main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends A long winding road Updated Saturday May 29th 2010 OCs A/P L/L/H

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Falcon, Aug 30, 2008.

1. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    Thanks for the positive feedback everyone

Here's the next chapter.
    --------
    Nine years and four months earlier

Kay held herself as she felt cold wash through her. She didn?t understand how Nicky escaped this time. She feared for the baby?s safety. She didn?t feel she could allow Nicky to kill her baby girl again. Kyp really wanted this child for his own but she feared for her baby girl?s safety, she had to deny him that right. It was a painful decision but she could not let Nicky kill the second child. It was best if her daughter grew up with no knowledge of her heritage until the time was right.

Kyp walked into the bedroom and eyed her with concern as she picked up a suitcase. She felt fear wash over the Force bond from him as she began to pack her clothes. She didn?t want to worry her family, but she felt she had no other choice. Nicky was dangerous and would stop at nothing until he gained a boy. ?Kay, you?re not leaving me are you??

?No,? Kay answered as she continued to pack her suitcase. ?Kyp, we have to leave. I don?t want Nicky to kill this baby too.?

Kyp nodded in understanding as he walked to the closet and picked up his suitcase. Kay knew he would be determined to accompany her, not wanting her to face this decision alone. And for that she was grateful to have such a wonderful husband. ?Kay, no matter your decision, I will stand by you. I love you so much. You?re my sunshine.?

Kay nodded as she felt tears well up in her eyes as she stepped towards Kyp and hugged him tightly to her. ?I love you. You?re a wonderful husband.?

?Time is slipping, we should be gone before dawn,? Kyp said as he took a step back then continued to pack.
    -----------------
    Kyp stood stock still, staring at Kay in disbelief. He feared she was beginning to slip into depression and wasn?t sure how to help her. He feared he might lose her before all of this was over with. He kneeled down to Kay as she silently wept against the bed clinging to the side. He loved her and knew this was beyond his Jedi training. She needed professional help. ?I don?t know what you want from me anymore.?

?I don?t know either,? Kay whispered. ?Maybe we rushed into this.?

Kyp didn?t nod in agreement. All of this felt right, and yet she needed help. He couldn?t bare the thought of losing her. He stood up and walked towards the door of their temporary quarters. Kay was six months pregnant now and her hormones weren?t exactly making things easy. And neither was Kay?s emotional state, he felt it was putting an emotional strain on the marriage and their relationship.

?Please don?t leave, Kyp,? Kay pleaded through the tears as he opened the door.

?I need some air,? Kyp muttered as he thumbed his comlink on. ?My comlink is on, in case you need anything. I need some alone time to think. I?ll be back in a couple of hours. I promise.?

Kyp closed his eyes as he stepped outside of their apartment, then he hurried down to the speeder bay. He made up his mind and decided to seek out a professional councilor.
    -------------
    Kyp entered an office where the words psychiatrist was posted on the door. He swallowed hard as the aide looked up with a gentle smile. ?I?m wondering if Dr. Sherins has a few minutes to spare? I need some advice.?

?I?ll see if he has a few minutes to talk with you,? the aide answered in a cheerful voice as she pressed down on the comlink.

Kyp stared out the window as he felt his insides tighten. He hoped Kay wouldn?t be too mad with him but he felt this was beyond what he could. He was too close to her and she needed a stranger to talk to.

?I?m Doctor Sherins, my aide said you needed some advice? I can spare a few minutes,? a voice spoke from behind Kyp.

Kyp turned around to find a gentle face man standing in front of him with his hand held out. He held out his hand and shook it as they stepped inside the office. He walked over to the couch and sat down.

?What can I help you with?? Sherins asked with a frown.

Kyp took a deep breath and spilled out the entire story to Sherins. He felt like in some w

2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Nice intense flashback and great to meet Mekaila "officially" She certainly is part of a most unique family LOL

3. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    ?I don?t know what you want from me anymore.?

I loved how he voiced his doubts right here and how they dealt with it: getting to a therapist.

Kay felt horror wash through her at the very suggestion of seeking professional help. Had things gone that far south?

In a word? No, not yet, and yes, at the same time.

Kay wrapped her arms around Kyp as she leaned in close to his ear. ?Let?s take this relationship to the next level,? she suggested as Kyp felt hope wash through him. ?Let?s do it in the communications room.?

Okay, I admit to dancing with joy when she got to this stage of healing. Very, very cool. (Also funny.)

?I wasn?t about to argue. This is the first time we made it that far.?

?Kyp!? Kay yelled out in horror as Kyp glanced in her direction.

[face_laugh]

Well done and I'd love some more. :)

4. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Thanks for the positive feedback [:D]
    Here's the next chapter
    ---------------
    Mekaila gave a short nod as she glanced at Han and Chewie as if trying to figure out the connection between them. ?I was adopted into the Skywalker family. Han is my brother-in-law,? Kay answered the unasked question.

