiel Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2003
    Oh.... awwwwww... she trusts him!!!

I miss my boyfriend!! :_|

23. GoddessJainaSoloFel

GoddessJainaSoloFel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 18, 2004
    Wow! A very original idea and very enjoyable. Several parts had me laugh out loud! *My Hubby gave me a strange stare* And lots of the Fab Kyp! [face_love] Please post soon! It's wonderful and I'm hooked!

~Goddess Jaina~

24. JayaMioneDurron

JayaMioneDurron Jedi Master star 3

Jul 19, 2004
    oh

oh

oh

DANNA, you have so many stories and i love them all but each time you start a new one i get addicted to it as well. in all NOT COOL.

but i dont care cause it means more stories. neway please update soon.

i loved the line about the blow stuff up hero

25. GoddessJainaSoloFel

GoddessJainaSoloFel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 18, 2004
    Please don't leave Kyp and Jaina stranded in the middle of an alarm. Please can we have an update soon?!? I need to see if Jaina gets her sight back and what develops between the couple! ;)

~Goddess Jaina~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.