main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends ~~A Little Fall of Rain~~ (Luke/Mara AU) *Author Notes 3/18/05, please read*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Marawannabe, Dec 28, 2001.

1. GhostsBeautifulSong

GhostsBeautifulSong Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 8, 2002
    The answer is C, Han Jr. Chocolate is good but a new post would be even better. :)

2. KataiJade

KataiJade Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 19, 2002
    Yes, it is C. I want a post! I am patient but I hate cliffies! I love this story and I hope it is updated soon.

3. Lolipon

Lolipon Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 28, 1999
  4. inez_the_swampgirl

inez_the_swampgirl Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 14, 2002
    back from vacation and patiently waiting.........................*checks watch*......................*still waiting*....................

inez

5. Mara_Skywhiner

Mara_Skywhiner Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 27, 2002
    yes, it is C. next question:
    What are the last words spoken in ESB?
    I can't give you another post just ice cream and chocolate... :(
    UP!!!!!!
    ~Mara

6. Saber-of-Light

Saber-of-Light Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    No idea, but I want a post.

7. queen37

queen37 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 14, 2002
    I think the last words in ESB are "May the Force be with you " and they are said by Luke. UP!!

8. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    *sigh*

Where is our next post?

Poor Mara is bleeding to death!

If only Han knew that Callista had lied.

9. Marawannabe

Marawannabe Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2001
    Actually, the answer is "Ow." :D

Hey everyone! Thanks for all the ups, support and friendly reminders... Your patience has paid off in that... *gasp* I actually have a post!!!! Muwahahahaha!!!! Take that, DRL and DWB :D

I will warn you, it's short, but HEY! It's better then nothing, yes?

Enjoy ;)

~*~*~*~*~

Mara wasn't sure if she had blacked out or not, the only thing she was sure of was the immense pain, and vast amounts of a liquid that appeared to be her blood spilling out onto the docking bay floor. She gasped and struggled to focus her eyes on the door that Callista had disappeared through. She had to get up, had to get out.

Mara clenched her eyes shut against the raging fire in her right side, and placed her left hand on the floor, trying to push her body upwards. She gasped as the searing sensation in her side spiked to unknown levels, the movement causing fresh blood to gush from the wound. Mara unleashed her fury in a wordless yell, lowering her body as flat as she could once more. This was not a simple stab wound. She could handle those. Mara had been the Emperor's Hand, a trained assassin who knew nothing of pain and suffering. But this was different.

Something inside of her had weakened; Mara wasn't sure if she was just tired from the fight, or if the problem was something deeper, something more. She mentally gave herself a shake, and closed her eyes for a moment, breathing deeply, trying to focus herself to accomplish what she needed to do.

A Jedi is at peace. A Jedi must be calm. Luke's reassuring voice from a myriad of memories found her, easing her labored breathing, and wrapping her in a quiet stregth that was solely Luke.

She could do this. Mara raised her right hand and brought it to hover over the gushing wound in her side. the first rule of survival, stop the bleeding. If she had passed out, there could be no telling how much blood she might have lost, but the fact was, she had to stop the bleeding. Mara closed her eyes, and gritted her teeth before placing her hand flat on the open wound and applying pressure. She gasped and tried to open her eyes against the vicious slashes of torture that that simple movement had caused. Black spots occluded her vision as her gasping tore at her throat.

Mara?

Luke! she sent, relief washing over her. Help was on the way.

~*~*~*~*~

Luke stumbled along the hallway, ignoring the blaring lights and shrill alarms as the cruiser prepared for the space assault. The pain in his right side was barely under control, his connection to Mara wavering, precarious at best. Thank the Force that Leia had understood the intensity of the situation.

As a Jedi, his place was with Leia, attempting to make a peace accord with the Ishori and Diamala. But, for once in his life, Luke was putting the life of one above the lives of countless others. There was no time to debate the ethical issues surrounding his decision. It had already been made, and the other half of his soul hung in the balance.

An extreme wave of pain washed over him, overriding his Force sense with its intensity. He gasped and stumbled into the bulhead, putting out his left hand to catch himself against the wall. He reached out to the Force to dampen the pain, and panted in the corridor for a moment, trying to regain his bearings.

Mara? He had to find her, had to reach her.

Luke! He could hear the breathless anticipation in her response. Her mental voice was tinged with relief, and yet, there was an underlying fear that he could not understand.

Where are you?

A pause, and then, Docking, Fire, Luke... her voice wavered and nearly went out again. Hurry...

~*~*~*~*~

Feedback is always appreciated ;)

10. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    yea!!

happy happy joy joy....

don't mind too much that it was short.......I'm just glad that Mara's conscious........but Luke better find her really fast........

You beat the *3* month deadline... ;)

11. inez_the_swampgirl

inez_the_swampgirl Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 14, 2002
    :eek: Wow! A post! And a really good one at that! Unfortunately, Mara is still bleeding.... :( Please don't wait another 3 months for Luke to find her. She obviously can't hold out much longer.

*yelling in Jenny voice from Forrest Gump* RUN, LUKE, RUN!

inez

p.s. it's ethical issues, not ethnic (one of my little pet peeves, sorry)

12. Saber-of-Light

Jun 18, 2002
    Oh, no no no. It's the Obi-Wan voice from ANH: [voice_ghostly] Run, Luke, run! :D OH MY GOD! YOU POSTED! Ahem. Nice! Now let your faithful readers know what's next. After all, she's still bleeding... ;)

13. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    Hey she posted! *Performs Jedi Jig of Joy* :-D Poor Mara AND especially my Lukie. ;) I loved the parallelism with Vision of the Future... very nice. :) MORE!!!

14. queen37

Jan 14, 2002
    Yay, A POST!!!!! *Does the happy dance* Hurry Luke!!! Find Mara!! Post more soon Marawannabe!!
    ~queen37

15. Mara_Skywhiner

Mara_Skywhiner Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 27, 2002
    YAY!!!!! a post!!!! *dances along with queen37*
    Marawannabe, you were correct in your answer! :D unfortunately, I don't have any more chocolate... *glances around the room nervously then sits on the last snickers bar* I do have chocolate ice cream though!!!! *hands Ben & Jerry's over to Marawannabe. there ya go! your prize!!! Next question, this one is tougher:

When Artoo-Detoo and See-Threepio were sent to the kalarba system, in th years before they knew Princess Leia and Luke Skywalker, they went because:
    a. Han Solo commanded it.
    b. they were sold sight unseen to a junk trader.
    c. they were on a peace mission

Have fun researching that one!
    By the way, your post was awesome, but I agree, Mara can't hold out for another three months... ;) 8-}
    ~Mara

16. queen37

Jan 14, 2002
    I think the answer is "b"!! Up!!

17. jade_stone

jade_stone Jedi Master star 1

Jun 20, 2002
    Hey! A post! Don't feel bad hamham hasn't posted in almost a year, I need to look her address up and yell at her. Same with MJade.

18. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    *faint*
    Great description of their bond and shared pain. You know Mara is hurting if Luke is stumbling. OUch. She's gonna need a transfusion.

19. JadeSaber

JadeSaber Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 9, 2002
    *falls off her chair*

Ack! Don't stop now!!!

I love the description of their Force bond! Great job, Jalen!! :)

20. Amidala_Skywalker

Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 2001
    *eyes widen* Yay, Mara-the-author and Mara-the-character! Great post :) I love how Luke was affected by her pain, proving that they are closer than first thought.

It's unbelievable to see this story up and running again!

Am [face_love]

21. MariahJade2

MariahJade2 Former Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 5 VIP

Mar 18, 2001
    I got all excited that Luke was finally on his way and I almost fell off that cliff you put in my path. Arggggggghhhh! ;) ;)

You just had to stop didn't you.

22. Marawannabe

Marawannabe Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2001
    Liz- YES! MUWAHAHAHA! I beat the deadline, go me! Glad you liked the post!

Inez- LOL, yes Luke, run! Thanks so much! And, oops, you think I would have caught that word slip, thanks for the heads up!

Saber- Thank you, yes I posted, and don't worry, I know that she is still bleeding, I am the authoress, after all.

Luney- Thank you! The parallelisms in VotF were to good to pass up, especially since that's exactly how Lukie thinks ;) Thanks!

queen37- Don't worry, he's going, he's going ;)

Mara_sky- Thanks so much! Ummm, I believe the answer is "b" but I'm not positive ;) Thanks for the feedback!

jade_stone- LOL, ok, thanks!

Mummy- *fans her* thank you! And, she'll need more then a transfusion ;)

Jadey- *bows* thank you! *helps her back on her chair* More uh... soon...

Am- Told you I wouldn't abandon this ;) Yes, I love their bond too, it's fun to write :D

Mariah- Actually, yeah, I did have to stop there, I ran ut of things to say ;) *hands her a drink while she's cliff hanging* Thanks!

23. Lolipon

Lolipon Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 28, 1999
    Woohoo! A post! No matter if it's short... a post is a post! Poor Luke is stumbling through the hallways... and poor mara is still bleeding. ;) Hopefully not for long though. :) Good post!

24. Jedi_Knight_Hunter

Jedi_Knight_Hunter Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    oh blast...i saw the awnser to that in the diplomatic corps entry exam the other day...i thought it was c though.

25. Saber-of-Light

Jun 18, 2002