?And before I married Leia, I already saw Kay as a little sister to me,? Han filled in with a gentle smile.

?Oh,? Mekaila said as she glanced at Kyp with a frown. ?And you are Kyp??

Kyp nodded as he glanced at Kay unsure how to answer. ?I guess that makes me your step father,? he said with a frown as he turned his attention back to Mekaila.

?Mom showed me the short clip of Ahsoka Tano asking for information on your kidnapping,? Mekaila started to say. ?So I guess everything you told me was true.?

Kay nodded with a frown. ?Yes. You may call me by my first name. I won?t force the title on you, I?m giving you the choice to call me what you?re more comfortable with.?

?Okay,? Mekaila answered as her shoulders relaxed a little. ?Thanks.?

Kay smiled with a short nod. ?Why don?t we get out of this heat and into the cooler parts of the temple?? She suggested as Mekaila gave a short nod in agreement. They turned towards the entrance as Han and Chewie walked back up the ramp of the Falcon. ?I?m going to warn you now. The training will not be easy, you will discover things about yourself that you never knew existed,? she explained as she slipped in Jedi Master mode.

?Beware of your feelings, Mekaila,? Kyp warned with a frown as he slipped into Jedi Master mode. ?Beware of the dark side, fear, anger, and hatred, leads to pain and suffering. The dark side is not a road to travel down. You turn into a twisted evil version of yourself hurting the ones you love the most.?

?I have questions,? Mekaila said as Kay nodded in understanding.

?I?m sure you do,? Kay answered reassuringly. ?I?ll answer any that you have.?

?Can I have something cold to drink?? Mekaila asked with a shy smile.

?Of course,? Kay answered with a gentle smile as they entered the mess hall. ?This is the mess hall, through those doors is the kitchen,? she said as they approached the cooling units sitting at the front. She grabbed three drinks out and handed one to Mekaila and the other to Kyp. They found an empty table and sat down. ?What questions do you have for me??

Mekaila remained silent as she absently slid the drink from one hand to the other. ?Why did you give me up??

?I feared for your safety,? Kay answered with a sigh. ?Your biological father Nicky wasn?t a well man. He had issues,? she paused for a second as Kyp chocked back a snort causing her to glare at him. ?As I was saying,? she glanced at Kyp who gave an apologetic smile. She turned her attention back to Mekaila. ?He did some bad things to me that resulted in two different pregnancies,? she paused for a second as Mekaila?s eyes widened in shock. ?You have an older sister by the name of Vicky. Nicky didn?t like the idea of Kyp adopting her underneath the name of Durron. He killed her before she had a chance to live. The second incident resulted into you being conceived. I couldn?t bare the thought of losing a second child. When Nicky escaped the prison he was being held in, I decided to disappear until you were born and adopted underneath an anonymous name.?

?I can understand that,? Mekaila said with a frown. ?You did it because you loved me.?

Kay nodded with a gentle smile. ?I did it because I loved you and wanted what was best for you and your safety. I couldn?t lose another child.?

?What was wrong with him?? Mekaila questioned with a frown. ?Was Nicky sick or something? Why was he so intent on killing??

Kay took a deep breath as she glanced at Kyp with a worried expression. She turned her attention back to Mekaila. ?Nicky suffered from a multiple personality disorder. The one personality was sweet and gentle, while the other personality was abusive. We talked to his father, Darren, which is your grandfather and found out there was a

5. DaenaBenjen42

May 15, 2005
    The thing I liked here? They're honest with her. She wanted to know, and they told her, and she's mostly okay with it. Loved that. Even better: her half-siblings are thrilled to have another family member. (And seriously... hide that soap box. ;) )

And... babies! Incoming! [face_dancing]

6. dancing_star

dancing_star Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2007

?Dad, Carly and I have been discussing names and we keep coming back to the same one every time,? Mike said with a smile as Cighal handed him a small bundle. ?We decided to name her Kasha. It feels right. We want you her in life, Dad.?

Anakin nodded as he felt his breath catch in his throat as Mike walked around the bed with Kasha in his arms. He reached for the small bundle. ?She?s beautiful, son,? he gently shifted the baby girl in his arms and bent down his head and kissed her on the forehead. He already loved this little girl and would throw his life on the line for her. He felt tears slip down his cheeks as Mike watched him with a knowing smile.

Beautiful. @};-
    Wonderful update and looking forward to the next! =D=[:D][face_dancing]

7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Hi, :) That was a great update. =D=

Wow ;) [face_laugh] -- how many generations are there? [face_thinking] All the kids have grown up and had kids :p Just in the span of this story LOL Time flies [face_laugh]

And a whole buncha stuff has happened.

You just don't know how happy I am to see all these tight, together families. [face_dancing]

Very refreshing for SW.

[:D]

8. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002

Here's the next chapter
    -------------
    Anakin Shern sat back on the couch as he held his granddaughter in his arms. He just finished feeding Kasha and she was sleeping soundly in his arms. Carly was still in the med ward so he and Sherry offered to help Mike until Danny and Sheila arrived. From there they would take over. Sherry was close to her due date or otherwise they would be helping Mike and Carly out continuously. He sighed in contentment as he held the little girl in his arms. A peace settled over him years ago, and now he wasn?t haunted by his nightmares anymore. It?s been ages since he thought any of it. This life promised to be a more peaceful one.

Anakin looked up as Mike walked into the living room and eyed him with a smile. ?What are you so happy about??

?Having a daughter of my own, watching you fuss over her,? Mike answered as he stepped towards the couch and sat down. ?Thanks for helping me out.?

?You?re welcome, sweetheart,? Sherry answered with a smile as she rubbed her tummy. ?Your father is doing more work then me.?

?Don?t worry about it, Sherry. I?m not expecting you to do much except enjoy spending time with Kasha,? Mike answered with a knowing smile. ?It wouldn?t be a good idea if you strained yourself too much.?

?My little granddaughter,? Anakin mused with a smile as the word rang pleasantly in his mind. ?I wouldn?t mind watching over her anytime,? he offered for what was most likely the tenth time today.

?I know, Dad,? Mike answered as a knock sounded at the door. He frowned as he went to answer it. ?Mom, Dad,? he said in a pleasant surprise. ?We weren?t expecting you until tomorrow.?

?We decided to come a little early,? Sheila answered in an excited voice. ?Has she delivered yet??

Anakin felt guilt flash over the Force bond he shared with Mike. He knew how much Danny and especially Sheila wanting to be here when Carly delivered and Kasha came a little earlier then expected. The timing couldn?t be helped. He stood up from the couch and walked towards the door as Sheila turned in his direction. ?She came a little earlier then we were expecting. Mike and I were in sparring practice when Carly went into labor earlier today.?

?Mom, Dad this is Kasha your granddaughter,? Mike introduced as Anakin handed the baby over to Sheila.

?Oh Mike,? Sheila cued in delight as she took the baby from Anakin. ?She?s beautiful. How did you come up with the name??

Anakin felt more guilt from Mike beginning to build with that question. He was thrilled that Mike chose to name the baby after his birth mother.

?Mike?? Danny questioned with concern. ?It doesn?t matter how, we?re just curious.?

?It?s after his mother,? Anakin answered with a frown. ?Her name was Kasha. She keeps checking in on Mike from time to time.?

?I completely forgot about the name,? Sheila said with a gentle smile not being able to take her eyes off the baby girl. ?It doesn?t matter. We plan on spoiling her. We brought some things with us.?

Mike smiled with relief clearly on his face as Anakin patted his son?s shoulder. He turned his attention to Danny with a frown. ?Did you need help getting the things off the ship or??

?I could use a little help,? Danny answered with a smile as Sheila handed Kasha over to him. ?So I heard from a little bird that Sherry is due soon??

?Four weeks,? Anakin answered as he shot Mike and I know it was you expression. ?I can?t wait and Mike is going to have a new baby sister soon.?

?That reminds me, we brought something for you and Sherry too,? Sheila said with a grin.

?You didn?t have to do that,? Anakin commented with a small smile. ?I appreciate the gesture on what ever it is.?

?Come on, Dad,? Mike said with a small smile. ?Let?s get the things off the ship.?

?I hope you don?t mind, Mike. I want to talk with Anakin alone,? Danny said with a frown.

Mike frowned as he glanced at Anakin who gave him a confused expression. ?Sure, I suppose.?

Anakin followed Danny out of the room and down the hall to the e

9. DaenaBenjen42

May 15, 2005
    Anakin looked up as Mike walked into the living room and eyed him with a smile. ?What are you so happy about??

?Having a daughter of my own, watching you fuss over her,? Mike answered as he stepped towards the couch and sat down.

Definitely something to be overjoyed about. :)

10. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002

Here's the next chapter
    ------------
    --------------------------
    Arwen walked into the med ward and stepped inside Carly?s room. She smiled gently noticing Mike was sitting beside the bed with Kasha in his arms. Carly was watching Mike and Kasha with a smile. Carly looked up with a soft smile as Arwen moved towards the bed. ?Hey kiddo, would you mind??

?Of course not, Aunt Arwen,? Mike answered with a grin as he handed Kasha over.

Arwen looked down at the small bundle in her arms as Kasha opened her eyes. She noted the bluish green, a mixture of Mike and Carly?s eyes. ?She has pretty eyes,? she complimented with a small smile as Mike stood up allowing her to sit down. ?I can?t believe she?s my great niece. I?m going to kill Anakin later.?

?Seems to be the theme of the day,? Mike said in a teasing tone. ?Where is Dad anyways??

