main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A Lucasfilm Distribution Question

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by Captain_Typho, Jul 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    Does anyone else find it odd that Warner Bros is releasing the animated Star Wars film? Is it because the tv show is going to be on a AOL time warner owned channel perhaps. I mean, for Indy it has alway been Paramount Pictures, and for Star Wars it has always been 20th century fox. Seeing the WB logo, followed by the Lucasfilm logo in the trailer for clone wars almost seemed alien to me.

2. zombie

zombie Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 1999
    I guess its weird for Star Wars, but then the first spin-off movies--the two Ewok films--I think were MGM or something.

If you see the other LFL products, every single one of them is actually NOT with Fox. THX is Warners, Graffiti and its sequel are Universal, Willow is MGM, Indy is Paramount...they've kind of gone the full studio circuit over the years. (And if you have the old VHS Star Wars tapes they have that really retro CBS-Fox intro with that cool music).

For me though, seeing a CG animated Star Wars film is far, far weirder than the lack of the Fox fanfare. But I'm sure everyrone will miss that as well--that fanfare is considered part of the Star Wars score!

3. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    I think it's really because Warner Bros. offers the whole package. TV, Internet and Film Distribution. Who knows maybe Fox didn't want a full 22 episode season commitment. The four big networks ABC, NBC, CBS, and FOX usually only give new shows 6 to 13 episodes before picking them up for the rest of the season. With Lucas it's a full season or nothing. The cable networks are more willing to give new series a chance and considering the stellar rating the Clone Wars mini-episode brought in a recommitment to Cartoon Network and Warner Bros. made sense.

4. zombie

zombie Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 1999
    I think its more that it just doesn't fit with their prime-time programming, be it Fox or NBC or whomever. I mean if you look at the 7PM-10PM line-ups, Clone War just doesn't fit at all, it would be like having a Pokemon episode between Grey's Anatomy and Lost.

5. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    That too. Clone Wars wouldn't even fit on Fox's animation night (The Simpsons, King of the Hill, Family Guy, American Dad) simply because it's CGI and not a comedy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.