main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Index A Miscellany of Characters: The Crossover Database/New Challenge (6/21); Now Disc. Star Trek X-overs

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by CrossoverIndex, Oct 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Independence1776

Independence1776 Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 3, 2006
    Not to mention, there's such a thing as righteous anger- which is a very useful concept because things get done. If people don't feel strongly about it (and angry in some cases), they won't do it. This is just one of my issues with the Jedi having all anger=Dark Side. One of my favorite book's climax depends on the MC getting angry enough to save someone that no one else could have- and yet it isn't bad or dark. It just is.

As for the current discussion:

I don't write crossovers. I find trying to keep everything in character and believable to be too much work when I have other stories to focus on. AUs are hard enough!

2. Earthknight

Earthknight Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 3, 2002
    To me that's better. Let the Force be the Force. And Magic be Magic.

3. DarthEL

DarthEL Jedi Youngling

Dec 23, 2007
    1. Who are you? Introduce yourself!
    -I am Darth El, but you can call me Bill

2. Why did you click on this thread?
    -Because I love Star Wars and Harry Potter crossover, and was looking for a few.

3. Do you like crossovers, do you hate them, or do you find them "bleh" and have no real opinion about them?!
    -I like them, if I'm good with the universes of both, but if I'm not I'm lost so stay
    away from them

4. If you could write a crossover, what would it be? What fandom(s) would you choose and what Star Wars era would it be set in? And, just for kicks, what would you title it? -I would personally crossover Harry Potter and Star Wars, as I feel they blend into each other the most. I would either have it be in the Prequel era, or somewhere between post-thrawn and NJO and continuing after. I think a Harry and Jaina pairing would be an interesting read.

5. What's your favourite crossover you've read?
    -I really loved Harry Potter and the Attack of the Clones by merkwidgebee, it used to
    be Lord Merril, but his name changed.

4. Drabbi-Wan_Kenobi

Drabbi-Wan_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 7, 2005
    I did have an idea this weekend for a You Don't Know Jack/Yo Gabba Gabba! crossover, but the subject matter's a bit too much like the punchline to that Wacky Races drabble I did in the last set, darn it.

EDIT: Sadly, my attempts to cross Captain Underpants over into the SW universe ran into an irreconcilable obstacle. :(

5. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    Hardest: blending plot lines

Easiest: character interaction.

6. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    I don't think having the Force be a kind of magic is the easy way out, but would actually seem logical to me, in some cases. As it's been said, the Force is an ocean. And the way of the Jedi is but one current in it.

Besides, tell me it wouldn't be cool to have Neville pull out a lightsaber instead of Godtic's Sword and use that to kill the snake! :eek::cool:[face_laugh]

7. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    Hey guys, nice to se that the discussion is still somewhat alive. :p

I'm working on getting the Index completely up-to-date (it hasn't been updated in a while). If you have any new crossovers or see any new crossovers, remember to send the required info to the sock. It helps make my indexing life a lot easier! ;) :D

8. Jedi-Ant

Jedi-Ant Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2007
    1. Who are you? Introduce yourself! - Jedi-Ant! A few of you may have seen me floating around the Beyond board from time to time? ;)

2. Why did you click on this thread? - Because Idri's the lovely hostess! :* And also because I'm currently reading a number of good crossover 'fics...

3. Do you like crossovers, do you hate them, or do you find them "bleh" and have no real opinion about them?! - If I like the universe they're crossed with, I love them. [face_love] They're always going to be heaps of fun, because it's the combinations of two awesome fandoms. But if I don't really know one of the fandoms, I tend to steer clear of them. [face_blush]

4. If you could write a crossover, what would it be? What fandom(s) would you choose and what Star Wars era would it be set in? And, just for kicks, what would you title it? - Well, I'm kinda writing one now. [face_blush] :p So I'd choose Twilight, and set it in the pre-LOTF Era SW, with a living, breathing Anakin Solo. ;) [face_mischief]

5. What's your favourite crossover you've read? - Well, I'm not sure if it's really a crossover in the usual sense... but Idrelle's fantasty epic, Taerlyndan, really sucked me in from the beginning! [face_love] And Earthknight's Kingdom Hearts crossover is very well done, too, managing to stick in the same spirit as the game, whilst incorporating Star Wars. :D

9. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    Hi, Ant! [:D] Welcome to the craziness that is crossovers. :p

Jon, seeing Neville with a lightsaber would be quite something, wouldn't it? [face_laugh] I can just picture it!

