main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends A long winding road Updated Saturday May 29th 2010 OCs A/P L/L/H

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Falcon, Aug 30, 2008.

1. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    ?Go ahead,? Kyp answered with a frown.

?Master Durron, it is Kam. There is someone requesting landing clearance by the name of Zeth Durron.?

:D Something that'll only happen in fic, making this story that much more awesome.

Well done and I'd love some more. :)

2. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    Thanks for all the positive feedback [:D]

Here is more
    ---------
    Kyp turned on his heel and strode towards the landing field. He frowned wondering what his brother was doing out here. Not that he minded but was curious as to the nature of the visit. He looked up at the sky and watched as an Imperial Shuttle began its landing procedure.

Kyp suddenly felt nervous. He wasn?t sure how to let his brother know that he had memories from a previous time and that he was teaching classes. He smiled wondering how to tell him about Kay? He was sure Zeth would understand, so he hoped. The sound of a ramp beginning to lower broke his train of thoughts. He looked up with a smile as he watched his brother walk down the ramp. A slightly strange looking human followed him down.

Kyp frowned as suspicion clouded his mind. He stretched out with the Force and tried brushing the human?s presence as well as his brother?s. He could feel his brother through the Force but the human behind him was a blank spot. He walked forward with a smile and hugged Zeth fiercely to him. ?I missed you.?

?Kyp, it hasn?t been that long since I last seen you. What?s gotten into you?? Zeth asked as he backed away from Kyp.

?It?s a long story,? Kyp answered with a frown. He politely nodded to the human standing behind him. ?Who?s your friend, Zeth??

?Kyp this is Commander Teken, he was curious about the Jedi Academy. I hope you don?t mind if he tags along for a tour, do you?? Zeth answered with a smile.

?Don?t mind at all,? Kyp answered as he gestured towards the entrance of the temple. ?This way,? he said with a smile as they walked into the temple. ?What brings you all the way out here??

?I wanted to see how well you?re settling in,? Zeth answered honestly. ?I?m proud of you, bro.?

?Thanks,? Kyp answered with a slight grimace as guilt rushed through him. ?There?s something I need to tell you. I want to do so in private, and I?ve settled very well here.?

?That?s good,? Zeth answered with a sly grin. ?Is there a girl involved? Is my little brother in love??

?That?s part of it,? Kyp answered with a slight blush to his cheeks as he pointed to the doors lining the halls. ?These doors represents quarters for each of the students. There are some larger quarters on the second floor where some of the Jedi families stay. I will show you to your quarters later,? he explained as they entered the mess hall. ?This is where everyone eats,? he said with a frown. ?There?s a smaller hanger where they used to keep the X-wings during the time the Alliance occupied the planet eleven years ago. You should see the sunsets here, they are something else entirely. You will want something warm to wear tonight. The temperature drops rather low after the sun goes down.?

?I?m wondering, Kyp, if I can see some of the classes?? Teken asked with a frown.

?The classes are done for the day, considering most of the masters are off planet. We?ve had to hold three large classes with three lessons crammed in all at once,? Kyp explained as they walked back. ?I want to introduce you to Kay.?

?Who is Kay?? Zeth asked in a teasing tone as he wrapped an arm around Kyp?s shoulders.

?My fiancé,? Kyp answered in a soft tone as they approached his and Kay?s one bedroom. He pushed the door open as he felt Kay?s presence was inside. ?Kay, I?m back from meditation.?

Kay gently sat up on the couch with a smile on her face. ?And you brought back company I see.?

Kyp nodded as he walked to the couch and held out his hand. Kay took it as he helped her to her feet. ?Kay, this is my brother Zeth,? he introduced with a tinge of excitement. ?Zeth, this is my fiancé, Kay Shran.?

?Nice to meet you, Zeth,? Kay said as she held out her hand with a smile.

?Nice to meet you to,? Zeth said as he gently brought her into a hug. ?And pregnant too, I see.?

?Yes, it?s a long story on this,? Kay said with a weary frown. ?Maybe we could head down to the mess hall and talk over some pastry and juice.?