?Some of the masters drew straws earlier to see who would be the first one to work with Mekaila. Seems everyone wants a chance to help train her. Anakin got the lucky straw, so he?s in a training session with Mekaila at the moment,? Arwen explained with a smile as she looked down at Kasha again noting some of the features definitely were inherited from her parents and some from Carly?s side.

?Dad felt depressed to me a few minutes ago. Do you know what that was about?? Mike questioned with a concerned frown.

Arwen gave a short nod as she shifted Kasha in her arms. ?The twins have recently been bugging Anakin to tell them what he did to mom, dad, and you,? she explained with a frustrated sigh. ?I have this feeling that Anakin doesn?t want to discuss the details with them. Not that I blame him. I didn?t push for the details because I did see a big change come over him at age two. This is before the twins? time and I did have him as a teacher more then a few times. I knew there is a lot he isn?t telling me but I prefer not too know.?

Mike nodded in agreement. ?I don?t want to know anymore then what he?s told me already,? he commented with a shiver. ?It?s bad enough to know he ran a lightsaber through mom while she was still pregnant with me.?

?Now I definitely don?t want to know,? Arwen commented with a serious frown. She glanced back down at Kasha with a gentle smile. ?I remember before you came to the Academy he was talking to Kasha in his sleep. I woke up and listened to him talking in his sleep,? she paused for a second and shook her head sadly. ?Changing the subject, we?re going to have so much fun together. We?ll go camping, family get together?s, spoil her.?

?I know you will,? Carly commented with a grin.

Arwen looked up with a short nod. ?I have plans for her a little, hope you don?t mind.?

?If you didn?t, I would be shocked,? Mike said with a smile. ?What kind of plans??

?Taking her to the zoo, the park, getting her treats, clothing and what ever else she needs,? Arwen answered with a grin. ?When she?s old enough, for now I?m going to enjoy holding her and maybe pick up any baby things you guys need.?

?We appreciate the thought, Arwen,? Carly said with a gentle smile.

Arwen gave a small smile as she watched her parents walk through the door. ?Hi Mom and Dad.?

?Hello Arwen,? Fress greeted with a smile as Arwen stood up and handed Kasha to her mother. ?Hello Kasha,? she smiled down at the small baby. ?And how is my great granddaughter doing today??

?Still want to kill that kid of my mine,? Jess commented with a frown.

?You and me and both, Dad,? Arwen said with a small smile. ?I may let you help.?

Jess shook his head sadly as he wrapped his arms around Fress and looked down at Kasha. ?It?s been a long time since I held a baby. Just think, we have a great granddaughter now.?

?It?s wonderful, isn?t it?? Fress questioned with a contented sigh. ?I love you, Jess.?

?I love you too, Fress,? Jess repeated as Fress handed Kasha over to him. ?We?re so going to spoil her.?

?As if you haven?t already,? Arwen teased with a smile. ?Kasha has enough clothing to last her the next couple of years at

11. DaenaBenjen42

May 15, 2005
    First... it was off-screen, but... Luke and Mara got married!!!!! [face_dancing] And had Ben!!!! [face_dancing]

Second... Love the human element of the ill-timed curiosity of the twins. And every last reaction to it.

Third: I'm late reviewing due to malicious boards code problem. AVG wouldn't let me near the boards. Grrr... argg...

12. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Thanks for the feedback Daena [:D]

Here's the next chapter
    --------
    Anakin Shern sat down at the table as Jess, Fress, and Anakin eyed him with varying expressions of curiosity. He called the meeting on Berias, Shawn, and Arianna?s behalf to ask permission to begin training them in the positive side of the Force. It made it very difficult to train them the other way and this way promised not to be as easy. ?I was talking with Shawn and Arianna earlier and I?m wondering if it would be all right to start a different type of training session with them.?

?What type of training session did you have in mind, Anakin?? His grandfather asked with a serious frown.

?You know it?s been difficult to train them due to being sensitive in the negative side of the Force rather than the positive side. I?m not sure how you will feel about this or not. I was thinking we could train them to learn to open their minds to both sides of the Force,? Anakin paused for a second as all three nodded in agreement. He felt relief wash through him.

?It?s a good idea,? Fress agreed with a smile. ?I?m not entirely sure that the twins are ready. Especially after the way they bugged you about your past.?

?I know Berias is definitely ready,? Anakin commented with a touch bit of pride. ?Anakin, would you like to work with him??

?Would love to,? Anakin answered in a slightly hesitant voice. ?On the other hand, I think we have to train all three at once or we could see some jealousy rise??

?Anakin,? Jess cut him off with a raise of his hand. ?The twins need to learn restraint before they can fully open their minds to what they need to learn. They?re not ready. Work with Berias, let your mother and I handle your brother and sister. It will hit them hard. We?ll explain it to them.?

Anakin nodded as he took a deep breath afraid of how the twins will react to mom and dad?s decision. It was up to them when they felt the twins were ready. ?To be honest, Mom, I agree with your decision. The twins aren?t ready.?

?Then it?s settled,? Fress said with a small smile.

?If it?s all right with you, Grandfather, I would like to start working with Berias this afternoon,? Anakin suggested with a frown.

?That sounds like good idea to me.?
    ------------------
    Anakin sat down at his desk as he waited for Berias to show. He knew the twins would most likely be not too pleased with mom and dads decision and a part of him feels this maybe a punishment to them. The door opened as he looked up and watched as Berias walked in. He smiled to himself noting just how much Berias looked like Anakin Skywalker at that age, a near spitting image. ?I?m glad you could make it on short notice. Take a seat, Berias and I will explain why I have asked you to meet me here.?

Berias gave a short nod as he sat down at on a chair with a curious expression on his face. ?Dad said he felt I was ready for something but wouldn?t explain what he meant. He told me you would explain it.?

Anakin gave a short nod as he took a deep breath. ?We feel you?re ready for the next step in your training. It?s to learn to open your mind and be able to touch the positive side of the Force and be able to efficiently touch both sides effortlessly. This type of training is still in the testing stage. There has never been to date no Jedi that was born in the negative side instead of the positive side.?

?There is a danger, isn?t there?? Berias questioned with a frown.

?There will always be a danger to training as a Jedi,? Anakin answered with a frown. ?If I feel it is becoming too much for you to handle. I won?t hesitate to call off the session. Now that being said, are you still willing to go through with this??

Berias gave a nod with a smile. ?I know you won?t let anything bad happen. I trust you.?

Anakin gave a short nod as he opened his mind to Berias?s. This was something he already tried and found he didn?t need to go through so much effort to read the twins or Berias anymore. The more he thought about why his parents said not yet for the twins was it took so muc

13. dancing_star

dancing_star Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2007
    ?I?m so glad you and mom could make it.?

Bryon stepped towards the bed as Brenda entered behind him. He hugged Sherry tightly to him. ?Oh sweetheart, your little boy is beautiful.?

?Thanks Dad,? Sherry answered with a smile. ?I?m going to be stuck in here until our daughter is born. Are you sure it?s okay to name him after Uncle Ethan??

?Oh sweetheart, I would be thrilled if you did name him after my brother,? Bryon said with a smile. ?Are you okay with that name??

?More then okay. I like that name to be honest,? Sherry answered with a smile.

?I think we just named him,? Anakin said with a grin. ?Ethan Shern.?

Wonderful updates!! =D= Very sweet. [face_love] Great job as always! [:D]

14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Nice name - Ethan -- :D

Sweet family moments.

15. DaenaBenjen42

May 15, 2005
    Something from the middle of the update that got to me: if they did it FOUR DAYS before the probable conception date... doesn't that mean they did it around that time so there is no discrephency? (And no, this is not a soapbox moment.)

Anakin's allergy to smelling salts! Good touch, that. And I loved that he got all tuckered out over removing mental blocks.

And... babies!!!! [face_dancing]

Well done, and I'd love some more. :)

16. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Thanks for the wonderful feedback everyone [:D]

Here's more
    ---------------------
    Anakin sat down in the chair with Ethan in his arms. I?m in so much love with this boy, he thought with a inward grin. ?My dear son, wait until I teach you what the Shern personality is all about,? he whispered as he held up a bottle to his son?s lips. ?You have a heritage you will be proud of.?

?Anakin,? Brenda said with a smile causing Anakin to look up with a gentle smile. ?I?m proud of you and Sherry. But something doesn?t add up about you and Mike.?

?You didn?t tell them, Anakin?? Fress questioned with a frown. ?I thought you would?ve by now.?

?My story is a little hard to swallow,? Anakin reminded his mom with a frown. ?Sherry wasn?t sure if they would believe it or not.?

?We come from an unbelievable family,? Jess reminded Anakin with a frown.

?Tell Daemon?? Anakin began to say as Jess glared at him.

?I?m not telling that man anything,? Jess growled as he crossed his arms.

?I think he?s okay,? Anakin said with a sly smirk then he frowned. ?This may be a good time to tell the story,? he paused for a second as Mike glanced at him and nodded. ?I retain memories from an alternate life and Mike was my unborn son during that time. I?m not proud about what I?m about to say either. I fell to the dark side and did some unspeakable horror. I killed Kasha while she was still pregnant with Mike. The Force brought Mike back to life with my girlfriends and my dna. Mike and I were reunited when I was still a toddler. He came to the Academy and I found out from Kasha that he was born into this life. I didn?t want to tell him at first but thanks to a Sith Lord?s spirit Mike found out about me. I was given a mission to complete by the Force a year later and was given a thirteen-year-old body for completing the mission successfully. I met Sherry shortly later.?

?Does Sherry know about this?? Bryon asked in concern.

?Sherry knows,? Anakin answered with a smile. ?She loves having Mike as a step son. I?ve been straight with Sherry from the beginning. We weren?t sure how you would react so we didn?t say anything right away.?

