main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hawaii A little late, places opening at 12 AM?

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Yoda808, Apr 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yoda808

Yoda808 Jedi Youngling

Apr 22, 2002
    Hello everyone, I'm a little new to these boards so pardon my n00bieness. I saw from the "staying with my grandmother" post that some of you were interested in getting toys at midnight. Sorry to say that I've talked to Toys R Us at Pearl Ridge and they have said that they have no plans to be open at midnight to sell Episode II toys. I was just wondering if any of you knew any places that would be openning at 12AM to sell episode II merchandise? If not then I guess we all have to wait till tomorrow during regular business hours to acquire toys.

2. JarJarIsBoba

JarJarIsBoba Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 24, 2000
    Wal-Mart at 12:01 AM.
    KB Toys at 8 AM
    Toys'R'Us at 9 AM or whenever they open.

See you there!

3. Yoda808

Yoda808 Jedi Youngling

Apr 22, 2002
    Yeah, I looked at the Advertiser, it said no one except Wal-Mart will be open at midnight for the Episode II stuff. Gotta wait till the morning. Kinda sucks, but oh well, I'll be out at Mililani Wal-Mart at midnight.

4. Yoda808

Yoda808 Jedi Youngling

Apr 22, 2002
    Woohoo, just got back from Wal-Mart Mililani, where right at midnight they started selling Episode II toys. I have to say there were more people than I expected there, but I think everyone pretty much got what they wanted. I'm not a "figure" guy so I didn't get that much stuff. The main things I wanted were the two new lightsabers, which I got, and I also picked up the LEGO version of the new Jedi starfighter. All in all it was pretty fun. Too bad Toys R Us didn't have a "Midnight Madness" over here like they are doing on the mainland, guaranteed choke people would have came for that. Hope all of you snag the toys you want.

5. JarJarIsBoba

Sep 24, 2000
    I went to Wal-Mart Kunia at midnight, Toys'R'Us at 9am Tuesday morning, and then Wal-Mart Mililani,Borders Waikele and KB Toys at Kam Shopping Center after that.

I got:

3-3/4" Action Figures
    ---------------------
    Yoda
    Nikto Jedi
    Clonetrooper (Red & White)
    Padme
    Obi-Wan
    Super Battle Droid
    C-3PO
    R2-D2

AOTC Visual Dictionary
    AOTC Soundtrack from Wal-Mart

I already had from barnesandnoble.com:

AOTC Trade Paperback
    AOTC Scrapbook

Still want: Anakin (Hangar Duel)

It was a nuthouse at Wal-Mart Kunia. Toys'R'Us had a Taun We. If anyone wants Geonosian Warrior, Dexter Jettser, Nikto Jedi, Jar Jar (Senator) and Saesee Tiin...go to Wal-Mar Mililani. There's tons of them there.

Oh yeah...if you still don't have the white Clonetrooper preview figure, there's one left at the KB Toys Kam Shopping Center. It's yours for $10.

6. Yoda808

Yoda808 Jedi Youngling

Apr 22, 2002
    hehe, cool, sounds like you pretty much got everything

7. JarJarIsBoba

Sep 24, 2000
    Now I do! My friend got Anakin (Hangar Duel) for me. I think I'll keep my Anakin, Yoda, Nikto Jedi and white clonetrooper unopened for a while. It seems that these are pretty rare right now.

8. AquaRose

AquaRose Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 6, 2001
    So THAT is why when I called the ToysRUs over there the lady screamed at me... poor lady, all the SW fans in Hawaii must have called that day!!!!

9. JarJarIsBoba

Sep 24, 2000
    I must have called early. She was nice to me. Well, I think it serves them right for not getting with the program. ;)

10. AquaRose

AquaRose Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 6, 2001
    Yeah I agree, I almost died when the lady said they were not having Midnight Madness. Then I was smart enough to call Walmart...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.