1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events: Supanova: Brisbane (28th-30th November)

FF:SA A message from the CR

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Obi-Wan_Toddi, Jun 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi-Wan_Toddi Former SAFF CR

star 6
    Hi everyone.

It's been a while since the election, so I thought it was time to start to unroll what I would like for SAFF over the next 12 months.

The first thing I'm going to do is to appoint ozskipp as Second-In-Command. From the election thread, it was clear that our goals for SAFF were very similar, and I believe our combined efforts (along with everyone here) can help revitalise SAFF once more.

So the first thing that is being done is a complete review of the SAFF Code Of Conduct and SAFF Membership Rules. Once these have been reviewed, we'll be putting them up for SAFF to comment on.

Then, we'll see if we can increase our member base through some social and costume events. I intend to change the way SAFF has been run of recent times and I value all and any feedback from SAFF Members.

If anyone has any concerns or queries going forward, I'm only a PM away.

Now to get on with it!

Toddi

2. Darth_Meanders Force Ghost

star 5
  3. evil-incarnate Jedi Youngling

star 7
    The first thing will be to abolish that pesky Senate....

Put regional govenors in direct control over their territories...

[face_laugh]
  4. _Master-Skywalker_ Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    *lurks with GREAT interest*

oops wrong thread

*grabs a bag of popcorn*

[face_laugh]

5. dashleebo Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    You two are laughable. ;)

Toddi - good decision about Skipp.
  6. Sabre_11 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  7. _Master-Skywalker_ Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    [face_laugh]

I think you are:

;)

I am NOT looking for a fight here ! REALLY had enough of the BS & NOT looking for more, but thanks.

*goes back to watching with interest*

8. Quinten_JarVos Jedi Master

star 4
    Not meaning to be a fire starter here, but i think it was made very clear that the CR has no power and is not in charge of anything. Effectively making the CR just a fancy message runner that contacts those who have a limited amount of power.

Sorry if it seems to the point, but this fact was made brutally clear and i am simply re-enforcing it.
  9. Darth_Meanders Force Ghost

star 5
    The role of CR is one of leadership as is made clear here. Its not necessarily a question of 'power'.
  10. oz_skipp Jedi Master

star 4
    You are correct, exactly so, and good that you brought this up actually. As far as I'm concerned, 2IC is just a name, no thought was behind the name (you can't best believe I'm not going to want to be called this). I'm just the helpful #2 fancy message runner ;) Or, feel free to call me SAFF's little helper...hehe.

Nothing sinister, but when we've caught up or chatted online it was clear that we were both passionate about this thing, so whoever 'won' would have the help of the other for group related activities. No more, no less.

There's no 'power' or 'in charge' thing here...it's a message board + fan group (lifestyle choice perhaps, haha), not an occupation or a business here. All good :)
  11. Uilmuteiz RSA Emeritus

star 4
    Well I for one would like to congratulate Toddi on his nomination as CR and I hope you'll be able to drop by your Canadian Sister Fanforce from time to time (that's for you too Meanders ;) )
  12. Quinten_JarVos Jedi Master

star 4
    Ahhhh interesting. How come we've been told then that the CR position is purely acting as a center point for the fan force?? that's come from both yours, AD's and a few other people over the years.

mmmm
  13. Obi-Wan_Toddi Former SAFF CR

star 6
    I'd say it's time to move on. :)

Call it 2IC, call it Deputy CR or Santa's Little Helper if you wish. skipp and I think in very similar ways about SAFF, so with our combined strength we shall rule the galaxy as father an... err ... we'll be working together. ;)
  14. Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus

star 8
    For Fan Forces such as yours where there is no charter defining officers and therefore only under the elected leadership of the person appointed Chapter Rep, the CR is in charge of the group. They are the person who reports to us the administrators, yes, but it's also their duty to help move the group forward and act as the leading figure. Unless stated otherwise in a club charter, the chapter rep has the same powers and responsibilities as a club president.
  15. _Master-Skywalker_ Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    EDIT: Enough. We're talking about the future, not getting bogged down in the past yet again. Move on.
  16. _Master-Skywalker_ Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    you are WAY out of line ! We can talk about the past, present or future !
  17. DarthVercetti Jedi Master

star 4
    A thread about hte future turning to the past. SHOCK AWE.