We've had the current discussion for quite some time. Anyone is free to suggest another one, because I can't think of any right now. :p

[face_batting]

10. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Here's one, if it's all right.

Star Trek, almost the 'bane' of good crossovers with Star Wars. Well, jettisoning the rather pedantic and cliched-up-the-wazoo versus aspect of it, how would you do it? Which eras of Star Trek, and which era of Star Wars?

11. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    I think the most interesting thing I'd like to see done is a x-over pairing, like ArcherXDanni Quee

12. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    Well, that would depend. If I wanted something funny, I'd have Q bother the Jedi Council, Mace especially.[face_mischief] [face_laugh]

For something serious, I think Spock and Luke should meet.:D
    Since I am totally lost wherever plot is concerned, I'd have no idea what to let happen, though.

13. JediXManSerenaKenobi

JediXManSerenaKenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 27, 2007
    [face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]

THAT would be hilarious. I'd love to see someone write that.

14. Darth_Leia_6669

Darth_Leia_6669 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2003
    Oops, thought I put this up a while ago, but I must have forgot [face_blush]

Darth_Leia_6669

I am writing a crossover and wanted to see if anyone else had done anything similar. And I was looking for some to read in the other fandoms I enjoy.

3. Do you like crossovers, do you hate them, or do you find them "bleh" and have no real opinion about them?

I?ve read quite a few and found them enjoyable. It just seems that many of the crossovers deal with fandoms that I?m not overly familiar with.

4. If you could write a crossover, what would it be? What fandom(s) would you choose and what Star Wars era would it be set in? And, just for kicks, what would you title it?

I am currently writing one called Shards of the Heart: When Worlds Collide. It is set on an original planet that is heavily influenced by the Dragon Riders of Pern (including the dragons, which I have renamed ryuu), and is populated by many of the characters from Ruroni Kenshin, though I have used artistic license with ages and relationships, leaving the personalities as they are in the manga and anime. It also includes original characters and elements from other fandoms, though I don?t want to say yet what those elements or shows are. It is set two years before AOTC and also features Obi-Wan and Anakin.

5. What's your favorite crossover you've read?

I just finished reading ?Harry Potter and the Dark Lord of the Sith? by ProphetofSullest. It was one of the best crosses of HP and SW that I have read. I also enjoyed "Mission to Pern" by p_stotts very much.

Awesome index and thread. It has helped me find quite a few interesting stories. Great job!

--later--
    6669 [face_devil]

15. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Wow, I never posted over here:

I'm Miana Kenobi, but call me Rachel (or Ishmael, whichever you prefer).

Guilt for not updating my own crossover recently.

3. Do you like crossovers, do you hate them, or do you find them "bleh" and have no real opinion about them?
    I enjoy them for the most part, as long as their not of the "So Brittany lands in Merkwood and meats Legolas and they get maried!" sort.

4. If you could write a crossover, what would it be? What fandom(s) would you choose and what Star Wars era would it be set in? And, just for kicks, what would you title it?

Wall-E and Original Trilogy. R2 and Wall-E together would be awesome. What would I title it? "Scrap Metal."

5. What's your favourite crossover you've read?
    Mr. P & JediGaladriel's original SW/LotR crossover. It was so well written, thought out, executed, etc. I think what I loved most was how true it was to both series, and how in retrospect it's so different. It was written before the LotR movies and before AotC came out, so it's like a nice look back at what we thought of characters back then.

16. CrossoverIndex

CrossoverIndex Jedi Youngling

Oct 21, 2007
    The Index has been updated in both Saga and Beyond sections. A reminder that only the stories that have their info PMed to this sock will be indexed. :)

[color=hotpink][b]Challenge Three[/b]

[i]?Star-Crossed Lovers?[/i][/color]

There are some crossovers that involve romantic relationships between characters from different universes. Since we haven?t had a challenge in a while (I admit, the last one was a bit too difficult [face_blush] Whoops, my bad), I thought we?d start another one that could we could have a lot of fun with.

The Challenge:

1. Take [b]one[/b] character from the Star Wars universe (any era, any character) and write a scene that develops a romantic relationship between that character and a character from a different universe.
    2. It can be any length.
    3. Bonus points if you add in humour, angst or another genre ? or several others!

When you post your entries, remember to put ?Third Crossover Challenge? in the header and post a link to it here in this thread!

Have fun! [face_cool] [face_peace]

~Idri

[hr]

And don?t mind my attempts at very cheesy puns in the titles. :p ;)

17. JediXManSerenaKenobi

JediXManSerenaKenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 27, 2007
    OOH! This is my kinda challenge - but quick question - I started a long, long time ago a fic that would be perfect for this challenge - but I only posted the first chapter. Would it be all right to use that or do I have to start a new fic?

- Serena

18. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    Serena, if it's really old, I think that's okay. ;) Still, it'd be preferable to see something completely new. :D

19. Jedi-Ant

Jedi-Ant Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2007
    Cool new challenge, Idri! :D I may have to try and make my brain think of something. [face_thinking] ;)

20. Juliet316

Juliet316 37X Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    Star Trek crossovers are probably the most prolific, and for some, a easy go - to way to cross SW with something. Trek has dealt with Time Travel, and Alternate universes so it's probably not out of the realm of possiblity for somebody to create something that would bring characters from Trek into the GFFA. It can also be the most annoying as a lot of crossovers tend to go to the standard cliche of Ship Vs Ship blow up fest. The proliferation of those type of stories over the years have turned a lot of people off crossovers and ST/SW crossovers in particular.

That being said, there are good ST/SW crossovers out there, notably Jon's ST/SW fanfics. the type I like to read is what I'm reading on both Saga and Beyond right now. Crossovers where the Borg come and force the characters from both galaxies to come together to stop them. What I would love is to read a Borg comes to the GFFA fic where First Contact has just occured and is stil fresh in everybody's minds.

Of course I would also love to see Lazy's idea of McCoy with the Force and being slowly corrupted by simply wanting to end the CLone Wars.:)

21. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    So, has anybody read the 'Dargon and-' series by Zahn? I just thought what amazing possibilities thre were in having some K'da warrior poets in the GFFA, mabye hosted on Mandos or Jedi. :D

Ooooor, with the Chiss, and the danger from far out coud be the Valahgua who're after the K'da... [face_thinking]

22. THE EVIL CLIFFIE

THE EVIL CLIFFIE Jedi Master star 2

Jul 11, 2008
    I am the cliffhanger embodied! I think...

Because I think crossovers have a lot of potential, and I get a lot of Ideas for them.

I think that when a crossover is done well, it can be very good, but I like them to have a plausible reason, and for some villian from the other fandom come in. Or for the characters from the other fandom have some connection with the SW events.(or the other way around, of course...) I don't like Crossovers that are written soley to have the author's favorite Characters together. I try to work with characters I don't like from the other fandom.

I'm working on a star wars/Doctor who Crossover, It's set in the middle of the yuuzhan vong war (which the Daleks may have a hand in instigating) And it's called The Legacy of Gallifrey.

5. What's your favorite crossover you've read?
    I haven't read any other crossovers, really...

BTW, would anyone be interested in a Warhammer40,000 crossover, it'd be called the Wrath of Gods.

23. Diamond_Revelation

Diamond_Revelation Jedi Master star 3

Feb 25, 2003
    Hello Everyone

Just thought I would drop in and check out some of the new stories. I would like to say a public thanks to Idrelle for doing so much work on this index as I just haven't had the time to give it the attention it should have!! =D=

24. CrossoverIndex

CrossoverIndex Jedi Youngling

Oct 21, 2007
    As most of you are probably aware, there is a new list of Disallowed Works. This list is of authors and publishers who have disallowed fan fiction to be written about their works. If any fiction is written, it will be removed.

Those of you who have stories in progress that are crossed with a Disallowed Work (i.e. Sailor Moon), I think you will most likely be allowed to finish it, but you might want to contact the Mods.

25. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    Here is my response to the third crossover challenge: By the Pale Moons' Light, featuring the illustrious Count Dooku and, new to the GFFA, Transfiguration Master Extroadinarre, Minerva McGonagall.

*Bows theatrically*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.