main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga A Lost Child (AU) ESB Vader/Han/Luke/ OC

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Rachel_Skywalker, Jun 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rachel_Skywalker

Rachel_Skywalker Jedi Youngling

Mar 22, 2008
    Title: A Lost Child
    Author: Rachel_Skywalker
    Timeframe: ESB (AU)
    Characters: Vader, Luke, Han, Leia, OC
    Summary: Instead of Padme having Luke and Leia, she gives birth to a girl and names her Laina but Luke and Leia are in this story. Leia's parents are actually the Organa's and Luke's parents are the Lar's. Anyway, I put Laina into Luke's place at the end of ESB and changed it a little but then after ESB, my story is what happens after Vader and Laina meet...
    Notes: In this story, Laina is about 12 and Han takes care of her with the assistance of Luke and Leia.

Prologue:

Padme searched for rescue from the horrible pain running through her body. A medical droid handed the child that Padme just gave birth to Obi Wan. He looked upon the child but saw more than pale skin. He saw the Jedi that would destroy the Sith and bring peace to the galaxy. Although his mind was filled with everything that had taken place on this sorrowful day, Obi Wan still concentrated on Padme and her child. He clearly pronounced, "It's a girl."

Padme smiled as best she could through her tears of happiness and pain. "Laina." Obi Wan acknowledged her choice of name as Padme spoke her last words. "There's still good in him..." Slowly Padme's eyelids sealed shut and her words echoed in his ears. There's still good in him. More memories clouded his thought. It's over for you, my master. You underestimate my power! I hate you! It was painful for Obi Wan to think of his former padawan. Anakin was like a brother to him but now, Darth Vader took over Anakin's life. Padme is right.He thought. There is still good in him. Obi Wan looked down at Padme's lifeless body. How could Anakin do this to his wife. To his child.

The Jedi master gazed at the force sensative child laying peacefully in his arms and spoke softly so only she could hear. "How unfortunate that you were brought into this galaxy to suffer because of your father's foolish mistakes." Obi Wan almost believed Laina understood what he had just said because her little hand grasped his small finger and her eyes filled with reassurance. Right then, Obi Wan knew what must be done with Laina. So he walked out of the room still cradeling Anakin's child.

12 years later...

"The Emperor wishes to speak with you, My Lord," Captain Needa nervously said. Darth Vader, second in command of the Empire, was one that could easily become angry if something hadn't gone as planned. In a deep toned voice, the tall, black, mechanical man replied, "You are in command until I return. Don't let that ship escape!" Captain Needa followed Vader's finger and saw the Millenium Falcon dodging blasts from their ship. "Yes, Sir." Vader turned around and headed for his chambers, his cape flowing gracefully from behind.

When the Sith Lord reached his chambers, he pulled off his cape and knelt before a huge hologram of the Emperor. "You requested to speak wth me, Master?" The hologram smiled.

"Yes Lord Vader. There is a disturbance in the force." Vader looked at the Emperor's hologram and said, "I have felt it." The Emperor's smile widened. "Good. She must not become a Jedi." Inside the Dark Lord's mask, his face cringed in confusion. "Master, how can a female possibly be a threat to the Empire?" His smile faded. "This is not an ordinary female. It is...your daughter, Lord Vader."

Vader didn't know what to say. He was speechless. Memories of Padme appeared in his mind. Ani, I'm pregnant. In his struggle for power and his turn to the dark side, Vader had forgotten all about his wife's preganacy. He thought she had died with the child but apparently not. Finally, the Dark Lord asked, "How is that possible? How do you know it is my child?" The Emperor didn't need to answer because Vader already knew this to be true. Feelings arose in his heart that a Sith shouldn't feel, like love and compassion. He couldn't believe he had a daughter but the worst thing was that she was involved in the war. She was

2. Rachel_Skywalker

Mar 22, 2008
    So...........??[face_worried]

3. Knight_Aragorn

Knight_Aragorn Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2003
    There are a couple of small issues in places, but I liked the way you've worked in memories from Mustafar for both Obi-Wan and Vader. :D

4. Rachel_Skywalker

Mar 22, 2008
    Thanks for your opinion!!! :) :) :) :) What are the small issues? I want to know so I can change it and make it better!! :)

5. Knight_Aragorn

Knight_Aragorn Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2003
    I sent a PM through, rather than spam your thread. :p If anything's unclear, feel free to PM me back.

6. Rachel_Skywalker

Mar 22, 2008
    Thanks again Knight_Aragorn!!! I'll take your suggestions into consideration!!!

7. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    I wonder how Han ended up taking care of Laina? What about Han & Leia? This is interesting, if you have PM notification, I'm in!

8. Darth_Drachonus

Darth_Drachonus Jedi Master star 3

Oct 4, 2005
    Add me to the list please. interesting concept

9. Rachel_Skywalker

Mar 22, 2008
    Thanks dm1, I'll add you to the list!! And Han and Leia do have a relationship except I don't know if I'm going show that in the story :) And Han ended up taking care of Laina because her parents died and since she was still young yet, 12, she needed someone to watch over her. So Han was assigned to watch over her but then Obi Wan came and trained her for a while but he died so Han came back and took care of her... that was just a small summary. If it is confusing, I'm sorry. I'll try to clear up any confusion you have. :)

Thanks for reading my story Darth_Drachonus!! I'll add you to the list as well!!

I'll be updating my story very soon!! Hopefully today!! :)

10. Rachel_Skywalker

Mar 22, 2008
    I finally updated!! i hope you all enjoy!!

Laina held on as tightly as her muscles could bare. She knew if she let go, it was the end for her. Her mind was still racing from what Darth Vader had just told her. I am your father. Almost as if she forgot that she was in a life and death situation, Laina closed her eyes and whispered, "Obi Wan, Why didn't you tell me?"

Her grip loosened and her hands became sweatier each passing minute. Laina didn't know what to do. Luke. Her quiet voice punctured the silence.

=========

Luke looked out the window in the room that Vader's men had locked them in. Suddenly, he heard his name being called through the force. He heard it again and knew it was from Laina. Something terrible had happened. Luke sprinted over to Han and worriedly said, "Laina's in trouble. She needs our help." Han's face showed his confusion and Luke knew there wasn't time to explain.

"Han, there's no time to explain. We have to get out of here."

Leia joined the men and asked, "What's going on here?"

Luke looked her in the eye and calmy answered, "We have to get out of here. Laina's in trouble." Luke knew Leia didn't understand how he knew this but she believed it and that was all that mattered.

She grabbed Han's hand and asked, "How are we going to get out of here?"

Instead of Han, Luke answered, "I still have my blaster. Vader must've thought us rebels are too dumb to carry more than one weapon. We can try to blast the door down. It's our only hope." Han was doubtful that this would work but Luke had done the almost impossible before. Why should he doubt him now?

=========

Laina didn't know how much longer she could hold on. Her arms began to shake as she had to whisper, "Hurry." Just as Laina thought she couldn't hold on any longer, a small bar with a rope on the end, used for the cleaning droids to slide down and clean the platform Laina so desperately held onto, extended out from the building close enough for Laina to use her last bit of energy and grab onto the rope and climb up to a higher platform where she could rest.

She was saved from falling but her father's words came into mind. You can try to escape from Bespin, Laina, but I will hire every bounty hunter in the galaxy to find you. You can't escape me. He was right. She couldn't escape him, but she could try.

=========

Luke and Han successfully blasted the door down and knocked the 2 troopers unconscious that had been standing guard in the hallway.

Han chuckled, "I thought the force was an ancient religion that didn't work. Obviously I was wrong." Luke smiled at Han but was deep in thought. How could they get out to the Millenium Falcon? Vader had probably ordered his men to deactivate the main generators. So if they did manage to safely get onto the Millenium Falcon, they might not go anywhere. Suddenly, Lando and 5 of his men popped around the corner with blasters.

"Don't move. I can help you escape."Lando said softly. Han immediately stepped forward.

