main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga A Little Reassurance - Altenate Anakin's life from JQ #5 to Ep3/or 6 *New Part Added 01/04/04!*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Alixen, Mar 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alixen

Alixen Jedi Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    Hello all ^_^

Au ending to JQ #5 and will lead right on to past episode 3 hopefully

Sorry about the quality for the first half and the slight Obi-Wan bashing, I finished reading JQ #5 and was outraged the way Obi treated Ani at the end, so at 4AM I typed the first half and finished the 2nd half tonight

I do like Obi; I just didn?t like how he acted at the end of JQ #5 , so I wrote an AU :)

It will have a happy ending with a nice mix of mush, angst, and romance

Please comment, that?s my fuel for writing :D

---------

?Come, Padawan.? Obi-Wan?s tone rang with authority. Anakin?s hesitation cast a chill on his heart.

Anakin did not follow him.

Obi-Wan turned back to him, the anger he had been trying to calm returning full force ?I said Come Padawan?
    Then he noticed the tears falling down the youth?s face, the Padawan?s hands clenched at his sides.
    ?No? Obi-Wan couldn?t believe his ears, ?I must have misheard you Padawan, please could you repeat that, why was the boy crying? He was being harsh he knew but when Qui-Gon had done this to him he had taken the reprimands and pondered them, even if they had been upsetting.

?You heard me, I. Said. No!? Anakin was letting out deep sobs now, years of frustration and pain exploding outwards.
    ?All this time, hiding behind your stoic cold expression, you think I didn?t know you never wanted me? All I ever wanted was your Approval, I can count on one hand the amount of times you have said you were happy, let alone proud, of the way I?ve handled something.?
    Anakin pulled his lightsaber from were it had been resting and in one swift motion he slashed, right through his Padawan braid.

?I give in, I cant do this anymore, every time I act I get your disapproval, whenever I fail a task you set me, which is very rarely, I get your disapproval, whenever I do something good what do I get? Your disapproval!?
    The boy was shaking in a mixture of pain, anger and grief.
    ?Whenever something hurts or I need my master, the closest person iv ever felt as a father, you always brushed me off or I was too worried you would react how you always do and get upset at me, all I ever want is your approval and all I get is your disapproval, you talk of me not trusting you, trust is a two way thing, you never trusted me either.?

Obi-Wan just looked on with his usual stoic expression, at least he seemed to.
    ?I cant even remember the last time you said you cared about me, do you know how lonely its been? Do you know how it is to move from one slavery to another? When Qui-Gon said he would train me I thought id be free, finally my dream would come true, id be a Jedi and my caring master and I would form a friendship and small family, yet I get yet another task master that if possible shows less satisfaction with me than Watto did! At least he acknowledged my skills! All you ever do is criticize, never compliment, I know I make mistakes, I know im headstrong and I know I can be arrogant, you?ve told me enough! But what I know is that most Padawan?s my age had mostly the same problems, yet instead of helping you just berate me!?

?Nothing I ever do was good enough for you, I know you want the perfect Padawan, and believe me when I say iv tried to be, but it was never good enough for you, i am finished, I cant handle this pain anymore?
    Suddenly Anakin cried out, his Master simply winced as their already fragile bond was dissolved violently from Anakin?s end.
    Anakin looked for some trace of regret of pain on Obi-Wan?s face, but the man was just looking at him, his usual expression on his face, if a bit grimmer than usual.
    ?Goodbye then Anakin Skywalker? the older Jedi simply turned around and walked out of the hanger, inside he was seething in rage at the way his Padawan? no, that child had talked to him, how dare he? He had given up his best years to train him and had it thrown back in his face.
    But he knew he was only running away from the truth.
    Most of what the boy had said was true, not the things about not caring, of course he cared, the boy was like his Son, admitted

2. Dally

Dally Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    I like Obi-Wan too, but I was glad to see Anakin tell him what he thought. He had a lot of good points! This is shaping up to be a very good story.

3. Obi-Wan21

Obi-Wan21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2002
    Awesome story! I'm really enjoying this so far! Anakin's going to see his mother! Will the Tuskens have her or what? Can't wait for the next update!

4. anakin_girl

anakin_girl Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 8, 2000
    Good start--can't wait to see where you go with this. :)

5. Senator_Leia73

Senator_Leia73 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2003
    Usually I dont like Anakin. I think he is a snot nosed brat. But this time I really felt for him when he told Obi-wan how he felt. keep it up.

6. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
    Yeah in 5 obiwan was a jerk but sense then they have mostly made up in the books, i have all of them :)

7. diamond_pony2002

diamond_pony2002 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2002
    I like this one!!! This is awesome! I have all the JQ books that are out, but I haven't read any of them! But I've looked thorugh them and Obi-Wan is a jerk!

