main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga A moment in the desert (B/A)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Hananiah, Jun 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hananiah

Hananiah Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2003
    Title: A moment in the dessert
    Summery: Missing scene: After Anakin finishes his patrol in The approaching storm he reflects on Barriss
    Spoilers: Approaching storm, Jedi Quest
    Disclaimer: I don't own the characters wish I did so I could make 'em an official couple
    Rating: G

Anakin's shoulder throbbed from his encounter with the shanh, he ran over what Barriss had said before she had turned away from him. He had expected a jibe at his lack of concentration but all she said was "I was just wondering if you were okay" That was the greates omission she had given him since they had met.
    He wasn't sure what to do about it.
    He hadn't expected to care what Barriss thought,on the contary he had barely met her before sparring a couple of times in the temple nothing worth a memory.
    He had also dismissed her when he first met her on Anison so intent was he to learn more about the force.
    He wasn't interested in making friends. Barriss Offee wasn't like the female padawans he knew.
    Anakin rolled onto his back and immedialty wished he hadn't the fire in his shoulder intensified and forced a gasp out of him, embarrssed he checked to make sure his master hadn't heard but Obi Wan was still asleep. Thankful for the sparing of his dignity Anakin moved more slower, wary of the fire now, but a gentle hand stopped him.
    Barriss knelt beside him, her hand on his forearm, she didn't look at him but at his shoulder.
    "Take your shirt off" she ordered.
    For a moment Anakin was struck dumb but when she pointed to his shoulder he realised it was bleeding, quickly he shedded his tunic wincing as blood trickled across his collarbone.
    Barriss frowned "That thing sure took a chunk out of you"
    Anakin bit back a feirce retort he was in too much pain to think of something anyway.
    Barriss took a strip of bacta tape from her pocket and began to dress the wound, her hands were cold against his shoulder but they were gentle and the throb subsided a bit.
    Barriss leaned back on her heels and expected the wound "That'll teach you to be the hero and try to do more then you can" she observed teasingly.
    "I didn't see you trying to help" he snipped back.
    "I kinda liked seeing you get your butt kicked" came the easy reply. That forced a laugh out of him, it was strange how at ease he felt with her, they were talking like they had known each other for ever.
    He shuddered at the thought of his friend Darra she would have a field day if he told her he liked Barriss.
    "Besides it's good to be thrown of your pedestal once in a while" she added nonchantly smiling sweetly.
    "I don't have a pedestal" Anakin retorted angrily. Barriss just shrugged as she bent
    her hair brushed his shoulder and suddenly Anakin found it very hard to breath, seeing this her expression became concerned "Are you alright?"
    Anakin nodded quickly exhaling.
    Barriss looked at him uncertainly then moved to stand bracing herself on Anakin's good shoulder. She flinched and removed her hand, gesturing emphatically "Maybe you should put your tunic on"
    Anakin allowed himself to smile, pulling on the tunic with delibrate slowness.
    As Barriss made her way back to her own bed he turned to the stars, images of Barriss's startling blue eyes burned into his head.
    He defiently had something else to think about now.

2. Jedi_Humaira_Blaine

Jedi_Humaira_Blaine Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 27, 2003
    Very nice Hananiah. [face_love]

I've read another piece of yours about Anakin and Sabe and I loved that too! You write some wonderful stories about Anakin with women other than Padme.

Actually, it's very refreshing and I'd love to see more of this. :cool: I'm interested in Barriss stuff and although I don't really know much about her, I'd love to read stories like this. :)

Do let me know if you post more? :D

Besides it's good to be thrown of your pedestal once in a while.

Hahaha, go Barriss! [face_laugh] This is one cool Jedi lady! :) I love all those snappy one-liners between the two. [face_mischief]

Great stuff! :cool:

Humaira

3. Ani_dala

Ani_dala Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 18, 2003
    Yeah post more :D

Aww, very cute and sweet, you go Barris, this is a great cute story [face_love]

Very cool story :cool:

4. Diabla

Diabla Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 30, 2002
    Wow yet another great A/B story from you! :D - I have to be careful not to become addicted to these ;) Keep it UP! lol

- Dia

5. Tych_sel

Tych_sel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    Great missing scene here, Hananiah.

"I don't have a pedestal" Anakin retorted angrily.

Yeah, right. Anakin's got this image of what an ideal Jedi is. The only problem is that that standard is impossible to meet. Yet he seems to have it in his head that it's going to be attainable for him at some point. Barriss is right to bring him back to reality.

Force be with you,

Tych_sel

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.