main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga A Moment in Time - AU Luke/Leia/Han/Vader/Padme ~~UPDATE Septmeber 21!!~~

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Kazzy, Dec 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kazzy

Kazzy Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 17, 2002
    Title: A Moment in Time
    Author: Kazzy
    Time Frame: ep.III â?? ep.VI
    Characters: Padmé/Luke/Leia
    Keywords: AU, Angst
    Summary: If every decision we make determines where we end up, what if instead of doing one thing, we do another? Obi-Wan and the Jedi never knew that Padmé was pregnant with Anakinâ??s children. â??Here you are tottering around less than a day after giving birth to twins!â??
    Disclaimer: I don't own Star Wars. No, really, I donâ??t. However, if someone would like to bequeath it to me, I wouldnâ??t object.
    Notes: Please read and review.

Prologue

â??We are not permitted to choose the frame of our destiny. But what we put into it is ours.â?? â?? Dag Hammarskjold

She lay on the bed exhausted, struggling to keep her eyes open, fighting away the sleep that so desperately wanted to claim her. She listened as the last of the occupants in the house settled down for the night. Everything was still and silent; it was time to move.

Up, she pushed her aching, drained body from the bed. She sat on the edge for a moment gathering her strength both emotionally and physically for what was about to come.

Moving over to the crib in the corner, she looked down at its two occupants, both sleeping soundly; quiet â?? for now. Only sixteen standard hours old Luke and Leia Skywalker had proven to be perfectly capable of bringing attention to themselves when they so desired. If one were to wake now, however, it would be disastrous, for they would wake the other and then bring the rest of the well-meaning, yet interfering, family to wait on them. Their mother needed their silence for now.

Tearing herself away from her â?? currently â?? peaceful children, Padmé Amidala Skywalker shuffled over to her closet. She had discovered a few loose floorboards as a child and now she knelt, removing them to retrieve a small carryall, packed to busting with what she was going to need over the next while. Then she carefully dressed herself in clothes that were sturdy, but dull; designed to last, but be unnoticeable among a throng of people.

Finally ready, she sat â?? almost collapsed â?? back down on the bed. She hadn't realized that this would be so difficult, but right now all she wanted to do was crawl into bed and sleep for days on end. The next few weeks would have been hard enough, just saying here resting and caring for her children while she recovered from their birth. And here she was going to make it harder: running, hiding herself and the babies, at the same time as she learned to be a mother. There was no choice, though. It had to be done. If not for everyone's best interests, then their safety.

Naboo would be an excellent place to raise her children. The streets were relatively safe; there was little pollution and a good education system. Here Padmé and her children would be surrounded by family, by people who cared for and loved them. If they stayed no one would be forced to spend a lifetime wondering where the people they loved were, if they were alive or dead. However she could not stay, Palpatineâ??s Empire was rapidly spreading through the Republic. Nabooâ??s distance from Coruscant and its weakness as a military power had kept it safe until now, but word had reached them: storm troopers would be here within the week. The planet Palpatine had once served as senator could not retain its independence for long â?? even they had to submit quietly or be crushed.

Padmé glanced down at the bed, still slightly warm from when she lay there not long ago. She'd been in labour for nearly twenty-eight standard hours, and had only a few hours sleep at a time since then. If she rested for a couple more minutes, it couldn't hurt, could it? She laid her head on the pillow and let her eyes drift shut...

Hours later she was awoken by a wailing child whose twin quickly followed suit and added to the cacophony. In Padmé's sleep-addled state she did still have enough sense to knock the bag under her bed where it would wait inconspicuously for h

2. PadawanEmily

PadawanEmily Jedi Master star 8

Oct 18, 2003
    I LOVE IT. My gosh there's just something about it that i like, i saw it and i usualy dont read things with Luke and Leia(dont ask why)but i liked this, i like how it's written and everything Great job.

Grade i give ya: A-

3. kayladie97

kayladie97 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 6, 2003
    Yay, you posted it! **Kayladie goes running out into the halls of the JC trying to drag people in to read this story!** :D :D

It's so good, and like you with my story, it's kinda cool to go back and re-read the early chapters. You write Padme so well. We can really feel her weariness, her despair, over everything she's been through. :(

I just read over the last one you sent me (can't remember what number it is :p ) and I'll probably be able to have it ready by the time you're back. Jacob is going to the grandparents in North Carolina for a week after Christmas, so I should have plenty of time! ;)

I'm almost done with chap. 9 of SoH, just one more scene to finish, so hopefully you'll have that when you get back, too!

And thanks for plugging SoH here in your thread! [face_blush] I appreciate it!

4. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    I like this....I'm assuming Padmé survives the whole PT/OT in your story? ;)

5. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Glad to see this here.

6. Kazzy

Oct 17, 2002
    hey!

I managed to find an internet cafe! Unfortunately, I can't update (or use this keyboard, apparently ;))

Thanks for reading you guys.

PadawanEmily: I LOVE IT. My gosh there's just something about it that i like, i saw it and i usualy dont read things with Luke and Leia(dont ask why)but i liked this, i like how it's written and everything Great job.

Well, that's high praise then! :) I'm glad you enjoyed it, I really I am. I hope you continue to enjoy it.

kayladie97: My wonderful beta! Thank you for your nice words. It's nice to know I have someone on my side - particularly someone who knows how bad I am with commas! :D

Jedi_Liz: I'm glad you like it - please continue to do so!

I'm assuming Padmé survives the whole PT/OT in your story? Yep! Hopefully when I get to them the interludes will clear some of that up. Also, if I finish this before ep three comes out ;) I might write a prequel.

RebelMom: Glad to see this here. So am I!

I'll update on the weekend I promise. If I have to fight rain, wind and santa himself!

Have a safe and happy holiday everyone!

7. CrystalKenobi

CrystalKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    every decision we make determines where we end up, what if instead of doing one thing, we do another? Obi-Wan and the Jedi never knew that Padmé was pregnant with Anakin?s children. ?Here you are tottering around less than a day after giving birth to twins!?

I think I am going to like this twist of not having the Obi-wan or the Jedi know about the babies. It is going to add some intrigue to the story.

I can't wait to see where you go from here.

8. yummyoda

yummyoda Jedi Youngling

Aug 1, 2003
    ::claps:: I really love the start you're off to.Padme is usually always written as this wallowing suicidal wreck after Anakins turn, it's nice to see a different interpretation of her. I also like the way your writing feels very comfortable, it flows with no mess.

9. Kazzy

Oct 17, 2002
    Hey guys!

CrystalKenobi: I think I am going to like this twist of not having the Obi-wan or the Jedi know about the babies. It is going to add some intrigue to the story.

You may be surprised, but I hope you like it anyway! Somethings are certainly going to be different, at any rate!

yummyoda: Padme is usually always written as this wallowing suicidal wreck after Anakins turn, it's nice to see a different interpretation of her.

She's a tough person! I know what you mean, though. It annoys when I see those weak characterisations of her. She isn't. I hope I can continue to do her justice.

I also like the way your writing feels very comfortable, it flows with no mess.

Thank you! [face_blush]

10. Kazzy

Oct 17, 2002
    Well, I'm home, and I'm enjoying being able to have a proper shower, sleeping in my own bed and using internet that doesn't cost me $6 an hour.

To celebrate - here's chapter one.

___
    Summary: If every decision we make determines where we end up, what if instead of doing one thing, we do another? Obi-Wan and the Jedi never knew that Padmé was pregnant with Anakin?s children. ?One day, I promise you will understand. I promise.?

Chapter One

?The future lies before you, like paths of pure white snow.
    Be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.? Source Unknown

Ten years later:

Padmé had to admit that she was dreading the coming conversation. However, she kept the dread buried deep. The two curious faces before her were entirely too perceptive, and would likely pick up on what she was feeling, interpret it, and figure out exactly what was going on. This would cause a fight before the conversation had even begun. Padmé wanted to have her say first, thank you very much. She had exactly what she wanted to say all worked out. She would be very convincing?this time.

The situation, when she could detach herself from it, always struck her as being slightly amusing every time it occurred: former Queen and Senator, she had always had a way of convincing people to see her point of view. Except when it came to her children. It was, she often reflected ? not without pain ? a little like arguing with two Anakins. Her children were just as stubborn as their father had ever been.

Thinking of Luke and Leia as being Anakin?s children always brought a wave of grief. Actually, thinking about Anakin in general was agonising. Why didn?t he have the good grace to go and get himself killed by Palpatine like every other self-respecting Jedi in the force-cursed galaxy? But no, he had to?

She broke off her thoughts. For some reason they had been spiralling out of control today, and she really needed her wits about her to get through the next few minutes. It was going to be rough. It always was.

?Mom ? what is it?? Luke?s voice was tinged with concern and looking at both twins Padmé realized that both of them looked a little worried. About her, or about what she was going to say?

She took a deep breath, ?Luke, Leia, we?re moving??