?Sounds like a plan to me,? Kyp agreed with a smile as he wrapped

3. DaenaBenjen42

May 15, 2005
    So younger Anankin is getting tested by the Force to see how far he's come... love it! (Was a little confused at first, but wanna see where you take us.)

4. dancing_star

dancing_star Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2007
    ?Anakin is being tested, Chosen One,? Daemon answered with a frown. ?He has learned much since his resurrection from the dark side. The Force needs to make sure he is stable for the future promises to be rough. He will be tested where he will either lose himself or lose the life of those he is meant to protect.?

?This is too soon for me,? Fress mumbled under her breath as Jess wrapped his arms around her shoulders. ?I was hoping to have more time with Anakin. Please send me to Earth.?

?You cannot interfere with the progression of events, Chosen One. This you must know by now,? Daemon cautioned with a frown. ?When the time has past, Anakin will be sent back to this time. He will either have the heart of a Jedi Master or the cold presence of a Sith Lord. The choice is entirely up to him.?

?Don?t worry, Fress,? Anakin said in a calmed tone. ?If Anakin doesn?t want to mess everything he?s built up so far, he?ll choose to stay on the narrow path.?

?I hope so, Anakin. For his son?s sake,? Fress said as Jess hugged her tightly. ?I really want to go.?

?I?m sorry, Chosen One. The Force will not allow you to interfere,? Daemon repeated with a sorrowful expression.

?It?ll be all right, sweetheart,? Jess whispered in a reassuring tone. ?He knows better now.?

?I hope so.?

Oh wow! This is very interesting. [face_thinking] Wonderful update! =D=@};- Looking forward to see where you take it!
    [:D]

5. Goddess_At_Heart

Goddess_At_Heart Jedi Padawan star 2

Mar 20, 2010
    Whoa.. what a test! :eek: The Force works in strange ways, that's for sure.

I kinda feel bad for little Anakin, he's in a strage place and has no real idea what's going on other than he has to protect a family.

Brice... [face_laugh] poor kid!

6. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Thanks for all the positive feedback everyone [:D]

Here's the next chapter
    ---------
    Back on Earth

Anakin watched the man as he raised his hands in the air. He kept his senses wide open waiting to see if the man would try something. He would not considering he had the gun pointed at the man?s chest. ?Leave, and that?s not a suggestion.?

?You don?t scare me, boy,? Brian sneered with a growl. ?As soon as you?re unarmed I will be kicking your ass.?

?I would love to see you try,? Anakin ground out between his teeth. ?I can?t guarantee it will be pleasant for you.?

?So far you?re all talk and no bite,? Brian challenged. ?I bet you can?t uphold your threats.?

Anakin didn?t say a word as he felt the familiar presence of the dark side calling him. He shook his head to clear his thoughts. The last thing he needed to do was to fall back again. Several innocent lives would be at risk and that was something he couldn?t afford to do. He allowed the light side to wash over him, he felt calm and collected as he focused back on Brian again. He stretched out with the Force and brushed Brian?s mind with his as he clouded the man?s brain with confusion. ?Leave Brian and don?t come back.?

Brian nodded as he stood up and walked out of the kitchen as Anna watched in disbelief. Not a word was spoken until the front door closed with a bang. ?How did you do that??

?It?s an old Jedi mind trick,? Anakin answered as he flipped the safety on the gun. He placed the gun down on the table as he glanced at Anna with a frown. ?My mom taught me, she can be very persuasive when she wants to be. Why was that man after you??

?I owe him money,? Anna answered with a nervous frown. ?He doesn?t give up until either he?s been repaid or he kills me,? she explained. ?I fear for my children?s lives.?

?Do you have the money now?? Anakin asked with a frown as Anna gave a short nod.

?Don?t turn your back,? Anna warned. ?He?ll want to beat you up for interfering.?

Anakin gave a short snort of amusement before shaking his head with a saddened expression. ?I wouldn?t worry about me. I can take care of myself. I?m used to having trouble attracted to me. I would be more worried about you and the kiddo here.?

?Are you really Force sensitive?? The little girl asked with a frown.

?Yes I am?? Anakin answered as he glanced at Anna with a frown wondering what the little girl?s name was.