"And why should we trust you? You took us to Vader last time." Han bluntly said.

Lando sighed, "I had no choice. Trust-"

Han interrupted, "Don't give me that Bantha fodder. You didn't have to take us to him. You could have easily told us as soon as we arrived that he was here but you didn't!"

Lando figured this was going to be impossible to convince Han that he was on his their side. "Luke. There is a landing platform near here. My men will lead you there. I have a craft waiting for you. I gave the pilot of the craft specific orders to take you to the Millenium Falcon on the other side of the City. I stationed guards around your ship so you can safely depart without Vader ever knowing."

Luke began nodding his head but remembered that Laina still needed their help. "We have to get Laina first! She's in trouble."

Lando had obviously not noticed she was missing. He quickly asked, "Where is she? I'll have my men guide her to the Millenium Falcon."

Luke answered, "I don't know but I know she is on a lower level of

11. bobafett15

bobafett15 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 2008
    Interesting idea, but 2 many fallacies.

1.)how did Laina meet Obi-wam...wait, if Luke wasn't Anakins son, Obi-wan had no reason 2 be on Tatooine...but then how did Luke join the Rebel's?

2.) If Luke is not a Jedi, then how can he use the Force?

3.) PM me. Very interesting ideas.

PS. Don't forget, comma's are essential to the English Language. Use them wisely!

12. Rachel_Skywalker

Mar 22, 2008
    Ok, fisrt of all, Laina is taking the place of Luke except I made a few changes to fit the character of a young girl. So Obi-Wan is on Tatooine to make sure Laina is protected just as he did with Luke. So then Laina's adopted parents joined the rebellion and didn't know what to do with Laina so they just bought her along and planned on keeping her on a Secure Rebel base where they could be near her and know that she was safe when they had to fight. And when Obi-Wan found out about this, he followed them and since Bail Organa knew him, Obi-Wan was allowed to monitor Laina. Then when Laina's adopted parents died, Han came into the story and was assigned as her caretaker since he wasn't exactly a fighter at the time. But then Obi-Wan spoke with Laina and told her what he told Luke in the regular Star Wars. So she decided to become a jedi and had a few lessons from Obi-Wan but then he died aboard a space craft that exploded and Han was reassigned to watch over Laina.

Luke joined the rebels because his parents let him join the rebellion unlike in the regular Star Wars. And Luke isn't a Jedi, he's like Leia in the regular ESB. She wasn't a Jedi but had force sensativity which is what Luke has in my story except he won't become Jedi...:(

Actually, I didn't really think of the history too much before I began creating this story but I do have an idea how everything cam to be. If that is still confusing to you ,bobafett15, just tell me and I'll try to clear up any confusion that you have!

And about the commas, I'm sorry. I try! Really, I try hard but I was never talented with dialogue and punctuations or writing for that matter so...I do my best and I'll try to remember them and where they go in my next update which should be soon...:) :)

13. Rachel_Skywalker

Mar 22, 2008
    Does anyone else want to review my story so far?? [face_worried] [face_worried] [face_worried]

14. Rachel_Skywalker

Mar 22, 2008
    I have my update finished!! This is where my story takes drastic changes from the movie and I hope you like it...[face_worried]

2 days later...

