main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends A Match Made ... L/M, Corran/Mirax. Post #4, November 26!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Oct 28, 2012.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Disclaimer: Borrowing for fun.
    Title: A Match Made... Author: Jade eyes

Genre: Mush/humor - AU, but my canon ;)
    Timeframe: Right after CoTJ.
    Characters: See above.

AN: Luke and Mara are sorta oblivious :duh: so Corran and Mirax help them out ;) [face_laugh]

~~~~~~

Corran

Who was this Callista lady anyway? She wasn't all there in Corran's opinion. He hadn't been around mara much, but she seemed more Luke's type. Callista seemed smitten with Luke since the "grand rescue" :p but he acted bemused and perhaps infatuated more in the abstract than by the person herself.

But Mara -- Corran knew passion, even when it was unknown to the one feeling it ... it showed up whenever Luke talked about Mara -- there was an excitement and a sparkle there.

There was a zealous intensity as Luke watched Mara do katas and even walk across the room that was absent when he watched Callista.

He told Mirax that Luke often seemed ... impatient with Callista's gushing.

"You'll never get them to admit to anything, they haven't already." Mirax said. "Two more stubborn gundarks you'll never find. And especially now, Mara's avoiding Luke, even the mention of his name gets her in a snit."

"We'll just have to think of something to get them together."

"Without them knowing beforehand? Something that doesn't feel like a date, but keeps them isolated together so they'll ..."

"Either kill each other or ... do something more constructive." Corran finished with a laugh.

+++++

TBC:

Options to readers, to choose from for the next scene: Ask L/M to dinner as friends, i.e., the Horns ask Luke and also Mara but don't tell them the other is coming, that is, Luke doesn't know Mara's gonna be there, and vice versa.

Or: Say there's a meeting of a trading contact to Mara and a Jedi hopeful for Luke and then lock them in a room together [face_laugh] This could involve coded /written messages so no face to face contact with the sender.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh]

______

Tags available upon request. :)

2. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    I like the dinner, but you have to figure out a way that Mara won't leave in a huff when she realizes she'd been had by the Horns. Maybe somebody else is at the dinner that would be insulted if Mara and Luke refused to sit and eat.

Jade_eyes likes this.
  3. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Hmm [face_thinking] I would say lock them, but that would not make for a very open Mara, so I'll go with the first suggestion and follow up with JL's idea.

Tags please?

Jade_eyes likes this.
  4. immertreu

immertreu Jedi Master star 2

Feb 4, 2012
    Haha, lovely little piece! :) This made me laugh out loud: "Two more stubborn gundarks you'll never find" [face_laugh] Soooo true.

Hmm, I think I would prefer the dinner. It's always more fun when there are other people around as well. ;)

Could you tag me, please? Thanks. :)

Jade_eyes likes this.
  5. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Option 1 please! Such a neat idea for a plot. Tag me please!!

Jade_eyes likes this.
  6. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    I say the second one. I like the idea of locking Luke and Mara in a room together. [face_tee_hee]

Jade_eyes likes this.
  7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Alexis, so do I frankly -- [face_laugh] [face_mischief] I suppose though dinner is less fraught with consequences for the Horns LOL and by extension Luke - although the locking in room or finding a room [face_dancing] will certainly come up later. [:D]

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  8. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    I wouldn't mind seeing the Horns, Luke and Mara all trapped in a room. After trying to get out and realizing they are stuck until morning or whatever lame reason they have to wait...Mirax and Corran have a captive audience. I could see Mirax coming right out and asking Luke and Mara why they dance around each other...it's obvious they are made for each other. LOL!

Plot bunny....ACK :oops: ...NaNo is starting in a couple days...I must push all plot bunnies away for the next month.

Jade_eyes likes this.
  9. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    Corran and Mirax are biting off a bit more than they can chew here. LOL! That being said, lets see a feisty dinner. [face_laugh]

Jade_eyes likes this.
  10. lukemaraben

lukemaraben Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 2, 2012
    I'm going for the first option!

I can't wait for more...tag me please!

Jade_eyes likes this.
  11. Valiowk

Valiowk Chosen One star 6

Apr 23, 2000
    Ooh, do the readers get to vote for the direction of the story at the end of each part? That seems like a lot of fun! :) Corran and Mirax really have no idea just how much they're biting off! I vote for dinner because Luke and Mara will have to attempt some sort of polite interaction if they don't want the dinner to be super awkward. :p

12. Tarsier

Tarsier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 31, 2005
    I like the second option, with written messages. Makes me think of You've Got Mail - they don't get along face-to-face, but they fall in love through writing.

Jade_eyes likes this.
  13. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    dinner sounds fun with the Horns being investigating types

Jade_eyes likes this.
  14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Briannakin immertreu

Hazel lukemaraben

_____

Mirax Maybe this wasn't such a good idea. Luke and Mara gaped at each other speechlessly then barely looked at each other or exchanged a civil word. Or rather, she barely did. After his first surprise, Luke wanted to converse with Mara in his usual warm, friendly manner. But she would have none of it.

Corran The tension in the air was so thick that you could slice it. Neither Luke nor Mara suspected we had "set them up", probably because they were oblivious to their own feelings. Or, there was a niggling doubt, did they have feelings for one another?

When I asked Mirax that later, she grinned. "Do you think the lady, for one, would have been so ... determinedly avoidant if there weren't?"

[face_laugh]

Mirax And as for Luke, he talked about Mara even in passing with more glow than he ever gave Callista. :p

_____

Mara Was the dinner ever going to end, I thought. I spoke to Mirax of Ghent and Aves and I on a recent mission. I couldn't help thinking I wish Ghent would stuff Callista back into a virtual cyber cube and leave her there, or better yet, run an antispy bot program and delete her for sure. [face_laugh]

I stalked off as soon as we could leave in courtesy and headed for the nearest turbolift car.

Luke hurried after, but even my glower couldn't keep him from getting the point and he slid in right before the doors closed.

+++++

TBC and LOL!!!!

OK, sweet readers, should they 1) continue the ride in silence and have their "talk" later, like a day or so later? or 2) Have it out and also have a spontaneous kiss, which leads to more confusion.

:)

Whichever, more yum will follow, as Mara's -- interest in Luke becomes undeniable, one way or another. [face_dancing]

[face_love]

immertreu likes this.
  15. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    KISS!!!:D

Jade_eyes likes this.
  16. lukemaraben

lukemaraben Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 2, 2012
    I go for the kiss too :D!!!

Jade_eyes likes this.
  17. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Kiss :*! And i hope Mara doesn't kill him for it. :p

Jade_eyes likes this.
  18. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    KISS HER!!!!!! :)

Jade_eyes likes this.
  19. WeAreJedi

WeAreJedi Jedi Master star 1

Sep 2, 2012
    This is going to be good. Can you tag me please. I vote for kiss!

Jade_eyes likes this.
  20. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    Numero dos, of course.

Oh, and I forgot to ask you to tag me. So, could you tag me, please?

Jade_eyes likes this.
  21. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Kiss of course with you being the queen of squee

Jade_eyes likes this.
  22. Valiowk

Valiowk Chosen One star 6

Apr 23, 2000
    Forgot to ask you to tag me last time. Would you please add me to the tag list too? Thanks!

I vote for confused Luke and Mara, so I guess that means kiss. ;)

23. Tarsier

Tarsier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 31, 2005
    Just to be contrary, I'm going to go with option 1. :p

24. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Where's the DON'T LIKE button. ;)

Jade_eyes likes this.
  25. immertreu

immertreu Jedi Master star 2

Feb 4, 2012