main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A missing scene from AOTC "Luminious Beings" One Post

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by ZaraValinor, Oct 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZaraValinor

ZaraValinor Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 31, 2002
    Obi-Wan Kenobi swipped his forhead, freeing it of the sweat that seemed to roll of him in bucketsful. The slash to his arm and the stab to his leg that Count Dooku had delievered to him so efficiently and so ruthlessly, burned with fire as some of that very sweat poured into the still healing wounds through the synthi-flesh, but he continued to throw his lightsaber against the three training droids he had activated. As he tired further, he signaled to a fourth and fifth droid to join the others. His muscles screamed for him to stop and cool down, and seized in unrequitted protest. Obi-Wan pushed this out of his mind. He had already got an earful from the Healers when he had walked out of bed to check on Anakin. He knew that the boy was heavily sedated so that the surgery to graft the mechanical arm would not traumatize him any further. He had to let Anakin knew that he could still be a Jedi, that he could still be Anakin, but the medics had pratically chased him out of his Padawan's medical suite.

His talk with Anakin had resulted in a few words spoken as the boy hastened to return Senator Amidala to Naboo. There Anakin was to coordinate with Captains Typho and Panaka to better Padme's security. For it seemed unlikely that with war brewing that the Jedi could provide further protection for her. Not that the Senator would be any easy target, Obi-Wan had observed that she was as fierce a fighter as she was a politician.

"Safe journey Padawan. When you return we will both work on healing and constructing our new lightsabers," Obi-Wan had told Anakin, resting a hand on his Padawan's shoulder.

The look in Anakin's eyes was almost unreadable, another testament how the ordeal had driven he and his Padawan apart. "I would enjoy that, Master," the boy said carefully.

At the time Obi-Wan had put it away to Anakin's discomfort with his arm. He had caught his protege's surreptious glances at the gleaming gold appendage and saw something cold come into Anakin's features. At those times, Obi-Wan tried to send reassurance to Anakin through their Force-bond. Most of the time it worked and Anakin looked up at him with shy appreciation at others Obi-Wan might as well have been sending reassurance to a durasteel wall.

Obi-Wan's limbs now trembled with fatigue and frustation, he continued his defense againt them.

He wanted to tell himself that his failure to defeat Dooku had come from his torture at the former Jedi's hand, the long captivity, and the battle that had insued on Geonosis, but he would fix that now. He would never be so weak again, he would not let another one he loved be put into such great peril. It never crossed his mind that it had been Anakin who had left him alone to fight the once great Jedi Master. All he saw was that due to his weakness Anakin had been left alone. And had lost his arm. It was a thought that a parent would have. Obi-Wan was a Jedi Knight, it was his duty to guide Anakin to Knighthood to mold him into a light for the Jedi. Nevermind the prophecy that he was to bring balance. He had failed Anakin in not being better. Thus the suicide training session. He had vowed to increase his stamina and vitality, never to be so worn or tired again.

But Obi-Wan forgot one thing. He was only human and as his fourth hour against the training droids came to a head his weariness betrayed him. A lance of stinging power shot out at him and clipped him in his not quite healed bicep. He cried out at the sudden pain that added to the agony his sweat already caused the injury. His defense however did not let up, the training blade he had taken from the initiate room still vibrated in his hands blocking more of the blasts sent his way.

When abruptly the training probes haulted in mid-air, paused in their duty. Obi-Wan starred at them in utter confusion. Then he received a smack to the back of his knees that was so hard that he fell to the ground.

The training probes floated away to the corner and rested into their shelving.

"Pay too much attention to wh

2. Dally

Dally Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    Interesting story! I like the "Obi-Wan as parent" references, and his sadness that Qui-Gon had not spoken to him.

3. Lady_Moonbeam

Lady_Moonbeam Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 4, 2002
    A very wonderful story. I particularly enjoyed the foreshadowing. If Obi-Wan was going to learn how Qui-Gon could overcome death, then he would learn how to do it himself, hence... Jedi ghosties.

It's very much in Obi-Wan's character to believe that the fault lay with him, and to nearly kill himself trying to prevent it--and characteristic of Yoda to try to stop him.

As Dally said, Obi-Wan's evident sorrow that Qui-Gon hadn't visited him was apparent.

Excellent show!

4. Master_Comedy_Kitty

Master_Comedy_Kitty Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2002
    Ooh. I like it. There should be more to this. Because I said so... :p

5. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
  6. Indigo_Jade

Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2002
    VERY good story... I really liked it!!!!

Indy

7. OBI_JEDI

OBI_JEDI Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 15, 2001
    woah. That was great. I love it.

8. Sabe126

Sabe126 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    This is brilliant! :) Please say that you will write more!

Sabe126

9. Leah-Beth

Leah-Beth Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    This was a very poignant story. I loved how you got in Obi-Wan's head to well. I especially loved how he was pushing himself so hard to spare Anakin any further pain. Very realistic. Wonderful job!

10. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
  11. sheleigh

sheleigh Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 31, 2002
    Uhm... wow... what to say...

That was postively amazing, Zara!

Poor Obi-Wan... glad that Yoda was there to set him straight! Hmm.. wonder if Qui-Gon ever spoke to him... :)

12. Jazz_Skywalker

Jazz_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2002
  13. I love Sci Fi

I love Sci Fi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2000
    AWWW!!! That was sweet! Loved it!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.