main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends A Little Love... (MMM Challenge)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Kidan, Jun 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kidan

Kidan TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 20, 2003
    Well, I can't say that this is going to be exactly what you're expecting. After all, it's from the POV of a seriously damaged young woman, who has spent way too long in the company of the Yuuzhan Vong.

But it is mush... from a certain point of view.

Like it, hate it, it's what popped out, when I pondered creating an entry for this challenge.

[b]A Little Love...[/b]

His fist connected with my jaw. Hard. I could feel it as it shattered a tooth, and knocked another out. I shook my head, trying to focus through the dizziness. The coppery taste of blood filled my mouth, so I spat a wad of it out.

I grinned at him, and he grinned back. I could feel it in the Force.

We have been this way for years. We ignore one another, until the moment we can get away, away from our responsibilities, our friends and family. Once we're able, we run away until we're hidden-because none of them would understand. None of them could understand. After all, our relationship is complicated, to say the least.

So we run away to some backwater planet that is more untrained wilderness than anything else. Then we proceeded to beat the kriff out of one another, until we're both too exhausted and sore to move.

And then the fun really starts. Then we would use each others bodies to forget our pain and loneliness.

At that moment, I was holding my own. Sure, I had a knife wound to my upper arm and lower thigh, but he had a nice sized hole in his stomach. Of course, I lost my knife giving him that wound. As the blade had sunk in, he had twisted away, ripping the hilt from my hand.

He cheated that way. Still does.

Regardless, we weren't worried too much about the damage to our bodies, after all, the Force and bacta would patch us up better than ever once we were done playing.

It was that punch that rattled my head though; I was still seeing the bright lights behind my eyes. No matter the number of times I get smacked in that spot, it always hurt, and it always dazed me for a few moments.

He knew this. He took advantage of it every time. Like I said, he cheats.

Just part of why I love him so much.

Well, I don't know if love would really be the right description. Lust? Desire? The straight animalistic tendencies of two pieces of meat? An overwhelming desire to beat him to within a centimeter of death?

All of that and more. It's part and parcel of the things we went through at the hands of the Yuuzhan Vong.

The other thing we went through at their hands is that I lost my first lover. His brother.

Like I said, our relationship is complicated.

I cursed as I realized my thoughts had been wandering. Helped to this realization by a swift kick to the head. Pain flared across my awareness, driving it away.

I woke to him tossing a bucket of frigid stream water into my face.

Sputtering, I leaned my chest up, lifting it by my elbows. I inhaled, trying to focus past the pain. Finally, I glared up at him where he stood over me. "You had to use the water didn't you? You couldn't wake me up nice?"

He grinned. I hate it when he grins, and I've told him that. After all, his grin is a mirror image of his dad's. As was his brother's. That grin hurts. A lot. I think that might be why he continued to do it.

"I couldn't help it," he said. "Too enticing a view."

I was confused for a moment, and then I noticed that he was staring at my chest. I looked down, and remembered that I had been wearing a white t-shirt. It was currently sodden and translucent.

I glared up at him again, and then sliced my leg through his, dumping him to the ground. He landed hard, and I slammed my foot into his face, my own grin coming to my lips as I heard his nose crunch.

"Kwiff, 'Ri, youd brode by dose."

I sat up the rest of the way and crawled over to where he laid in the dirt. He stared at me for a moment, and then I leaned down and kissed him hard, tasting the blood on his lips.

I could feel both his pain and his pleasure in the Force.

A mirror image of my own.

Breaking the kiss, I sat back on my haunches

2. mara_jade_rox

mara_jade_rox Jedi Master star 2

Jun 18, 2007
    Interesting but still good.

MJR]-}

3. Kidan

Jul 20, 2003
    mara_jade_rox
    Interesting but still good.
    thanks! and thanks for reading :)

4. kecen

kecen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    Oh Jacen, Jacen, Jacen. He mibehaves XP

5. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    Oh, my. Well, I guess this is love, or something like it. Thanks for joining MMM! :)

6. 1_4_Jedi

1_4_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 13, 2006
    Yeah.....I'll buy that, it was actually pretty good. Like you said, maybe not mainstream mush, but for a couple of Jedi freaks who have been seriously mentally & physically traumatized by the Vong - sure, why not?

7. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    Kidan: :D That was good!! :cool:

On my first readthrough (or two), I was somewhat disturbed by it - I'm not a huge fan of Tahiri/Jacen, and there was something disconcerting about the way that the narrative events were past tense, the abstract reflections brought forward into present tense...

Perhaps it was just because it's so against my inclinations in writing A/T... but it was very effective, very powerful! :D

Reading it through again, though... I loved it!! :eek: :D [face_thinking]

Subtle, human, well-developed characterization. Tahiri may be scarred, but she's retained her strength, and her integrity. Love and bruises are both forms of tenderness?

- The Imperial Ewok

8. MirandaFair

MirandaFair Jedi Master star 4

Jun 13, 2005
    Wow! :eek:

You know what I'm loving about this MMM? All the different layers and POVs of what "mush" in the SW universe could be. It's great to see authors expanding and pushing the limits. For that alone, well done, Kidan. =D=

I'm buying that two Jedi who have been through hell and back could actually find happiness in the pain they create. It's a sadistic love but it's love to them in an odd sort of Vongy way. Vongy-love. [face_thinking] ]-} ;)

I glared up at him again, and then sliced my leg through his, dumping him to the ground. He landed hard, and I slammed my foot into his face, my own grin coming to my lips as I heard his nose crunch.

And to that part I not only cringed but gave an "ow!" out loud. [face_worried]

9. BrentusofGath

BrentusofGath Jedi Master star 4

Aug 12, 2005
    A fight leading to some lovin'? Interesting. And good. Poor kids, so messed up though.

10. Kidan

Jul 20, 2003
    kecen
    Oh Jacen, Jacen, Jacen. He mibehaves XP
    heh- that he does...

ginchy
    Oh, my. Well, I guess this is love, or something like it. Thanks for joining MMM! :)
    [face_mischief] aye - love..or something like it... thanks for running MMM

1_4_Jedi
    Yeah.....I'll buy that, it was actually pretty good. Like you said, maybe not mainstream mush, but for a couple of Jedi freaks who have been seriously mentally & physically traumatized by the Vong - sure, why not?
    :D glad it works for ya - and no, it's not mainstream mush, probably the best description would be Vong-mush....

Thrawn McEwok:
    :D That was good!! :cool:
    [face_dancing]Thanks!!

On my first readthrough (or two), I was somewhat disturbed by it - I'm not a huge fan of Tahiri/Jacen, and there was something disconcerting about the way that the narrative events were past tense, the abstract reflections brought forward into present tense...
    *nods* i'm not a huge fan of Jahiri either, but it made sense for the purpose of the story I was telling here. BAsically, it was either use them or use two Vong... shrugs*

Perhaps it was just because it's so against my inclinations in writing A/T... but it was very effective, very powerful! :D
    *nods* thanks!

Reading it through again, though... I loved it!! :eek: :D [face_thinking]
    [face_dancing][face_dancing]

Subtle, human, well-developed characterization. Tahiri may be scarred, but she's retained her strength, and her integrity. Love and bruises are both forms of tenderness?
    [face_mischief] thanks and exactly! she's scarred, but stronger where those scars are at...

MirandaFair
    Wow! :eek:
    [face_mischief]i take it worked well then...

You know what I'm loving about this MMM? All the different layers and POVs of what "mush" in the SW universe could be. It's great to see authors expanding and pushing the limits. For that alone, well done, Kidan. =D=
    :cool:thanks, I had a lot of fun writing this...

I'm buying that two Jedi who have been through hell and back could actually find happiness in the pain they create. It's a sadistic love but it's love to them in an odd sort of Vongy way. Vongy-love. [face_thinking] ]-} ;)
    ayup! that was my take on it exactly...plust the Vong-mush...

And to that part I not only cringed but gave an "ow!" out loud. [face_worried]
    *nods* reasonable reaction - it hurts just thinking about getting a foot to the face...

BrentusofGath
    A fight leading to some lovin'? Interesting. And good. Poor kids, so messed up though.
    aye, a fight leading to some lovin'.... and yeah - those two are a tad messed up...

11. jedi_of_ennth

jedi_of_ennth Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 1, 2005
    Very original take on the challenge. Nice use of Tahiri's POV. :)

12. Kidan

Jul 20, 2003
    jedi_of_ennth
    Very original take on the challenge. Nice use of Tahiri's POV. :)
    thanks! I wanted something original, and Tahiri's POV just made sense for the story I had...

13. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    Even Vong need love'n! :D

Yes, very original, and cool to boot.

14. Maggy

Maggy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    Kidan:

His fist connected with my jaw. Hard. I could feel it as it shattered a tooth, and knocked another out. I shook my head, trying to focus through the dizziness. The coppery taste of blood filled my mouth, so I spat a wad of it out.

What pleasure, what joy :D
    What a difference for once :D [face_dancing] thanks ? I try to catch up on all those entries and this is really different so far :D

I grinned at him, and he grinned back. I could feel it in the Force.

Very cute :p

So we run away to some backwater planet that is more untrained wilderness than anything else. Then we proceeded to beat the kriff out of one another, until we're both too exhausted and sore to move.

Oh my goodness!!! I would laugh if it would not be so painful :p

Regardless, we weren't worried too much about the damage to our bodies, after all, the Force and bacta would patch us up better than ever once we were done playing.

Faith they have 8-}
    And they enjoy each other too much :p
    Understandable that they run away ? others might lock them up in white and cosy rooms

I was confused for a moment, and then I noticed that he was staring at my chest. I looked down, and remembered that I had been wearing a white t-shirt. It was currently sodden and translucent.

*snorts* that was clear :p

"Kwiff, 'Ri, youd brode by dose."

Hah! I?m not sorry about that? :p ;)

That was different indeed :D
    =D= I like!! :D
    And I don?t like Tahiri/Jacen :p

You captured those Yuuzhan Vong habits very well

15. Kidan

Jul 20, 2003
    RedGold
    Even Vong need love'n! :D
    ayup!

Yes, very original, and cool to boot.
    :D:cool:Thanks!!

Maggy:
    What pleasure, what joy :D
    :cool: happy that you're enjoying it!

What a difference for once :D [face_dancing] thanks ? I try to catch up on all those entries and this is really different so far :D
    [face_dancing] Thanks! I was almost hesitant about posting this, just because it is so different from what's normally associated with mush... but, as RedGold said, even the Vong need some loving...

Very cute :p
    :cool:

Oh my goodness!!! I would laugh if it would not be so painful :p
    heh... but Jacen & Tahiri like the pain these days...

Faith they have 8-}
    aye

And they enjoy each other too much :p
    [face_laugh] that they do...

Understandable that they run away ? others might lock them up in white and cosy rooms
    [face_laugh]yup!

*snorts* that was clear :p
    [face_mischief]

Hah! I?m not sorry about that? :p ;)
    [face_laugh]

That was different indeed :D
    =D= I like!! :D
    And I don?t like Tahiri/Jacen :p

and different was the goal... i'm happy that you liked it, especially since you don't like the pairing involved...

You captured those Yuuzhan Vong habits very well
    [face_blush] thanks, i tried!

16. EvieSolo

EvieSolo Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 11, 2005
    This is really good. Definitely different, but I also imagined those kids going in that direction after what they have been through.

I'm ok with T/J as long as it's all about Anakin in the end. Hehe...

17. Kidan

Jul 20, 2003
    EvieSolo
    This is really good. Definitely different, but I also imagined those kids going in that direction after what they have been through.
    :) thanks! And different was what i was going for...

I'm ok with T/J as long as it's all about Anakin in the end. Hehe...
    heh - and, well, yeah, this is about Anakin in the end...

Tahiri need for him, or as close to him as she can get..

Jacen's need to subvert and claim Anakin's legacy and place...

18. ZekksGoddess

ZekksGoddess Jedi Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    We ignore one another, until the moment we can get away, away from our responsibilities, our friends and family. Once we're able, we run away until we're hidden-because none of them would understand. None of them could understand. After all, our relationship is complicated, to say the least.
    Oh! I love them already, if they're risking so much to be together! [face_love]

Then we proceeded to beat the kriff out of one another, until we're both too exhausted and sore to move.

And then the fun really starts. Then we would use each others bodies to forget our pain and loneliness.

Well, that's a little different. I guess she really did spend a little too much time with the Yuuzhan Vong.

He knew this. He took advantage of it every time. Like I said, he cheats.
    Just part of why I love him so much.

