main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends A Memory Lost an Obi-wan Story -JA - July 15th --- "Completed " -----

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Gkilkenny, Jun 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    Hello A_Tye No he isn't but as usual he suffers for it.

~~~~~

Back in the Council Chambers the Council Members were letting Qui-Gon know a few home truths.

They had listened to his arguments about his supposedly disobedient Padawan.
    But his words had fallen on deaf ears.

?Qui-Gon? Mace held his hand up to stop Qui-Gon from continuing.

?A report was sent to us from the Elders on the planet Salazar. They wish it noted that it was they, who insisted that Padawan Kenobi sit in on their discussions. Even though Obi-wan protested that he was not capable or experienced enough of mediating their treaty. The Elders were very impressed with his fair and impartial views, his ability to give advice without pressuring them into making one decision over another, in one so young was worthy of praise. I believe you should read this report before accusing your apprentice of disobedience or misdeeds. According to this he did all that he could to obey your commands but the weather was against him.?

Mace explained it all in detail. Then waited for Qui-Gon to respond.

?If what you say is true then I owe my apprentice an apology, but I was not to know what happened,as I was ill at the time.? Qui-Gon tried to answer with dignity.

?Think I do that ill you have been for a considerable time, Master Jinn
    If not allow your apprentice the benefit of the doubt.? Yoda admonished.

Qui-Gon was about to answer Yoda when another Councillor spoke.

?Do you feel your apprentice is unworthy of you Master Jinn??. Master Gallia asked.

?No certainly not Obi-wan is a fine apprentice, he is diligent, conscientious and attentive.? he answered.

?Then do you believe he is worthy of praise or compliment, occasionally?? She asked again.
    Qui-Gon stared at the Councillor for a moment wondering where this questioning was leading.

?Of course I do.? he answered.

?Perhaps you might tell us then, when was the last time you praised Obi-wan for his performance?

?I-I? he knows how I feel about him.? the usually calm exterior was showing a few ripples as Qui-Gon thought about the answer he had just given.

?How do you feel about young Obi-wan?? Mace inquired.

?I?.I feel proud to call him my Padawan he is a studious student, I am pleased with his progress. I do not smother him with constant praise But I am sure he knows that I am pleased with him? Qui-Gon said not really believing what he just said himself.

?Does he. Have you actually told him how you feel about him, or do you just allow him to guess?? Master Yaddle asked.

Qui-Gon was stumped, he couldn?t answer that.

?I-I believe Obi-wan to have far greater abilities than most Padawans his age. But I do not want him to become arrogant and conceited.? He said.

?The Council of all people should know what happens to young apprentices who are praised too much?
    Qui-Gon stammered.

?There is a real risk of them turning to the Dark side and?I do not want that to happen to Obi-wan.? He added.

?You believe there is a risk of him turning, do you, has he shown himself to be someone who would be selfish, self absorbed and self centred.?

?Well no, but it has happened before, I do not believe Obi-wan is selfish or self absorbed, but?..?

?No buts Qui-Gon. Is it not your self you are describing. Do you think about your own needs, of not wanting to be hurt again.? Mace asked.

?Are you so absorbed with the memory of what your former apprentice did, that you only centre your thoughts on protecting yourself from that pain. It is what you want and need, 'not what Obi-wan wants or needs. You are his Master, -Qui-Gon- Obi-wan needs guidance, supervision and support, and most of all a friend. He is not a business project, he is flesh and blood, he has feelings, feelings that he keeps locked away.?
    Mace berated.

They told him in no uncertain terms that his treatment of Obi-Wan had been the topic of conversation for some time now.

He tried to defend his actions by saying that he didn?t want to spoil the boy and that it was for his own good that

2. Padawan_Anne

Padawan_Anne Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 24, 2005
    Wonderful post :) I hope they find Obi in time :_| Wait a minute....what am I saying? [face_laugh]

Excitedly waiting for more ;)

Padawan Anne[face_good_luck]

3. lightsaver

lightsaver Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 8, 2005
    you know the drill...

MORE! MORE, DAMN YOU!!

4. Seven

Seven Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 20, 2000
    Seven: Noooooooooooo! Obi-waaaaaaaaaaan! :_|

Vader: You'd never get that upset about me :mad:

Seven: That was a wonderful chapter! It was about time that Qui had some sense beaten into him. [face_mischief]

Vader: Are you ignoring me?

Seven: I liked that Qui didn't really see the full implications though. I don't think the man could ever do that.

Vader: Are you ignoring me? I'll make funny faces.

Seven: It was about time that the council did something about it.

Vader: [face_pig]

Seven: So all in all, a great addition, and I'll be here waiting for more.

Vader: [face_cow]

Seven: Have a good night, and thank you!

Vader: [face_monkey] [face_chicken]

Seven: ~takes pictures~

Vader: Hey! When did you stop ignoring me!

Seven: Wouldn't you like to know... [face_devil]

Seven: More soon please! @};-

5. maychorian

maychorian Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 7, 2005
    Oh, dear. :( I hope they find Obi-Wan quickly. This sickness sounds dangerous. At least Qui-Gon felt SOMETHING. Perhaps he'll be able to find his poor little paddy before it's too late.

I'm glad the Council set him straight. Looking forward to good times, please?

6. LilQui-Gon

LilQui-Gon Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 29, 2004
    It's about time QUI-GON!!! Dang he's sooooo hard-headed! [face_frustrated] But I still love him. [face_love] I can't help it. [face_blush]

7. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    Well, Qui-Gon being disgusted with himself is good, and so is him being put on probabtion. Yeah! I think I'll refrain from knocking him upside the head today. But now he'd just better find poor Obi-Wan before it's too late! Aaahhh!
    More sooooooon! :D

8. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004

Padawan_Anne More coming as soon as I take the bucket off Qui-Gons head.[face_whistling]

Lightsaver Definately MORE coming[face_dancing]

Sevenocassionally the council yells at Qui-Gon, but does it make a difference.:D

MaychorianGood times You want good times, they are far and few between.[face_devil]

LilQui-GonYes he is hard headed, that because he has a bucket on his head.[face_beatup]

BastetProbation could be a good thing.[face_thinking]

MORE COMING AS SOON AS I CATCH UP ON A FEW STORIES.

9. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004
    As I promised MORE.

~~~~~~

Qui-Gon felt drawn to the Garden but once there could not get a good reading of where his apprentice was.

The garden was searched, but no one imagined that there would be a hidden door behind the vines.

?I do not understand? Qui-Gon said. I have a strong sense that he is close, but when I feel along the bond it feels disrupted and fraying. It is like the bond threads are crumbling. It scares me?

Bant had arrived in the garden and heard what Qui-Gon said.
    He sounded very worried about Obi-wan.

The Masters were all standing not far from the edge of the vines.

Bant, was Obi-wan?s good friend, and she and Garen had been searching for some time, but had not found anything.

She noticed Qui-Gon facing the area of vines that she had seen Obi-wan disappear into once.

?Master Jinn?, Bant said. Obi-wan said there was a private place he would go to and it is through those vines.? she pointed to the vines.

?But Bant there is nothing behind the vines except rocks.? Her Master said.

?Well I watched him go through there once, and he didn?t come out, I asked him later where did he go and he just said.

"That there was a private place he could go and meditate.?

?I looked for it one day but the vines were too thick, I didn?t find it and Obi said it was his private place.

So I respected his wish not to ask again.?

Master Yoda tapped his cane on the ground. ?A hundred years ago part of the old temple was abandoned, under our very feet it stands still to this day. Was used for many years as a training room.
    Entry by a large steel door, after the Jedi built the new Temple, the great hall was closed off and the door was locked, many boulders and rocks were placed in front of it.? Yoda said.

Qui-Gon and several Masters including Yoda started to search the vines, after many minutes Yoda could sense the boys weak signature from a thick area of the vines.

Pushing through they found the door, it was locked so Qui-Gon cut through it with his sabre.

As they opened it a kaleidoscope of emotions assailed them, Fear, loneliness, desolation and a sense of panic was emitted from the open doorway.

As they started down the stairway they noticed glow lamps attached to the wall.

Mace lit each one as they descended.

Reaching the bottom of the staircase they were surprised at the size of the room it looked lived in the statues lining the walls were clean as though someone had dusted them.

On the floor were training mats, and a few makeshift balance beams were scattered around the room.

