main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation A long time ago... and not knowing when

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Kir Kanos Jr, Nov 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kir Kanos Jr

Kir Kanos Jr Jedi Youngling

Nov 1, 2012
    We now know Episode VII will start with an original story.
    My speculation is that the "A long time ago..." could be the master trick of the future of SW movies.

The old republic spans over 250 centuries, and the post-legacy era is still a fuzzy vision.
    Even if they are going to make sequels, or post-ROTJ movies, does not mean the action takes place at a "when", we know from the EU.
    What if we dont know exactly when the Episodes VII VIII IX, sidestory movies and such take place ?
    What if that was the trick ? To not know. Except, maybe, in the end of the trilogy.

There are speculations they're going to make Phase-One sequels SW, a la Marvel. That's ok by me.
    All i want to know is if the last movie will fit without breaking the EU too much. N thousands years in the future would be great, not knowing when exactly.

2. LANDOROCKS

LANDOROCKS Jedi Knight

Oct 30, 2012
    Not a chance. The general public will want at the very least a very direct link to ROTJ and the OT in the first of the ST.

3. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    I disagree. Disney/Lucas wants to hook a new generation, not to do a rehash of movies from the 1970s. Only really hardcore fans would care about direct links, and we are going to be there come hail or high water.

4. LANDOROCKS

LANDOROCKS Jedi Knight

Oct 30, 2012
    You think?

I dunno, I can see Luke at the very least being the sage Jedi Master who is killed sometime in the first film, bridging the two trilogies and easing people into the new characters.

5. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Sure, I can see something like that (probably the droids), but I don't think it's going to be a priority of them. You have the direct link right there, in the title of the movie.

6. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    Whatever it is I'm sure it will somehow close up the Skywalker storyline.

You received this Ninja message from Tapatalk

7. Athiest_knight

Athiest_knight Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 31, 2012
    If they go a 1000 years in the future with the new story, I'm sure the Skywalker name will be mentioned by the Jedi's of that time. There will be a statue of him and archives.

8. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    I do not expect this to be a direct sequel at all. Completely original means new characters in a new situation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.