?It?s Arial in case you were wondering,? Anna answered with a small smile as Anakin nodded in appreciation.

?How would you like a demonstration, Arial?? Anakin asked as Arial nodded her head with a smile. He picked up the gun off the table and walked over to the small clearing in the kitchen. He placed the gun down at his feet. Then he did a handstand. He steadied himself on one arm as he levitated the gun into the air above his head.

?I?ve never seen anyone do anything like this before,? Anna said as Anakin heard her approach him. ?How are you doing this??

?I have what?s called Midi-Chlorians in my blood stream. They are microscopic life forms that talk to me and direct my actions,? Anakin answered as he did a flip back onto his feet. He took the gun out of midair. ?If I fall to the dark side, it?s comes with a heavy price. It?s a cold lonely existence, it destroys everything you believe in and become a twisted evil version of yourself. You end up hurting your loved ones the most.?

?You sound like you have experience,? Anna said with a frown.

Anakin sat down at table as he gave a curt short nod. ?I fell to the dark side and the price was heavy indeed. It plaques my dreams to this very day on what I did, I did so much damage. More then what Vader and Palpatine caused in a short period of time,? he paused for a second as Anna?s eyes widened in shock. ?I suspect I am being tested by the Force. I can feel the dark side calling out to me. I don?t plan on turning. It would only hurt my son again.?

?You?re awfully young to have a son,? Anna pointed out with a frown.

?It?s complicated,? Anakin said with a frown. ?You probably wo

7. DaenaBenjen42

May 15, 2005
    Thinking on his feet and seeing the test for what it is. I like that.

Well done and patiently waiting for more. :)

8. Goddess_At_Heart

Goddess_At_Heart Jedi Padawan star 2

Mar 20, 2010
    :_| I :_| Hate :_| Cliffys! :_|

[face_blush] Haha, hope things will be okay [face_worried] I'm all tingily.

Loved the way Anakin kicked TWO butts! Also loved the way Anna thought he was crazy talking to himself. Ariel is so cute!

Too bad they might die.. [face_worried]

Moree........

9. dancing_star

Feb 24, 2007
    Yikes, what a cliffie! [face_worried]
    Wonderful update though! =D= Very well done and looking forward to more! [face_dancing][:D]

10. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Thanks for the positive feedback

Here's the next post
    -------------
    Anakin gunned the engine as he pushed the vehicle to its limits as he sped through the streets. He ran stop signs as he continued to follow the other homing beacon he had placed on the house so he could find his way back without getting lost. As he neared the house he noticed a white car following him with red flashers at the top. Great, he picked up what was considered authority figures in this town. He pulled the car to a complete stop in front of the house and got out of the car. He ran towards the house and used the Force as a springboard to jump up to the porch. He rushed into the house. ?Anna!? He yelled out as he headed into the kitchen. Anna and Arial were eating when they both looked up in unison. ?It?s not safe in here, Brian or his father rigged a bomb in here. You have to leave now, there?s not much time.?

Anna nodded as fear crossed her eyes. She stood up and held onto Arial?s hand leading the young girl out of the house. Anakin closed his eyes as he built up a Force barrier to prevent the officer from touching him before he had a chance to locate the bomb. He stretched out with his mind as he searched for the signature that would lead him to where the bomb was.

Anakin shook his head to clear his thoughts as he felt the officer rush into the house. Come on, it has to be here somewhere. Neither should know how to wipe their signatures. He felt an inkling from the Force leading him to the basement. He walked towards the hallway in the backend of the kitchen. He ran towards the hall and turned towards a side door. He ran down the steps and turned down to his left and noticed another set of steps. He rushed down them as he heard feet pounding behind him.

?Police officer, stop!? The man behind him yelled.

Anakin ignored the officer as he looked around the basement. It had to be here somewhere. He started walking around the basement looking for anything that would resemble a bomb. It has to be here, he thought as he neared the farthest corner. A red blinking light had caught his eye. That?s it, he thought as he ran towards the bomb and kneeled down. He studied the wires, typical color of red, black, yellow, and white. One of them had to be a dead man?s trigger. He looked up as the officer finally caught up with him.

