main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Comics A Look Back at Dark Horse Star Wars, Year By Year: Now Discussing 1998 [WARNING: IMAGE INTENSE]

Discussion in 'Literature' started by The2ndQuest , Jan 13, 2014.

1. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    Boba Fett is overrated. Your glorious bounty hunter in battle:

2. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
    I think it's an exaggeration to call that the worst SW scene ever. Also, why didn't they dub in Temuera Morrison screaming "What the?!"

_Catherine_ likes this.
  3. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    Maybe Tumera was the real Boba and the other one died, so there was two Bobas....I could see George doing that. I think you just discovered something.

4. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    You realise your talking about the most interesting Bounty Hunter in the galaxy don't you
    [face_waiting]

5. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Fett is a lot like Thrawn in many respects - both are prone to being turned from Villains into Anti-Heroes.

(In Fett's case, Daniel Keys Moran especially tried to portray his "firm moral code" - but other authors as well).

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  6. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    Back when TPM came out I remember one of the big claims at the time from purists was that the Sith backstory given in the movie (and moreso in the novelization) contradicted the TOTJ background. But I feel like, if you do work from the assumption that both proceeded from ideas that stemmed out of Lucas, you can see how there are definitely similarities - in both cases the Sith originate with renegade Jedi thousands of years ago, tear themselves apart due to the dark side and are apparently destroyed in a war with the Jedi, only to continue in secret with a basic master-apprentice system in place. I have no problem thinking that Lucas gave Veitch the ideas which then evolved into what Lucas went with in TPM.

Iron_lord likes this.
  7. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000

January 1995
    Classic Star Wars: The Early Adventures #6 / Cover
    Dark Empire II #2 (of 6): Duel on Nar Shaddaa / Cover
    Droids Special / Cover
    Tales of the Jedi: Dark Lords of the Sith, part 4 (of 6): Death of a Dark Jedi / Cover

February 1995
    Classic Star Wars: The Early Adventures #7 / Cover
    Dark Empire II #3 (of 6): World of the Ancient Sith / Cover
    Tales of the Jedi: Dark Lords of the Sith, part 5 (of 6): Sith Secrets / Cover

March 1995
    Classic Star Wars: The Vandelhelm Mission / Cover
    Classic Star Wars: The Early Adventures #8 / Cover
    Dark Empire II #4 (of 6): Battle on Byss / Cover
    Tales of the Jedi: Dark Lords of the Sith, part 6 (of 6): Jedi Assault / Cover

April 1995
    Classic Star Wars: The Early Adventures #9 / Cover
    Dark Empire II #5 (of 6): The Galaxy Weapon / Cover
    Droids #1: Rebellion, part 1 (of 4) / Cover
    Jabba the Hutt: The Gaar Suppoon Hit / Cover

May 1995
    Dark Empire II #6 (of 6): Hand of Darkness / Cover
    Droids #2: Rebellion, part 2 (of 4) / Cover

June 1995
    Droids #3: Rebellion, part 3 (of 4) / Cover
    Jabba the Hutt: The Hunger of Princess Nampi / Cover
    River of Chaos #1 (of 4) / Cover

July 1995
    Droids #4: Rebellion, part 4 (of 4) / Cover
    River of Chaos #2 (of 4) / Cover
    X-Wing: Rogue Squadron #1: The Rebel Opposition, part 1 (of 4) / Cover

August 1995
    Jabba the Hutt: The Dynasty Trap / Cover
    Tales of the Jedi: The Sith War, part 1 (of 6): Edge of the Whirlwind / Cover
    X-Wing: Rogue Squadron #2: The Rebel Opposition, part 2 (of 4) / Cover
    X-Wing: Rogue Squadron: Apple Jacks Special Bonus Story / Cover

September 1995
    Droids #5: Season of Revolt, part 1 (of 4) / Cover
    River of Chaos #3 (of 4) / Cover
    Tales of the Jedi: The Sith War, part 2 (of 6): The Battle of Coruscant / Cover
    X-Wing: Rogue Squadron #3: The Rebel Opposition, part 3 (of 4) / Cover

