main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends A Love Letter from A to Z - Dare Challange responce - one post

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by DarthBreezy, Feb 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    A Love Letter from A to Z: Response to the Dare Challenge ?

Your Dare has only two conditions: 1) the story must be told exclusively through Chewbacca's POV and 2) each paragraph in the story must start with a letter of the alphabet until all letters are covered (as in: the first paragraph should start with an A, the second with a B, etc until Z is reached).

Note that I have placed this in what has been colloquially been described as the "Breezyverse" - so it is decidedly and AU...

At last, my dearest Mallatobuck, I have a chance to write ? I shall be returning to Kashyyyk within the month, after all, the few weeks of bonding with new cubs is important, and in this one instance, I think as this is Han?s first, (and a pair at that!) it would be more than prudent to give him a few days alone with these additions to the family.

Bé ? Luke?s mate (as she now prefers to be called, though Han still insist on using her old name ? perhaps he sees it as a bulwark towards change and the fact that people do move on and change) has progressed in her Jedi studies, but still finds time to just try to be ?one of the boys? which has been a comfort, as Han is inexorably tied up with the whims of his own expectant mate (as can be expected) and young Luke has been splitting his time between re-establishing the Jedi, and the training of his first born, the cub Pemberian ? that is when she can pull herself away from me! However, I will be glad when the day comes when she tires of braiding my fur ? the last time she did it, it took ages to get out, and I had to attend the last of the myriad of award celebrations with the remnants of ?Stardust sparkle? in my fur ? it took me hours to clean it all out.

Cubs ? I swear they never grow up fully!

Do you ever think of us being that young, my Mala?

Every day, I still imagine our own Waroo playing with his toy fighter, and I still can?t believe he is actually the head of a section of the fleet.

Frankly, I half expect him to walk into our private quarters at night, begging for another story?

General Calrissian ? Lando ? has been resisting the idea of running for Chief of State since Mi'Tores Ackbar decided not to run for a second term, but I don?t know if he will relent and give in ? like the others, he seems to have grown into the idea of leadership over the years ? well, most of the others?

Han, as usual, is the exception.

I think that he will never completely ?settle? into the idea of fatherhood (although he doesn?t realize exactly how much he has already) - he is exceedingly gentle with Luke?s first cub, and she has him wrapped around her fingers.

Just enough to secure a ride in the Falcon whenever either of them have an ?off? day. *chuckles*

Kampher ? Aubé?s mother and Healer ? has become the matriarch of this odd little extended family. Ever since her Life Mate, Schurke passed into the Force a few months ago, she has served as a lynchpin in keeping the many threads in some semblance of order. Between her duties as Leia?s Chief Healer here on Coruscant, and watching over her own daughter?s troubled pregnancy, she has been acting as a surrogate mother to them all. Of course, as often as not, it is Han who seems to need her most of all?

Luke has been busy, but hopefully will be able to actually stay ?home? for longer than a few days at a stretch ? Although he is the only surviving Grand Master Jedi, and every new training center requires at least some help, I know it?s wearing on him. Hopefully sooner rather than later, he?ll learn to say ?No more? for a little while.

My dearest Mala, I?m sure you remember how difficult it was for the Jedi to say no ? their loyalty is that of any Wookiee, and Luke is no exception?

Not that Luke is your ordinary Jedi, but you knew that.

Of course, the new Jedi are not so different from the old Masters ? at least in matters of importance. They still are fierce warriors, but Luke prefers to have them focus on peaceful pursuits, preferring negotiation over the Lightsaber, a

2. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    I have to say...that was very cool and well done! Great response to your unusual challenge!=D=

3. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    When I saw this challenge, I could only give thanks that I wasn't participating! :eek: But you handled it beautifully, which came as no surprise at all!

=D=

4. MarasFire

MarasFire Jedi Master star 4

Jun 14, 2007
    Wow! This flowed wonderfully.

I was just thinking yesterday that I've never read a fic from Chewbacca's POV.

You did a fantastic job! =D=

Now I'm off to read and find out more about Aubé and Pemberian! ;)

5. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Well done and creative. Helps to have OCs to use for letters.

6. Meredith_Kenobi

Meredith_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    *gulp* Not a dare I would have liked to end up with, myself. That was a very cool response, DarthBreezy. You pulled it off swimmingly. It flowed together really well. =D=

Chewbacca doesn't get enough love. [:D]

7. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Hey all! Thanks for the great responses!!

3 letters out of 26 - not too shabby!

It was decidedly... interesting!!

Aube and Pem and co are featured in quite a few fics - I hope you like them!

Thank you![face_blush]

I have to admit, I was horrified at first - I mean *gah!!!*

Then suddenly, it just started flowing - it untangled a few knots that have been tying me up for many months - hopefully I'll be able to start seriously writing again!!

Thanks to my Dare-er for pushing me outside of the box!

8. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Stellar response to the challenge. So smoothly done, I'd totally forgotten about the alphabet and went back to make sure. :p

9. Golden_Jedi

Golden_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    However, I will be glad when the day comes when she tires of braiding my fur ? the last time she did it, it took ages to get out, and I had to attend the last of the myriad of award celebrations with the remnants of ?Stardust sparkle? in my fur ? it took me hours to clean it all out.

I'm in love with Chewie;). And I'm sure he looked absolutly dashing with his sparkling fur. [face_laugh]

Smooth answer! =D=

10. dancing_star

dancing_star Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2007
    I didn't reply to this yet?!!:oops:
    I loved it so I thought I did! :confused: Sorry about that!![face_blush]
    Anyway, just had to tell you what an awesome response to the challenge that was!! :D I too didn't even notice the alphabet format at first because it was so smoothly and excellently written!!
    Great job!!
    =D= =D==D==D=

11. BaronCoop

BaronCoop Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 28, 2006
    Wierd challenge, but well done. I had no idea Chewbacca was so ... formal!

12. amidalachick

amidalachick Force Ghost star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    :eek: What a tricky dare! But you handled it beautifully.

I loved this part: Understandably, Han is upset ? he feels hobbled by the fact that his fist born cub (the ship) isn?t going to be available to make a fast get away (perhaps when one of the new cubs makes it?s first demand for a late supper!) or more likely, he feels as if his manhood is caught in a trap. Once again, he will just have to learn patience.

[face_laugh] Typical Han.

Great job, Breezy!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.