?You?re in a lot of trouble, kid,? the officer said with a stern expression.

?Do you know anything about disarming bombs?? Anakin questioned as he looked up with a frown as the officer blinked in surprise. ?We have less then seven minutes to get this disarmed.?

?Is that why you were in a hurry and disobeyed the rules of the road?? The officer asked as he kneeled down beside Anakin.

?Yes,? Anakin answered with a frown as he pulled out a pair of wire cutters off the utility belt. Leave it to Mom to think of everything. ?Red and black, are negative and positive.?

?Or the person who rigged this would want you to think that,? the officer said as he took the wire cutters from Anakin. ?I?m trained,? he said as sweat broke out over his brow as he studied the wires. ?White is the trigger.?

Anakin looked at the wires, simple design he thought with a frown. He noticed that the yellow was attached to negative. ?Yellow is negative, that means either black or red should stop the bomb.?

?Very perceptive,? the officer agreed as he moved the cutters over black then paused for a second.

?Black is positive,? Anakin pointed out as the officer moved the wire cutters over the red wire.

?Hope you?re right, kid or we?re dead,? the officer said as he took a deep breath.

Anakin built up a shield around him and the officer as the officer cut the red wire. He realized the mistake just as the officer cut the red wire. He should?ve cut the black one he thought as he pulled the officer back as the bomb went off throwing both hard to the other side of the room. He hit the wall with a sickening thud, pain exploded through his body as everything turned black.
    --------------------
    Anakin opened his eyes a

11. dancing_star

Feb 24, 2007

?Please leave,? Meagan said as Anakin stood up.

?If you change your mind, here?s a number you can get a hold of us at,? Fress said as she handed over a piece of paper.

They walked out of the house and back towards the car. Ahsoka walked around the car and opened the door for Anakin.

?I have this feeling we should stake out the house. She?s hiding something,? Anakin said as he slid into the passenger?s side.

?If I were her and someone offered to help my son. I wouldn?t turn them away,? Ahsoka agreed.

?I couldn?t agree more, either that or she?s just being careful on who she talks to her. Her ex-husband and son is after all wanted by the law here.?

[face_thinking]

Excellent update! =D= Nicely done and looking forward to more! [:D]

12. DaenaBenjen42

May 15, 2005
    Anakin built up a shield around him and the officer as the officer cut the red wire. He realized the mistake just as the officer cut the red wire. He should?ve cut the black one he thought as he pulled the officer back as the bomb went off throwing both hard to the other side of the room. He hit the wall with a sickening thud, pain exploded through his body as everything turned black.

One, I was suddenly reminded of Lethal Weapon 3, and two... ow! World of ow with a bomb going off in one's face.

13. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Thanks for the positive feedback [:D]

Here's the next chapter
    -----------------
    Ahsoka leaned back in the car seat as she looked out the window at the house. They had waited all afternoon and the sun was just beginning to set. So far they had not seen either the kid or his father enter the home. Maybe the girl just wanted to be left alone. She looked down at the piece of equipment that was tapped into the phone. The communications on this planet was primitive making it very easy to listen in on conversations.

Ahsoka glanced behind her at the back of the car where Anakin was stretched out on the back seat. Fress had managed to talk Anakin into entering another healing trance. She could feel the kid drawing on an enormous amount of energy. She knew that Fress was particularly strong in the Force, and her son was no exception. The amount of energy she felt Anakin was drawing on astounded her, she wondered what his midi-chlorian count was like.

Fress glanced at Ahsoka with a curious expression then frowned. ?It?s around ninety thousand, in case you were wondering. Mine?s around fifty thousand. It must run in the family, my cousin Sam has a similar count to Anakin.?

Ahsoka blinked in surprise then gave a short nod. ?I knew you were both strong in the Force. I didn?t realize the count was so high.?

?The higher the count, the more damage you?re capable of performing if you let the dark side consume you. It comes with a very heavy price,? Fress explained as pain crossed her eyes. ?I never did have a chance to test to see where Mike would be. I?m curious to see how well it can be passed from generation to generation.?

?What about Arwen and the twins?? Ahsoka questioned with a frown.

