A Message From the Mod Squad || March 3, 2004

Discussion in 'Communications' started by jedi-mind-trick, Mar 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: JoinTheSchwarz, LAJ_FETT, Ramza
  1. JediMaster22 Jedi Grand Master

star 8
    I don't think this matter is over!

However, I know one thing, I will not fight this alone.

If the General attitude is "let it go", "nothing we can do about it"... then so be it.
  2. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling

star 6
    JediMaster22, this is unfortunate that it happened, but there is no sense in trying to rant about it any longer. Wise clearly has no interest in the common success of his forums, and i know it may be hard, but you will see there is nothing more you can do than accept it.
  3. JediMaster22 Jedi Grand Master

star 8
    One of my favorite shows, is the X-files.

And it had a movie, and the ending sends a strong message..

Strughold retorts, 'He is but one man. One man alone can not fight the future.'. The Cigarette Smoking Man hands a telegram to Strughold, it reads; "X-FILES RE-OPENED. STOP. PLEASE ADVISE. STOP."
  4. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling

star 6
    This is the internet, not real life. Unless you are willing to assassinate Wise, then you will just have to accept it.
  5. Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Incorrect. The boards are currently being managed by the MS, with GS and Raven at the helm. Though I imagine that KK is at it as well now. What I'm saying is that if Wise or Griffin wanted to do anything on the boards they can do it even without the head admin's approval, let alone the MS.
  6. JediMaster22 Jedi Grand Master

star 8
    Please becareful what you say, no one ever said they going to assasinate Mr. wise. [face_plain]

Even Mulder didn't have to assasinate CSM to fight the future... hell he let him live as long as that bastard could.

All I am saying is "I will fight this, but NOT alone." Two days ago, majority people of people seem to say "Mr. wise, your policy sucks", and I agreed with that sentiment.

However last couple of days, my impression is YOU GUYS ARE GIVING UP!
  7. Darth Dark Helmet Manager Emeritus

star 6
    No, its simply life returning to normal.

Things run their course. In a couple of months, this will be remembered only a history. In a year, it will barely be remembered at all. In the end, its just the internet. And yes, people have friends here, but nothing serious is being done to anyone. No one is being actually hurt. There's nothing here worth having a major, long term, stink about.
  8. JediMaster22 Jedi Grand Master

star 8
    I hope so, but I have a bad feeling about the future.
  9. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling

star 10
    I feel so bad for the Mods who were forced into early retirement. It's just not right.
  10. Stridarious Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Some were not forced to be demoted, some chose that. Mainly because they disagreed with what Phil had asked them to do :( .
  11. Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council

star 7
    Not all "chose" it. Unless a person home is their own, it's entirely possible that whoever does won't allow their address to be given out over the net.

But the fact of is, for better or for worse, the owners do get the final say on what goes on here, no matter how many disagree with them.
  12. jedi-mind-trick VIP

star 5
    I would also ask if members have been saying no to the offer to become mods in light of new circumstances.

Sorry farr, I didn't see your question at first.

The answer is that, so far, we have only asked one, Vaderize03 (senate), and he said yes.
  13. AssassinDroid21 Jedi Master

star 4
    I read in Connemara's livejournal otherwise. :\

Note: I have no idea why I was reading Connemara's livejournal.
  14. farraday Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    I'd like to state my deep personal respect for any user willing to say no during these times and never bring it up. That's real leadership.

Anyways.
  15. Padawan915 Force Ghost

star 6
    Thank you for the hard work from all of the former mods. :)

And very nice update j-m-t

16. droideka27 Manager Emeritus

star 7
    Note: I have no idea why I was reading Connemara's livejournal.

I think it's because you're madly inlove with her like all the rest of her fanboys [face_love]

(don't kill me! I love you!!)
  17. AssassinDroid21 Jedi Master

star 4
    Actually, I think it's time I revealed to the mods that droideka has been hacking the MS and sending me threads, including the one about Connemara getting asked for modship. I apologize on her behalf.
  18. Mitt Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    But you know if you actually talk to Connemara you'd find out that some jerk, who I won't name, told her she was being considered. She told him that she didn't have any interest or something to that effect.

I'm sorry some admins are no longer helping us out and I glad it wasn't the end of the JC. But I worry about less admins in places like Community and other forums, it only takes one troll to really cause trouble.
  19. JediMaster22 Jedi Grand Master

star 8
    Actually, and I said this before -

"Is it me, or the Trolls hasn't attacked much since this happened?

Yeah, a few trolls here & there, but NOT A lot."

Maybe I missed them, but I don't think so.
  20. droideka27 Manager Emeritus

star 7
    Actually, I think it's time I revealed to the mods that droideka has been hacking the MS and sending me threads, including the one about Connemara getting asked for modship. I apologize on her behalf.

:p you're such a brat

But! It's okay. You're the one following Conne's life, not me :p
  21. Lord Bane Manager Emeritus

star 5
    "The JC head admin is just someone filling in for them, but if an owner wishes to terminate the head admin position then it will be done."

To me, the head JC admin is simply that - the head JC admin. Now, there wasn't one of those for a while, but in an attempt to centralize things the position was created. Anyway, the position was placed side-by-side with Site Owners and Staff, but I see that no longer is it one more among equals, but a subserviant position. No longer can a head admin of the JC really do anything without the proverbial Sword of Damocles hanging over his head, as wielded by Wise.

Head admins are supposed to be more than throw away positions.
  22. -_-_-_-_-_- Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I think we should observe two minutes of post silence in the upcoming week in memory of the ones we have lost in this destructive conflict.

In all seriousness though, thank you very much for all of those who served us as mods, admins, and managers.
  23. DarthAttorney Manager Emeritus

star 6
    "But you know if you actually talk to Connemara you'd find out that some jerk, who I won't name, told her she was being considered."

Don't be afraid to name names, Mitt.

Everyone here loves a little d-rama.
    That's why we're here ;)
  24. FuzzyRatt Jedi Knight

star 3
    Nice Update j-m-t.

I know the MS will handle things well.
  25. Lord Bane Manager Emeritus

star 5
Moderators: JoinTheSchwarz, LAJ_FETT, Ramza
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.