Great aspect for a relationship. [face_unsure]

ell, I don't know if love would really be the right description. Lust? Desire? The straight animalistic tendencies of two pieces of meat? An overwhelming desire to beat him to within a centimeter of death?
    [face_laugh]

The other thing we went through at their hands is that I lost my first lover. His brother.
    Well. You weren't skimping on the description when you said complicated.

No, I don't love him. I could never love him. He is too much like his brother, and too different from his brother, for me to ever truly love him. It would always be just a pale imitation of my love for Anakin.
    Tahiri!? I wondered for a second, earlier on...

Nice job with the challenge. Not your conventional mush, but that's always good. Originality is more fun. :) Nice job.

19. Kidan

Jul 20, 2003
    ZekksGoddess
    Oh! I love them already, if they're risking so much to be together! [face_love]

*nods* well thye have something of a complicated relationship, so...

Well, that's a little different. I guess she really did spend a little too much time with the Yuuzhan Vong.
    aye - on both parts :)

Great aspect for a relationship. [face_unsure]
    [face_mischief]thanks!

[face_laugh]
    :cool:

Well. You weren't skimping on the description when you said complicated.
    [face_laugh] nope, i wasn't..

Tahiri!? I wondered for a second, earlier on...
    [face_mischief]yup, Tahiri.

Nice job with the challenge. Not your conventional mush, but that's always good. Originality is more fun. :) Nice job.
    thanks! and not conventional mush was exactly what I was aiming for here. Thanks for reading!

20. EvieSolo

Mar 11, 2005
    I had to read this again, since I'm starting to like the idea of a T/J pairing in LotF.
    Now, that I'm starting to accept that Anakin will not be back. :(

Anyways, I think the Vong-mush would be a little over the top, but I definitely see them having fun with each other and going in that direction a little.

You had a really good idea and the execution wasn't too bad, either. ;)

21. Kidan

Jul 20, 2003
    EvieSolo
    I had to read this again, since I'm starting to like the idea of a T/J pairing in LotF.
    [face_thinking]... part of me wants to hope that this story didn't push the idea of liking T/J forward for you... after all, I'm an unabashed A/T'er... :p

Now, that I'm starting to accept that Anakin will not be back. :(
    [face_not_talking]I refuse to accept it!!

Anyways, I think the Vong-mush would be a little over the top, but I definitely see them having fun with each other and going in that direction a little.
    heh-aye, I could see them being into a bit of that kinky, pain stuff... *shrugs* maybe not as bad as they got it here, but bad enough... of course, the pain T suffers from this pairing could just be having to listen to Jacen talk...

You had a really good idea and the execution wasn't too bad, either. ;)
    Thanks! and Thanks!

22. Mousie

Mousie Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 27, 2002
    That was kind of scary and upsetting but very well written. Interesting idea :)

23. Kidan

Jul 20, 2003
    Mousie
    That was kind of scary and upsetting but very well written. Interesting idea :)
    :cool:[face_mischief]if it was scary an upsetting but well written, then it succeeded in what it was supposed to be... As I said, it's mush, from a certain point of view. Thanks for reading!

24. EvieSolo

Mar 11, 2005
    Oh, me too. Being an A/T shipper, I mean. What is so bad about shipping J/T, though. After all you've written about more disturbing ships... o_O
    Now I'll have to think about whether this story encouraged my inclination for shipping J/T. :p

DR hates Anakin and his fans, so I've stopped holding my breath. It's sad, but I'm pretty sure he won't be back. If he were, though, I'd immediatley want him and Tahiri back together. I'll only ship J/T as long as Anakin is dead.

I'm sure she'd have an idea or two how to make him stop talking. :p

25. Kidan

Jul 20, 2003
    EvieSolo
    Oh, me too. Being an A/T shipper, I mean. What is so bad about shipping J/T, though. After all you've written about more disturbing ships... o_O
    Now I'll have to think about whether this story encouraged my inclination for shipping J/T. :p

[face_laugh] aye, I have, haven't i... but I think my problem with the whole J/T thing is just that Jacen doesn't deserve her...

DR hates Anakin and his fans, so I've stopped holding my breath. It's sad, but I'm pretty sure he won't be back. If he were, though, I'd immediatley want him and Tahiri back together. I'll only ship J/T as long as Anakin is dead.
    oh, I'm not holding my breath...I have no faith in DR....

I'm sure she'd have an idea or two how to make him stop talking. :p
    [face_laugh]a broken jaw? [face_mischief]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.