?Arwen is around forty-thousand, and the twins are around twenty thousand which is pretty close to Jess?s count,? Fress answered. ?The Force is strong in my family. Maybe it?s a little too strong.?

?It can?t be all that bad,? Ahsoka commented with a slight smile. ?You did come back to life on some future Jedi didn?t you? That must?ve been surprising.?

Fress shook her head with a slight smile. ?Not everyone at the temple knew about Arwen, Jess, or I. The Council knew but they didn?t want every padawan to knock at the door, so it was kept quiet.?

?Did you have to go through the training again?? Ahsoka questioned with a frown.

?Yes, and history class was quite entertaining,? Fress answered with a sad shake of her head. ?It was boring so we found other ways to entertain ourselves during class. When the Council realized who we were, we didn?t have to go to the classes anymore. They found other uses for us. Just so you know, the Arwen I?m talking about is Obi-Wan Kenobi?s daughter. Arwen-Jade Kenobi, he married in the other life time.?

?Interesting,? Ahsoka said as she looked towards the house again and saw someone moving against the shadows. The sun had sunk below the equator casting the street into shadows as the streetlights came on. She held up the binoculars up to her eyes. ?I wonder if this is our guy. He matches the description Anakin gave us earlier.?

Fress nodded as she held up a piece of listening equipment. Ahsoka didn?t say anything further waiting for Fress to confirm or deny her suspicions.

?It?s Jon,? Fress confirmed as she listened some more. ?Meagan is the one who rigged the bomb in the house.?

?You?re kidding?? Ahsoka questioned with a frown as Fress continued to listen in.

Fress put the listening device down as she hit the play button on the recorder. ?I?ve heard enough,? she muttered unhappily.

?Meagan we have to be careful, the cops can?t find out that it was you behind the bombing. So far they?re convinced that it was Brian behind everything,? Jon said.

?It?s easier to plant evidence on your kid,? Meagan commented with a heavy sigh. ?Jon, let?s go away together. Just you and me until this whole thing blows over.?

?Sounds like a good idea, when did you want to leave?? Jon asked.

?Around midnight.?

Fress pressed the stop button as Ahsoka looked at her with a frown.

14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Interesting little twisty of a plot here -- Fress and Jess could show up at the SW convention and wouldn't even have to put on a costume to be authentic LOL!!!!

Would have a hard time convincing the attendees they weren't delusional LOL ;)

Still being helpful even in this most unusual situation. [face_thinking]

15. dancing_star

Feb 24, 2007
    ?Yes,? Fress answered with a softened smile. She reached her hand across the table with a frown. ?It?s not your fault, Brian. It?s the only thing you know. There are better choices how to live out there. You can have a better life if you want. Once you?ve made this decision you cannot back track on it. You will be in for the long haul or you will be charged for any new crimes you commit. Do you understand what I?m saying??

?Yes,? Brian answered as he glanced at Black then quickly diverted his eyes. ?Does that mean you would be willing to give me a pardon??

?Yes,? Black answered as he walked over to Brian. ?You are physically fit, and the military could use men like you. That?s if you decide to go that way. The choice is up to you. We will have to talk to a Judge but I?m sure considering the position you were put in, they should have no problem giving you a pardon and a second chance.?

[face_thinking] I hope they do.

Excellent job! =D= Looking forward to the next part! [face_dancing]

16. DaenaBenjen42

May 15, 2005
    That part about the two oily "parents" working together to frame their own son... it makes me shudder. Oy. (And yet... it was compelling...)

Well done, and I'd love some more. :)

17. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Thank you for all the positive feedback [:D]

And thank you to everyone who nominated this fic [:D]

Here's the next chapter
    ------------
    One week later
    --------------------
    Anakin sat back in the chair as he looked around the courtroom. Black had requested for Ahsoka, his mom, and him to be there. He frowned, noting that they were keeping Brian separated from the parents. Meagan and Jon were currently throwing betrayed looks towards Brian. It made him sick to know how they were acting towards their son. He shook his head sadly. It was them who betrayed Brian and not the other way around. He shifted around in his seat as best he could considering he had a cast on his arm still. He couldn?t convince the doctors to take the cast off. Even though the x-ray had shown he was completely healed.

