main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends ~~A Little Fall of Rain~~ (Luke/Mara AU) *Author Notes 3/18/05, please read*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Marawannabe, Dec 28, 2001.

1. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Uh oh, confrontation already.

Should be exciting.

2. Marawannabe

Marawannabe Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2001
    Ooh, look! 100 posts! YAY!!! *throws confetti*

:D Just a little excited!!! :D

Yep, RM, confrontation time. [face_devil] Thanks!

Sorry about no post yet, I've been a little busy. Hope to have the next part up soon.

3. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    *delurks* I am just dropping by to let you know I am loving this story, Callista is a bit of a !@#$ (Are readers allowed to beat the characters? ;))

Your mush is very well written (I have an eye for it ;))So keep writing! :D Please?

4. Marie_Jadewalker

Marie_Jadewalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2000
    Hi Marawannabe!

My Mush Master, Lunetta recommended this story, so I thought I'd come check it out. I like it very much! Your mush is quite well done and realistic. The Luke/Mara/Callista dynamic is done better than I've often seen. I love how nieve Luke is; he just comes out and tells Callista he's in love with Mara. *Shakes head* How did you think she was going to respond, Lukie dear? ;)

~Marie

5. Marawannabe

Dec 16, 2001
    Ahh, ahh, breathe Mara, breathe. Now all I need is Qwi to pop in and say, btw I love this too!

Luney- For the record, I can't believe that you are reading my story! I'm just like 'wow' right now. Thank you so much! I work hard on my mush, I don't want to make it to easy, or unbelievable.

Marie-Another wow! Thank you sooo much! I'm so happy that you like what you're reading! Wow...

Hi everyone, no post yet, but soon I promise. (Tonight or tomorrow) Tax season is here. AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! (a little stress reliever, sorry)

6. Marie_Jadewalker

Nov 14, 2000
    Hey! I hope tax season isn't kicking you around too badly. :)

~Marie

7. Marawannabe

Dec 16, 2001
    Not too badly yet Marie. But we're very busy. Sorry about no post yet, soon!

8. EmilieDarklighter

EmilieDarklighter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    More more more!!!

9. JadedofMara

JadedofMara Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 16, 2001
    Wow...I lost this and now ive found it and its wonderful! Keep on posting!

uh OH...catfight...whos winning...tell me luke shows up in the middle...

10. Marawannabe

Dec 16, 2001
    Emmi- When did you start reading this??? I'm so glad you found it! :D yay. More is coming, soon I promise.

Jaded- LOL, I was wondering where you had been! Glad you're back. Catfight, oh yes. Luke, show up in the middle? Now why on earth would he want to do that?

Ok everyone, I've got good news, and bad news.

Good news- I found time today to work on the next post! Yay!

Bad news- The part I worked on is not finished yet, and I can't work on it right now. Sorry. Darn, back to work. :(

11. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    I shall sit here, swinging my legs, tapping my fingers, impatienly awaiting you to finish... :D

12. DesignSith

DesignSith Jedi Master star 2

Feb 12, 2000
    Am I the only one who finds Mara and Callista catfights funny as all hell?

Not bad, not bad...

13. Marawannabe

Dec 16, 2001
    Luney- thanks for your patience, ;) just a little longer, I swear! (Maybe tomorrow, definitely by Saturday)

DesignSith- I don't exactly find them funny, but they are interesting. [face_devil] Thanks! I'm glad you're reading!

14. EmilieDarklighter

EmilieDarklighter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    Wow, Mara, this must be good. You've got luney acting *patient*. J/K, luney, you know I love ya!

I've been reading for a while, kid, where'v you been? Or did I just forget to post?

15. Lara_Jadewalker

Lara_Jadewalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 9, 2000
    Hi Mwb!

I'm Marie's sock! My job is to go around "upping" her favorite fanfics. That, and ask stupid questions....

16. Marawannabe

Dec 16, 2001
    Emmi- I think you've just forgotten to post, but that's ok! It's good to know that you've been reading! ;)

Lara-Marie- LOL, thanks for the up.

Still working, the Olympics have my attention right now. :D

17. Marawannabe

Dec 16, 2001
    Ok, here we go! Drumroll please!!! :D Thanks for waiting so patiently y'all!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The lightsabers hummed, their deadly harmonics singing their own vengeful song. Blue on yellow, topaz on cobalt, back and forth the dance continued. Each of the combatants focused tightly on themselves and their opponent. The Force was alive in this room, a strange combination of anger and calm, pervading the electrified atmosphere.

Together, the women cart-wheeled around the room, each reeling from the others forceful blows. Sheer power and strength kept each woman on her feet, and coming back for more. The lightsabers crashed again, the electric current of each, deafening in their own right.

Mara jerked her head to clear her hair from her face once more. Sweat was pouring from her body, plastering her red-gold curls to her forehead and neck, making her grip on her lightsaber precarious at best. She barely got her saber in front of her face before Callista's next viscous onslaught of thrusts.