8. Alixen

Aug 7, 2003
    Dally- Thanks :)

Obi-Wan21- Wait and see young Padawan,m though remeber, this is a few years before episode 2

anakin_girl- Neither can i... um i mean, i ahev something speacial planned! hehe lol

Senator_Leia73- Sometimes he is but no ones perfect, he's the most 'human' of the starwars charactars iv seen :)

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl- They do? cool, obviously not enough though with what hjappens in Ep3 ;)

diamond_pony2002- Nah, he's just teaching on Qui-Gons example, and he wasnt exacly a star teacher :)

Im starting work on Post 2 :)

9. Alixen

Aug 7, 2003
    Anakin smiled at the speed he was going, he always enjoyed being in control of a fast vehicle, he could leave his troubles in the dust trail he left behind 'I?m coming Mother'
    He had been riding for ages, when he set out it had still been light; it was now a beautiful dusk. Not that he really minded, he was just anxious to see his mother again after all these long years, he could still remember leaving her in vivid detail.
    Suddenly the Force warned him of danger and he swerved his speeder bike into a skid break, leaping off just before a blaster bolt flew harmlessly were he had just been, he could see the Lars farm in the near distance, but no time for that, he needed to find the hiding place and identify his attacker.
    But he didn?t need to bother.

A tall female with a red tail on her otherwise bald head walked over a nearby dune she had been using sniping position and started slowly towards him, he could tell it was a scare tactic, 'Scare the poor fearful Padawan' he smirked, she didn?t know what she was dealing with, he didn?t need to be a Jedi to feel the hate and darkness radiating from her.
    In the distance he saw four people gathered outside the farm, alerted by the blaster shots that something was happening he could feel a mix of fear and slight anger from the small group, he also sensed a heart-warming and familiar presence among the people 'Mom!'
    The presence of his mother filled his heart with love and happiness, something he had been lacking since he had left his mother and then Padme, suddenly the force potential that he contained no longer frightened him as it had, and someone loved him.
    He faced the female threat with no anger, just determination.

The woman stopped ten feet from him, he could sense the farmers and his mother approaching tentatively 'No! This will be a battleground in minutes, it?s dangerous, don?t come!' he tried sending through the force but they still approached.
    "Who are you? Why did you attack me?" Anakin knew he'd have to get this over with as soon as possible, before the approaching family arrived hopefully.
    ?Aurra Sing at your service? She gave a mocking bow, Anakin?s eyes widened as they took in the lightsabers ?And I attacked you because I wanted to? She gave him a feline grin ?I?m going to enjoy gutting you Jedi whelp?

Anakin then realised who he was dealing with, his Master, no, Kenobi had once told him of an encounter with a Dark Jedi that he and Qui-Gon had once, she had murdered a fellow Jedi easily and had managed to briefly hold her own against the Master Padawan team before quickly escaping, he had also heard rumours amongst the Padawan?s of one of the Dark Woman?s old Apprentices called ?Sing?, she was supposed to be incredibly skilled in the Jedi arts, and with the Dark side powering her, she was one of the most formidable of enemy?s, even for Knights.
    As Kenobi would have said, Anakin had ?possibly? underestimated her.
    Then again, maybe he could use her hate to his advantage, a ?large? maybe but still possible.
    The farmers were around thirty feet away and had stopped, Good, they shouldn?t get in the way there, but he still heard his mother gasp as she saw him ?Anakin?!?

?Stay back, I?ll handle this.?

Anakin didn?t have time to say anymore since at that moment Sing leapt at him, sabres suddenly ignited, Anakin mentally berated himself for not noticing.
    His sabre was in his hands in an instant, parrying fierce blows, but he was stuck on the defensive, her twin sabres moving so fast that if he wasn?t blocking one he was blocking the other, he couldn?t win this and he knew it, no!, he had to win this, if he died what was to stop her attacking and killing is mother and the other spectators.

He suddenly leapt over her head in a flip, striking out at the same time, nicking her shoulder just enough that she yelled in pain dropping her left sabre, he hadn?t disabled her use of the arm but he now had the advantage.
    Using the Force he quickly used an extra forceful shove on the distracted fem fatal, knocking her through the air ten feet before landin

10. Vivid_Scripts

Vivid_Scripts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2004
    Very interesting so far, Alixen. Its nice to see you're mixing OT characters (Chewie) in with this PT story.

I have one complaint (its very minor though)- reading in blocks is kinda hard for me (and maybe for other people too) try to double space between all your paragraphs so that its easier to read.

very good story so far

11. Senator_Leia73

Dec 30, 2003
    Ani got to see his mom again! And they are probably going to go to Naboo. cool more soon. :D

12. Alixen

Aug 7, 2003
    Sorry about the blocks, lol i usually do write like you suggest but im currently writing a novel aswell and its in 'blocky' format, so its tranfering over to my fanfiction style aswell :)

I'll do mybest to remember to 'un-block' it :)

SL73- Uh huh, but what will be waiting for them on Naboo? and will they get off Tatooine without trouble? am i asking too many questions about my own fic? ;)

13. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    Interesting story so far, Alixen, I'm looking forward to more.

JD.

14. Senator_Leia73

Dec 30, 2003
    Those are good questions. I hope you know the answers to them. ;)

15. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    Very, very interesting! Looking forward to more.

