main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beltway Banthas podcast - A little politics with your Star Wars

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Stephen Kent, May 20, 2016.

1. Stephen Kent

Stephen Kent Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2016
    Soooo I tried something crazy and joined the Podcasting movement with my new show BELTWAY BANTHAS. The show is a normal Star Wars talk podcast but incorporates a love for politics and elections. On the show will interview politicians, reporters and policy makers about Star Wars.

We posted our first interview this week with Kristen Soltis Anderson: Republican pollster, author and contributor to CNN, FOX and MSNBC. She also has guested 2x on The Bill Maher Show. Kristen hosts a podcast called The Pollsters...HIGHLY recommend.

Would love your thoughts on this concept...strengths...weaknesses and if you listen...ways we can improve.

Thanks fellow space cadets!

Desarae.Lindsey likes this.
  2. Desarae.Lindsey

Desarae.Lindsey Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 18, 2016
    Two of my passions!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

3. Stephen Kent

May 20, 2016
    SO glad to hear that! hope you enjoy it!

4. Stephen Kent

May 20, 2016
    Hey y'all! The Beltway Banthas podcast in continuing it's pursuit of understanding the politics of Star Wars! This week we did an episode on how conservatives relate to Star Wars.

It's called "Dont Tax My Trade Routes Bro"

We discuss the key points of the article “Star Wars Politics Part Two: The Right Side Strikes Back.” How does the franchise reach out to and inspire conservative audiences? Did Star Wars take any inspiration from family values, limited government, and other issues on the political right?

Also on this weeks jam packed episode: We connect with our friend Michael O’Connor (@oconnoblog) on his article “Phantom Menaces: Star Wars Tribalism.” We also discuss the Women’s March and the presence of Princess/General Leia on the resistance and feminist signs, the new Episode VIII title The Last Jedi and much more. This extra long episode of Beltway Banthas is one you won’t want to miss.

[​IMG]

5. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    THREAD MERGE

In order to keep the forum as de-cluttered as possible I merged your two threads about this podcast. You are more than welcome to post about your podcast, but keep it in one thread :)
    Oh, I also updated the title of the thread to make it more clear what it's about.
    Good luck with your podcast!

6. Stephen Kent

May 20, 2016

Oh thank you so much! I appreciate it!

TCF-1138 likes this.