?I see,? Bryon said with a frown and shook his head. ?Wow, that?s not something I was expecting, to be honest.?

?We were careful on who knew about Anakin,? Fress added in with a frown. ?We didn?t want the holo journalists catching wind that a two year old held the rank of Jedi Master and was teaching at the academy. It?s not a well known fact about Anakin.?

?So that makes Sherry a grandmother already?? Brenda asked her eyes widening in surprise.

?Yes it does,? Anakin answered with a smile as he placed the bottle down on a small end table beside the chair he was sitting in. He shifted Ethan in his arms and gently caressed his son?s cheek. ?I love my children and would throw my life on the line for them without a second thought.?

?It makes me proud to hear you say that, Anakin,? Fress said with a proud smile.

?I think you understand better now,? Jess said with a smile as he walked to the chair Anakin was sitting in. ?You?ve learned quite a bit from your mistakes and I?m very proud of you.?

?Thanks Dad,? Anakin said as he handed Ethan to Jess. ?Your grandson is asking for you,? he said not being able to resist reminding his dad.

?I feel so ancient right now,? Jess muttered with a frown. ?Two grandsons, a granddaughter is still on the way and a great granddaughter.?

?Enjoy this life, dad,? Anakin reminded Jess with a small smile. ?The peace never lasts in this line of work.?

?True,? Jess said with a smile as he held Ethan. ?I?m so in love with you, little Jedi.?

?We?ve been through so much,? Fress said with a smile. ?It?s nice to have this kind of life for once.?

?No argument there,? Jess agreed with a smile as Fress walked to him and wrapped her arms around him. ?I love you, Fress.?

?I love you, Jess,? Fress returned as she looked down at Ethan.

Anakin watched his parents and saw a peaceful expression on each of their faces. He was glad they were both ha

17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Worrisome stay in the medward -- never a good thing [face_thinking]

18. DaenaBenjen42

May 15, 2005
    Went to family party thing on Sunday, kept getting shooed away from computer... and all of that is by no means an excuse. Family party was awesome.

This update: Mike coming down with unknown illness? [:D] [:D] [face_worried] [:D] for them!!!

Well done, and... *dashes off to PM* :)

19. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002

Here's the next chapter
    ---------
    Anakin?s eyes snapped open as he glanced around the darkened room trying to figure out what had wakened him. He remembered some type of motion like jerking. Maybe his head slipped off his hand? He glanced towards the bed and noted Mike was still asleep in the bed causing him to feel relief. He glanced at Collins who was busy checking vitals. ?What?s the word?? He whispered loud enough for Collins to hear him.

?His fever finally broke an hour ago,? Collins answered with a frown. ?The test results came back. He has a bacterial infection. It?s going to be a day or two before Mike starts feeling better. Luckily it?s not contagious,? he continued to explain as he took a small bag off the I.V. rack. ?I?ve ordered anti-biotics to be administered to him through I.V. drip for the next couple of days. When I feel he?s good enough on his own, we?ll send him back to his room with a week?s worth of anti-biotics. We have a spare cot if you want to sleep on something proper other then a small chair,? he explained as he pointed to a cot sitting by Mike?s bed. ?Something tells me this is the only way you?ll sleep, or you won?t rest at all.?

Anakin glanced at the cot and nodded as he felt a twinge in his neck. ?Not a bad idea,? he commented as he stood up and walked to the cot and settled down underneath the sheets. ?Thanks Collins.?

?You?re welcome. Don?t worry about Mike. I have someone checking up on him periodically. We?ll wake you if anything changes.?
    ------------------
    Fress followed Jess, Kay, and Kyp towards the detention level where she was told that Admiral Sherkins was waiting for them. They had a Yuuzhan Vong prisoner and it would give them the opportunity to test theories about the negative and positive side of the Force. She frowned as Sherkins bowed in their direction. She returned the bow. ?Admiral, you said you have a Yuuzhan Vong in custody??

?Yes Master Shern,? Sherkins answered with a frown. ?He?s in here. Ugly to be honest, no nose, gray skin that?s been tattooed. He?s not the only one we have in custody.?

?I see,? Fress muttered as she glanced towards the Yuuzhan Vong and shivered. His physical body tone spoke of a warrior. She glanced at Kyp as he studied the Yuuzhan Vong.

?I?m not looking forward to this,? Kyp muttered unhappily as he glanced at Kay who shook her head. He wrapped an arm around her shoulders.

?Kay, can you read him through the Force?? Fress questioned in curiosity. Kay paused for a second as Fress felt the young girl stretch out then shook her head a minute later.

?No I can?t,? Kay answered with a frustrated sigh. ?The Force is going to be useless to us.?

Kyp glanced at Fress with a frown. ?You?re turn. Let?s see how well your theory works.?

Fress nodded as she made contact with the Yuuzhan Vong. ?Can you understand what I am saying?? The Yuuzhan Vong paused for a second then gave a slow nod. ?Good, what?s your name??

