main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A Message From the Mod Squad || March 3, 2004

Discussion in 'Communications' started by jedi-mind-trick, Mar 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi-mind-trick

jedi-mind-trick VIP star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 6, 2001
    <table cellpadding="5" cellspacing="5" align="center" span style="border-right: black 3 px solid; border-top: black 3px solid; font-weight: normal; border-left: black 3px solid; color: black; border-right: black 3px solid; color: black;border-bottom: black 3px solid;" width="530"><tr><td align="center" valign="top" width="520" bgcolor="#ffffff"><table cellpadding="3" cellspacing="3" align="center" border="0"><tr><td align="center" valign="middle" bgcolor="yellow" colspan=2><font face="arial" color="#000000" size="4">A Message From the Mod Squad || March 3, 2004</font></td></tr><tr><td align="left" valign="middle" bgcolor="#ffffff" colspan=2><font face="arial" color="#000000" size="2">As many of you know, it has been a difficult week for the administration of the Jedi Council Forums. Due to conflict and misunderstandings with the board owners, several members of the JC & Fan Force administrations have either resigned or been demoted. The following is a list of those mods, managers and administrators that are no longer a part of the Mod Squad and/or the Old Folks Home:</td></tr><tr><td align="left" valign="top" bgcolor="#ffffff"><font face="arial" color="#000000" size="2"><blockquote><b><u>Jedi Council</u></b><li>stinrab</li> <li>Mr.Neck or Yarael Poof </li><li>Protege-of-Thrawn </li><li>Rogue1-and-a-half </li><li>Jeff 42 </li><li>Obi-Dawn Kenobi </li><li>jp-30 </li><li>Morgaine </li><li>Katya_Jade </li><li>MaidenLumpé </li><li>RedSeven</li><li>KnightWriter </li><li>Dark Lady Mara*</li></blockquote></td><td align="left" valign="top" bgcolor="#ffffff"><font face="arial" color="#000000" size="2"><blockquote><b><u>Fan Force</u></b><li>sideshow212 </li><li>VoidDancer </li><li>HawkNC </li><li>Sebulba-X </li><li>Krash </li></blockquote></td></tr><tr><td align="center" colspan="2"><font face="arial" size="1">*effective next week</font></td></tr><tr><td align="left" valign="middle" bgcolor="#ffffff" colspan=2><font face="arial" color="#000000" size="2">Obviously this chain of events has left gaps in coverage all over the JC. The remaining mods are working toward long-term coverage solutions, however, in the interim, the follows mods shall be adding the listed forums to their watches:</td></tr><tr><td align="left" valign="top" bgcolor="#ffffff" colspan=2><font face="arial" color="#000000" size="2"><blockquote><li><b>Communications Administrator</b> - Kimball_Kinnison</li><li><b>Amphitheater</b> - dehrian</li> <li><b>Welcome New Users</b> - Amidala_Skywalker & Kit' </li><li><b>Star Wars Community</b> - strilo & Darth-Styphe </li><li><b>Costuming and Props</b> - DarthJurist & strawbary </li><li><b>Games</b> - Errant_Venture & The2ndQuest </li><li><b>Fan Art </b>- Errant_Venture & Amidala_Skywalker </li><li><b>Role Playing Forum</b> - Genghis12</li><li><b>Senate</b> - Vaderize03 <font color="red"> <---Newly Promoted!</font></li><li><b>JCC</b> - nashira<font color="red"> <---Newly Promoted!</font></li><li><b>JCC</b> - Maulfly<font color="red"> <---Newly Promoted!</font></li><font face="arial" color="#000000" size="2"><li><b>"Roving"/"By Request" Coverage</b> - dp4m</li></blockquote></td></tr><tr><td align="left" valign="middle" bgcolor="#ffffff" colspan=2><font face="arial" color="#000000" size="2">Look for more announcements as things develop and we get things sorted out. For now we would like to sincerely thank all of the departed mods - our friends - for the time, sweat, and effort each of you have put into this forum. It has been a pleasure working, fighting and laughing with you. You will be missed. We would also like to thank all of the users for the overwhelming show of support this past week. Yes, we noticed. And yes, it meant a lot. Thank you.</td></tr><tr><td align="center" valign="middle" bgcolor="#ffffff" colspan=2><font face="arial" color="#000000" size="2"><blockquote><i>To absent friends, lost loves, old gods, and the season of mists, and may each and every one of us give the devil his due.</i><br>-Neil Gaiman, Season of Mists </blockquote></td></tr><tr><td bgcolor="yellow" colspan="2"><br></td></tr></table><

2. Darth-Floyd

Darth-Floyd Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 5, 2003
    Thank you, J-M-T, for a nice short update :)

3. Kimball_Kinnison

Kimball_Kinnison Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 28, 2001
    It should also be noted that Vaderize03 was promoted to be the new Senate moderator.

