main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends A long winding road Updated Saturday May 29th 2010 OCs A/P L/L/H

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Falcon, Aug 30, 2008.

1. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002

Taking place the day after the death star blows up.

It's been awhile since I wrote about this character I developed 6 years ago as a rp character.

I do not own star wars as I do this for fun and do not make any money.

Story: A long Winding road
    Author JediFalcon

Characters

Leia Organa
    Luke Skywalker
    Fress Colias
    Jess Shern
    Mon Mothma
    Han Solo
    Chewbacca
    Wedge Antilles
    Krix Madine
    And a few others.

Fress Colias stood outside the circle of the rebels as they celebrated the Emperors death, the Alliance had won a big battle that would begin the long road to restoring the Republic. Memories of the past threatened to tear her apart, memories of her former master Anakin Skywalker turning to the darkside betraying the Jedis trust. She closed her blue eyes fighting back the tears that threatened to fall. Facing Vader alone wasn?t the brightest idea, but she had to try, in the end she realized she wouldn?t be the one to bring Anakin back that it would be left up to Luke in the end. Vader let her live, from then on she knew that a piece of Anakin Skywalker remained buried underneath the darkness that had overrun his soul. Fress looked up in the sky and watched as an Imperial Shuttle flew low just above the treetops heading towards the other end of the forest. Reaching out in the force she felt Luke?s presence on the shuttle, she felt his emotions and knew he had brought what was left of Anakin Skywalker back for a proper burial. Fress suspected he would burn the body. She walked to the nearest bridge that crossed over to where her speeder lied in wait. Jumping over the edge of the bridge, she used the force to slow her rapid decent towards the hardened earth down below. Her feet hit the ground bending down to one knee, standing up she ran towards her speeder and jumped on. Reaching down she pushed a button feeling the speeder come to life beneath her as the speeder hovered above the ground, she turned her speeder in the direction she seen the Imperial Shuttle had flown towards and gunned it.

Feeling exhilaration rush through her as she sped through the trees weaving in and out barely avoiding hitting the huge trunks, she smiled grimly to herself, Yoda would?ve hit her hands for feeling excitement rush through her. ?Excitement, Adventure, a jedi craves not these things.? She heard Yodas voice in her head giving her one of his lectures about her recklessness. Its what gotten Anakin into trouble, its almost what got her into trouble as well. She resisted the temptation to shake her hands feeling the imaginary slap of his gimmer stick, turning her attention back to what she was doing, she knew one wrong move and she would be dead at the speeds she was moving the speeder bike at. She saw the smoke before catching sight of the Imperial Shuttle, bringing the speeder to a gentle stop, she set it down beside the Imperial Shuttle and slipped off the seat. Walking towards the fire, she caught sight of Luke standing in front of the pyre watching the flames lick away at the remains of Anakin Skywalker. Biting down on her lip she stopped by Luke?s side. Tears formed in her eyes threatening to send her over an emotional brink.

As the sky grew darker, the flames turned into red ambers as the fire died down. Luke spoke breaking into Fress?s thoughts for the first time since she arrived. ?I knew you would come.?

Fress didn?t look at Luke, she felt surprise rush down her spine, did Anakin tell him about her? ?I?m sorry I couldn?t tell you earlier, but I made a promise to Obi Wan about never approaching you until the time was right.?

?Father.? Luke began but stopped, Fress could hear the strain in the younger mans voice, she knew this was hard on him, Luke found his father just in time to lose him again. ?He told me about you before he died.?

?If there?s anything you want to know about your father, don?t be afraid to ask.? Fress offered with a grim smile, Luke nodded in turn as he turned his attention back to the pyre. ?Father died saving me from Palpatine?s wrath, that?s when

2. dancing_star

dancing_star Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2007
    Ooh, I like it so far! :cool: [face_dancing] I'd love to be on the pm list if you're keeping one! [face_batting] I hope you update again soon! You have a great start!!
    =D= =D= =D= =D=

3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Very well done. YOur OCs fit right into the storyline. :) =D=

4. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Thanks dancing_star. I've always wanted to attempt to write Fress in at this point in time. I've never attempted it before so it should be interesting to see which way this goes.

