main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

a little help . . . please?

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Angel_of_Sith, Apr 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Angel_of_Sith

Angel_of_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 10, 2002
    i'm writing some fan fic at the moment an i need some help.

what word do i use to describe it when the light sabre blade appears and dissapears?

also, how do jedi train? do they use low power light sabres?

lastly, what vehicle is there that is ridden like a motor bike (i.e. open topped, very small, and with big guns)?

i'm startin to love this fan fic writing. the short story was going to end at one point, now it might just continue into a full novel, or something.

i'll post some of it when i can. i have problems logging on at home and i can't write it on the school computers.

2. Pallas-Athena

Pallas-Athena TFN Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 4 VIP

Nov 29, 2000
    mmm

1)Ignite, extinguish, close down, to name a few.

2) Some people write that they have specially made 'practice sabers' while others say they turn their real lightsabers down to low power.

3) Speeder bikes (in ROTJ, for the imperials) and Swoop bikes (for the gangster types)

3. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    1. "...he/she ignited his/her lightsaber...", "...with a snap-hiss, the ________ (insert color) blade of his/her lightsaber came to life...", "...he/she shut down his/her lightsaber...", "...he/she deactivated his/her lightsaber..."

That's all that comes to my mind right now. Hope it helps. :)

4. Angel_of_Sith

Apr 10, 2002
    thanks for the help, it's really helpfull.

about swoop bikes, would jedi use them? there's going to be this huge battle involving flying machines that they can use there light sabre whilste riding them.

as for the sabre thing, i'm saying that they use training sabres. which are low power light sabres, they act like normal sabre except for the fact thay can't hurt you. oh, and they're pink.

how about these as names for the amin charecters:
    darth zabat (sith lord)
    turak colbar (jedi knight)
    tobin (jedi knight)

and i need some names for some planets. one's going to be in a system of planets, so it could have a number at the end.

5. Darth_Tim

Darth_Tim Jedi Master star 4

Feb 26, 2002
    Swoops don't usually have "big guns", though. If you want a heavily-armed open-top vehicle a land or airspeeder might be the way to go.

Also,when deactivating lightsabers, it's usually done with two quick taps on the button, which prevents it from going off if the button accidentally gets hit while in combat.

-Tim

6. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    as for the sabre thing, i'm saying that they use training sabres. which are low power light sabres, they act like normal sabre except for the fact thay can't hurt you. oh, and they're pink.

I'd say that the "training lightsabers" are the same thing as the real lightsabers, considering that you're able to adjust the length and intensity of it (if you build your saber with those capabilities, but most of them are that way). Also, if I may suggest, don't use the color pink. I don't know, but it seems rather weird color for a lightsaber... :p If you want that kind of color, call it magenta or crimson, but not pink. Sounds like a "gay saber", sorry for the expression.... ;) :p

Oh, and another thing. You might want to watch out for the capital letters, it tends to turn off the readers when your names don't start with capital letters... ;) :)

7. Angel_of_Sith

Apr 10, 2002
    darth_tim: have you got pics of a landspeeder or airspeeder?

mar17swgirl: it will have capital letters in it when it's done. i just don't like using capitals in other things.

thanks for the tips about sabres, i'll add something about the trainignsabre not having power and length adjusting buttons.

any tips about the charecters and planet names?

8. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    OK, I just wanted to help... ;)

Depends on what kind of characters and planets. If you give me a brief description, I might come up with something. Also, for the planet names, you can always use the Unofficial Encyclopedia, it has the database of all SW planets, including some details about them (location, climate, native species...). :)

9. Darth_Tim

Darth_Tim Jedi Master star 4

Feb 26, 2002
    darth_tim: have you got pics of a landspeeder or airspeeder? >>

I can PM you a link later if you like, but here's a few film examples:

TPM: In one of the Theed street battle scenes, was the vehicle that was sitting in the street with a repeating blaster mounted on a swivel mount in the rear.

When Amidala was coming up with her strategy after meeting with the Gungans before the battle, Panaka and his men arrive in some airspeeders.

ANH: Luke's speeder was the 3-engined vehicle he had on Tatooine.

TESB: When you said "big guns" I thought of the rebel snowspeeders Rogue Squadron flew against the walkers on Hoth.

AotC: In the trailer, Obi and Ani are in a yellow speeder during the Coruscant chase shots.

-Tim

10. Angel_of_Sith

Apr 10, 2002
    that'd be cool.

11. jacen200015

jacen200015 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    How about planet: Mesuten

12. Angel_of_Sith

Apr 10, 2002
    unfortunately, both planets have been named. so i'm going to have to have anohter planet somewhere called mesuten, cos it is such a cool name.

maybe the jedi heros could chase the sith lord there, or something.

13. Fluke_Groundwalker

Fluke_Groundwalker Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 11, 2001
    In I, Jedi, they used wooden sabers, with slight padding on them, enough to prevent serious injury, but still little enough to cause some pain.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.