Ahsoka glanced towards the parents again and gave off a disgusted grunt as Meagan continued to glare at Brian. ?I bet they?ll still continue to try and blame this on Brian.?

?We?re here to make sure that doesn?t happen,? Fress commented with a frown. ?I have a feeling we won?t go home until this is completely resolved.?

?It can?t be too soon for me,? Anakin commented with a frown. ?Maybe if I used a mind trick on the doctors, they will take the cast off,? he mused with a frown.

?You already tried that, remember?? Ahsoka reminded Anakin with a frown. ?I have a feeling you need them to take off those necklaces first, and so far no one?s figured out how to trick them.?

?Who knew the half circle would be so popular on this planet,? Anakin commented unhappily as he felt a tap on his shoulder. He glanced behind him and noticed Anna was standing behind him with Ariel beside her. ?Hi Anna, how are you??

?I?m well, thanks to you and your fast thinking,? Anna answered with a slight smile. ?I?m wondering if you and your companions would join my daughter and me for dinner tonight. As a small thank you for you everything you?ve done.?

Anakin glanced at Ahsoka and Fress as they both nodded in agreement. ?On behalf of my mother and friend, we accept.

?Don?t worry about Brice,? Fress commented with a slight smile. ?Your son is fine and being looked after by my husband.?

?Where is that exactly?? Anna asked with a frown.

?Yavin Four,? Fress answered with a small smile. ?Don?t worry about him. No one there will harm him. He?s in good hands.?

?I?m happy to hear that,? Anna said with a smile. ?I just hope he gets sent back when the time comes.?

?I?m sure he will,? Fress answered in a reassuring tone as Anakin and Ahsoka both nodded in agreement.

?All rise,? a man said as he walked out. Anakin stood up as everyone else did. The man spoke again. ?The honorable Judge Johnson will be presiding.?

A man in his mid forties walked out and sat down behind the bench. ?Everyone please take a seat,? he paused for a second then frowned. ?May I have the each opening statements from the defendant.?

?Your honor, my client was manipulated by his parents. They asked him to perform crimes that they had no right to ask off. We have evidence to back up our claims,? Brett Granite claimed with a frown.

?May I hear the opening statement from the Plaintiff,? Johnson asked turning his attention to the other lawyer.

?Your honor, my clients claim innocent and had no part of Brian?s actions. They say he has acted on his own against their warnings,? Greg Parks commented with a frown.

?And do you have witnesses to back up this claim?? Johnson asked.

Ahsoka rolled her eyes and muttered. ?Here we go.?

?We do, your honor,? Greg answered confidentially causing Fress to roll her eyes.

?Call your first witness,? Johnson commented.

?I call Anakin Shern to the stand,? Greg said as he turned his attention to Anakin.

Anakin stood up with a serious frown on his face. ?I am acting on the defendant?s side and not the plaintiff?s side,? he commented. ?We have evidence that will convict Jon and Meagan Arkens.?

?Please approach the stand, Anakin,? Johnson commented with a frown.

Anakin walked past the s

18. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Awesome post with stellar flashbacks =D=

Felt right in the thick of them :D

19. dancing_star

Feb 24, 2007

?The Force works in mysterious ways, son,? Anakin commented with a sly smile then he softened his expression. ?I?m lucky to have you as a son.?

?Thanks,? Mike said as he slid off the bed. ?Out of all the fathers that are out there, I?m glad it?s you. You don?t bug me about having a girlfriend.?

Anakin nodded with a smile as they walked out of the room. ?There?s no need to rush into anything,? he commented as they walked down the hall towards the mess hall. ?You have your whole life ahead of you, kid.?

Aww. [face_love]
    Excellent update! =D= Loved the flashbacks. Well done and looking forward to more! :)

20. DaenaBenjen42

May 15, 2005
    You know... that Judge took the "we're from another planet and the Force forced us to intervene" thing far, far better than I thought they would... [face_laugh]

21. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Thanks for the positive feedback [:D] and heres the next chapter :D
    ------------
    Anakin Shern leaned against the wall as he watched the newest Padawan learner by the name of Sherry Greys practice with a lightsaber and remote. Dev was teaching her this morning. So far she had shown much progress since her arrival at the Academy. She was a fairly quick learner and seemed to have a beautiful personality. There was something drawing him to her wanting him to get to know her better. He felt a slap on his shoulder as he turned his attention to his father with a frown. ?Need something, Dad??