16. Alixen

Aug 7, 2003
    JDH3- Why thank you, i shall be continuing as soon as my current Headache goes away, Owchi! :(

Senator_Leia73- Um... yea i know the answers *looks around nervously* 8)

Gina- Thank you, your wish is my command ;)

17. Jedi_Jessie_Anne

Jedi_Jessie_Anne Jedi Master star 3

Jan 4, 2004
    Nevermind. Saw your poll in the resource forum and was like "Aww, man!" Sorry, but I'm a sucker for A/P romances.

18. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I have enjoyed the JQ books as well, so it was nice to see a better ending. Good work!

19. Alixen

Aug 7, 2003
    Jedi_Jessie_Anne- Sorry :( while Anakin is my fav character i only bother with Padme because A:)She is Luke's mother B:) she still has a slim chance of buying herself a personality before episode 3....

VaderLVR64- Thank you, hope you keep reading after my next announcment :(

I know this is going to turn most readers off right away and im going to get hardly any readers/comments, just like with my Obi-Wan/Siri fic but..

The romantic coupling will actually be Anakin/Barriss Offee

20. Senator_Leia73

Dec 30, 2003
    I'll keep reading buddy! ;)

21. Alixen

Aug 7, 2003
    Thanks SL :D

22. Alixen

Aug 7, 2003
    I find it real hard to find the energy i seem to be wasting to post on a story none of the readers bother to UP ;)

Page 4 folks! :(

23. Alixen

Aug 7, 2003
    Here ya go everyone, i changed my mind about the coupling, im no longer sure... :)

Suggestions would be welcome, i may even ACK! make it a Ani/Padme..

-------------

As Anakin walked through the spaceport he could feel the disturbance in the force, someone was following him, and it wasn?t his new friend Chewie, then he suddenly could place what it was, the Jedi had found him.

He had undone the small Padawan tail that he had at the back of his head, but it didn?t do anything to change his appearance other than change him
    from looking like a Padawan to a fresh Knight, but his height had helped with that, these Jedi obviously knew him or had been shown a picture, which was the most likley.

He squirmed into a small crowd of being apologizing to the males and giving a tilting smile to the females, most of which gave him a lustful or
    Predatory look, and made him shudder, while he knew the affect that smile had on females he didn?t have that much experience at dealing with interested females.

After he got through the crowd he felt the irritation through the force of the Jedi who had been following him and he smirked, Siri Tachi and Ferus.

He himself had escaped the crowd with only being groped a few times, though he had been slightly shocked and incredibly grossed out when one of the gropers had been a male Rodian, he doubted Siri was fairing any better, being a beautiful woman and there being more men than there were woman in the crowd.

He used the force to hit one of the men in the group on the head, resulting in a free-for-all in the middle of the Port, the two Jedi were caught in the fight and with security on its way, he would be long gone by the time they could continue pursuit, though he would have to hurry.

Anakin: 1 Ferus: 0 he mentally counted with a smirk, he winced before he smirked harder when he felt Ferus's pain through the force as he received right hook in the nose, make that 2 to Anakin and -1 to Ferus.

He still had most of his Credits, he had spend barley any of them, plus if he traveled separately from the others he would likely keep danger out of their path, he would probably regret it later but the force was urging him towards the Shipyard connected to the spaceport, or was that just his natural love of ships?

Either way, he walked through the entrance to the Yard, quickly taking in all the different ships around the large area, assessing every one with a trained eye.

Then he spotted them, the first was a single man fighter, not able to fit a hyper drive into its small frame it connected to a separate hyper drive ring that was generally left in space unless the landing was for an excessive amount of time, he recognized it from the designs of the ?Jedi Starfighter? Obi-? Kenobi?s friend Garen had shown him, they both shared a love of flying, plus he felt amazingly drawn to it and he knew the force was telling him it was destined to fly it.
    It even had an R5 droid included so he could fly the second to the farm and program the R5 to follow.

The second was even more eye catching, though not as kind to them.
    A Corellian freighter, it was very beat up, but Anakin could tell from just a quick examination that it had a lot of hidden features, though fighters were more his style the force was urging him to buy this one also.

He had just finished looking at them when a tall man in a flight suit came striding out of his office, he walked in a way that he was undoubtedly the owner, taking in every detail for interest on Anakin?s face about the ships he had been looking at.

Anakin put on a look of calm disinterest that seemed to work, because the salesman visibly slumped, Anakin picked up a stray thought ?Oh no, if I don?t sell something she?s leave, ill never see the kids again..? he could feel the sorrow pouring from the man in waves, it caused him a huge jolt of guilt that he had even considered trying to cheat the man.
    Quickly doing some calculations in his head he figured that together the ships would be worth around 300.000 Credits, not too bad.

Putting

24. Jedi_Jessie_Anne

Jedi_Jessie_Anne Jedi Master star 3

Jan 4, 2004
    Hey, if you make it A/P, I'd definitely hang around...it's an AU, anyway, you don't have to make Padmé behave like she does in the movies...

Never did like Ferus...he seems so stuck up...

25. Senator_Leia73

Dec 30, 2003
    Hey great job Ani really knew what he was doing. I never liked Ferus at all. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.