main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends A Long Bethrothal(J/TK, Medieval World AU) UP 8/8

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by LeatherNeck, Jul 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LeatherNeck

LeatherNeck Jedi Master star 3

Mar 24, 2006
    Author: LeatherNeck
    Title: A Long Bethrothal
    TimeFrame: Extremely AU
    Summary: Jacen of Corellia and Tenel Ka of Dathomir grow up knowing they have to marry each other.
    Keywords: J/TK, J/J, A/T
    Notes: This story takes place in a late Medieval ear like world.

Prelude: Welcome to Terra.

The world of Terra is a very large and diverse place. The planet is very large for a

world and yet keeps a standard gravity(1 G). Sixty percent of its surface is covered in Water.

The forty percent of the Land is divided into one Continent and many sub-continents. The main

continent is known as Coruscant, here the most prolific species known as humans originated, in

prehistory there were land bridges to several of the dozens of sub continents, most notably

the Corellian sub continent, home of the Wookies from the Woods of Kashyyk, The Trandoshans of

the Red Desert. And the Tuskans of the Tatto Desert. Among the remaining land of the sub

continent, are the many diverse nations. In all nations on the shore are the cities of the

Sullustans and the Amphibian Mon Calimari, both peoples have long grouped together and become

formidable Naval powers. The remaining peoples are Human. In the Tatto desert are a few

sustinance farmers scratching out a living, usually to avoid the taxes and the enslavement of

the Nations. Next there are the Human Nations. There are over a dozen nations, and many

autonomous Principalities, such as Sacorra. The Largest of the Nations is Corellia, with it?s

Five Large terriotories: Corellia, Drall, Selonia, Talus and Tralus. It is the most populous

Nation on the Sub continent. Corellia is at the end of a large Gulf, the Nationless lands to

the North and South East serve as a buffer to outside invaders, at least in the past. Until

the Palpatine Empire Destroy the Republic on the Main continent, and absord two of the eight

major Sub continents. The Sub Continent of Corellia proved to be the extent of the Empire?s

power, there it engulfed two of the five territories, including the Capital territory

Corellia. Fortunately, Corellia?s negihbors were more willing to keep the Kingdom they knew,

than the Empire they didn?t. The City States of the MonCal/Sullustan Alliance broke the

Imperial Navy?s back While their Naval Allies were busy The Corellians enlisted the help of

the terrifying Rancor Riders of Dathomir, their Heavy Cavalry, and the Corellian?s own mighty

army smashed the weakened and slowly starving Imperial troops. The Palpatine Empire was later

defeated by the resurgench of the Jedi Military Order, which incited rebellion agaisnt the

Empire and destroyed both of the Death Star class Ship of the Lines the Empire built.

Palpatine himself died with the second massive ship. Since then the Nation of Corellia has

avoided the endless conflicts it had fought with its neighbors for centuries, keeping a wary

eye on the horizon.

Chapter One: An Unexpected announcement / The First meeting.

?I despise you, I really do.? The Kind of Corellia told the Prince Consort of Hapes.

?The feeling is mutual Highness.? The Prince Consort said. The King of Corellia glared at him, searching for a sign of disrespect.

?I want you to know, I wanted nothing of this deal.? Han Solo told Isolder.

?Nor did I.? Isolder said. Both men scowled and glared at their respective wives.

?Its happening Han so shut up ? Leia of Alderaan said. Isolder had a look that suggest he had dodged a bullet. He almost married that woman. At least Tenneniel ad the good grace to scold him in private. Isolder stared into the other room where his daughter sat on the floor playing with a toy of some sort. The other three children were the princes and princess of Corellia, the twins were older and found Tenel Ka to be an uninteresting object. The remaining child was so young he could not walk.

?Alright. Let?s discuss the dowry.? Han said starting the negotiations.

The announcment w as unexpected, in both lands. The nation o

2. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    Yay J/TK arranged marriage! Though the redesigning of the galaxy takes some very SW core elements away.

3. G__Anakin

G__Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2006
    This looks really cool!

4. TnTornado

TnTornado Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 10, 2006
    Aw man Leatherneck, this is a great story! I'm really interested in how your going with this!