"Hey kid!?
    Laina swallowed. ?Han, how many times do I have to tell you not to call me ?kid? anymore??
    Han grinned. ?Well, bad habit, I guess. Sorry, but I can?t help it, little one.?
    She turned around and gave Han ?the look?.
    ?Okay okay!? Han lifted his hand and smiled innocently. ?By the way, would you help me with the Falcon??
    Laina rolled her eyes. ?Han, your ship is a flying junkyard! You should sell it to Lando again instead of driving Chewie and me nuts with never ending repairs.?
    Now it was Han?s turn to glare at Laina. ?Don?t call my ship a flying junkyard because she saved you so many times!? Laina rolled her eyes and headed to her quarters and stopped suddenly when she saw that her datapad was beeping.
    ?This is odd,? she said slowly and walked over to her desk. She could remember having switched it off the last time she had used it.
    ?R2, did you switch on my datapad??
    Laina heard some negative beeps coming from her little friend.
    ?And you didn?t see anyone enter my quarters lately??
    Laina looked at her datapad.
    As Laina waited for the message to be confirmed, she felt a cold shiver running down her back.
    YOUR DESTINY
    ?was all it said. However, Laina already knew who had sent it.
    ?Vader,? she said calmly and looked at R2.
    ?I have bad a feeling about this.? Laina turned off her datapad and went back to the front of the Millennium Falcon where Han was. He looked at his young friend in worry, she had changed dramatically since Bespin. He missed the naive girl he had met years ago.
    He couldn?t just watch this any longer. "Laina, what happened on Bespin? What has Vader done to you??
    Laina froze for a second and stared at Han. ?I already said that it's nothing I can?t handle.?
    ?Laina, I? just look at you! You have changed so much lately!?
    She smiled sarcastically. ?Han, maybe I?m just growing up after all!? Laina pressed her pink lips together angrily.
    ?OK kid, I?m just not used to the ?grown up? Laina.?
    Laina glared at Han but then returned her gaze to the engine coupling in front of her. ?Maybe that?s because you don?t know me as well as you thought.?
    Now she had done it. ?I?m sorry, Han.?
    ?No Laina, I?m sorry. I shouldn?t have said that. But if you need to talk - you know if you do - I'm here for you.?
    "I'm fine, Han, thanks."
    Laina looked out the front window and heard something.
    *You must not tell them, Laina*.
    ?Fa?? She stopped soon enough not to draw Han?s attention onto herself again.
    *Father?* She asked quietly.
    *Yes?*
    Laina was stunned for a full two seconds. She hadn?t been sure that she had heard her father?s voice after their encounter at Bespin. She thought that maybe it had just been her imagination brought on by her injuries.
    *It is not your imagination, I assure you, my daughter.*
    *You can read my mind!?*
    *Only what you let me see, Laina, or what you are unable to hide.*
    *Hide?*
    *Your master should have shown you how to bury your thoughts from other force strong beings.*

Laina felt worry about their mental link.
    *Well, it seems that the Jedi were so eager in showing you how to use the saber against your own family for their little revenge that they forgot to teach you other - more important - things.*
    She turned around and faced Han. "I'm going to try and get some sleep, Han." He nodded so she headed towards her quarters.
    *Is this the reason I received the message today?*
    She felt her father?s affirmation as she reached her room.
    YOUR DESTINY
    *?is not with the rebels, Laina.* Vader finished slowly. *And I hope you don?t really think you can stay with them. Because I cannot tolerate that. This must have been obvious? especially to you.*
    *I would rather die than be serving the Empire and betraying my friends.*
    *Friends? What do you know about your so-called ?friends?? I can te

15. dancing_star

dancing_star Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2007
    This is a great story you've got here so far! :) :D Very nicely done! I'm interested to see where you take it!
    =D= =D= =D= =D=

16. Rachel_Skywalker

Mar 22, 2008
    Thanks, dancing_star [:D] [:D]

17. Rachel_Skywalker

Mar 22, 2008
    I have my next update finished but I'm not posting it until more people review my story!! PLEASE review!!! :_|

18. Rachel_Skywalker

Mar 22, 2008
    Alright...Since no one else wants to review...I'll update...
    ==================

This was one of the rare days Lord Vader was totally content with himself. Prince Xizor wouldn?t be around anymore to cause more trouble after he took care of him yesterday, and today Mon Mothma, leader of the Rebellion, would surrender to the Empire. It was almost too good to be true. Could a day become any better than this? He looked out the enormous windows as one of the com officers seemed to be having trouble with an incoming message.

?What?? Vader demanded in his direction.

?L-Lord Vader? Here is a message from the Rebel cruiser?? The officer was obviously unsure whether to go on.

?It?s a young girl, Sir. She says she wants to negotiate with you.?

