main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

~~A Matter of Trust (JA)~~

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by jedi_master_gimpy, Jan 2, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi_master_gimpy

jedi_master_gimpy Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2000
    Thanks, Susie! (This will give me more time to work on my top-secret antidote to puppyeyes!) ;)

Well I stayed up really late last night so that I could get this post done before I left, so if it sucks, well, bear w/me...

Anywho, here it is! It leaves it at sort of a cliffhanger of sorts...or at least I sorta thought so ;)

This post is for Susie and Miss SnarfypantsLunetta who was bugging me on her thread! :p

==========================
    ==========================

?So maybe I shouldn?t have called
    Was it too soon to tell?
    Oh what the hell
    It doesn?t really matter
    How do you define something that never really had a name?
    Has your opinion changed?

Because I don?t know you anymore
    I don?t recognize this place
    The picture frames have changed and so has your name
    We don?t talk much anymore
    We keep running from the pain
    But what I wouldn?t give to see your face again?
    ~ ?I Don?t Know You Anymore? by Savage Garden

Chapter 24

Nia only had to stop for directions once. The memories were so strongly impressed in her mind that even a decade of space travel and only a ten year-old?s recall could cause them only to blur, not fade.

It was seven levels below Coruscant?s surface now, although her last recollection was of it being six. The neighborhood had never been very pleasant and only roughened with time. Whereas before a scrawny scare-crow of a girl hadn?t been noticed, no the slender but curved young woman of twenty left her blaster in full view to keep away trouble.

Her steps slowed and then stopped as she came within sight of her destination, her body freezing of its violation. It seemed time had passed over it. The small red flowers Nia had so valiantly tried to grow in the windowsill had been replaced with purple buds and the apartment was in dire need of a new coat of paint, although it was the only dwelling in view that appeared to have any sort of upkeep at all.

Nia cursed herself for being gutless and walked to the door, her feet feeling like two slabs of permacrete and her stomach like a cargo hold full of Faloozan jumping monkeys. It was as if her whole life had brought her back to this place, this moment. Holding her breath, she lifted a hand and knocked softly, carefully on the thin door, a feeling of déjà vu washing over her. A minute passed, and even thought she had come here with purpose Nia felt a flood of relief at the possibility of her not being home.

Oh, well, she could say she had made the effort so might as well turn around now before someone *did* come?

//You?re scared,// a voice in her head mocked.

//Of course I am,// she replied. //You would be, too.// Nia frowned, frustrated. //What am I talking about? You ARE me.//

The redhead turned to trace her steps back down the rickety wooden steps only to hear the door creak open behind her. Nia whirled, her eyes staring directly into tired blue-green eyes and a remarkably similar face, only aged with the lines of time, drinking, and grief. The woman before her was short and petite, her reddish-brown hair sparsely streaked with gray. Her shoulders were slightly slumped, as though carrying the weight of unseen burdens.

She stared back at Nia blankly. ?Yes??

Nia?s head spun. Her throat was dry. This?this small elderly woman couldn?t be the vengeful drunk she had left behind. She looked so small, so delicate! ?Mother?? she whispered.

Carissa Jade drew back as though burned, her eyes widening and searching Nia?s features almost frantically. ?Nia?? she breathed, as though scared the young woman would dissolve into thin air.

Nia nodded, unsure of what to say. There was so much that had happened, but the impenetrable walls of the past hadn?t left and she couldn?t forget the lost ten year-old with the broken and bloody nose.

Carissa stepped forward and pulled her into a sudden hug. Nia held herself stiff at first, completely taken aback, and then gently melted into the embrace. She treasured the maternal love she had spent her whole life missing an

2. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    First Carissa tells her daughter it was wrong to indoctrinate her so much against the Jedi, then gives her an ultimatum of chosing between her mother or the Jedi???

What a choice... what will Nia do???