I think its clear that the past is a touchy subject here, please just move on and stop bringing it up.

The election was very close, so its clear that both Toddi AND Skipp are largely supported. i couldnt think of anyone better to be 2IC.

Here's to the FUTURE.
  18. Jedi_Dajuan Admin: FanForce and Games

Administrator
    star 6
    Hello! I meant to pop in here late last week, but between my weekend class and some unrelated drama I haven't had a chance until now. Sorry!

I mainly wanted to make sure that people know that I am the one who pushed Toddi to look at the SAFF membership rules and CoC. I'd actually recommended this last year after that voting fiasco, but it wasn't done to my knowledge.

It sounds like Toddi and probably Skipp are going to go through the rules, make some recommendations on what should be changed, made more clear, tweeked, etc, and bring it to the group as a whole. This is a perfectly acceptable way to deal with changes like this. If you have suggestions on what you would like to see changed or what should stay, I would recommend PMing Toddi and let him know what you think. I'm sure he will welcome some polite group feedback :)
  19. Obi-Wan_Toddi Former SAFF CR

star 6
    Thanks JD! :)

Both skipp and myself are reviewing the CoC and membership rules for SAFF, so feel free to PM myself only with feedback. If you wish to wait until we have posted what is being recommended, that's cool too!
  20. Obi-Wan_Toddi Former SAFF CR

star 6
    Here are the amendments to the SAFF Code Of Conduct and Membership and Voting Regulations.

I recognise that these articles were created by previous CRs and thank them for their endeavours. These have been reviewed by skipp and myself at the behest of the Mods & Admins. Comments open until Friday, then they will be posted properly.

SAFF CODE OF CONDUCT **UPDATED**

Dress Standard:
    SAFF does not have a set dress standard. Dress is the individual?s choice as long as it falls within the confines of decency (defined as being without profane or vulgar features or statements and must be viewable by young children).

Accountability:
    As a member of SAFF, you are free to invite friends to events, but you are also accountable for their behaviour. Their bad behaviour will reflect badly on you.

Representing SAFF:
    SAFF is sometimes represented by members who wear character costumes from the Star Wars films. SAFF members also sometimes choose to wear clothing with SAFF logos on them. Costume wearers and those who wear clothing with SAFF logos on them carry the responsibility of portraying a professional and tasteful image while in public.
    For these reasons, all members are prohibited from using foul language or behaving in an inappropriate manner while in costume OR representing SAFF in public.

SAFF is dedicated to creating an environment of friendship, good will and trust. To this end, SAFF will not tolerate the practice of any form of harassment, threats or continued offensive behaviour on the SAFF boards, via PM or any other means, either electronic or in person.

Members who engage in such conduct will be subject to disciplinary action, which may include being banned from the SAFF forums and SAFF events.

This policy applies to all members and friends/relatives who attend events.

All members/friends/relatives attending events must read and agree with the Code of Conduct.

Anyone failing to do so will NOT be invited to attend SAFF functions. An attempt to become involved in a SAFF event when banned will result in that person firstly being asked to leave. If they refuse or fail to do so, then local authorities will be contacted.

SAFF MEMBERSHIP
    A SAFF Member is defined as:-
    ? A person whose place of residence is South Australia.

SAFF VOTING PROCEDURES
    Voting in SAFF Elections is open to all SAFF members:
    ? Who post on SAFF at least once per month (excluding SPAM threads)
    ? Who attend at least 3 SAFF events per year, after placing their name on a list for said events on SAFF.

All members are expected to read and post their acknowledgement of having read and understood the SAFF Code Of Conduct, Membership and Voting Procedures.
  21. DarthVercetti Jedi Master

star 4
    Looks good to me... all seems to be appropriate :)
  22. oz_skipp Jedi Master

star 4
  23. Tatooine_Ghost Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey, what about the satlite members?
  24. TYKEN_BLADE Jedi Master

star 4
  25. Quinten_JarVos Jedi Master

star 4
    I have a logistic issue to raise,

How are you going to check that a person posts every month
Thread Status: