main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends A Little Something - MMM Challenge. A Red & Dead special

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Klimt_Of_Tornesdal, Dec 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Klimt_Of_Tornesdal

Klimt_Of_Tornesdal Jedi Master star 3

Dec 8, 1999
    It's time for another MMM, and here's what I put together, although some may want me shot for this pairing. :p :p Just for the record, this is in honour of Thrawn McEwok and Lonewolf89, without whose inspiration this would never have been written. To quote the great Homer J. Simpson, it's still real to me, dammit! [face_mischief]

=====================================

A Little Something

Anakin stepped out to the curb and did his best to hold back the sigh of frustration he was feeling. It was the fifth establishment he had visited and he still hadn't had any luck in finding what he was searching for. He shoved his hands deep into his pockets and kicked at a small stone on the path in front of him as Corran caught up with him.

?Still no luck, huh?? Anakin shook his head without lifting his gaze, and Corran smiled to himself. <Ah, young love. So much fun.> ?I don?t mean to sound like I?m nagging, but maybe if you give me some idea of what it is you?re looking for, I can help you find it.?

?I can?t do that when I don?t know what it is I?m looking for.? Anakin said, a slight pleading tone in his voice. ?I?ll know it when I see it, but until then...?

?What about something simple? Some flowers, or maybe she has some music she really likes? I?m sure she?d be happy with anything you get for her.?

?Maybe, but just because she?d be happy with anything doesn?t mean I should get her just anything.? Anakin consulted his chrono. ?Look, we?ve got four hours before we?re due to launch. What if you head back to the freighter to get her prepped, and I?ll wander for a bit more.?

?Are you sure that?s a good idea? Fey?lya may have told your uncle we can come and go from Coruscant, but there are still plenty of people who wouldn?t mind if we were just gone.?

?I?ll be fine. I?m close, I know I am. I just...? Anakin shrugged, lacking the words to explain properly, and Corran nodded in agreement, clapping a friendly hand on his shoulder.

?As long as you?re sure.? He smiled. ?Don't worry, if there?s anyone that can find the perfect liberation day present for Tahiri, it?s you.? He turned and walked away, missing the despair flicker across the young man?s face.

<Tahiri? Ah, kriff it all, Now I gotta find TWO presents!> Continuing his stroll, lost deep in his own thoughts, he completely missed it as Corran stopped a few tens of metres away before turning back to follow Anakin, and pulling out a comlink.

?Whistler, I need a favour. Run a check on the ship?s systems and plot a course to our rendezvous point. I?m going to be out a bit longer keeping an eye on our junior partner.?

Whistler tweedled in response, and Corran tucked the comlink back into his pocket as he rounded the street corner...

#####################

Anakin passed by store after store, sparing each one a brief glance before moving on to the next.

<Books - yeah, like she?ll have time to read! Flowers - nah, everyone does that... fruit basket..? Nope, probably throw it at someone. Needs to be something she?ll remember... something special... something... from the heart... heart...?>

His eyes lit up as inspiration hit and he took a look around, really seeing for the first time where he was. As he got his bearings, a glowing sign caught his attention and he made his way across the plaza and in through the front entrance to find an elderly gentleman with a bionic implant for a left eye.

?Hello young master, how might I help you today??

Anakin leaned forward on the counter top with his arms. ?Well, I?m looking for a surprise for liberation day. I know exactly what I?m after now, I just need to find it. I need a little something special...?

################

Anakin paused in the hall and took a deep breath to steady his nerves before pressing the comm button, and he heard a familiar female voice tell him to come in. He patted the lump in his pocket reassuringly and entered the room.

?Hey, how are you feeling?

She smiled. "Tired, but I'm coping. What abou

2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Wow, that's a bit out of the box isn't it? Skirting the edges I think [face_thinking] I've always loved the mentoring relationship Mara and Anakin had in the Dark Tide duology... anything beyond that would be untenable on several fronts.

3. Darthrevan4ever

Darthrevan4ever Jedi Master star 6

May 3, 2008
  4. walker-of-minds

walker-of-minds Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 21, 2006
    toooo cuuuutee!

5. Kidan

Kidan TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 20, 2003
    A great little story!

6. Klimt_Of_Tornesdal

Klimt_Of_Tornesdal Jedi Master star 3

Dec 8, 1999
    Jade_eyes: Wow, that's a bit out of the box isn't it? Skirting the edges I think

I imagine that would depend greatly on one's point-of-view. [face_mischief]

Darthrevan4ever: very good
    walker-of-minds: toooo cuuuutee!
    Kidan: A great little story!

Thanks for reading guys, glad you enjoyed it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.