The Yuuzhan Vong paused for a second. ?Vua Rapuung.?

?That sounds familiar,? Kyp muttered under his breath with a frown. ?Why does it sound so?? He paused for a second as his eyes widened in shock. ?You?re the one that Anakin Solo made a truce with so you could work together clearing your name.?

?I don?t know what you?re talking about, infidel,? Vua Rapuung growled.

?Not in this life time, trust me,? Kyp answered with a sad shake of his head.

Fress raised an eyebrow in shock as she glanced at Kyp. ?Talk about messing with the time lines,? she turned her attention back to the warrior as she stretched out with the Force connecting her mind with the negative side of the Force and raised an eyebrow as the warriors presence shone brightly. ?I can feel him through the negative side of the Force. We?ll start training as many Jedi as possible to connect up to the negative side. It should give us an advantage,? she paused for a second as she attempted to feel him through the positive. The warrior felt like a blank to her now, she switched back to the negative t

20. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Hi:

=D=
    =D=
    =D= !!!!!

I love the tenor and tone you're setting with both the younger and what I call the junior senior generations [face_laugh] The former coming up nicely and in key positions and learning from the older generation; the older generation still active and providing guidance and a steadying, encouraging hand as well as practical experience [face_thinking]

Not falling into the pitfalls of either having them do what they did at the same hectic pace as they did when they were younger or consigned to the nebulous background :p of being WAY behind the scenes o_O

A super, tricky balance.

21. DaenaBenjen42

May 15, 2005
    ?Their World Ships are dying,? Kyp supplied with a frown. ?And I seem to remember something about a seedling planet? The whole gods thing is just an excuse to attack us.?

?You insult our intelligence and honor, infidel,? Vua challenged with a growl.

Oh yeah... totally didn't miss the Vong and love that Kyp knows what's going on and what they need to find.

Well done and I'd love some more. :) ( [:D] [:D] )

22. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Thanks for the positive feedback everyone [:D]

Here's the next chapter
    -----------
    Nom Anor kneeled below the War Master?s feet. So far the fleets have been ready for them. Someone had prepared them with knowledge of their moves and weak spots inside their fighters. ?War Master, we have been betrayed.?

?That is a serious accusation, Executioner,? the war master answered. ?On what evidence??

?The fleets are ready for our forces and so far have held their grounds steadily. They know our moves and weaknesses with our fighters,? Nom Anor outlined with neutral expression.

?I shall meditate and perhaps a solution will present itself,? the War Master spoke with a frown. ?Perhaps the god of war can provide me an answer. I suspect there is more to this then it originally appears. Call our forces back until I have an answer for you and we come up with a new plan of action.?

?Your wish is my command, War Master.?
    ------------------
    Han dropped out of hyperspace as lasers brushed the side of the Falcon. Was it his imagination or did they drop in the middle of a war zone? ?Jaina, Jacen, get to the cannons. Breanna, I want you up here with me.?

?What do you want me to do, Dad?? Breanna asked as she sat down in the chair behind the pilots chair.

?Chewie, help the twins,? Han commanded as the Wookiee stood up and walked to the backend of the Falcon. ?I want you to work the front cannon for me. Shoot down anything that looks like a moving rock.?

?Ummm?? Breaana glanced at Han in confusion.

?It?ll move like a star fighter,? Han said as he pointed to a bunch of moving rocks.

?I see now,? Breanna said as she aimed the cannon to the nearest ship and shot it out of the sky.

?Good shot, sweetheart,? Han said with pride in his voice. ?See if you can do that again.?

Breanna concentrated on her firing as the Falcon?s com demanded his attention. He hit the receive button.

?Falcon this is Snips, what are you doing out here?? Ahsoka questioned.

?Enjoying the view,? Han answered in a non-serious tone. ?It?s quite the sight from up here.?

?It?s gotten interesting,? Ahsoka answered as Han caught sight of her fighter pulling up beside him.

?Need any help, Snips?? Han questioned.

?Help is always welcome,? Ahsoka answered as she dropped in behind a fighters tail and shot it down. ?The main part of their fleet pulled out five minutes ago. We?re just mopping up now.?

?Sounds like we missed the party,? Han commented with a frown. ?We?re hoping to pair the kids with some Jedi Masters for front line training.?

?I was no older then Breanna when I started,? Ahsoka commented as she nailed another fighter. ?I think that was the last of them. The Madine, this is Snips. Are there anymore out there??

?Nope we?re done,? the communications officer answered. ?Is that the Falcon I see??

?Yeah and he was just leaving,? Ahsoka answered and Han could just picture the smug grin on her face as she said this.

?Nice try, Snips,? Han answered with a frown. ?The Madine this is General Solo of the New Republic military, prepare to be boarded.?

?Voice print confirmed,? the communications officer said. ?Welcome aboard the Madine.?
    --------------
    Anakin Shern watched as Mike finally sat up without assistance for the first time in thirty-six hours. That gave him hope that Mike was finally on the mend from this current infection. ?How are you feeling??