?Negotiate? This must be a very optimistic Rebel. Or is there something else I am not aware of??

Vader was too proud of himself to even think that the young girl might be his daughter. The officer nervously shifted in his seat.

?My Lord? I? This Rebel said that she?s your daughter, Sir.?
    ================

Laina felt the sudden confusion and hate fill the room being directed at her. Maybe this wasn?t as smart as he had thought.

?His daughter?? She heard a terrified Han repeating the last part of her message. ?Laina, what?s going on here??

Suddenly the big screen in front of them was filled again and Laina could already hear her father?s respirator before seeing him.

?Laina. What a surprise. You want to talk to me??

?Yes?Father. I want to make you an offer.?

Did his daughter really think this would work?

?Go on.? The black figure said and Laina could already feel that this wouldn?t work out the way she would have liked it to.

?Order your fleet to retreat and I will join you aboard the Executor. I will leave the Rebellion of my own free will.?

Even though she could not see it, she was sure that, behind his mask, the Dark Lord was smiling.

?You give yourself a lot of credit, Laina. You should know me well enough to know that I never negotiate for things which are already mine.?

Laina could feel anger flowing through her veins."I?m your daughter, not something you own.?

?Yes, you are MY daughter, Laina. And you better not forget that. Remember what I told you the last time? About the Rebellion??

Laina swallowed. ?Yes? I remember.?

?Good. I will give you five minutes to arrange your belongings and get a ship. Two TIE fighters will escort you to the hangar. If you want to stay with your rebel ?friends? then you will get the chance to find out if I was correct anout them. Did I make myself clear??

?Yes, Sir.?

The screen went black again. Laina slowly turned around and found the whole bridge staring at one thing. Her.

?You're a spy! I can?t believe it, Laina Skywalker, the hero of the Rebellion is also the daughter of a Sith Lord.? If the situation hadn?t been that serious Laina would have laughed about it.

?You can't be a spy, Laina, tell me it's not true!? Han stood in front of her, grasping her shoulder.

?Tell you what? That I?m not an imperial spy? Ok, I'M NOT A SPY! And you should know that, Han.?

Han relaxed but didn?t let go of her. ?And?? Han?s gaze went from Luke to the now black monitor and back, his face holding a questioning expression.

?Yes, he is? Lord Vader is my father.? Han stared at his young friend's blue eyes.

?Han?? Han realized he still held Laina by her shoulder. His grip loosened until he finally let her go. Laina nodded to her friend and made her way to the door.

?You?re not going anywhere, Laina. Not to your 'father' or anywhere else.?

?Huh?? Laina said with confusion.

?I said that you?re not leaving.? Mon Mothma said coldly and two soldiers came forward and blocked Laina's way

?Mon, I already tried that.? Her hands helplessly pointing at the screen.

?No, what you tried was much less than that. I?m sure your 'father' would rather see his daughter alive than murdered by her former companions, which will be the case if Vader doesn't change his mind.?

Laina wa

19. bobafett15

bobafett15 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 2008
    Good. Sorry i havn't been following, I've been busy Rping.

It's good, it really is. Nice comma saving (grammar is the biggest turn-off in a story), and the plot twists and turns like I din't figure. Keep on keeping on.

20. EGKenobi

EGKenobi Jedi Master star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    Good fic,

very naughty mothma..

Please PM me with a link when you update :)

21. Rachel_Skywalker

Mar 22, 2008
    Thank you sooo much for reviewing, bobafett15!!! [:D] [:D]

I'll add you to the pm list EGKenobi and thank you soo much for reviewing!!! [:D] [:D]

I should have another update by early next week...and if anyone else want so tbe added to the pm list, just let me know!! :)

22. 92SE-R

92SE-R Jedi Master star 3

Apr 15, 2005
    Interesting story...

I can see where the timeline discrepancies would turn a few people off, and possibly a few other smaller things. But overall I like the idea. It's different.

