main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends A Modest Proposal--Kyp/Jaina vignette for Dantanaskywalker's b-day--Vignette 4

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by DarthIshtar, Jul 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    The first thing Jaina was aware of was how much it hurt to breathe. She could probably chalk that up to the fact that the last thing she remembered was hitting a duracrete wall at what felt like the speed of light.

Didn't mean she had to like it, though.

There was pain in her legs as well, but not as bad. The main complaint besides the ribs seemed to be in her shoulders and neck. Her hands felt nice, though, she thought groggily. Someone was holding the right one and his hands were very nice.

She blinked once, then again, letting the room come into focus.

Ah. That's why her hand felt so good.

"'Lo," she murmured. "Look like a nightmare."

Kyp lifted his head, grinning a little sleepily. "Glad you're alive to think so," he retorted.

She tried to smile, but it was hard to use that much energy. "That bad, huh?" she mused.

"Bad enough," he countered, voice suddenly hoarse.

She must have scared him. Then again, she'd been a bit scared herself.

"Sorry," she said sincerely.

"You're still here," he reminded her. "No apology really necessary."

He wasn't chewing her out for taking risks or telling her she shouldn't have made a stupid mistake. He wasn't being his usual overprotective self. Either he was going soft or she'd come close enough to dying that he was walking on eggshells around her.

"C'mon, Durron," she sighed. "Tell me what you really think."

He gave her the grin that she hadn't managed.

"I think you're crazy as usual," he accused.

"Runs in the family," she muttered. "What does that make you??

?A perfect match,? he teased, lifting her hand to kiss it.

She rolled her eyes in amusement. ?I?m too doped up to feel romantic, Durron, so knock it off.?

His grin broadened. ?I guess that means that if I proposed a few things to you, you wouldn?t give me a favorable response??

He?d been hinting at the issue of marriage for three weeks, so this was an unsurprising, but she nodded wearily. ?If you proposed anything right now, I?d fall asleep before you finished your sentence,? she lamented.

?I wouldn?t mind,? he laughed. ?You?ve done nothing but sleep for about four days now, so I?m used to it.?

?Besides,? she continued as if she hadn?t heard him, ?my family only seems to get engaged when there?s impending doom or catastrophic events. I want to break the mold.?
    ?All right, then,? he said, grin shrinking into an earnest expression that was unconvincingly sincere. ?How about I propose this??

She arched an eyebrow and gestured for him to continue.

?As soon as you?re fully recovered,? he promised, ?I will figure out a way to be romantic that doesn?t involve any natural disasters, superweapons, evil incarnate or Yuuzhan Vong. I?ll do it right and I?ll try to give you a reason to say yes.?

It was as good a promise as any, even if the universe tended to take exception to those kinds of vows.

?It?s a date,? she agreed.

2. magehound

magehound Jedi Master star 4

Jun 4, 2006
    that was actually very well written, darthishtar. I actually forgot to care about why Jaina was recovering in the first place. you wrote Jaina very well. kudos for that.
    -
    *blames Sparky and frankieskywalker for what he is about to say.*
    they were actually pretty cute together. i don't ship k/j, but this one was very cool.
    *hands you a wookie cookie.

3. Alishu06

Alishu06 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2005
    That was really sweet. Go KYP!!!!

4. Flowerlady

Flowerlady Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    Wonderful as usual...Loved it...[:D]

Hope he gets that chance to actually do it..

FL @};-

5. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    magehound--Thanks, hound. :) That was pretty much the point. I'm glad you liked Jaina. I ship just about everything at one time or another, not because I'm indecisive, but because I give a fair chance to everythign.

Alishu06--Yes, go Kyp! :) Thanks!

Flowerlady--Thanks, FL. :) Oh, he will...

6. Mirax_Corran

Mirax_Corran Jedi Master star 4

Jan 25, 2005
    Ish, you know that you're the only person whose K/J I'll read. :)

That was really sweet. [face_love] *feels all warm and fuzzy inside*

7. Arwen_Djo

Arwen_Djo Jedi Master star 3

Jul 3, 2006
    I ship Jaina and NOBODY (sue me) but I don't mind a couple of fluffy fics. I also forgot what happened to her as she and Kyp talked.

So maybe he didn't get a marrage perposal but it's close... :D

8. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    I liked that, Ish. :) Both were in character. It was also funny, too.

9. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    Good title for this, I liked it!

10. Darth_Intangable

Darth_Intangable Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 4, 2006
    pretty! :D

'break the mold' indeed[face_laugh]

-A[face_coffee]

11. THE_PIED_PIPER

THE_PIED_PIPER Chapter Rep Knoxville, TN star 4

Jun 8, 2006
    [face_love] Go, Kyp....[:D] I love Jaya and Kyp together, very well done.

THE PIED PIPER

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.