?I see you have your eye on Sherry,? Jess observed with a smile. ?Are you thinking about asking her out? She?s within your age range.?

Anakin ignored Jess for a minute as he watched Sherry pivot on the balls of her feet deflecting the blaster bolts from the remote. She had quick reflexes and was excellent at levitating. Her eyes were a sea green with red hair, an athletic body build, and porcelain doll skin. She was just under his height. ?I don?t know yet. I want to, but wouldn?t it be weird dating a Padawan Learner??

?No weirder then Luke dating Mara?? Jess pointed out with a small smile. ?She?s still a learner.?

?And a lot older then Sherry, and me? Anakin pointed out with a frown. ?She may be physically in my age range, but she isn?t in her mind.?

?No pressure and there is no rush into anything, is there?? Jess pointed out with a smile. ?Besides the bond that developed the day she arrived here between you and her.?

?That?s private, Dad. I thought you were beyond checking up on me through the Force,? Anakin challenged with a stern expression.

?Sorry, Anakin, it?s hard to miss,? Jess commented with a frown. ?And I didn?t do it on purpose. I trust you.?

?Thanks for the vote of confidence,? Anakin commented with a smirk causing Jess to roll his eyes.

?Remind me that compliments don?t sit well with you,? Jess said as he crossed his arms over his chest. ?There is something on my mind. My question is, are you ready to move on from Kasha??

Anakin fell silent again as he watched Sherry deactivated the practice lightsaber and swiped a hand across her brow. He smiled feeling something stir deep down inside his heart. He sighed with a gentle smile as Jess watched him with a knowing smile.

?I don?t think I need your answer,? Jess commented causing Anakin to roll his eyes. ?You?ll move on when you?re completely ready. Nothing can kill a relationship faster is when one of the two is not ready to move forward.?

Anakin nodded in agreement as he turned his attention to where Kyp was giving Mike hand-to-hand combat lessons. He watched as Mike swiftly swept Kyp?s legs out from underneath him. He felt pride rush through him. ?That?s my boy.?

Jess nodded in agreement as Mike helped Kyp to his feet. ?Do you feel like flexing your muscles and do a little sparing with your old man??

?This isn?t an attempt to grab Sherry?s attention is it?? Anakin questioned suspiciously raising an eyebrow in his father?s direction.

?I was thinking about when the room is cleared of the classes,? Jess answered with a frown. ?No, it?s not to impress Sherry.?

?Sure why not,? Anakin answered. ?You?re ready for another arse whipping are you,? he quickly added with a teasing tone. ?Ahsoka asked me to teach her how to make your opponent vomit.?

?I?m not surprised,? Jess said with a heavy sigh. ?That?s her predatory personality kicking in,? he paused for a second and eyed Anakin with a raised eyebrow. ?You didn?t agree to it, did you??

Anakin stiffened a bit then nodded his head slowly. ?I agreed to it. I know it?s not a true honorary way to fight, but it does end the conflict quicker.?

Jess shook his head sadly as Mike and Kyp circled each other. Sherry had stopped practicing and was taking a break as she watched Mike and Kyp start battling it out. Kyp ran towards Mike with a staff in his hand while Mike remained unarmed. Mike held out his hands and grabbed the staff between Durron?s hands and twisted it hard causing K

22. dancing_star

Feb 24, 2007

?Come on, sis, let?s go track down Sherry,? Anakin said with a sly grin.

?Anakin and Sherry sitting in a tree?? Arwen began with a grin.

?Don?t you start that up,? Anakin warned as his sister skipped along continuing to sing.

?K-i-s-s-i-n-g, first comes love then comes marriage, then comes the baby in the baby carriage,? Arwen completed the nursery rhyme causing Anakin to roll his eyes.