October 1995
    Droids #6: Season of Revolt, part 2 (of 4) / Cover
    Empire's End #1 (of 2): Triumph of the Empire / Cover
    Heir to the Empire #1 (of 6) / Cover
    River of Chaos #4 (of 4) / Cover
    Tales of the Jedi: The Sith War, part 3 (of 6): The Trial of Ulic Qel-Droma / Cover
    X-Wing: Rogue Squadron #4: The Rebel Opposition, part 4 (of 4) / Cover

November 1995
    Droids #7: Season of Revolt, part 3 (of 4) / Cover
    Empire's End #2 (of 2): Rage of the Emperor / Cover
    Heir to the Empire #2 (of 6) / Cover
    Tales of the Jedi: The Sith War, part 4 (of 6): Jedi Holocaust / Cover

December 1995
    Boba Fett: Bounty on Bar-Kooda / Cover
    Droids #8: Season of Revolt, part 4 (of 4) / Cover
    Heir to the Empire #3 (of 6) / Cover
    Splinter of the Mind's Eye #1 (of 4) / Cover
    Tales of the Jedi: The Sith War, part 5 (of 6): Brother Against Brother / Cover
    Well, DHC's output certainly exploded this year, didn't it? I'm assuming with the THX rereleases and new toys coming out this year, as well as (I think) official announcements over the development of Episode I, they wanted to tale advantage of things and/or see what the market would sustain.​
    With Classic SW mostly running it's course by now (BTW, what was so special about The Vandelhelm Mission to warrant it getting reprinted as a stand-alone issue? I never understood that- and why retitle it if it's just the one issue?), we see a switch in gears to more ongoing/semi-ongoing series.​
    And I think that's actually the more interesting thing here: long before the alternating miniseries structures of DT, Rebellion, Invasion, KE, BT, etc we had what almost amounts to the same structure with a diverse lineup of DE/EE, TOTJ, Droids and X-Wing, as well as lesser minis like ROC and Jabba the Hutt.Covering a range of age appeals from darker material to lighter fare.​
    Speaking of which, has there ever been a more "why?" SW series than River of Chaos? Forgettable and somewhat perplexing story, bland art (though not terrible) and (mostly) unmemorable covers (though I get a slight Classic SW inspired vibe to them, they just don't click, IMO).​
    Even as a kid I was really struggling to care at all about that series (the closest was after Before the Storm came out and I thought maybe the titular "river" in ROC had something to do with the White Current, but a quick peak back at ROC confirmed that, nope, it was still pointless). It, more than anything else, felt like a "we need any kind of SW series" product.​
    That said, as an exception, the fourth cover isn't half bad.​
    [​IMG]
    Still, it's not a surprise that the only TPB this got before the Omni program was a Titan-published edition in the UK.

Also, the fact that anyone thought Jabba the Hutt really needed his own series either speaks to the above origin of ROC or evidence of DHC's willingness to take chances. I actually liked the Jabba one-shots, but even I find it such an odd choice. But, how often do you see a Hutt resolve a situation like this?:​
    [​IMG]
    The series would probably have had better exposure if the TPB had at least emphasized one of the better covers instead of just slapping a photo on the TPB. I mean, the cover to issue #1 was awful but this one is rather neat:​
    [​IMG]
    And this one at least kind of implies Jabba's command/tactical ability:​
    [​IMG]
    Droids' numerical confusion aside, it seemed to serve the function as a kid-friendly ongoing. Though I tend to mix the series up, I think this as the series where 3PO's gold leg gets swapped out for a silver one- which was a Big Deal Detail back then that the films ultimately glossed over. However, the series did back away from that and swap his gold leg back in (I guess out of fear that the prequels would explain that). The covers didn't stand out, generally, but this one is striking:​
    [​IMG]
    And I think this one has a personal nostalgia to me for some reason- I just remember seeing this cover a lot. I think it was one of the first of the series I purchased or acquired from a friend:​
    [​IMG]
    It's also interesting to see DHC switching to a "support the novels" model here. Besides multiple adaptations running concurrently of SOTME and TTT, they're also making a direct prequel to the X-Wing books. Or maybe they're trying to piggyback off them for the time being. Either way, it seems like a clear initative at this point- at least for the next year or so.​
    Still, it was cool to get visuals to go with these stories (even if the stylized approach was unexpected). And, at the time, I didn't have clear memories of TTT's specifics as I had only read them when they first came out (didn't reread them till the early 2000's- one of the few books I have reread). Though I remember even back then that the "artistic license" taken with the Noghri to comic bookize them was controversial at the time.​
    [​IMG]
    Meanwhile the SOTME adaptation was a nice way to break down the barrier between the modern material and the older material, which didn't seem as appealing prior.​
    [​IMG]
    Still, this year's initial focus is really all about the DE & TOTJ series. TOTJ just kept building its epic. There were also a few key moments, such as the "because of you, the Sith will never die" and, oh yeah, that whole Mandalore thing. Seems like that should have taken off somehow.​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    They also delivered some neat covers, as one would expect by this point. Also, "Jedi Assault" feels like the progenitor to other SW titles like Rebel Assault and First Assault.​
    [​IMG]
    Not that DE2 didn't dominate with it's covers either- this issue in particular was the one issue that sold out before I could get a copy and it never got reordered at my shop. All the other issues were easy to get. So the Tree cover? No sweat. The Boba issue? Nah, you can't have that, Quest.​
    A couple years later Dorman would rework this cover into a memorable Boba print as well- one that would also sell out before I could get my hands on a copy. This art means collector torment to me. And it's awesome.

[​IMG]
    But at least I was able to get my Fett Fix with issue #4​
    [​IMG]
    ...which i think captures that rivalry and their opposite-sides-of-the-coin nature better than anything else. And may have done more than even ESB in establishing that rivalry.​
    And it closed out on top.​
    [​IMG]
    Now, obviously, EE was a huge wasted opportunity, being cut down from 6 issues to 2, cutting short the great epic that launched DHC's SW line to begin with. Such a shame.​
    DE2 really was pretty decent except that, unlike DE1, it didn't have a solid ending, so since that ending is EE, the loss of quality in the compressed storytelling AND the loss of Cam's fantastic and unique art style that brought so much to the series (replaced by a different style and just colored to try and match somewhat but never succeeding) drags down DE2 by association and functional necessity.​
    Still, this is the final end of Palpatine and his quest for eternal life. Ironic on a few levels- he was undone by his need to pursue the body of a Jedi child. Gee, a shame you, ya know, killed them all.​
    [​IMG]
    Spinning out of the DE wheelhouse (but this time with Cam Kennedy), we get the first Boba Fett one-shot which almost function as a "Star Wars Annual" for the next few years. While pretty decent reads, they were also unexpectedly... odd?​
    [​IMG]
    While they had their obligatory unstoppable Boba action sequences, the main plot always seemed to want to put Fett on stranger cases with slightly more comedic characters or elements (presumably as a juxtaposition) instead of the more typical bounty missions one would expect.​
    I dunno, maybe they didn't want to detract from his more serious DE2 escapades?​
    (TBC in next cost due to image embed limits)

8. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    (cont'd from above- next time I'll use fewer images!)

And, finally, we have the launch of the first true ongoing (as it's hard to say what Droids really was, honestly)- though I've read they only planned the series to run for the first 3 arcs and was just expanded beyond that later on, so maybe saying it launched as an ongoing is technically inaccurate?​
    Regardless, it launches with the third Dorman cover to be absolutely iconic:​
    [​IMG]
    And the subsequent issues weren't any slouches either:​
    [​IMG]
    #4 was actually one of the few issues I missed back in the day as well- and, even years later, it was extremely difficult to track down (at least not without buying a full set of all 4 issues of the arc). Given that this was the only XWRS arc to not get a TPB release prior to Omni (not counting Rogue Leader, which was made much later on with the Omnis in mind), that made it fairly frustrating. I did eventually get a copy however.​
    [​IMG]
    An interesting BTS detail is that that cover originally depicted Tycho in a TIE Pilot suit due to an editorial mistake, so the corrected version had to be superimposed digitally over it to create the final issue above. Here's the original artwork:​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Also, worth noting that TRO is one of the few stories to get a revision in a collected edition- for the Omnibus release, two references to "Coruscant" and "Endor" that caused continuity issues were changed to "Command" or removed.​
    (there may have been other changes, since Randy described the changes as "substantive"to the story, but I haven't been able to dig that thread up yet, and the above was ID'd by TC who only had the first 2 issues to compare it against)​
    However, digging through the old TPB Resource Thread discussions over the release did point out that the iffy use of Winter's "Targeter" codename is still an issue, which had an amusing enough exchange worth pasting in here:​
    And to close this out, as I only just now figured out how to access some of the Wook's category organizations, I just wanted to highlight 3 last panels from DE1 before we close out discussion of the DE series as a whole:​
    The first- it's not often that a comic quote for a character becomes arguably as famous as his film lines:​
    [​IMG]
    The ultimate You Do NOT **** With Leia panel of all SW:​
    [​IMG]
    And, well, another wouldyoulookatthat!:​
    [​IMG]

We can get an animated series that looks like that for the next show, right?

KamSolusar likes this.
  9. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Hey, hey, hey. Some respect for River of Chaos, please. The randomness of its existence is glorious. It's just hanging out, being this comic about a TIE bomber pilot and a princess chick who got adopted by a fortune-telling dog, and also Leia is a supporting character. It really does feel super early-EUey -- the age when we were getting WEG and short stories about the Wingers and Brandls and random smugglers and everything else. I really like that we got an OC-focused comic this early; the setting is more important than the particular characters. Also, the only existing character to appear is Leia, which is simply fantastic. Leia never gets to have a solo adventure and stand on her own, out from under Luke and Han's shadow. But here she does, and it's very cool.

It's really a pretty good comic. Also, gloriously random.

10. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    That's... actually a very good defense of the comic. I've never looked at it that way before. In that context, I might actually have a new found appreciation for it. But I still think that, despite it's good intentions and initial premise, it fails to make an impression and remains fairly dull.

When I get around to rereading it for the GCW thread project, I'll try to keep that POV in mind though.

11. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    What, you mean make Rebels look like Dark Empire's art style? Holy kriff no!

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  12. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    [​IMG]

13. Protectorate

Protectorate Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 11, 2013
    Man, the Joe Camel aliens in ROC are the weirdest things around. I wonder why they never got much more than a name drop in the Essential Guide to Planets and Moons. It was so weird to see a picture of a H'drachi in the Atlas. Kudos to Trevas for that.

I think Season of Revolt is probably the best DH Droids story, and that's saying something, since most Droids stories range from way too over the top campy (Kalarba Adventures) to over-philosophical and somewhat deep (Rebellion). I think Season of Revolt finds a happy medium between those two. Dictator Forever Craw is such a bizarre character, and the smiling drug is just the right amount of goofy.

I never really understood why "The Vandelhelm Mission" was reprinted as a one-off, even though it was part of the original Marvel run. I'm sure it has something to do with it being a Goodwin-Williamson comic, and they were already republishing other Goodwin-Williamson stuff. However, the other G-W stuff was from the newspaper strips, so wouldn't Dark Horse have to buy the license to "The Vandelhelm Mission" from Marvel specifically just for this one comic? Was the Classic Star Wars stuff selling so well to make it a good business decision to reprint this singular comic? Then again, maybe DH was already planning to reprint the Marvel comics at that point, and "The Vandelhelm Mission" was just a test run for that.

14. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    No that's clearly Bossk ;)

15. Dr. Steve Brule

Sep 7, 2012
    I remember seeing issues of this series in my LCS for years. I always considered picking them up, but I'm glad I didn't seem to have missed anything.​
    DLOTS was the first storyline for TOTJ that really sucked me in, and Sith War elevated it. This is still one of my favorite Dark Horse covers, and probably the image that comes to mind the most when I think of TOTJ.​
    It's funny, for some reason I thought there was a few years in between DE2 and EE. I was surprised to see that EE followed on so closely here.​
    The various Kennedy Fett one-shots are still my favorite Boba Fett stories not done by DKM. I think it's precisely because they managed to combine the real essence of him on film (certainly better than Fett's fared in any medium since 2002) and having good action, but with those real bizarre elements. They did cause me to think for a long time that Huuns and Hutts were simply the female and male names, respectively, for members of a species whose proper name hadn't been revealed yet.

For the same reason, juxtaposing action with comedy (though with more of a tilt towards the latter in this case) is why I liked these early Jabba the Hutt comics, too.

Funnily enough, even Zahn himself made the same mistake in Allegiance (and maybe Scoundrels too?)

16. jacktherack

jacktherack Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2008
    Dengar is also one hell of a bounty hunter.

Gorefiend likes this.
  17. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
  18. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
    I like the Hindu camels.

19. Dr. Steve Brule

Sep 7, 2012
    Is it explicitly stated that they were thinking about making out? If not then that filed should be renamed, and a behind the scenes section added noting that fans have interpreted that image as those two characters contemplating whether to make out, but as it is not stated in-text, that remains S-canon.

Havac likes this.
  20. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    January 1996
    Heir to the Empire #4 (of 6) / Cover

February 1996
    Jabba the Hutt: Betrayal / Cover
    Splinter of the Mind's Eye #2 (of 4) / Cover
    X-Wing: Rogue Squadron #5: The Phantom Affair, part 1 (of 4) / Cover

March 1996
    Heir to the Empire #5 (of 6) / Cover
    Tales from Mos Eisley / Cover
    X-Wing: Rogue Squadron #6: The Phantom Affair, part 2 (of 4) / Cover

April 1996
    Heir to the Empire #6 (of 6) / Cover
    Splinter of the Mind's Eye #3 (of 4) / Cover
    X-Wing: Rogue Squadron #7: The Phantom Affair, part 3 (of 4) / Cover

May 1996
    Shadows of the Empire #1 (of 6) / Cover
    X-Wing: Rogue Squadron #8: The Phantom Affair, part 4 (of 4) / Cover

June 1996
    Battle of the Bounty Hunters / Cover
    Shadows of the Empire #2 (of 6) / Cover
    Splinter of the Mind's Eye #4 (of 4) / Cover
    X-Wing: Rogue Squadron #9: Battleground: Tatooine, part 1 (of 4) / Cover

July 1996
    Shadows of the Empire #3 (of 6) / Cover
    Tales of the Jedi: The Golden Age of the Sith #0 (of 5): Conquest and Unification / Cover
    X-Wing: Rogue Squadron #10: Battleground: Tatooine, part 2 (of 4) / Cover

August 1996
    Classic Star Wars: Devilworlds #1 (of 2) / Cover
    Shadows of the Empire #4 (of 6) / Cover
    This Crumb For Hire / Cover
    X-Wing: Rogue Squadron #11: Battleground: Tatooine, part 3 (of 4) / Cover

September 1996
    Boba Fett: When the Fat Lady Swings / Cover
    Classic Star Wars: Devilworlds #2 (of 2) / Cover
    Shadows of the Empire #5 (of 6) / Cover
    X-Wing: Rogue Squadron #12: Battleground: Tatooine, part 4 (of 4) / Cover

October 1996
    Shadows of the Empire #6 (of 6) / Cover
    Tales of the Jedi: The Golden Age of the Sith #1 (of 5): Into the Unknown / Cover
    X-Wing: Rogue Squadron #13: The Warrior Princess, part 1 (of 4) / Cover

November 1996
    Tales of the Jedi: The Golden Age of the Sith #2 (of 5): Funeral for a Dark Lord / Cover

December 1996
    Tales of the Jedi: The Golden Age of the Sith #3 (of 5): The Fabric of an Empire / Cover
    X-Wing: Rogue Squadron #14: The Warrior Princess, part 2 (of 4) / Cover

Around this point It think we're really seeing the EU start to cooperate together more actively, following the springboard of 1995's adaptation launches and tie-ins like X-Wing.

[​IMG]

Here, we conclude the HTTE and SOTME adaptations and move onto the first multimedia event for Star Wars (and a warm up for the Lucasfilm machine for the Special Editions and Prequels) with Shadows of the Empire. DHC now evolving from straight adaptations to adaptation/companion piece hybrid telling it's own unique facets of the SOTE experience.

But even beyond that, we see a lot of the wider EU lore being pulled in to explore- the Mos Eisley aliens, Crumb;s backstory- jumping later on to the B'omarr Monks in X-Wing, etc.