Down at the other end in the alcove was a bed in one corner and a shelf with a few Holobooks on it.

Holobooks were a slim, crystalline board which were used to store vast amounts of information.

When properly stored and maintained, they gave off a soft, blue glow.

The blue glow illuminated that end of the room.

The force told them that Obi-wan was indeed in this room but, they couldn?t see him.

The force was leading them to a far corner, which was in darkness.

Looking around the room they noticed Jedi clothes laying on the floor a shirt, tunic, utility belt, socks and boots, all strewn around as though some one was in a hurry to get them off.

Obi-wans force signature was weak, and odd, it was altered somehow, Obi-wans force presence was always strong and direct it shone like a beacon in the night, but now it was allusive and muted.

Mace walked over to the clothes he picked up Obi-wans shirt. ?This shirt is damp? He commented.

Yoda and Qui-Gon moved towards the dark corner, healer Fergus grabbed a lamp off the table and moved with them.

There in the corner huddled in just his pants was Obi-wan, rocking slightly holding his head with his hands.

He looked up as they approached, just as his comm. link started buzzing.

Qui-Gon had asked Garen to keep trying to contact Obi-wan when they first found him missing.

Qui- realised that it must be Garen still trying to contact Obi-wan.

The noise of the comm. unit made Obi jump.

He

10. maychorian

Jan 7, 2005
    Uh oh. It sounds like Obi-Wan has regressed to childhood. Understandable considering how intolerable the present has become for him. At least Qui-Gon knows what's going on now, and wants to help.

11. Padawan_Anne

Jun 24, 2005
    arrrrrgh -grabs Qui-Gon and smashes flower pot against his head- "All your fault you bast....!Forget it." -turns back to Qui- >>>[face_beatup]<<< Much better. :)

Another job well done. Cant wait for more. [face_love]

12. A_Tye

A_Tye Jedi Youngling

Aug 1, 2003
    Oh no! looks like Obi's got amnisia. Well at least if he dosen't remember his aprisiship then Qui-gon can angst over restablishing the bond. Of course this gives him a second chance to establish a good relationship with Obi-Wan, not that his diserves one.

13. Bastet

Dec 30, 1999
    I'm glad Qui-Gon finally got a clue. And now we get the reason for the title of this story! Just how many years of memories did Obi-Wan lose, I wonder? Need more soon!!!

14. PadawanEstel

PadawanEstel Jedi Master star 1

Jan 23, 2004
    :eek:

Nooo! Obi! *shakes obi(gently)* Snap out of it! It's okay!
    My poor baby... :(

15. NomiJinn

NomiJinn Jedi Youngling

Jul 6, 2004
    oh No! my little Obi baby:_| He thinks he's still in the creche! Hopefully there will not be any permanent damage from the fever and he'll get his memory back.

16. LilQui-Gon

LilQui-Gon Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 29, 2004
    Why, why, WHY do you have to leave us hanging?! IT'S TOURTURE!!! :_|

17. Trancendence

Trancendence Jedi Youngling

Jun 22, 2005
    Oh, Force, poor Obi-Wan..

18. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004
    Maychorian How right you are:)

Padawan_Anne Calm down bashing Qui-Gon wont help...
    ummm "Yes it will" [face_beatup]

A_TyeThe bond is the least of their troubles[face_thinking]

Bastet I'm glad Qui-Gon finally got a clue
    Just how many years of memories did Obi-Wan lose,

"Oh just his apprenticeship":D

PadawanEstel He's so cute isn't he[face_love]

Hi NomiJinn thanks for reading oh No! my little Obi baby I just love Obi angst.:D

LilQui-Gon I love Torture too:D

Trancendence "Welcome" Yep" Poor Obi-wan:D

19. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004

?Master Tulsa?? Fergus questioned. A feeling of dread was felt by all in the room.

Yoda moved into Obi?s vision and said.

?No Young one the Crèche Master is not here at the moment.?

I looked at Master Yoda then giggled. ?Oh hello Master Yoda, what are you doing here - Are you sick too?

I?m really thirsty? can I have some thing to drink? he added.

Fergus brought the glass to Obi?s lips and lifted his head off the pillow, Obi drank his fill then rested his head back on the pillow.
    ?Did I fall on my head? c?ause it really hurts? he said looking around.

? Did something happen to me.? the Boy asked.

Yoda sat on the edge of the bed. ?Sick you have been young one. Tell us what last you remember.? Yoda asked.

I looked around, then I said. ?Mmm?. I think? I had first meal, but I?m really hungry now.

I played in the pond with my friends, I think I was really hot, and the water was so cool and then?.. I woke up - Yep that?s what I remember.? Obi-wan said.

Each Master knew by the sound of Obi-wan?s voice that something was wrong.
    He was talking like a child much younger than a boy of nearly nearly sixteen.

Yoda asked him ?Know you who these people are? pointing to Mace and Qui-Gon.

Obi-wan looked at the two Jedi Masters. then he answered.
    ?I think I do. That?s Master Windu- Hello Master Windu,?.
    umm he is on the Council?.

Master Windu responded ?Hello Obi-wan?

Then he looked at Qui-Gon for a few moments before he answered.

?Umm I think I know him I?ve seen him with his Padawan, that?s?..umm Master Jinn
    Hello Master Jinn. What are you doing here, is your Padawan at the healers too??

Qui-Gon was stunned his mouth opened, ?H..hello Obi-Wan how are you?
    Obi-wan shrugged his shoulders. ?Ok I guess, but I wish I was back in the dormitory, I don?t like being at the healers.
    They always give me needles. Is Master Tulsa coming soon,.. I?m hungry and I don?t want to miss midday meal,?
    caus?e after, we play games before last meal. I like Master Tulsa she makes me laugh?. I like to laugh,?. I like being happy.
    Master Tulsa tells me stories,?. her stories always have happy endings.? he said

?Did you know that Master Tulsa can balance an orange on the tip of her nose.?
    She does lots of funny things. haha ha.. she makes me laugh?..
    I put blue paint all over her once?.she looked soooo funny!.....Where?s Master Tulsa!?

Obi-Wan was rambling, and while they watched him, Obi-wan started to rock back and forth, chuckling to himself.

?Yes Young one Sent for Master Tulsa we have, come soon she will?. Yoda said.

Fergus went out into the hall when Tulsa arrived and told her of the situation, and that it appeared that Obi-wan had digressed to an early age, and was blocking the pain he was in by remembering only happy times from his past.

He suggested that she take him to the dormitory and allow him to rest on one of the beds for the rest of the day while he, Yoda, Mace and Qui-Gon discussed the situation.

Later in the day at healers office.

Fergus introduced Qui-Gon to Healer Leenik. ?Lee is a mind healer Qui-Gon, I have discussed Obi-wan?s case with her?.

?Hello Qui-Gon I have heard much about you I am glad we have finally met?.

Qui-Gon nodded in greeting ?Hello Healer Leenik?.

?Tell me do you know what is wrong with my Padawan".He asked.

?He doesn?t recognise me as his Master? Qui-Gon stated. ?What?s wrong with him??

?Healer Fergus told me what Obi-wan said when he woke up, I really cannot give you any answers until I have spoken to him.?
    She replied. "But first I would like to go over with you what problems if any have you had recently with your apprentice.
    I need some background information on your apprentice and yourself to find out if there is a common factor
    that may have caused this digression.?

?To be honest with you Master Leenik I haven't had any problems with Obi-wan. But I now see, that he has had problems with me, I have been such a fool. I am certain that I am the reason Obi-wan is acting the way he is.? Qui-Go

20. maychorian

Jan 7, 2005
    Now we find out exactly painful Obi's life has been. :( Looks like it was even worse than we thought.

He hasn't regressed to true childhood, it looks like, because I know he wanted to be a Jedi Knight--He always, always wanted to be a knight. This is more of a projection to protect him from reality, it looks like. Poor kiddo.

Keep it coming!

21. Padawan_Anne

Jun 24, 2005
    Hmm...Im not sure what to say. Thats a bit sad, actually. Poor Obis trying to hide from his pain, but he cant hide forever. I hope he'll be able to push it away and come back soon. [face_worried] Great Post again! Keep it up. ;)

22. lightsaver

lightsaver Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 8, 2005
    MORE! MORE, DAMN YOU!!