Thankies :D

I do have an update in progress. Should be up either tonight or tomorrow. Thanks for reading :)

5. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    --------------------------------------------------
    Fress looked everyone in the eyes gauging their reactions, but only saw pity and understanding about her situation. She never did reveal who her master was, feared of bringing Luke out of the dark into the light before it was his time to know the truth. To share the burden Anakin had put on his family. She had taken on that burden, Jess had offered in the past to share the burden but she refused him outright. She wasn?t sure why she had refused but it felt right to deny him that. She knew it was out of concern for what she was going through at the time.

?So that?s why you never spoke about your master much.? Mon Mothma broke the silence and Fress could not mistake the understanding in the senators? eyes. ?But what I don?t understand is why you didn?t tell us in the beginning.?

Fress bowed her head, trying to figure out how to answer Mon Mothma without revealing too much, deciding to go on another half truth and half lie was best at the moment. She really did fear back then what would happen if they found out who her master was that they would push her out of the rebellion. ?I feared that you would outcaste me due to my relations to Vader.?

?Master Colias, you have been with this rebellion from the very beginning and never compromised us once and I have no doubt in my mind on where your loyalties lye.? Ackbar spoke up from General Madine?s side who nodded his head in agreement.

Fress nodded with a smile knowing that they could never push someone out because of her relations to Vader, she had proved from time and time again on whose side she really was on. You never can go on relations alone but how that person is perceived by the things they have done. Where had she heard that quote before? An old Jedi Metaphor? It took the right person to understand that quote and take it to heart, they had let Imperials come into the rebellion camp after they realized for what the Empire was and stood for.

?I realize that you put yourself between a rock and a hard place. It must be difficult to fight against someone who you loved and respected, then to find yourself on opposite sides of the enemy line.? Mon Mothma said with a frown.

Fress nodded with a sad smile. This was going better then she originally pictured, she feared they would back her up against a wall and shoot her, which could be the case if others in the Alliance heard about her relations. She sighed, there would be a lot of anger to deal with if it leaked out further then it already had. She wished Jess was by her side at this moment, but knew Wedge was in danger and needed Jess?s assistance more, her feelings came in second at the moment, she could feel Wedges terror and pain through the force as if a star was threatening to go super nova. She prayed that Jess got him clear from what ever was going on that was causing him that pain.

Deciding on whether Fress could help from the bed or not, she closed her eyes and connected up to Wedge through the force, she felt Jess?s concern about intercepting and pleaded with her to stay in bed and let him handle it. She felt Jess could handle it but she felt she needed to help for fear of the situation getting quickly out of control, Wedge was her friend too and she didn?t think she could lose another friend so soon. Asking permission to enter Wedge?s mind, she saw through his eyes on what he was holding onto, Wedge was trying to keep the two apart, if they collided, the explosion was enough to take out a star cruiser engine. //Jess eject your lightsaber into space, I know what needs to be done.// She felt Jess acknowledge her order as she felt along the space searching for the lightsaber as she found the lightsaber and closed the distance towards Wedges x-wing she quickly added. //While your at it, block his pain.// She ignited the lightsaber locating the button. She heard Jess?s voice come over the comlink as well as through her mind over the force bond. ?Wedge on the count of three eject from your fighter.?

Wedge nodd

6. dancing_star

Feb 24, 2007
    Ooh, wonderful update! :D And I'm so glad to hear Luke's expected to be okay!! [face_dancing] I'm really looking forward to more!! :)
    =D= =D= =D= =D=

7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Super update. The plot is thickening LOL ;)

8. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    You're writing! (I want PMs. :) Also, nudge for you: More!)

So far... like it. (review a'commin... homework first, though...)

9. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Thank you :) More should be coming soon.

I'm going back to writing fics, my mind went hiatus two years ago. lol Thanks glad your enjoying it :)

10. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Not sure how I missed this! :oops: PLEASE put me on your PM list!

=D=

11. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002

Heres more

---------------------
    Jess sat down beside Leia as both Leia and Han nodded in unison. Jess smiled looking at Leia?s features noticing that most of them came from Padme, the brown eyes, the hair, the height, her facial skin. The chin and jaw line looked more like it came from Anakin. ?What would you like to know??

?Who was my mother?? Leia questioned with a frown.

Jess closed his eyes and smiled in fond memories of Padme Amidala. ?Her name was Padme Amidala, she reined as Queen for Naboo when she was fourteen years old and served as a senator for several years after that.?

?What was she like??

Jess thought back to a time that was slightly more peaceful, less heartbreak and drama. He looked up to Padme like a role model for a mother he never got know. Like all Jedi he was brought into the temple within the first six months of his life.

Jess stepped into the kitchen where Padme was preparing a dinner for the three of them, he didn?t want to stick around for long but he needed to know something before tomorrow. ?Padme, do you have a minute??

Padme wiped her hands on her apron, she turned around and smiled, ?Sure what?s on your mind??

Jess held out the box, ?Fress?s birthday is tomorrow and you know more about girls then I do.? Jess looked away blushing slightly as he thought about Fress. ?I bought her this, and I?m wondering what you think.? He opened the box, sitting on the black felt was a silver gem, that was the right angle cut and size for a lightsaber.

Padmes smile grew wider, ?Jess I think its good gift, as long as you go with what your heart tells you, you can never go wrong.? She stepped forward giving Jess a hug.

Jess looked at Leia and Han who where waiting patiently for him to answer, he noticed he was smiling, not something he got to do very often these days. ?Kind, caring gentle, always willing to help strangers, she was also stubborn and had a tough exterior when it came to battling in war. Like your father had knack for getting into trouble.?

Leia cringed at the mention of her father, ?what did she look like??

?She was on the shorter side, slim build, but was tough as nails. Skin was like porcelain, brown hair, brown eyes.? Jess answered simply, ?in fact,? he continued speaking reaching into his pocket he produced a holo cube. He flipped through the pictures and paused it with Padme in it. He handed it over to Leia who accepted it with a smile. ?This is your mother.?

Jess watched Leia studied it intently, he saw tears in the corners of her eyes. ?If you want I can have the picture duplicated.? Leia nodded yes as she flipped to the next photo and froze. ?Is that Fress?? Jess nodded, ?who is the man she is with??

Jess bit down on his lip and looked at the floor, Luke knew that Fress was Anakins apprentice but Leia didn?t know yet. ?He?s your father before everything happened, Fress was his apprentice.?

Jess watched Leia?s face turn to one of horror as she stared at the portrait. Tears ran down her cheeks, Anakin was a very good looking guy, every girl they ran into that didn?t know him always checked him out. Jess nodded as Leia flipped to the next picture, the one that showed Padme and Anakin holding hands looking into each others eyes. Tears continued to flow down Leia?s cheeks as she stared at her parents together. The picture had caught their love for one another. ?How could it happen? They loved each other and this is how fate treats them.?

Jess shook his head knowing the answer to that question. ?Palpatine and his promises is what happened.?

Leia shook her head hitting the button again, the next one showed Anakin and Padme in the back with Jess and Fress standing in front of them holding each other in a lovers embrace, Anakin had a hand on Fress?s shoulder as Padme had a hand on Jess?s shoulder. Anakin and Padme where smiling proudly. She flipped to another picture

12. dancing_star

Feb 24, 2007
    Aww, heartbreaking update, :_| but beautiful job!! :) @};-
    Looking forward to more!! [face_batting]
    =D= =D= =D= =D=

13. DaenaBenjen42

May 15, 2005
    I found your previous stories a while back with the Link machine. (That thing so rocks.) :) Glad you're back from hiatus, JediFalcon.

This update... woah. Now that's a revelation, isn't it? Wow...

update good... more?

14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Wonderful update. =D= Great blend of reminiscences and flashbacks. I like Jess and Fress more with each update. :D

15. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002

Thank you :)

So you read my fics? Cool :)

Thankies :D :)

16. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    -----------------------------------
    Fress felt Jess stiffen watching as a doctor came in with a concerned frown, Fress pulled away and watched the doctor with curiosity stretching out with the force looking for any kind of deception coming from him. She noticed that he was trying to hide something in his back pocket. ?Princess, Luke should be fine, he?ll need 6 weeks of bed rest, he will recover.?

?What happened to him?? Leia asked in concern.

Fress shook her head looking at the doctor, ?Palpatine tried to kill him aboard the death star with force lightning, Vader intercepted Palpatines attempt to kill Luke. The force lightning has dire effects in the body causing mini micro seizures all over his body. A sever drop of minerals has always been the result.?

?Vader saved Luke??

Fress nodded as the doctor turned towards her with a frown as Jess looked from Fress to the doctor. ?Hello doctor, what can I do for you?? She asked slowly backing away towards the door, she had a feeling he was here for more then one thing, first was to explain Luke?s condition, secondly the doctor was here for her as well.

?Fress what did you do?? Jess questioned with suspicion.

?Do what?? Fress asked trying to look like an angel, won?t work she thought while continuing to smile sweetly, Jess knew her and her antics too well.

?Your not fooling me Fress.? Jess said as he walked towards her with a look Fress had trouble identifying.

?Commander, someone on my staff is new and was asked to sedate Fress, but no one warned her of the General?s force abilities or Fress?s ability to perform mind tricks. The nurse is sedated in Fress?s place.?

Fress looked over at Han who was trying to suppress his laughter but was failing miserably which earned a glare from Leia, ?Fress didn?t you and Mon Mothma have a talk about getting the med staff into sedating themselves instead of you?? Leia asked with a frown.

?Maybe.? Fress replied with a smirk, she was almost home free but Jess on the other hand may try and keep her pinned with the force. She made her presence disappear so he couldn?t find her in the force.

?General, we need to talk.? The doctor said sternly.

Fress watched as his hand moved into his back pocket, she knew exactly what that talk entailed. ?Would love to stick around for the lecture doc but I have other things to attend to.? Fress said slipping past the doctor and out the door before he had a chance to tranq her. Fress ran towards the war room as she heard Jess ask for the tranq, she knew Jess would come after her, and most likely succeed where the medics have failed. As she approaches her destination, she slowed her pace and casually strolled into the war room as Madine frowned in her direction. ?You should be resting.?

?What about that message?? Fress asked quickly trying to change the subject. She noticed Mon Mothma was watching her intensely, which made Fress wonder if the doctor already told Mothma about the stunt she pulled earlier.

?They ran into some complications and are taking precautions causing it to take a little longer then usual.? Madine replied with a smirk. She knew that smirk, it meant Jess was walking right up behind her. Fress couldn?t feel Jess through the force, which told her he was hiding his presence as well. Turning around she backed up making her way around the table. ?Hello Commander, this is a private meeting.?

Fress looked at Mon Mothma who shook her head no, ?Commander you may stay.? Fress shot Mothma a look of betrayal as she continued to work her way around the table, she stopped when she realized Jess wasn?t going to attempt to chase her, instead he was waiting for her to walk around to the other side of the table right into his waiting arms. ?I can wait all night if I have to Fress.? Jess said showing her the tranq in his hand. ?We can do this the easy way or the hard way.?

?I prefer the hard way.? Fress answered with a smirk as she looked at the alliance leaders who where watching her with interest.

?Fress we already had this ta

17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Fress pulled a neat trick on Madine ;) Aha!!! So the Bakura mission begins-- with Jess (and Fress I'm sure) along. Guess Gaeriel's gonna show up. [face_thinking]
    This gave me a complete ROFL moment:
    ?Back on Hoth just to spite me Leia kissed Luke fully on the mouth. Luke looked like he enjoyed it too.?

?Any tongue involved?? Jess questioned in curiosity beginning to chuckle, he couldn?t help it, it was just so funny and ironic that Luke and Leia would
    feel some kind of emotions for each other and not really know why they felt those emotions. Luke and Leia looked away from each other.

?Oh my.? Mon Mothma said giggling a bit.

?I take that as a yes.? Jess said laughing himself, tongue involved, maybe those emotions they felt went beyond sister and brother, though he suspected
    that Leia had feelings for Han ever since they met and they denied each other those feelings for the longest time. ?Don?t worry, you two didn?t know at
    the time.?

Huggles!!

18. dancing_star

Feb 24, 2007
    [face_laugh] Me too! That was hysterical!!! :oops: [face_laugh]
    Wonderful update!! :)
    =D= =D= =D= =D=

19. DaenaBenjen42

May 15, 2005
    She resisted the temptation to shake her hands feeling the imaginary slap of his gimmer stick, turning her attention back to what she was doing, she knew one wrong move and she would be dead at the speeds she was moving the speeder bike at.

That was a good touch... the memory is so vibrant that she wants to jerk away from an imaginary stick. Liked that.

The emotions and memories began to subside as the embers in the fire died down and began to smolder.

Wow...

Not letting Luke fly... very, very good call.

And Fress's story is just heartwrenching. To go through all of that, and still feel grief at his passing... and well done on the message canister ship thing.

Liked Jess telling Leia about her parentage. :)

?Taking prisoners is odd.? Ackbar said.

You don't know the half of it, Sir.

It's Bakura! They're going to Bakura!

Good post. :) (More, please.)

20. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Finally caught up! :D [face_dancing] I love this story more with every word I read.