I like how even though Jacen is being bullheaded and hating everything and everyone he still doesn't hate TK!

Great job, and post soon. Please add me to the pm list.

TnTornado

5. luminousneptune

luminousneptune Jedi Youngling

Jul 11, 2006
    Wow, this is a great story! Please put me on the PM list. =D=

6. LeatherNeck

Mar 24, 2006
    SilSolo: The force does exist in this fic, the different species are still serperate species. te difference is that instead of space ship, they have wooden sailing ship, and insted of blasters they have bows and arrows.

G__Anakin:I like to think so too.

TnTornado: Jacen's old enough to think ahead and not alienate the one person who feels the same way about being force to marry someone.

luminousneptune:eek:kay.

PM LIST:
    TnTornado
    luminousneptune

7. UnderCoverJedi

UnderCoverJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 19, 2006
    VERY interesting. I can see I'll have to follow this one carefully. =D=

8. Darkwriter

Darkwriter Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2006
    That's very neat! My friend would love this . . . she's into medievil stuff. Too bad she doesn't like Star Wars.

Anyway, I think it was very clever the way you set everything in "Terra" up. Tenel Ka's darling, and Jacen is, well, a ten-year-old boy. He reminds me of my brother. I love these "arrangement" fics.

Great post!

9. Valley_Lord

Valley_Lord Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2005
    Would that be 'terra' as in world or 'Terra' as in Earth(Since we use Greek and Latin so much for astronomy its Earth's official astronomic name, which makes us all Terrans.)

10. LeatherNeck

Mar 24, 2006
    On the first Day of Spring, the King of Corellia dispatched an entire division of his

combat engineers to Build the four tiered Defenses of Alderan. The City itself had been built

on an Island. The Large circular Island had a diameter of roughly Ten kilometers, and the

river surrounding it was at the narrowest(the West side, toward Corellia) just under a

kilometer wide, and nearly three kilometers wide on the East side(which faces Dathomir). As

with all defense systems they started from the Citadel outward. The very center of the island

is a large bluff rising two hundred meters above the River?s surface, here alone had

building?s survived the long bombardment of the Death Star. But after the bombardment the

Death Star sent it?s three companies of Imperial Marines to absolutely destroy every building

that remained standing. Now, two decades later only a few pillars and half crumbled walls

remained of the once proud city, the grassy island had long covered the scars the Death Star

had made on the island. The Royal Families of both Nations ascended the slope of the bluff and

together broke ground on the foundation of the new citadel. The Citadel would be built around

a already tall Whorshirr tree from the Woods of Kashyyk. The tree had been a gift to Han and

Leia at their wedding. It was considered a memorial to the fallen Alderaanians of the city and

since its pantation eleven years ago, it had grown over thirty meters tall. The massive trees

of Kashyyk were over a thousand meters tall, and in time the Great Tree itself would be a

fortress in of itself. They gave the tree as much room as possible to grow, making the Citadel

walls very widely spaced Guard Towers would be placed every fifty meters, fitted with canon

and trebuchet, the Area inside the Citadel Walls was the Palace, built with the knowledge that

the Great tree would slowly absord the area iside the walls over its long life, the built

every building near the walls, so that the palace encircle the tree and its courtyard. Beyond

the Citadel Walls, one kilometer distant were the Walls of the Inner Keep. Between the two

walls would be the majority of the city, the main residential and comercial districts would be

here. From the wall of the Inner Keep out to the edge of the island, was the City wall. Here

the towers would be packed with catapults and other close range artillery. Between the City

wall and the Keep wall would be the Industrial and comercials districts, as well as housing

for the poor. The final layer was a log boom, using whorshiir tree branches, which fall and

float down the river from the woods, using incredibly massive chains, the log booms made it

near impossible for a ship to approach the island without permission. The full construction of

the City would take generations, but the defenses could be built in twenty years.

The first Day King Han?s loyal stalewart, a wookie name Chewbacca, and several of his

brother Wookies assended the Great Tree and using planks and nails made an observation post

that ringed the trunk. Then they started making a hollow down the trunk near the edge of the

tree wide enough for a wookie to climb up and down. For the next two days they installed

ladder rungs in the hollow and carved slits every ten feet so one could see inside. When it

was completed on the Third day, The two Queens and the King and the Prince Consort assended to

the observation post, followed by the chief Architect and Engineer. From this vantage point,

the city began to take shape.

Back on the ground, Tenel Ka , Jacen, Jaina and Anakin were getting a lesson in
    fortifications from a whether one eyed Admiral. Jacen and his sibblings knew the man well, as
    Booster Terrik was a good friend of their father. They also knew his daughter Mirax and his son in law, corran, a Privateer whose letter of Mark bore the signature: Han Solo. It may seem odd to some that an Admiral would be so knowledge

11. LeatherNeck

Mar 24, 2006
    The next post will take some time, I'm about to go on a family vacation(my wife's family *groan*) So don't expect another post after the ninth or before the twentieth.

12. Darkwriter

Jan 28, 2006
    Ha, ha---Jacen likes a gi-irl!

Love your description of Jaina; it's so unbelievabley accurate.

Don't punish Tenel Ka! She's the cute one!

Great post! I loved it!

Janet

13. princess_of_naboo

princess_of_naboo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2000
    Please add me to your PM list. This story is very interesting.

14. LeatherNeck

Mar 24, 2006
    Sure, your one.

Here's a pic of the Citadel of Alderaan my brother drew(My brother is Valley_Lord if you didn't know that already).

[image=http://x18.xanga.com/b34a76700403271327436/b47991471.jpg]

EDIT: Change size settings

15. LeatherNeck

Mar 24, 2006
    My five month old son got sick, so I guess we don't have to leave yet(wipes forhead in releif), so I might get a post or two in while Jr. gets well enough for us to travel(not his name, just a nickname i gave him)

16. CassaSoloDaughterOfA

CassaSoloDaughterOfA Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 4, 2006
    Were you really a marine? I'm goin' out for Airborn Ranger.

17. Arwen_Djo

Arwen_Djo Jedi Master star 3

Jul 3, 2006
    This is a interesting concept. You've got me hooked.

18. LeatherNeck

Mar 24, 2006
    Arwen_Djo:Good, that was my intention.

CassaSoloDaughterOfA: Yeah, I joined the Marines in June 1998, and for the next three years I earned my Bachelors degree in Engineering(electrical)(I got almost a year of college done in high school) on my off duty hours, and so the Brass thought I would make a good Lieutenant, so I went through OCS and just finnished my first post as an Officer just in time for 9/11. My last two years of service were in Afganistan. I got sick of the Marines, as it had never been a career choice for me, my term of service came up and I left December 2004.

If you want to be a Ranger, thats good, but keep in mind, they still don't let women fight in combat units, so I suggest learning a good support skill(mechanics, medicine).

19. LeatherNeck

Mar 24, 2006

On the summer solstice, the first units of what would soon be a large, mixed Corellian-Dathomiri army arrived. Alderaan?s importance was not just its sentimental and cultural value, it was also the nearest defensible position on the river to the edge of Corellian territory. A mere fifty miles north, there were the Jagged blue mountains that protected Dathomir so well from any threat, save Corellia, But the strip of Mountain?s that so effectively protected them was only ten miles wide. It was possible to cross them, but not with an army. However, where the mountains ended(In Selonia, but the marshland that was the border of the territory made it unsuitable for a fortress.) The River was much shallower, and had several fords an army could safely cross. Beyond the marsh on the opposite side of the river, was the Desert of Tattoo. Alderaan was close enough to be in danger of raids by the Tusken Raiders. The Raiders had become more and more of a problem every year, they wrecked havoc in Northern Corellia and Eastern Selonia, to say nothing of the carnage they caused in the unclaimed lands to the north.

Interestingly, it was not a Corellian, nor a Dathomiri units that arrived first. It was a Regiment of Wookies. They were there to protect their brethren as they built the fortifications. The new unit soon joined the other wookies already there in construction. Jacen and Tenel Ka had to be present now, since Jacen was the only one there who understood Shyriwook.

Chewie and an older wookie argued, pointing on a place on the map. Reaching a point of impass they turned to Admiral Terrik. Booster, completely unaware of what was being said looked at the eleven year old boy.

