New Hamp A LONG TIME AGO....

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Baron_Soontir_Fel, Mar 31, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Master

star 4
    With the impending release of the OT DVDs in the fall, I thought that I would take us all back to that galaxy far, far away. What I had in mind was getting your feelings, thoughts and responses to certain parts of the films. What did you picture in your mind when you first heard about certain things?

The first subject I would like to cover is Luke's father, Anakin. More specifically, when you saw A New Hope the first few times, what did you think Luke's father was like? The vision I formed in my mind while Obi Wan talked about him was a tall, kind, and well liked guy. A highly skilled and daring pilot of course, and a great leader. I pictured him and Obi Wan having this great and close relationship, more peer-like than master to student. Definately not the way it is portrayed in the prequels, where they seem like a pair that has been married too long and constantly squabble.

Is the prequel Anakin the way I first invisioned him? Not in the slightest. Do I understand the reasons why GL wrote him that way? Yeah, I can. Maybe Ep 3 will have Anakin closer to how I pictured him, and from what I have seen and read so far I think he might.

Now I ask the rest of the Mandalorians to share your thoughts on Anakin. I plan on visiting the whole Darth Vader as Luke's father at another time, so I would like to keep discussion to Obi Wan's description of him.

Next topic after Anakin... the Clone Wars!!
  2. Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Master

star 4
    I would have to agree with you on your thoughts of the relationship between Obi-Wan and Anakin. I thought that the young boy from Tatooine would be much more civil minded and open to his training at the Jedi Temple than the more arrogant Anakin shown in the PT but I can also understand why GL went that way as the acceleration of the portrayal of his anger would be necessary to show the transformation of Anakin into Vader within the two movies left in his trilogy.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.