~~A Matter of Trust (JA)~~

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by jedi_master_gimpy, Jan 2, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi_master_gimpy Force Ghost

star 4
    Alrighty, I'm posting my new story! Hurray!! :) It seems like like I remember there being some other story with a similar title here but I couldn't remember so if there is then... I'm sorry! :(

Okeday, this story is a JA with our favorite two Jedi - Obi-Wan Kenobi and Qui-Gon Jinn - plus an added original character (very cool!) whom is related to someone most of you should know - Mara Jade!! Yay!!!

Alrighty, the bell's about to ring for school (ugh, I am *not* ready to start school up again!) so I'll start posting the actual story after school.
  2. Jane Jinn Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Oh, sure, Gimpy, start right out with Reader Torture. Leave us absolutely panting for a post, a paragraph, even the first sentence, while you go skipping off to school!

*grumble growl grumble*
  3. Jedi Susie Force Ghost

star 4
    Seems like we were just talking about this...oh wait we were!

You are really putting a lot of us writer's to shame posting all these terrfic stories so quickly...But hey I'll go through all the shame I need to get a Gimpy-story ^_^

Can't wait for the post and, if you makes you feel better, I still have a week off...oh that doesn't help? Sorry! ^_^
  4. Renton Kenobi Force Ghost

star 4
    *Sits down with bowl of popcorn and soda in hand* BUYA BABY! BRING ON THE GIMPY!
  5. Master_Tahl Jedi Knight

star 2
    *jumps around* Yay! A new gimpy story, even though shes torturing us instead of Obi. Oh well..
  6. Kelly Kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    Enough teasing Gimpy, get posting!!!

Please!
  7. LadyVorgunby Jedi Knight

star 3
    Yay Gimpy! A new story!! Can't wait....

8. KADI-WAN_KENOBI Jedi Master

star 4
    Yea!!! New Gimpy story.

Post soon!!!
  9. Renton Kenobi Force Ghost

star 4
    *Obi-Wan Kenobi sticks his head in* Hi, I have a question? Am I going to be tortured in this fanfic as well?
  10. jedi_master_gimpy Force Ghost

star 4
    OooooOOOOoooo sorry? Did you peoples want a post? Sorry! ;) Oh dear, and I have all of my readers mad at me *before* the story begins!!!

Yeah, we were just talking about this weren't we, Susie? :) And *none* of my stories put *any* of yours to shame!!!

Um, Obi? I'm afraid to say that yes, you will be tortured!! But don't worry, not until near the end and it won't be near as bad as usual!! I promise I'll give you an ice packet and some bacta and a few million kisses when it's all over!!

Alrighty, I have the first chapter done. This is a post about that new *original* character I was talking about, sorry but our two fav Jedi won't enter in until the next post.

===================
    ===================

Chapter 1

Nia stumbled through the streets of Coruscant, jostled on all sides by a crowd too busy to pay attention to a crying ten year-old girl. Nia pressed on, her broken and bloody nose throbbing in tune with her pounding head and her ribs aching where she?d hit her.

The moving crowd slowly pushed her to the edge and released her and Nia sagged against the entrance to a small alleyway, sobbing. She couldn?t go back, not anymore. She had thought she could somehow survive with a mother that didn?t love her, but not anymore.

No, not anymore.

Nia sank down onto a crate and wrapped her arms around her sides, trying to hold the pain inside, to keep from showing all the pain that had become too much to bear. Her heart caught in her throat as an unkempt man stepped out of the crowd and leered at her, looking her up and down in a way that made her skin crawl. ?You look a little lost, sweetheart.?

Nia shrank away. ?Leave me alone.?

He reached forward, smelling of alcohol and dirt. ?Come?ere.?

Nia scrambled back, holding one hand protectively to her injured ribs. ?No!?

A large shadow fell over the man and he whirled in surprise. Behind him towered someone Nia had never seen before, someone tall and strong. ?What say you leave the little girl alone?? the newcomer rumbled with a slow drawl.

The short man swallowed and nodded. ?Y-yes, I was just on my way.?

The taller man glared at him until he was completely out of sight, disappearing into the dust and shadows as though he belonged there. Then he turned to crouch beside Nia, his face softening. ?Are you okay? He didn?t hurt you, did he??

Nia shook her head mutely, once more conscious of the dried blood and tears on her face. What did he want? He seemed nice enough, but she was too weak and emotionally drained to protect herself should he try anything.

The man probed her bruised cheek with gentle fingers and pulled away when Nia flinched. ?Don?t worry, I won?t hurt you,? he soothed. ?My name is Morule Doran. Who did this to you? Your father??

Nia shook her head again, tears springing into her eyes. Father was dead. She licked dry lips. ?Mother...?

The man?s eyebrows climbed all the way off his forehead. ?Your mother?? He sighed and rubbed a thumb over his smooth chin before looking up at her again. ?You know, I have a ship called the "Night Sky". I could take you there, clean you up. Take care of that nose.?

Nia dropped her gaze and twisted her hands in her lap. She couldn?t go back to mother, she new that now. But this man, kind as he was, was a stranger. Strangers weren?t to be trusted. No one was to be trusted anymore, because they only hurt you in the end.

?If you change your mind, I?ll take you home,? Doran added softly.

Nia looked at him, knowing she wanted this, wanted someone that cared about what happened to her, no matter what the consequences might be...

====================

Nia Jade sat up in bed, her body rigid with tension. She blew a slow, steady stream of air out between her lips and reached a hand up in the pitch-black room to brush her short hair back from her face. It came away wet with tears.

//Stop it, Nia,// she scolded herself. //That?s over now. It happened a decade ago. Doran took you in and you?ve been onboard the "Night Sky" ever s
  11. KADI-WAN_KENOBI Jedi Master

star 4
    Good start. I'm hooked already.

Looking forward to more. :)
  12. Jedi-Faith Jedi Master

star 2
    Good start =) can't wait for more!
  13. Neon Star Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Another Gimpy story, Great! Good start! Can't wait for more!
  14. jedi_master_gimpy Force Ghost

star 4
    Thanks everyone!! I know it was rather long and boring, but I promise that once we get into the actual story more with Obi and Qui the long posts will be a *good* thing!
  15. Renton Kenobi Force Ghost

star 4
  16. Jane Jinn Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Not boring at all! Nia was well-described, and so was the situation.
  17. imzadi Jedi Master

star 4
    This is intriguing! I'm looking forward to more. Just what have you got planned?? *g*
  18. LadyVorgunby Jedi Knight

star 3
  19. jedi_master_gimpy Force Ghost

star 4
    Thanks everybody!!! Here's the next part, Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon galore!!! ;)

=========================
    =========================

Chatper 2

"You'd think they could spare us a day or two before sending us on another mission." Twenty one year-old Jedi Apprentice Obi-Wan Kenobi commented as his master and he waited to be shown into the council chambers.

"Padawan, I'm sure the Council just lives to send us on mission after mission without rest or relaxation." Qui-Gon Jinn replied with a hint of a smile tugging at his lips. Greying chestnut hair was pulled back from his face and hung down to his shoulders. Midnight blue eyes regarded his padawan fondly out of a noble face which, usually calm and contemplative, was now alert but laid back.

Obi-Wan chose to ignore the sarcasm in his master's voice. "I'm glad to know that you see it as well, Master. I think Yoda must get some kind of perverse pleasure out of it."

Qui-Gon resisted the urge to roll his eyes. "Obi-Wan, the world does not revolve around whether or not you get to sleep in."

Obi-Wan gave him an impish grin, his short ginger hair standing up on end in its spiky Padawan cut as he gently tugged at the thin braid that hung from behind his right ear to past his collarbone. "It should."

Qui-Gon tried to hide the smile that threatened to show and didn't quite succeed. No matter what the teenager - no, young man, he corrected himself - said, Qui-Gon knew that Obi-Wan was one of the most sensitive and down-to-earth Padawans at the Jedi Temple. The tall Jedi Master crossed his arms. "Brat."

Obi-Wan grinned at him in return and Qui-Gon marveled at how his bright blue eyes twinkled with mirth like he was still a teenager. The young man temporarily slipped out of his Jedi posture, lounging back in his chair and waving a hand in the general direction of the large double doors leading to the Council Chambers. "How long do you think it will be before the Council sees us?"

Before Qui-Gon could answer a small blond initiate walked shyly up to them, her hands hidden in the long sleeves of her robe. "The Council will see you now."

Obi-Wan smiled kindly at her. "Thank you."

The little girl blushed and hurried off. The two Jedi stood and straightened their robes. Even as a young adult Obi-Wan was dwarved by his master, he was almost a full head shorter. Qui-Gon shook his head in wonderment. "What is it with girls and you, my Padawan?"

Obi-Wan blushed as they walked through the huge doors, falling into step a pace behind and to the right of Qui-Gon. "Master, when I've figured women out I'll have discovered one of the biggest secrets of the galaxy."

Qui-Gon coughed to cover his chuckle as they took their place in the rough circle of Jedi Masters, remembering many a time when he had felt the same way.

Mace Windu, an old friend of Qui-Gon's and general spokesperson for the twelve members of the Council, regarded them with a twinkle in his eye before clearing his throat and folding his hands in front of him. "We apologize for having to summon you so soon after your return to the Temple, but another matter was come up."

//If it's another series of negotiations I'm going to shoot myself.// Obi-Wan remained looked straight ahead although slightly downcast in respect, revealing no outward sign of his thoughts.

//That's not a very healthy thing to do, Padawan.// Qui-Gon stood tall, feet apart and hands folded together. Truth be told, the Jedi Master couldn't blame him. Negotiations often proved more long, tedious and downright frustrating than other mission.

"A request from the Republic we have had," Master Yoda said gravely.

"A gun dealer by the code name of 'Darthexar' has been attracting much attention as of late. You've heard of the civil war on Lorqu?" Master Windu asked.

Qui-Gon nodded solmenly. It had been going on for months now, one of the bloodiest the galaxy had seen. Differences in culture and incidents over a number of years had led to a huge war between the two races that inhabited the planet.

Ki
  20. imzadi Jedi Master

star 4
    LOL! I really enjoyed this touch of humour. You wrote their characters very well. I'm eagerly awaiting more!
  21. jedi_master_gimpy Force Ghost

star 4
    Awwwwww, come on! I know there's a reader out there just waiiiiiiiiiting to reply! ;) (sorry, I've been stuck at school for the last couple of hours and I'm going looney from boredome!)
  22. jedi_master_gimpy Force Ghost

star 4
    Yay, a postie!! Thanks, imzadi! :)
  23. JediCandy Jedi Master

star 3
    Cool premise....eagerly awaiting more.

24. Master_Tahl Jedi Knight

star 2
    Lol, that was a great post gimpy. Padawan abuse, hehe.
  25. JEDIMASTERYU Jedi Master

star 2
    Great post JM gimpy. Looking forward to more
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.