?Itchy says that there is a dry stream bed running through the third wall. Chewie says they can just make a drainage gate, but Itchy thinks that will make it easier for an army to through the gate.? Jacen translated. Booster frowned.

?Where is the stream bed?? he asked. Itchy impatiently jabbed the map with his finger.

?There.? Jacen translated unnecessarily.

?Why is it dry?? Booster asked. Chewie woofed a long and complex reply.

?He says it?s the wrong season for water in that stream, in spring and fall it will be full,
    but in summer it is dry as a bone.? Jacen said.

?How wide is this stream?? Booster asked. Itchy and Chewie conferred.

?No more than four feet across and a foot deep.? Jacen said.

?Is there any way we can turn this stream into a Public works?? Booster said. The two wookies
    looked at another and spoke back and forth.

?Yes... but they would have to make a reservoir on the third wall.? Jacen translated. ?And
    there would still be the remaining stream below the third wall.

?That we can use as a sewage main.? Booster said. The wookies stared and then barked in
    laughter. Chewie said something that seemed to be in an admiring tone.

?You are very clever.? Jacen translated. Chewie rumbled at him.

?I?m not supposed to say those words.? Jacen said with his hands up to ward off the wookie.
    The wookie cocked his head and rumbled a question.

?Well if you want euphemistic expressions for obscenities, then ask Dad to send Scipio.

?NO ? Booster shouted and Chewie roared.

?That?s what I thought.? Jacen said. Booster chuckled.

?You?re getting devious sire.? he told Jacen.

?I have a good teacher.? Jacen said, making Booster?s smirk widen. The old Admiral shook his
    head as the two wookies walked off trying to decide the best way to devise the public works as
    they walked.

?Any way.? Booster said and got back to what he had been doing.

?In addition to that regiment of walking carpets, we?re getting A full Division of Corellian
    troops.? Said Booster, and then adding for Tenel Ka?s benefit.

?That?s three Brigades of Foot soldiers, armed with Swords, spears, or longbows. And at least
    one Brigade of Siege.? Booster explained.

?How many people is that?? Tenel Ka asked.

?Roughly fifteen thousand, give or take depending on how well individual commanders filled
    their ranks. The u

20. Arwen_Djo

Arwen_Djo Jedi Master star 3

Jul 3, 2006
    WOOT! First post. I'll be back!

EDIT

The whole tatoo thing was cool, I love how you discribed Jacen's. I wonder, will Han and Leia be upset that their crown prince just got himself a tatoo? The rancor pairing thing was neat. I'm glad they at least respect each other!

21. LeatherNeck

Mar 24, 2006
    Alright, Take your time.

22. Darkwriter

Jan 28, 2006
    Very nice!

The part that intrigued me the most was the exchange about names. Tenel Ka always insists that others call her by her real name, Tenel Ka, but I have to wonder if maybe her reaction to Jacen calling her the Corellian versions of her name is something more?

I also wonder about the part where Tenel Ka stands beside him opposed to the girls her age.

Lastly, I 'm glad to see them respecting each other. I suppose that spending so much time together adds to that factor. It's like how you just can't stay mad at your siblings.

Great post!

Janet

23. G__Anakin

G__Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2006
  24. LeatherNeck

Mar 24, 2006
    Darkwriter: One of the things about names(in this fic), is that Dathomiri names are not genderized(There may be Males with the name Tenel Ka), while Corellian names are. By adding the feminine ending, its insinuating that she is weaker than him. As far as the other children, they are not of the same social class as Jacen or Tenel Ka, and thus spurn them(Jacen and Tenel Ka), and are encouraged to do so. Part of Leia and Tenneniel's plan is to get them to ally, and turn to another through strength, and hopefully a loving relationship will develope between them. But they are not like siblings, I will get into the extra precautions the get into to keep them seperated enough to have a friendship, rather than a brother-sister relationship.

G__Anakin:...uh...good

25. CassaSoloDaughterOfA

CassaSoloDaughterOfA Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 4, 2006

Great Post,I like the whole tatoo thing.How old are they by the way,and which SW novels have you read?

P.S. About the Ranger buissness my uncle(ARMY Recruiter)filled me in on the whole thing,I was planning on being trained as one during BCT then for AIT a Mentel Health Specialist.My brother did the exact same thing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.