Mike shook his head as turned his attention to Anakin. ?I still feel yucky but at least I feel like the worst of it is over.?

?That?s a relief to know,? Anakin said with a small smile then sobered. ?Arwen lost two members of Shadow Squadron yesterday, Red and Brett.?

Mike shook his head as he bit down on his lip. ?I can?t believe it. They?ve been apart of that squadron for years. How did Aunt Arwen take it??

?Not good,? Anakin admitted with a frown. ?According to mom, it hit her pretty hard. It?s pretty hard to take on your first time out.?

Mike nodded in agreement as he swung his legs off the bed. He sat there for a minute before he looked

23. DaenaBenjen42

May 15, 2005
    Loved the talk that Jaina finally got to have with Kyp.

24. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002

Here's more :D

---------------
    -------------
    Ahsoka came to a stop beside Kay as they watched Kyp and Jaina clear a few things between them. ?And here I thought the sparks really flew between Fress and Anakin when they got into an argument. You can hear these two across the entire ship.?

?I know, you should?ve heard it,? Kay commented with a frown. ?Jaina even called Kyp a jerk.?

?I don?t think he?s like that anymore,? Ahsoka said with a frown as they both stood up and hugged.

?You don?t think he would leave me for her now that they know their feelings for each other?? Kay asked worriedly.

?If Kyp did, then he would turn out to be the jerk Jaina called him. I highly doubt it,? Ahsoka answered with a frown. ?He would be an ass if he did.?

Kay nodded with a frown and shook her head. ?I hope not. I don?t think he would, all the things we?ve been through would be meaningless.?

?Kay, I can tell that boy is in love with you,? Ahsoka said with a frown. ?He looks at you and you can tell he would rather be alone with you than anyone else at that very moment.?

?Kay, is there something wrong?? Kyp questioned tenderly as he took her hands into his. ?What?s wrong, sweetheart?? He asked looking into Kay?s eyes.

?You won?t leave me for her will you?? Kay asked with a worried expression.

Kyp gently swept Kay into his arms. ?Now why would you think that, love??

?Aunt Kay, I could never come between you and Kyp. And quite frankly I think it?s about time Kyp learned to share his life with someone and not wait an eternity,? Jaina said with a soft smile. ?I must warn you now. Kyp and I can get really vocal with each other.?

Kay nodded as relief washed over her face as she leaned into Kyp. ?I love you, Kyp.?

?I love you, Kay. That will never change. I?m in this relationship for the long haul. We?ve been through so much together already. If I threw that all away then this relationship would be meaningless,? Kyp whispered in her ear. ?Besides the kids would hate me for it.?

?Durron, I?m itching for someone to play with in the training room,? Jaina said with a smirk. ?And I?m looking to even the score with you.?

?You think you can finally take me on?? Kyp questioned with a smug grin. ?I?d like to see you try.?

?Do you have any wine to go with that ego of yours?? Jaina questioned with a smirk. ?You got nerve, Durron.?

?You got no self preservation,? Kyp shot back with a frown. ?Skywalker?s seem to born without it.?

Jaina rolled her eyes at the comment. ?Let?s go, there?ll be time for insults later.?

?Your wish is my command, goddess,? Kyp said with a slight bow causing Jaina to glower.

?Cut the goddess crap, will yeah? You knew that was starting to get on my nerves after a while,? Jaina said with a frown.

?You chose to sit on her mantel,? Kyp reminded her with an annoying grin. ?The title came with it.?

Jaina rolled her eyes causing Kay and Ahsoka to look confused. ?It?s a long story.?

?Short version?? Kay questioned with a frown.

?I learned about this one goddess they were worshiping called the Trickster goddess. I decided to trick them and everyone around me called me goddess just to keep them guessing even though I really wasn?t,? Jaina explained with a frown. ?To be honest, Kyp uses it just to get underneath my skin on purpose.?

?I see,? Kay muttered to herself as Kyp wrapped an arm around her. ?So the whole goddess nickname was a general one??

?Yes it was and it annoys her,? Kyp added with a sly grin towards Jaina as she shook her head with a warning glare.

?I knew it. You do that on purpose just to get a rise out of me. Your new nickname should be annoying,? Jaina ground out between her teeth causing Kyp to grin. ?I?m going to wipe that grin off your face and wipe the floor with it.?

?Good luck with that, let me know how it turns out,? Kyp growled playfully.

?Since when do you speak in third person?? Jaina challenged with a frown.

?Just finding new ways to annoy you,? Kyp answered with a slight smi

25. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Loved the Kyp/Jaina moments and the Kyp/Ahsoka one as well.
    "Captain Cardboard" [face_laugh] -- ahem... you're talking to a Jag fan over here! [face_laugh]

Not how I would describe him! =P~

;)

[face_mischief]