Also, make sure you write for yourself. While it is good to have more people read your story, don't let a lack of readers get you down. Lots of readers lurk. (I can be one of them. :D)

Also, you may want to think about getting a beta to pre-read your story before you post. If you need one in a pinch, I would be more than happy to assist in anyway I can.

Final words: Good job. keep it up! (and please add me to the PM list.)

23. Rachel_Skywalker

Mar 22, 2008
    Thanks 92SE-R! I'll add you to the list and I should get a beta because I'm terrible with commas and dialogue! So if you want to be my beta, that would be great! :)

24. Rachel_Skywalker

Mar 22, 2008
    Here's the next update and I want to thank my new beta, 92SE-R, for helping me with it!! [:D] [:D]

=================
    Laina felt the dark presence come nearer every second. Nervously she looked around. She didn?t want to join her father, never had she wanted that. It had been for her friends and the Rebellion, but she wouldn?t follow him now, not of her own free will. Not here and definitely not now!

?Luke! Help me!? her mind screamed, but she got no answer.

As the door opened, Laina decided that she should not waste any more time. She caught the blaster of one soldier with the force and stunned him and his partner. Uncoordinated, she ran through endless corridors. The alert had already been activated. She had to find a way to the hangar and she had to find it extremely fast.

Vader felt Lainas presence escape.

?Separate and close every hangar entrance. Everyone who tries to escape the ship will be stunned immediately.?

The troops nodded and did as they were told. Vader himself followed the bright Force presence he was able to locate easily now.

Laina felt her father?s touch and cut off the bond.

He would find Laina with or without the Force as his ally. He walked in the direction he located his daughter last. Around the corner he saw two Rebel soldiers who dropped their drinks in shock as they saw the extremely angry Sith Lord activating his red lightsaber.

?Where is she?? The Dark Lord didn?t even look at the two men next to him.

?W?w?who?? one of them stuttered, terrified.

Dangerously slow, Vader turned his head towards the young man.

?That way!? the other one said quickly as he saw the red light coming up to his friend's throat. Both men saw the dark figure leave around the corner.

=================

?Too late,? was all Laina could think as she heard the mechanical breathing behind her. No way out. She turned around and took a step back.

?So eager to leave the Rebellion, my daughter??

?I won?t come with you!?

?So, you want to stay here??

Vader saw the puzzlement in his daughter's eyes, she hadn?t thought of that yet. He deactivated his saber.

?You cannot stay here. If you don?t want to come with me? well, there aren?t many options left."

Laina felt like a young child again, running away without even thinking.

?I'll find a way.?

?You?re such a child. I really don?t know who you inherited your naïveté from. The Empire will hunt you! Bounty hunters too! You'll end up with nothing but regrets.?

?Well then I?ve got nothing to lose, have I??

Vader saw her raising a blaster, but he was faster stunning the young girl in front of him. What had Obi-Wan told her to drive her into suicide?! Some stormtroopers who heard the shot appeared the same second.

?Take her to my shuttle,? the dark lord ordered and left.

=================

Laina felt the comforting warmth around her and turned around again. Thank goodness it had only been one of those bad dreams again.

?Light,? she mumbled half awake and tried to spot the first shapes as the light slowly got more intensive. Suspiciously, Laina scanned the whole room back and forth.

?Oh no?? she whispered realizing this dream had been true.

She stood up and took the clothes lying on the desk. All in black, for sure. She let them fall back onto the desk. She wanted to continue wearing the clothing she had on now! However, she then lifted them back up and started changing. She did not have much freedom of choice in this matter, Laina realized. It wouldn?t do her any good to run around in a Rebel uniform on board an Imperial Star Destroyer. Laina stared into the mirror above the chair next to her.

?Not bad,? Laina thought as she first saw her reflection in the mirror.

It looked elegant in a way and very expensive, that much was for sure. At least it was not one of those ugly khaki Imperial uniforms which all higher officers had to wear.

==================

Mon Mothma?s fist bumped hard on the table.

?I said NO. Do you know this word, Princess Org

25. Rachel_Skywalker

Mar 22, 2008
    please please please review my story!! :_| :_|

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.