[​IMG]

The final HTTE issue's cover strikes me for some reason. I think it was because I had missed an issue or two inbetween the first and final one and so this was sort of the taunting face reminder of "Ha ha! Your collection is incomplete!"- at least serving that function secondary to the DE2 issue I mentioned last time.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Fleming's SOTE covers were rather pretty- very colorful (especially compared to Dorman's generally earthier tones). Everyone is either bathed in backlight or shiny/glistening/reflecting things it often seems- though not to the stylized extremes of, say, the Brothers Hildebrandt.

The SOTE comic wasn't too shabby. I remember people hyping up Killian's ability to render Vader being what got him the gig but I found the results not so impressive (especially in retrospect compared to Wheatley's).

It's also worth noting that, though the SOTE commercial was a blanket commercial for all aspects of the project, it's probably the only Star Wars comic to have a commercial that actually aired on TV (AFAIK).

[​IMG]

Tales of the Jedi now moves even further back to establish another new era with The Golden Age of the Sith. While it's covers lacked the immediate "pow!" of Dorman's covers (which is not to say they were terrible covers, just more subdued, made less of an impression), the cover to #0 also caught my eye. Proably because it had that "Oh, check it out, that awesome-looking whale Jedi Master is young!" impact at the time. It'd be kind of like seeing a young Yoda.
    [​IMG]

And I don't care what anyone says- I loved the power cable lightsabers. Sure, they have obvious weakpoints- for you non-Force sensitives ;).

[​IMG]

We also get another Boba Fett issue- like I said, it almost functions as a Star Wars Annual at this point, though Boba does get a big year overall between SOTE, this and the Battle of the Bounty Hunters pop-up.

[​IMG]

Jabba finishes up his run- I think this cover deserves a caption cobtest or something...

[​IMG]

"**** this ****, I'm outta here!"

(TBC...)

21. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Meanwhile X-Wing expands beyond the original scope of the series after finishing up it's initial 3 stories. I wonder if that's one reason why Warrior Princess and it's subsequent arc ended up being less stellar than the rest of the series- as an ongoing hold-us-over until Stackpole could bring in the bigger stuff.

Still, some sweet covers- always dug the Cobra Commander/Anubis hybrid villain (even if he's clearly Kenobi and Palpatine with their faces covered up...)...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Is that Ian McKellan? ;)

Phantom Affair was one of my favorite arcs outside of the Fel stuff- I mean, this was basically the establishment of Wedge's backstory/origin. I don't recall if it had been mentioned elsewhere before this, but this was the first actual telling of it, AFAIK.

Not to mention some pretty shots of Indictors and such.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

B'omarr B'adass.

Battleground Tatooine is a bit odder- it has the most "Made in the 90's" elements outside of a Kenner toy line. I mean, we're basically 1 year after "GI Joe Extreme". What are "Aren't you a little huge for a Stormtrooper?" bulked-up, sleeveless, shaved-headed, big gun-toting action guys but "Stormtroopers Extreme"?

(well, that or any main character from a video game made between 2007 and 2013... ;) ).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

On one hand, DHC was having some fun...

[​IMG]

On the other hand...

[​IMG]

:eek: CAN'T UNSEE!!! [face_bleh]

Nom von Anor likes this.
  22. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Ah, 1996....

The insane glories of Boba Fett: When The Fat Lady Swings to the brilliant X-Wing: The Phantom Affair, which is as great now as it was then!

Alas Edvin Biukovic! :_| (WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING AT ME FOR?) Nah, blame for that isn't technically on death. There is no way that dying of a brain tumour at 40 can be deemed anything other than a very cruel card of fate.

I still think TOTJ would have been much stronger if it had been able to keep Gossett on art, Carrasco was never anywhere near as good.

23. purplerain

purplerain Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 14, 2013
    Golden Age of the Sith established that the Sith purebloods were a species in spite of Dark Lords of the Sith's art suggesting the contrary. It's interesting that the Sith species is described as "primitive". This makes me wonder if KJA intended them to not have an empire or be darksiders before the Dark Jedi showed up.

24. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004
    Tales and Shadows :D

Great stories in the arsenal.

I want to read/have Splinter. That would be great in comic form.

25. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I loved the comics from the 1st TOTJ Omnibus. Amazing!
    Shadows of the Empire was great too. Okay might need to read the book as well but the comic was great fun.