Kimball Kinnison

4. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    Is it over? Should posters be re-attaching their icons/fixing our sigs/moving towards healing/whathaveyou? :confused:

5. LukeSkiewalker

LukeSkiewalker Jedi Master star 4

Apr 4, 2003
    That is your choice. "You must do what you feel is best of course."

6. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
    Thanks for the update, JMT. :)

7. Iwishiwasajedi

Iwishiwasajedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    Thank you for the update. This has been a very emotional week, but we must move on. Yes, users need to start replacing icons and sigs. The event is over, and there is nothing that can be done now to change the actions of this week and the past.

8. jedi-mind-trick

Jul 6, 2001
    Thanks Kimball - updated. :D

9. mirax80

mirax80 Retired Midwest RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    Thank you Kimball for the update.

10. Holocron_Collector

Holocron_Collector Moderator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 22, 2001
    It's good to hear that we are moving on. Things are already reverting back to their normal craziness.

HC

11. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Thanks guys, both past and present. [face_love]

12. Stridarious

Stridarious Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 27, 2002
    [face_shocked] I did not realize that because of the recent incidents surrounding the boards over the past few days that that many Moderators, Managers, & Administrators for both sides had stepped down or been demoted. That truely sadened me to see... :_|

Thanks J-M-T for that update! :D

13. Darth-Dispicable

Darth-Dispicable Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 4, 2003
    Very sad this week has been. :(

I thought your update was very nice and sensative to those concerned. Nice poem as well. :)

14. sidious618

sidious618 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 20, 2003
    Thanks for the update.

Sad, though.

15. jedi-mind-trick

Jul 6, 2001
    I did not realize that because of the recent incidents surrounding the boards over the past few days that that many Moderators, Managers, & Administrators for both sides had stepped down or been demoted. That truely sadened me to see...

If I didn't know better, I would say that I detect a hint of sarcasm in your post, Strid. ;)

Honestly guys, I am not trying to insult your intellegence by restating the obvious. My whole point was just to list who is gone and how we are covering until we get replacements. We haven't really talked about much else in the MS expect 'you know what' so there wasn't much else to say. Forgive the redudancy. [face_blush]

But thanks for the kind words everyone. Isn't it just be my luck to have signed up to do the MS update this week? :eek:

16. Liz Skywalker

Liz Skywalker Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 13, 2000
    :(

Isn't it just be my luck to have signed up to do the MS update this week?

Could be worse. They could have sounded the fire alarm while you were in the shower.

17. farraday

farraday Jedi Knight star 7

Jan 27, 2000
    Well you certainly didn't have much of import to report.

I'm disappointed that more mods haven't stepped down thus requiring my upcoming coop to be bloody and painful rather then bloodless and painful.

I would also ask if members have been saying no to the offer to become mods in light of new circumstances.

18. Katya Jade

Katya Jade Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2002
    I miss html! :_|

19. FateNaberrie

FateNaberrie Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 31, 2000
    Thanks for this. I appreciate it.

20. jedi-mind-trick

Jul 6, 2001
    Could be worse. They could have sounded the fire alarm while you were in the shower.

They did that last week. :(

21. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa

Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 23, 2002
    Thank you for the update, Elizabeth. So, who is the head admin of the forums now?

22. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Philip Wise, obviously.

;)

23. LoyalJedi

LoyalJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 22, 2002
    Oh man...we're in serious trouble now. How can the head admin administer if he's never here?

24. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    The owners are always the head admin and what they say go. The JC head admin is just someone filling in for them, but if an owner wishes to terminate the head admin position then it will be done.

25. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa

Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 23, 2002
    Okay, i take it he is now managing his two sites along with the forums instead of appointing a head Admin for the forums?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.