main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:SA A message from the CR

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Obi-Wan_Toddi, Jun 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leektar

leektar Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2008
    I'm glad you were at the first PARSEC meeting, Skipp, at least I know that all my efforts in organising it paid off and you were able to enjoy it ...... behind everything great man with an idea or a vision is an even greater woman, who generally does all the organising, photocopying and making phone calls to get things off the ground.

2. leektar

leektar Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2008

My idea of reasonable is not a number set in stone - I believe that it should be attending the MAJORITY of events. If 8 events are organised over the course of 12 months, attending 4 - 5 of them shouldn't be too hard for anyone. Most events organised (non-costumed) aren't on a strict day - there is generally a list of dates, and the date where most people can attend is generally taken (eg New Years in August). Attending an event every 3 months shouldn't be a stretch for those that enjoy the friendships that have been made with this group. We all make the effort to catch up with other groups of friends more often than once every three months ....

Even those who don't own costumes (and I was one of those) are always welcome at the "costumed events". It should be remembered that whilst a fair few ?costumed? events were organised, there are always people required to wrangle & be the ?face? of SAFF.

People without costumes were never made to feel lesser than those with, they are actually WANTED there to help those "dressed up".

[face_dancing]

3. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    ...was there serious talk of this being a breach of the equal opportunity act?

Ask your lawyer friend about this:

I don't see anything on there about post counts.

Anyway under this structure I wouldn't be able to vote, because I attend only a couple of events a year. But I don't care that I don't vote because I only attend a couple of events a year.

4. Obi-Wan_Toddi

Obi-Wan_Toddi Former SAFF CR star 6

Feb 7, 2005
    Sorry, but I'm honestly not aware as to why you can't attend RL events anymore. If you'd rather PM me about it instead of posting here, feel free. :)

A check of my post history shows otherwise ... :)

Marcus, thanks for the additional info regarding the EO Act! Hopefully there are a range of activities that everyone can get to over the year.

5. Obi-Wan_Toddi

Obi-Wan_Toddi Former SAFF CR star 6

Feb 7, 2005
    So, discussion has ended. Thanks to everyone who lent their views.

The new thread is now up, pinned, so please read and sign!

6. TYKEN_BLADE

TYKEN_BLADE Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2004
    Should we lock the thread now?

7. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    This one or that one? Wont lock that one, so newbies can sign it, and wont lock this one so people will read it and know to sign the other. If I lock it, it will slip off the page. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.