main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A long time ago....

Discussion in 'Archive: Milwaukee, WI' started by Mauler_II, Apr 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mauler_II

Mauler_II Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2002
    Given the upheaval here lately I though it might be a good time to point out that we have just passed our first "anniversary" as a group.

Hereis one of the first threads that was started when we first got together. It is quite interesting to go back and take a look at where we were then and where we are now.

Given the fact that the next SW movie doesn't come out for the next two years, I think a bit of controversy here is not an altogether bad thing. It keeps things interesting(IMHO). I think Jeff's idea of a big meeting is a great idea. I have a big yard here and could have people over in the May/June timeframe. I think we need to do this earlier rather than later though.

Lets start throwing around some dates and places!

2. solo414

solo414 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2002
    Anything after May 18th works for me! This is a great idea, the big meeting. We don't have enough of them.

3. marajoan

marajoan Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 3, 2002
    I agree, Dan. We need some face to face fun and then we deal better with each other. Saturdays are hard until June unless we start after 2or 3pm. Sundays are always good now.

4. TheWampas1138

TheWampas1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    Some fun would be much needed in many ways. When we find a place/time/date, we should start a grocery list of what to bring. Should we shoot around the world again like New Years? Oh..wait, probably not a good idea no?

Anyway, this is exactly what we need.

Thanks Dan.

M

5. SoloYT1300

SoloYT1300 Jedi Youngling

May 5, 2002
    I agree about the grocery list...the last "big" meeting there was way too much food. To the point of of just not having enough room.

6. jedisister

jedisister Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 1, 2001
    Before the last weekend in May or after Memorial weekend would be good for me. Good idea Dan.

7. TwistyMaeSkywalker

TwistyMaeSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 3, 2000
    Before the end of may, or after mid-June for me. Pesky Europe trip. ;)

8. bwing53

bwing53 Jedi Master star 3

May 7, 2002
    It looks like mid-June is going to be the way to go, Dan. School will be out and work schedules will ease up for most people, I think. I want in on helping you out with logistics--we'll talk.

Jason

9. Mauler_II

Mar 13, 2002
    OK - it looks like the date is going to be June 21st at my place in Muskego. Everyone is welcome to come. Bring the carion of your choice and I will burn it over some flames. I will try to have a volleyball net up and there are also several baseball diamonds near by.

If you need directions send me a PM and I will provide them.

I hope to take care of business as quickly as possible and spend the rest of the day having fun.

Please RSVP via PM by June 14.

Since this is to be "official" feel free to post this on the main forums. Please do not give out my address or phone number - if anyone needs it they should PM me directly.

10. jedisister

Dec 1, 2001
    Had to be the 21st, didn't it! Oh well, I don't think I'll be able to make it. Oisin is dancing with her Irish dance school for an all school recital fundraiser, Rhapsody in Blue at 2 pm. What time is this shing dig gonna be? Maybe I can make it out later.

11. Mauler_II

Mar 13, 2002
    From around 1 PM until (I would imagine) around 2-3 AM.

12. que4zone

que4zone Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 7, 2002
    Ohh.. Finally... Claire and I are planning on coming. We haven't really had a chance until now to attend anything. So, expect myself, Claire, and my other grrlfriend (G4 PowerBook). Hehe..

Later...
    DaNiEl
    [que4zone]

13. jedisister

Dec 1, 2001
    Hmmm...Well, I'll try to make it. But, I can't commit since after Rhapsody, there will be relatives and so on...I'll try though, I'd like to see everyone again...

14. TheWampas1138

Apr 2, 2002
    Marcy and I will be there. We'll try to think of something to bring, maybe chicken or something.

Dwayne

15. A_New_HopeLily

A_New_HopeLily Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 29, 2002
    Catie and I will be attending. We'll bring the usual, and some swissbrats :) NUMMY!

Cally

16. Outlander_

Outlander_ Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 11, 2002
    We'll be there too. We'll bring some sort of meat substance.

17. Auraveda

Auraveda Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 5, 2001
    I'll be there, as will Tom. And I'll bring some sort of non-meat substance to grill, and possibly either some chips or a side dish of some sort.

18. Mauler_II

Mar 13, 2002
    Just a reminder to please let me know this week if you are coming or thinking of coming.

19. Idaara

Idaara Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 29, 2002
    I'm in (working around my cousin's graduation party). Please PM me directions.

20. TheWampas1138

Apr 2, 2002
    We're in. Not sure if said as much early on but we're in.

M

21. solo414

solo414 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2002
    I'm in. (I'll be leaving early and possibly heading back depending on time.)

22. LauedGiind

LauedGiind Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 4, 2002
    Well, it seems like everyone is going to be there so I guess I will come too. It will be nice to meet new and old faces. I'll bring my poultry.

23. Skywalker1138

Skywalker1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2002
    If the 21st is a weekend I might be able to make it, but it'll be last minute. In July I'm going to be in Pennsyl. and June I've got a few trips outside of the city but am not sure yet about the 21st. MTFBWY

24. bwing53

bwing53 Jedi Master star 3

May 7, 2002
    Maureen and I are in. I volunteer for grill detail, if needed.

Jason

25. jedi_kiss_rock_

jedi_kiss_rock_ Jedi Youngling star 1

May 12, 2002
    greetings
    I apologize for lack of attendence as of late. (family buisness) I was wondering if we byob or are we each bringing something to share? Not sure if this was clear or not.

On a different note i live in west bend and would directions as well please , i will im you for them. Adding to that the damn flight show is right next to me and is driving me crazy.... ahhhhhhhhhhhh

Well i ope to see jason grilling his brats again and have a lil bon fire. What movies are we watching(besides ep 1 2 4 5 6)?
    somepeople might like a lil variorty(sp).

till then
    May the Force be with you always

jedi_kiss_rock_

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.