23. Bastet

Dec 30, 1999
    Oh dear, poor Obi-Wan. Can't wait to see what's in that box- I sense more guilt for Qui-Gon. Which is good, he has three years to redeem himself for, after all. Need more! :)

24. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004
    Hi every one, had a busy couple of days
    But a post should be coming soon.

Maychorian Your right Poor kiddo.

:D

Padawan_Anne Thats a bit sad, actually. Poor Obis trying to hide from his pain, but he cant hide forever.

No he cannot hide from his pain forever[face_devil]

Lightsaver Its very easy to please you
    MORE COMING:D [face_devil]

Bastet I sense more guilt for Qui-Gon. Which is good, he has three years to redeem himself for,
    [face_worried] [face_devil]
    More guilt coming

25. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004

I THINK THIS PART IS SAD SO ON WITH THE STORY
    Gkilkenny

Going through the contents of the box, Qui-Gon was saddened to realise all his Padawans personal and cherished items were in that box.

Items Qui-Gon had forgotten about, small gifts of appreciation from successful missions, several photos of Obi with the King?s son from Ragan 3.

Awards Obi received in his time here at the Temple all rolled with a piece of ribbon, wrapped around each award.

As she was sifting through the box, Lee inquired about the covered Chair in the common room.

?Qui-Gon I noticed a brightly coloured armchair in the common room why is it covered with a grey blanket?

Qui-Gon thought for a moment then said.

?When I first took Obi-Wan as my apprentice, I needed another chair, he asked if he could pick it.
    But when it arrived I told him it was too bright, and I covered it with the blanket."

?What did Obi-Wan say about why he picked those colours? She asked.

?I remember him saying at the time the green leaves reminded him of the garden and the blue reminded him of the sky.?
    ?And what was your reply.??

Qui-Gon shook his head in shame.

?I just went and got the blanket, and when I threw it over the chair I said ?That?s Better?

?Obi-Wan never mentioned the chair again and come to think of it now? ?I do not think he ever sat in it.?
    ?How could I be so insensitive and horrid?? He admitted.

Lee just glanced at him nodding, and then continued looking in the box.

A Journal book was on the bottom of the box, Lee took it out and opened the first page.

?Qui-Gon this is Obi-Wan?s journal, ?I know this is personal but I really need to read it.? She said.

?I understand Lee, go ahead.? ?I think I need to know myself if I am going to be able to help Obi.

?I need to understand how he felt.?

My Journal: The property of Obi-Wan Kenobi Apprentice to Qui-Gon Jinn

Bant gave me this journal when Master Qui-Gon took me as his apprentice, she said it would be interesting to read all about our adventures, when we became Knights.

I gave her a journal too.

My Birthday
    I?m thirteen Qui-Gon gave me a rock, when I hold it in the dark it glows, it always feels warm I believe it is force sensitive.
    It is the best present I ever got.

A month has gone by my Master helped me build a sabre. I chose a blue crystal.

My first mission
    I went on my first mission, I made lots of mistakes, I spoke when I should have remained silent and just listened.

Lots of meditation for that mistake.

My Master says you can learn more by listening than by speaking
    without thought.

I will remember that.

I won an award today for coming first in the study of Core planets.
    I think my Master was pleased.

A mission to Hoth.
    It was scary but I didn?t want my Master to see that I was scared.
    I think my shields hid my fear and anxiety.

I must work harder on my Shields.

A mission to Ragan 3
    The King?s son was nice to me he didn?t treat me as a nuisance, he showed me around.

He showed me their museum, it was very interesting, I told my master but he just said that?s nice Obi but can you find something to do I am busy right now.

The king?s son was nice I have a picture of him and me standing by the museum doors.

I got another award for excelling in first year Diplomacy and philosophy.
    Study is hard and very time consuming.

A year as an apprentice, it is hard, and sometime I feel lonely, but I want to be a Jedi Knight.

Bant says not to keep worrying that I will be a great Knight.
    But it will be a long time before I am ready, and what if I make another mistake.

My Birthday: I?m fourteen
    My Master gave me a page marker, he said it would help me remember the page that I should be studying.

Bant, and Garen gave me a picture of us together it?s the second best present I ever got.

The rock Qui-Gon gave me last year is still the best.

I mustn?t forget their birthday?s

My Place
    I found a place to

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.