main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends A Man is an Island to Himself ~ 2013 Diary ~ Up 3/4/13

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Lea-El, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Lea-El

Lea-El Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 13, 2005
    An: Thanks for reading.

Day Thirty Nine

~ A red lightsaber sprung into action, it twirled and buzzed by his head, back behind him as he turned. It crashed into his... blue one... blue … ahhh!

The area was cramped... the lightsaber kept crashing into...things. What things?

Over head lights, door facings and staircase railings.

That sound exhilarating yet terrifying at the same time. It sounded like a part of him ... as much as his heartbeat.

But why terrifying? Then his answer always came as the heat instantly removed his hand. He screamed and cradled the stump again.~

Then he woke up, the same dream four nights in a row, now he couldn't close his eyes without seeing the red lightsaber remove his hand.

Each time he sat up in bed holding his hand, feeling past the stump to his palm then his fingers. He had the urge to count them, each time, he dreamed it.

He could still smell the burnt flesh.

There was a name he wanted to call out in his pain but it wouldn't roll off his
    tongue. It burned in his brain but wouldn't come out.

He needed her to come...to help...to be with him in his agony. Being with her would make it better.

She was the only person who could make it better.

The strain of the dreams exhausted him but sleep only brought the dream back.

If he could remember her name it would be alright.

Then the most terrifying thought of all came to him. It had been so long … the waiting to clone him that she might … probably wouldn't still be... his heart crushed into millions of pieces... life without her...unbearable.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Wow =D= =D= More clues to pursue. [face_thinking]

3. Lea-El

Aug 13, 2005
    An: Jade_eyes - Clues are addictive aren't they?

Day Forty Three

Days of rolling in bed screaming in agony at her loss. A6 walked the floor, rolled the floor, worrying, wooing wishing he hadn’t …

Finally, out of desperation he brought Kenan a data-pad.

A pad hidden so carefully no one had found it. Not the cloning team the raiders destroying the lab or Kenan as he searched the compound multiple times.

~On the pad was a clone number 000126, stored in the failed test subject freezer. Memory file stored in repair shed in a semi-disassembled C3 unit.

There was no name on the pad but an age 10. He held out the data pad to Kenan and 'woo – bliss'

Kenan refused to turn and look at it.

A6 'woo – bliss – blat'

Kenan stopped moaning and lay there for a few minutes.

He turned over and took the pad, staring for an hour.

It's her? Your sure?”

'woo – bluu'

10 She'll be ten when she comes out. There's no name here. Are you sure this is the right person?”

'woo – wooo'

What is her name?”

'woo – blat – bliss'

It wasn't listed for her sake and mine. Why didn't you start her when you started me?”

'woo – blat – bluu'

You were afraid too. Afraid of what?”

'woo – blat – blat'

The other me, you know my … 'his' name. All this time and you knew 'his' name.”

A6 'woo – woo – woo – woo' and rolled down the hall as fast as he could, found his best hiding place and shut down.

Kenan looked across the room at the mirror, trying to gauge his age. Twenty five... thirty.

She won't remember me, maybe, that's a good thing with 'his' reputation.”

She would be as a daughter. Not the lovely lady 'he' remembered. Maybe that would be for the best. I could see her, raise her, she could save us both.”

A6 start the cloning tank. A6 ,.. A6 ...”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Ooh, wow! This will lead to some intriguing interactions when "she" awakens [face_thinking]

5. Lea-El

Aug 13, 2005
    An: Jade-eyes - intriguing is what I'm going for.[face_tee_hee]

Day Forty Four

A6 refused to come out for hours then he peaked out nervously. Kenan asked how long would it take to prepare the cloning tanks.

'woo – bluu'

Why so long?”

'blat – bluu'

I'll help.”

A6 reluctantly led him to the computer panel of the cloning tanks and pulled up a computer program entitled cloning preparation.

a. Run diagnostic on cloning computer program
    b. Verify power system functioning properly
    c. Cleaning of tank
    d. Mixing cloning liquid
    e. Verify clone ID numbers
    f. Prepare clone specimen for cloning

Verify clone Id, where is she?” He turned to A6 and said as if she would be fully grown.”

A6 protested one last time then took Kenan to the failed test subject freezer.

Kenan wasn't happy with the name of the storage unit but knew for some reason she had to be hidden. 'From who is she being hidden and by whom.'

A6 took him over to the tank marked 0001 and carefully opened it. Frosty fog hissed into the air then a collection of clone tubes became visible.

There was a ring of numbers around the inside of the tank with 1-30 marking each failed subject, 17 – 29 were missing.

Kenan's heart sank.

A6 check the numbers on the remaining tubes.”

A6 obediently picked up the proper hook and read the numbers off each tube until he got to 14 and 16 slots there was no engraved numbers on the tubes.

Is this just another hiding precaution? I wish my abilities were working. Or could you sense which embryo was the correct one with it frozen?”

He looked at the tubes for what seemed like an hour to him but was only a few seconds. “We can grow both and see which one is the correct one.”

A6 wooed.

Only one tank is functioning... “

Put them back I need to think about this.”

He watched A6 put them back in the tank and close it. He felt as if he'd lost her all over again.

I'm going to the beach to think about this.” He said sadly and walked away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day Fifty

A6 stood on the walk at the edge of the sand. Wooing and pleading for Kenan to come back and eat and rest.

Six days he sat watching the waves by day and the stars by night.

It wouldn't be fair to start a failed subject with no telling what kind of problems.”

Even if I choose the right one is it right to bring a clone into life... Wow! How soon I forgot... I have to trust the Force to pick the right one.”

He got up and had to stretch before he could walk straight.

A6 start the process... we're making her.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    :D :cool: Anxiously awaiting the result.

7. Lea-El

Aug 13, 2005
    An: Jade_eyes sorry about the delay. Thanks for reviewing.

Day Sixty Seven

Gloom, thick heavy gloom, no matter how hard we searched there was no memory module. I am even more alone than before.

Why am I here? Why did the computer trigger my clone now? Am I going to be trapped on this island forever?

Here I am mourning for a woman who's name I can't remember. I can't remember my own... well 'his' name.”

A6 bumped his arm. “woo – blis – blat”

You triggered the my clone, why?”

bluu – blat – beeep”

You were lonely, an R2 unit lonely?”

A6 tilted forward and spread his claws. “woo – wooo”

Alright I forgive you, I will be here with you or take you with me.

Let's go find something to eat then we can work on the holo-net unit.

I wonder if they still have holo movies at night.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Ack! That's :( - rather final too. [face_thinking]