main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends A Lost One finds A New Hope (post-ROTJ/AU)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Kiin_Jasiin, May 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kiin_Jasiin

Kiin_Jasiin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 12, 2002
    One year ago, the Empire fell. And my father died, just as he began to grasp life... again.

The darkened halls of the Jedi Temple feel haunted. Cold. The halls where padawan children used to run, Masters used to ponder the mysteries of the Force, knights used to train and scholars used to study, were quiet. Empty.

I have over this past year opened Leia's eyes to the much larger world that Obi-Wan had opened mine to, but there was something missing. The Senate, a quick dart in a speeder away from here, was again full, but the Jedi Temple still empty.

And I did not feel complete.

R2-D2 wheeled along beside me as I walked through these empty halls. Quiet as a tomb. The sound of my footsteps and the sound of R2's occasional whistle as he softly whirred down the vast halls.

I was looking for the archives. Not the ones that Emporer Palpatine purged, but the other records that were in Master Yoda's study. I need to find the Lost Twenty.

--------------------------------------------

Jaduin Keya's head thumped in pain, as he laid back on the metal grating that the J'fda called a bed. He had travelled a little too far beyond the Outer Rim when he left the Order, having known what would become of the Republic if Senator Palpatine were to be elected Chancellor. His opinions were not too well received back.... was it thirty years ago? Forty? Jaduin thinks about the times in the Void, as he lays back on this cargo vessel inbound for Coruscant. Away from the Jedi Order, and away from the Empire that followed its downfall, he had many adventurers, rescuing explorers from pirates, smuggling food and medicine through hostile and distant trans-galactic space. He sort of fancied himself a lawbringer in the lawless distant frontiers well beyond the Outer Rim.

The Force had told him it was time to come home. That one padawan was left to train. But would she be ready?

--------------------------------------------
    "Artoo, this place has nothing for me. Ben told me it would be here, but all I can find is..."

R2-D2 squeals, and beeps twice.

"You found something.."

A green beam comes out of R2-D2's "eye" and a hidden door, with a latch on the inside, so that only one skilled in the Force could open it is revealed, on the crimson carpeting of Yoda's study.

I reach out with the Force, and a little "click-tat-click" sound is made as the latch is unlocked. The panel opens up, and reveals a staircase, with a tunnel for one of Yoda's species to walk through comfortably. I had to crawl through it, rather uncomfortably. A dark tunnel, not much longer than half the length of the Falcon, cold steel, sandwiched between this floor and the ceiling of the floor below it.

I move down, and reach a console. Oddly, the technology looks superior to what I am used to working with. Untarnished Old Republic technology. I squeeze in to where I can type into the console half-comfortably.

A console comes up, and in it is a log of the Lost Twenty, after doing a few searches of the system. Twenty Jedi who left the Order during the time period when Senator Palpatine became Chancellor.

It mentions Count Dooku, who was later known as Darth Tyranus. Much is spoken of his downfall into the Dark Side.

Most of the Lost Twenty had died at some time in the logs. It seemed like a dead end. Then there is an entry on a Jedi named Jaduin Keya.

A master he was, adept in the Force well beyond his years, he would have been destined for three, maybe four centuries of great service to the Order.... but I fear his leaving was wise somehow... Speak not he will of his visions to the Order, only warn us of a Sith menace he does....

Vanished he has, travelled far beyond the Outer Rim he has I am afraid...

R2 begins beeping, frantically. I smack my head against the low ceiling in Yoda's secret archival room. I back out, and get back to the study up above. I read into the monitor in R2's eye.

INCOMING MESSAGE: HAN SOLO

"Put him on Artoo."

"Luke old buddy... strangest thing. I'm here at

2. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Good start. Up.

3. DarthNeil

DarthNeil Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 24, 2003
    I like it to.

that was a good bit of writeing.

4. Kiin_Jasiin

Kiin_Jasiin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 12, 2002
    Thank you for your encouraging comments. This is my first posted fan-fic story. I don't know how it will turn out, just writing it as it comes.... I am working on the second installment... maybe have it posted today or tomorrow.

5. DarthNeil

DarthNeil Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 24, 2003
    I hope it is as good as the last one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.