Mara spun quickly to block Callista's next thrust, and leaped backwards in a series of flips across the docking bay to buy her more time. Her strength was waning, for Callista was like a relentless hunter, Mara, her helpless prey.

Mara bristled at the thought of being someone's prey. Not yet, not now, not ever. How could she have let those thoughts of defeat into her mind? With a wordless yell, she charged the remaining distance between herself and Callista, catching her by momentary surprise.

She slammed her lightsaber down on Callista's, the force of her thrust carrying both sabers to the floor. Sparks flashed on impact, momentarily blinding both combatants. Mara used the opportunity to Force-shove her opponent into some nearby fuel barrels. Callista landed with a crash and disappeared from view.

Mara could feel Callista's anger, the deep cold fury buried inside of her. So far, Callista had been keeping a tight reign on her emotions. Mara had to wonder how long that would last. She hoped for her sake that she could get through to Callista before something horrible happened.

Mara shook her head at the irony of the situation. Luke must be rubbing off on her more than she would have thought possible. When she normally would have been thinking about a way to quickly rid herself of this annoyance, she was now trying to decide the best course of action to talk Callista down from this emotional ledge.

She reached out again to the Force, this time to bring relief to her tired body, as she strode over to where Callista lay, motionless.

The woman had been right about one thing. Mara was not yet a jedi, and she was feeling it. The Force flowed around her, yes. Sometimes triggering her danger sense, other times letting her tap into it for raw power. But ultimately, she was not one with the Force. Mara only hoped that she had gotten her shields up in time, before Luke realized something was wrong. This was something that Mara needed to handle on her own.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Senator Drochee, Senator Fuller, Please, listen to me!" Leia's calm voice tried to reach across the vastness of space. Neither the Diamala, nor Ishori would consent to a face to face meeting. Leia had to settle for comm station diplomacy. She only hoped that her legendary charisma would come across just as well over a comm channel.

They had been working for more than an hour with no end in sight. Leia gritted her teeth and looked to Luke for reassurance. Though he seemed distracted, he sent a sympathetic glance her way and returned his attention to the split viewscreen.

Why in the universe could these two peoples not get along? Leia wondered to herself for the millionth time that morning.

A single shipping lane. This whole dispute was over one, single, lousy, shipping lane! Why could they just not share and get along? Leia felt like she was dealing with her children, not mature adults. At least her children didn't use weapons of mass destruction. Her mouth quirked in an almost smile. At least not yet.

The two senators on her sc

18. Marie_Jadewalker

Nov 14, 2000
    Hi!

I think you handled the lightsaber scene pretty well. I only have two questions:
    1) Were they literally cartwheeling (the gymnastics move) or just going all over the place? If literal, how did they do that with their lightsabers.
    2) Mara says "not yet" and then "not ever." I didn't exactly understand the not yet, but maybe she's just correcting herself/ strenghthening her resolve.

Nice job with Leia's frustration over politics and Luke's feelings towards Mara. If only he knew...

~Marie

19. JadedofMara

JadedofMara Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 16, 2001
    This i thought was good...but just a little too short! I know you are busy...but us impatient readers want more!

I liked leia's frustration...that was good

20. Marawannabe

Dec 16, 2001
    Marie- I meant that they were going all over the place. Just a description I liked. Hmm, I need to think about words that I choose.

Mara's strengthening her resolve, that was a little bit of myself showing there. I tend to make lists like that.

Thanks for the honest feedback, it shows me what I need to work on.

Jaded- LOL, thanks. I thought this post was long! (for me anyways) More coming soon, I promise.

21. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    awesome post! And it was well worth the wait. I thought you wrote that scene pretty good (the saber scene). :)

Of course, I would never have any saber scenes in my stories....but I got a great idea for one in one of my stories..... ;)

22. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    nice to see another post. The only thing I have to add to the others' suggestions is that you include some fencing terminology in your descriptions.

:)

23. Amidala_Skywalker

Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 2001
    That was great for your first lightsaber battle! Don't worry if you think it wasn't perfect, action gets better the more time goes along. When I first wrote action I was awful, that I practically received flames. You'll get better and at the moment you had proper description, they weren't just parrying thrusts for no purpose.

Nice job!

Am [face_love]

24. MariahJade2

MariahJade2 Former Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 5 VIP

Mar 18, 2001
    The action was fine for your first time. My question is about Luke. Yes Mara can shield her feelings from him, but he might have still been able to feel Callista's disturbance since she is using the Force as well. You might want to add that he felt nothing from Callista either if she was shielding too.

25. Marawannabe

Dec 16, 2001
    Liz- Oh, thanks so much! I'm glad you're still enjoying this!

RM- The only fencing terminology I know is thrust and parry. lol. Oh yeah, and lunge. :) Thanks for the encouragement.

Am- Thanks girlie! I'm going to have Arna help me on the next few bits. Best to learn from a master. ;)

Mariah- I hadn't thought about that aspect, my attention had been solely on Mara. I think in my mind, Luke just hadn't put two and two together. Thanks! That's something I can work with.