=D=

21. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002

Thanks, and yeah Fress is a bit on the stubborn side isn't she?
    Leave it to Han to bring up an embarrasing memory :p
    Huggles back :)

Thank you :)

Thank you thank you :)

More to come soon

22. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Heres more

I want to thank DaenaBenjen42, shes begun beta reading the chapters for me :)

--------------------------------
    Startled out of his sleep, Jess?s eyes snapped open hearing something close to his ear, as his mind focused, he recognized what had brought him out of his sleep. There was an annoying beeping sound in his room, and it suspiciously sounded like it was coming from his nightstand. Sighing, he reached up and rubbed sleep out of his eyes. Glancing over at the clock, he noted with dismay it was going on 0300, the beeping sound continued, his comlink demanding his attention. Cursing under his breath he reached over and flicked it on. ?This better be worth disturbing my sleep.?

?I?m sorry for waking you sir. Commander Skywalker is holding a meeting in his room and has requested your presence.?

?I?ll be there,? Jess answered, then shut off his comlink. This better be good, Jess thought to himself shrugging the sheets off while sitting up in bed, swinging his legs over the bedside he reached for his shirt hanging off the backside of his chair and brought it down over his bare chest.

As Jess finished tugging on his boots, he listened through the force for any signs as to what was going on, he found Luke?s presence and felt distress coming from the kid. Standing up, he ran out the door.

Jess entered Luke?s room at a much slower pace than he had been walking a few minutes ago. He looked around and noticed a couple of things, one, the alliance leaders where there ahead of him making Jess suspect they either slept in their clothes or never went to bed yet, or there was the chance he was the last one to find out about this meeting. Two, Luke was already explaining things.

Jess crossed his arms over his chest and leaned against the wall focusing on, Luke who was just finishing wrapping up about why he had called the meeting. Jess didn?t know what the meeting was about but he was sure he would find out very shortly.

?So you?re saying that Master Kenobi and Master Skywalker approached you an hour ago telling you it?s the will of the force for you to go the Bakura system?? Mon Mothma questioned in disbelief.

Jess shook his head with a frown, was it possible for Anakin and Obi-Wan to lose their minds when they crossed over to the other side of the force? Luke was in bad shape and running around the galaxy in his condition was a bad idea. There must be a reason.

?Luke, you?re in no condition to go.?

The voice sounded familiar to Jess causing chills to run down his spine, he looked over to see who had spoken, despite the doctors reassuring Jess that she would be knocked out, there was Fress standing in the doorway looking at Luke with a disapproving frown.

?How did you slip your nurse this time?? Jess questioned feeling suspicion enter his mind. Was it possible that Luke wasn?t the only one who was visited tonight?

?I didn?t. Anakin manipulated everything for me by causing the drugs to be passed through my system quicker then originally planned, he came to me in my sleep telling me that Luke has to go. The doctors don?t even know I have left, Anakin?s keeping an illusion going for me.?

?I didn?t think it was possible for one to lose their mind when becoming one with the force.? Jess said earning a glare from Fress. He grimaced feeling butterflies form in his stomach, he knew it was guilt for speaking against Anakin and Obi-Wan.

He should know better by now that it was the will of the force. He cursed about getting stuck with these powers, it?s been nothing but trouble since the day he became Brent?s apprentice. No time for a normal life.

?Father told me that you would be able to teach me how to heal myself in record time.? Luke spoke up breaking the silence.

Jess watched Fress closely, wondering if she made Anakin some kind of promise she wasn?t willing to keep. They had spent a great deal of time talking about not showing Luke how to heal himself, they would rather not see Luke take after Anakin.

Jess noticed Fress flinching, she did make that promise

23. dancing_star

Feb 24, 2007
    Wonderful update!! [face_dancing] Looking forward to more!! :)
    =D= =D= =D= =D=

24. DaenaBenjen42

May 15, 2005
    ?Anakin didn?t like the thoughts you where thinking.? Fress said with a smirk.

Jess sighed shaking his head, ?I should?ve known, even beyond the grave he?s protective.?

*giggle* I can just imagine... good touch.

Good post. [Ariel] I waaaaaant mooooore! [/Ariel] :)

25. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Wonderful update!

?I?m sure in time they will tell you and Luke.?

Leia nodded feeling Han bring her in closer, she tilted her head up and kissed him on the lips. Three weeks alone with Han made Leia tingle all over feeling electrified with Han?s touch; it was something she was looking forward too. ?I love you, nerf herder.?

?I love you too, sweetheart.?

[face_love] =D=