[face_laugh]
    Splendid update! =D= Looking forward to the next! [face_dancing]

23. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Love all the banter between the younglings -- Arianna and Shawn -- what lovely names.

:D

24. DaenaBenjen42

May 15, 2005
    ?That?s private, Dad. I thought you were beyond checking up on me through the Force,? Anakin challenged with a stern expression.

He's a parent AND therefore entitled, dear boy...

Father/son sparring match! Father/son sparring match!!!! (Oh, and he's going after her... heee!!!)

25. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Thanks for all the positive feedback. [:D]

Here's the next chapter
    -----------------
    Fress set down her X-wing as a man in his mid forties waited for her nearby. She shut down the engines then pulled the helmet off her head. She stuck the helmet on the floor by her feet as she reached up and opened the cockpit. She stood up on the seat and started climbing down the ladder. She walked towards the man who was waiting for her. ?Thank you for meeting me, Mr. Greys.?

Greys nodded his head with a slight smile. ?It?s an honor to meet you, Master Shern. What did you need my help with??

Fress frowned as she nodded towards what she assumed was his office. ?Can we talk in your office??

?Right this way,? Greys said as they turned towards the office and started walking to it. He closed the door as Fress settled into the chair in front of the desk.

?This is off the clock,? Fress said as Greys looked at her with suspicion. ?By your expression you know I?m about to ask you to help me refit the engines on the X-wing.?

?Are you serious?? Greys asked with a frown. ?Isn?t that illegal? You?re still with the military, right??

?Yes I am,? Fress answered with a serious frown. ?On the other hand, the X-wing is privately owned. It?s in my name and not the New Republic.?

?I see,? Greys said as he sat back in his chair folding his hands together. ?Master Shern, does Organa-Solo know you?re doing this??

?No, I plan on doing the repairs myself. Leia doesn?t have to know. I know that what I?m asking of you maybe extreme and I know you?re the one that pirates come too for help,? Fress pointed out. ?This isn?t a bust and I will not reveal my sources.?

?My question to you is how did you really know about me?? Greys asked with a suspicion. ?Not even the New Republic?s intell is that good.?

?You won?t believe me if I told you,? Fress answered as she sat back in her chair with a frown. ?Have you ever heard of a ship called the Dark Myst??

Greys expression turned to surprise as he stood up and walked to the window. ?How do you know about Myst? That is not very common knowledge.?

?I met the owner a long time ago,? Fress answered with a smile. ?The ship communicates telepathically. It will only talk to a select few.?

?The ship doesn?t communicate with Jedi,? Greys pointed out as he turned his attention to her. ?There are rumors about you having memories to an alternative past. Is this how you knew about me??

?Yes,? Fress answered as she walked to his side. ?You helped me in the alternative universe and fitted the X-wing than. Later I was ordered to have the engines legalized. I won the right to keep the engines as is. Considering the ship was privately owned, the Republic could not do anything about it. Even though they did try.?

?I will help you on one condition,? Greys said with a serious frown as Fress nodded in agreement. ?Never reveal me as your source to anyone.?

Fress nodded with a smile. ?Sounds fair to me.?

?Great, let?s move the X-wing into the fixing area and find a pair of engines for it.?
    ---------------------
    Anakin stood in front of Ahsoka as he prepared the test dummies. He wasn?t in the mood to clean up vomit nor was he thrilled at the thought of getting sucker punched in the stomach. ?These should vomit water if you hit the diaphragm correctly,? he explained as he turned his attention to Ahsoka. ?On a human you would hit here,? he said as he pointed to a spot just above the stomach. ?This causes the gagging reflex if you hit it correctly and hard enough.?

Ahsoka walked up as Anakin backed up waiting for Ahsoka to throw a punch. She pulled back her hand making a fist and sung hard at the dummy. The dummy gagged but nothing came up.

?That?s good for a first try,? Anakin said as he placed his hand against the stomach. He pulled his fist back and plunged it into the stomach to make sure the dummy worked. Clear liquid gurgled up from the mouth and landed on the floor. ?Try it again.?

Ahsoka walked up to the dummy and pulled back her fist and rammed it into the stomach