main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA A little matter we've been discussing privately...

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JediBith, May 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    I haven't been getting the responses I need via PMs so I have to bring this, in a VAGUE way, public. Check your PMs (you know who you are...) and then answer the following:

Do I have your # correctly? Y or N with correct number.
    If we can't sit together should I give up? Y or N
    If not theatre D should I pursue theatre V? Y or N
    If you haven't done so recently, PM me your email address, so I can take this back off the boards.

To those of you who've opted out...have fun wherever you go!!!

And some of you only answered one or two of the questions...help me help you!!!

2. SoloJedi

SoloJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2001
    well, being as how my PM showed oretty much evryone going, i guess i'm the odd man out. I can't do the midnight...but you guys have a blast!
    thanks for the info and heads-up JB!

3. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    Well this public way is the fastest way, so here it is:
    SR, DH, DM, JT, CD, JB, JJ, NP, and AS = 20

NP may have an extra if DB can do this.

I'm going to try to obtain them for us on Sat. I will aim for reasonably together unless you've previously told me not to. Those who've said "no matter what" should be fine. If I have no luck at all we can re-discuss for the Sunday sale for the other place.

I think I can front this and get money at the Spaghetti Factory.

AS and SR, if you want to join me at the line for moral support on Sat. while I try to get this done...that would be welcome!

4. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    JB, I think I will go with my original idea of staying with JR's. Thanks for your efforts any way.

5. Jiltedtoo

Jiltedtoo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    I'll go with people from LAFF if I can sit with some of them. I dont care who as I like all of you. If I'm sitting alone or with a bunch of strangers then I'll see it at the AMC on Friday Morning.

6. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    Oh silly me. Liz ignore my private message as I wrote it before writing this. Here is my public decision. I'm going Arclight Dome. Why, I've been standing in line now for 43 hours as of last night and I feel I need to see this through. It's not exactly the complete Star Wars experience I wanted but it's what I got. Talking about the Chinese there, not the people the theater. The Arclight allows me to have dinner with the majority of the group before marching in with LU.Net (who aren't all that bad they just tend to like heated debates) and that's one good thing. So JR, I know you have me a ticket in the other Arclight theater. You may give it away or I'll pay for an empty seat. We are all at the same building at roughly the same time. Afterwards we can meet up at some place and discuss the movie until we can't stand it no more. I hope that's ok. That's my decision.

SR

7. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    That's cool SR. Don't worry about your ticket.. I have a waiting list :).

-JR

8. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I'll miss you, SR. :(

9. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    DH, that's cool! So I've got 19 requests. SR I assume you'll be there Sat night? We can work out a buying strategy if you are line-qualified!! I qualify for Larry's second tier (some hours, all charity) but Peter's just doing passes, then standby. Right now I'm standby as if I've never done any line-stuff. Hmmmn. Anyway, I'm still confident we can do this!!

10. Jiltedtoo

Nov 18, 2002
    Can I just say, after being with this group since 2001, I am very sad and disappointed to see us spliting up to see the movie we have all been waiting for.

"Jiltedsad"

11. SoloJedi

Sep 10, 2001
    Jiltedtoo i feel the same way but we can only blame the MANN or as it is now known as GrauMANN'S Chinese Theater! It's all their fault, they're holding us back from seeing the final Star Wars movie ever!!! Because of that, all the plans have been drastically changed for some of not most of the fans!!!!!

Maybe, after the dust settles, and having seen it several times, i'm sure, we can make arrangements to go see it together.....we'll pick a nutural location and all go see it at least once together....

just a thought!

12. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    Me (jilted)too...

13. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    It is unfortunate that we can't all see it together but I am sure we will see it together soon afterwards. I would see it with you guys but I really want to see it digitally first.

14. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    I'm sad we're not all going to see it together too. I'm not blaming anyone or any organization (LUn) on this.. it's just the way it happened. I feel guilty that I didn't buy tickets for everyone at the Arclight.. but I figured with LAFF people in Liningup.net, my dreams of us all seeing ROTS together were gone. So I just bought tickets for those whom I watched TPM and AOTC with. A while back I announced my intents of getting tickets independently (of LUn..well, at the Chinese Theater), and no one really said they wanted to join me. So I just got tickets for myself and my friends. I felt really selfish and bad that I didn't buy tickets for the rest of LAFF, as I could have. But I'm not a ticket horder, so I bought only what I needed. I'm sorry.. I'm sorry.. I'm sorry. I don't know what I'm sorry about because I didn't see anyone else in line at the Arclight.
    Anyway.. I hope we can all see ROTS again.. DIGITALLY.. after I get back from my wedding.

Love,
    Matt

EDIT - Also, the there was no time to find out who needed tickets because there was no announcement as to when the tickets were going on sale (although people in LUn what were in line in front of me at the Arclight claimed they new weeks in advance).. so when I learned that the tickets were on sale, I made a mad dash over to the theater to wait in line.

15. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    Even if we had planned a viewing in advance, the point JR made about the tickets going on sale without announcement would have created a problem regardless. This happened to many lines this year (I've checked out quite a few of their websites). I know for a fact that even many theatres got taken by surprise on the early tickets sales, and had to scramble to start their own sales.

So, we might have been in this situation no matter what. Honestly, look at all the planning the LUn did in advance, only to have complete disaster strike.

I'm grateful Matt did what he could. I'm doing what I can too. It's all good! And we should plan, in addition to our pre-dinner, a wrap-up meeting/viewing? as soon as we can after the first day. At least an unofficial HH to discuss ROTS!!!

I love you all, and will long after ROTS is gone. Let's focus on the positive: as near as I can tell, each and every one of us will have our bottoms in seats somewhere at midnight-o-one. We'll watch that Lucasfilm logo appear and scream. I'll feel with you all at that moment, no matter where I am, or where you are. You all have MADE my fandom worthwhile these past few years, and I firmly believe that we'll all be together in spirit that night.

May The Force Be With You All,
    JB

16. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
    Aww, that was really sweet, JB. :_|

It is good that we are all seeing it, even if we aren't all seeing it together. We can always do a group viewing once it's out on DVD!

17. Jiltedtoo

Nov 18, 2002
    DVD and seeing it a second time is not the same!

Damnit people!

So who is going where and at what times?

18. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    I will be at the Vista for the Midnight showing.

19. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I'll be at the smaller but Digital and THX theatre at the ArcLight.

20. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I'm at the Dome.

21. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    Arclight - Digital Presenatation 12:10am.. that's where I'll be.

DB gets to see it tonight! Lucky guy.

22. SoloJedi

Sep 10, 2001
    I'll be at the arclight BUT not for midnight....i'll be there for the 2 pm showing in the digital thetaer. i've never been there so i'm hoping it's good.

DB - Have fun and enjoy the movie tonight. Don't get yourself thrown out of the thetaer :D

23. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    Since my date is my mom, I highly doubt it will happen. (get thrown out)

I am very sorry to miss it with you guys next week. Bad timing, but decisions had to be made.

I am most excited about the after party.

24. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Yes, have a great time tonight D-B. If there are any extra goodie bags laying around grab them!

25. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Have fun, D-B and VK!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.