Richmond,VA A little pre-emptive notice

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by amaunet, Feb 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amaunet Jedi Youngling

star 3
    I have read through some very troubling threads (both public and private, that there is a possibility for serious changes on the boards over the weekend (including some troubling rumours that the FF may be closed down)

If this should happen, I will be creating a section for us on my website: www.holocronproductions.com

If you have any questions about any of this, please feel free to email, pm, im, email me (basicaly get a hold of me however you know how).

I hope it does not come to this, but I wanted to make sure that we still have a place to be as active as we need to be :)

Red
  2. DarthShona Jedi Master

star 5
    I'm glad you brought this up b/c I was thinking starting a thread about it myself!
  3. amaunet Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Yeah its getting more out there....so I thought that it was a great time to bring it up, now that it sounds like it may happen. :(

Thoughts on the matter?
  4. amaunet Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Further information:

So far there have been MANY mods demoted by the idiot that is in power. Many others have resigned because of this, few stayed...

if you would like more information on this, I recommend visiting the Communications threads and reading a couple of them.

If things do not get better, has threatened to shut the boards down for being too much trouble to him :rolls eyes:

Thoughts?
  5. Nave Jedi Youngling

star 1
    No thoughts here really, except its kind of sad but I can see why the mods are feeling this way.

Nave
  6. amaunet Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Well frankly it is a lot worse than "kinda sad". I am trying to find the full explination from the "co-owner" so that everyone can see what was really said.

I also wanted to let everyone here know that in case something happens, I have set up a segment of threads for the group on the Holocron Productions site (link above and in my signature)

The group is welcome to use this new segment of my boards to continue along, if the group as a whole would like to.
  7. Nave Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Hopefully it'll all turn out.

I don't frequent the boards much but I know a lot of people do and this is their primary boards and it would be like losing their online home basically.

Nave
  8. DarthShona Jedi Master

star 5
    Is there any idea when this stupid crap will be resolved?

BTW, amaunet, in your sig is "Commonwealth Cantina" FF Ric's name? ?[face_plain]
  9. amaunet Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Yes Commonwealth Cantina was the chosen name for the FF Richmond boards

As for when this will be resolved: not very soon. Most likely it will die down on here in the next couple of days, but will still be discussed between the mods and others close to it for quite a while. Unless our :sarcasm: Favourite person :end sarcasm: decides things are too difficult for him and shuts it down. Everyone is trying to keep things together, while preparing for the worst. IT is kinda reminding me of the Y2K stufff--which I hope it will turn out just like.
  10. amaunet Jedi Youngling

star 3
    It seems that things are winding down with this, some mods giving in to stay here and some leaving all together. You will also notice that some people have gone back to normal colours and back with the icons.

I have finally gotten the link that one of the mods pmed me (after saying that we should all be able to see some of the real details from the private mod boards if they felt that the private information gathering was going to effect everyone) to work and have posted PW's response to the questions and concerns of the mods on the Holocron Productions board's because the left-over mods will not allow it to be posted here.
  11. DarthShona Jedi Master

star 5
    Glad to hear this mess is coming to an end. :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.