It didn't suck in the least Gimpy... I hope those plot bunnies are nibbilng and you give us more soon. :) :)

3. Jedi Susie

Jedi Susie Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2000
    What a choice to have to make. Gee-whiz...Poor Nia- to be placed in those shoes has to be terrible.

I can't believe you left us with this cliff-hanger...well at least no one was dying. Of course, this isn't much better!

I do hope you have fun in Disney, but there best be a post when you get back :)

4. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    Gimpyinabucketridingindianjonesride
    wishingharrisonfordwassittingnexttoher!!! How could you not tell me posted more? IT was very good! I have to wait until SATURDAY or LONGER for more? *grumble* ;)

5. Jedi Susie

Mar 12, 2000
    I know she's in Disney, but thought I'd bring this guy up to the top for those who haven't read it yet.

6. Renton Kenobi

Renton Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2000
    :) Always great Master Gimpy. :)

7. jedi_master_gimpy

Jan 12, 2000
    Thanks for reading peoples!! I'm back and it was a lot of fun but it is SO NICE TO BE HOME!!! I'll try to have a post up soon, right now sleeping is more on my mind though! ;)

LOL Your Lunettaness and thanks for upping it Susie!!! :D

8. Jedi Susie

Mar 12, 2000
    Glad you had fun and once you wake up...well post ;)

You have your fun with Mickey and Goofy...but now it's time to give the readers their fun :D

9. KADI-WAN_KENOBI

KADI-WAN_KENOBI Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 9, 2000
    Delurking to say that was great! Can't wait to see the next post. :)

10. Jedi Susie

Mar 12, 2000
    Kicking it up to the top!!! I hope there's a post soon...please...pretty please!

11. Maija Darklighter

Maija Darklighter Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 3, 2000
    *clattering*
    Oh dear where did my jaw go?
    *looks under the bed*
    Oh there you are! jeez i really do need to go to see the doctor about my loose jaw!
    *Tries to put her jaw back on*

Great story Gimpy! You have just earned a new fan! I am now jealous of Nai Jade! *scowl*

I also really like your name I think its kind of cute. I wish I could change my username so that ppls would stop calling me by my whole name.*sigh*

Post soon!
    Darklighter

12. Jedi_Borme

Jedi_Borme Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 17, 2000
    Gimpy you need to post more. PLEASE

13. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
  14. Jedi-Faith

Jedi-Faith Jedi Master star 2

Dec 21, 2000
    What happened to this fic? :_| Will there be more?

Up! :D

15. jedi_master_gimpy

Jan 12, 2000
    Aaack! It's the fanfic that went SPLAT! :p I've been trying to forget about it.... My enthusiasm for this story rather died but if people are interested in an ending, than I can attempt one, although it may take a couple days to get to it (I've got to remember what's going on! [face_blush] ) Are people really interested?

16. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    *waves madly and jumps up and down trying to grab Gimpy's attention*

Me! MEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

17. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Well, I'd be interested in an ending, but only if you can muster enough enthusiasm to make it good. Sorry, that sounds harsh, but I don't want you to think you -have- to finish it and then end up doing a poor job just to get it out of the way.

18. Jedi-Faith

Jedi-Faith Jedi Master star 2

Dec 21, 2000
    I'm interested in an ending, if you want to finish it that is... :D But like Jane said, don't feel obliged to... :)

19. jedi_master_gimpy

Jan 12, 2000
    Ok. I'll take a look at it, and see if I can get some good thoughts and writing going, then get back to you guys. Thanks for the input! :)

20. KenobisGirl

KenobisGirl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 10, 2001
  21. Ganki

Ganki Jedi Master star 3

Jan 27, 2002
    WOW that was great Gimpy! ^_^ Just one question....when will you add on to this and the answer better be soon!

Please update soon this is a great story! Please more soon!

Very interested in an ending, up.

22. Renton Kenobi

Renton Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2000
    *Peaks out from her hole* Where are you Gimpy!? :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.