main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A local thread for local people ;) (Scottish Slang only please)

Discussion in 'Archive: Scotland' started by MOTs_Minx, Jul 25, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gav Daragon

Gav Daragon Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 25, 2000
    Christ the name of that first pub escpaes me just now but I know which one you mean. On Belmont Street. And now it's really annoying me.

The other place would have been the Works probably, but it's called Glow 303 now. And it's teh Wodka bar not Vodka :p

To be honest you cannot go wrong with the lemon tree mate. We was at a totally cool place once that had a band and the acoustics were amazing. I can't remember it just now either, and it's peeing me off.

Whatever you do, stay away from the Dungeon at Drakes (right at the top of the main street). It's a right dive, and I can't come to see you there after the fool I made of myself last time I was there

2. MOTs_Minx

MOTs_Minx Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 26, 2000
    //takes note of what Andy said about Glasgow

//hugs Andy

//glares at Malkie

//raises eyebrows at DD for saying that Glasgow has less snobs than Ediburgh

//sticks nose in air

I wuz a snob fae the 'Mulk!!!

3. MrDankDonk

MrDankDonk Jedi Master star 4

Mar 28, 2001
    Belmont Street --- right !!

was it 'cafe' something, or something 'cafe' ? aaarrgghh

yeah - Glow 303, that was it... not bad place... Lemon Tree is nicer....

Wat happened at the Dungeon - fightin' or vomitin' ??

4. Gav Daragon

Gav Daragon Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 25, 2000
    //laughs at "Margot"

Cafe Drummond!!! That's it :D :D

I got very drunk, started dancing about the pub like a fairy and screaming like a pnce and then stole my mates sorta ex [face_blush]

5. WastedWendy

WastedWendy Jedi Youngling

Jul 9, 2002
    *lol*

Gav - thanks for pointing out, that I might get lost in Glasgow. I will try not to!!! and I would love if somebody could tell me some nice pubs to go out in the evening... (and hell, I want to stay away from that tourist traps!!!)

Donk - you´re in a band? could it be that you will be playing in September? I would visit that gig.. :) Always love live bands.. what kind of music are you playing?

Wendy

6. malkieD2

malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2002
    /me gets glared at

Belmont Street eh ? *struggles to remember*. I think the place you are on about is called Cafe Drummonds. They have a stage at the back that looks out over Union Terrace Gardens.

They do good food at lunchtimes.

You are right, I have been away too long, but my line of work aint going to ring me back to Scotland.

Aberdeen keeps changing :( I can't keep up with the name and venue changes :( One thing though, the Lemon Tree is an excellent joint, and its survived through with no prolems. Lots of decent bands have played there.

Glasgow is lovely really, but I have more experience of Edinburgh (my mates went to Uni there). Glasgow has that interesting bar complex just down from George Square - its got about 4 theme bars under one roof. Know the one I mean.

If anyone is interested in an alternative tour of scotland check my website out for an interactive tour of Scotland. Its the tour I took my english girlfriend on last year. She's never been to Scotland before.

Do I get banned for advertising ?

Have a spy round my site if you like. Its really dull :) there are two secret hidden pages though. Whoooo.

/me goes back to pretending to be a scientist

Laters

M

7. malkieD2

Jun 7, 2002
    Has anyone looked ? Or have you all died of fright after looking at my pics ?

M

8. TK_Four_Two_One

TK_Four_Two_One Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 17, 2002
  9. malkieD2

Jun 7, 2002
    is that code for something ?

10. TK_Four_Two_One

TK_Four_Two_One Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 17, 2002
  11. malkieD2