Anything else she had intended to say was quickly drowned out by their protests.

?But mom??

??why? We?re perfectly safe??

??I like it here??

??so do I, we have friends here??

??a real life.?

So much for carefully organised arguments, Padmé thought ruefully. She should have known better. But then she should have known better than to stay anywhere for very long. The longer you stayed the harder it was to leave. Her children weren?t the only ones who had formed friendships over the last few months. Padmé had no desire to leave here. Compared to some of the places they had lived over the last ten years this was paradise. A place they could be happy. Small, quiet and almost no Imperial presence.

However, that looked likely to change. While the rumours that she had heard in town this morning, of storm troopers headed this way, probably were only rumours, it paid to be cautious. That cautious meant leaving a place that had slowly and surely become home over the last eighteen months, could not be helped. It simply had to done. That this mirrored her actions ten years ago did not escape Padmé, she?d had to do this so many times. ?We don?t actually have a choice.? She told her children, a note of ice creeping into her tone. ?We can?t let the Empire catch up with us.? Better for them to be unhappy than dead, or worse ? under the thumb of Vader and Palpatine.

?Why not??

?Yeah Mom, why not? Why would the Empire be interested in us three??

?It?s not as though we?re interesting or anything.?

?You are so obsessed with safety.?

?Paranoid.?

That was another thing. She had never mentioned the Jedi to her children. Never told them anything about their father (not for want of their asking). They didn?t even kno

11. kayladie97

kayladie97 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 6, 2003
    I do so love the relationship you show between Padme and the twins. What a difficult life they are being forced to lead, jumping from place to place...that has to be so difficult on two young children. And I still think you write Padme better than anyone I've ever seen! :) :D

12. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    Great start! You got this A/P fans attention whether its typical or not! :)

You do a good Padme. Anakin didn't fall in love with a wimpering, weak woman. I'm glad there are still authors out there who can write a strong Padme.

13. Kazzy

Oct 17, 2002
    kayladie97: Thanks! You say such lovely things! :8)

rhonderoo: Great start! You got this A/P fans attention whether its typical or not! I'm glad! I only hope I can keep it.

You do a good Padme. thank you! Anakin didn't fall in love with a wimpering, weak woman. No, he didn't!

14. Jedi_Queen_Mx

Jedi_Queen_Mx Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2003
    You better not be charging for these post, because I'am HOOKED!!!

15. RebelMom

Apr 20, 2000
    what a tough life. I agree with the others that you write a tough Padme. Looking forward to Obi's appearance. :)

16. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    I knew they'd go to Tatooine - somehow I knew! :p

And I figured Obi-Wan would be the guest star right when I saw you had written it.

Eager for another post!

17. Kazzy

Oct 17, 2002
    Jedi_Queen_Mx: You better not be charging for these post, because I'am HOOKED!!! No charge other than your continued enjoyment. Oh, and of course telling me that you're still enjoying it. ;)

RebelMom: Looking forward to Obi's appearance. Ah, but is he looking foward to appearing? He's going to be very surprised.

Jedi_Liz:Eager for another post! I'll try to be as quick as I can.

18. Darth_Fruitcake

Darth_Fruitcake Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2001
    Kazzy, this is absolute brilliance -- you have me hooked. :D Please write more soon!

19. maramijade

maramijade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2000
    awwwww, back to Tattooine, I have this odd feeling that they will be able to stay there for quite a while. . . I wonder where they will go? Mos Espa? Mos Eisley or . . . :: cough:: anchorhead :: cough::

hmmm there is still time to meet Biggs, and eeek the Lars. . . maybe not anchorhead . . they won't set up a moisture farm, if Padme' thinks she's going to be moving on in a years time she won't do that . . . probably stay in the city. . . hmmmm I do wonder if Ben would be around w/o Lukie to look over. . .

:D Looks abosolutely marvelous Kazzy :D

20. Kazzy

Oct 17, 2002
    Darth_Fruitcake: Your wish is my command ;) - chapter two coming up. :)

maramijade: I have this odd feeling that they will be able to stay there for quite a while... Really? Why's that? [face_mischief] ;) Mos Espa? Mos Eisley or... :: cough:: anchorhead :: cough:: I'll give you a clue - one of the above. I do wonder if Ben would be around w/o Lukie to look over... That's a very good qustion. Looks abosolutely marvelous Kazzy Thank you! [face_blush]

Next chapter coming up!

21. Kazzy

Oct 17, 2002
    Summary: ?Luke Skywalker was beginning to wish he?d worn something else.?
    Notes: Thanks for the reviews guys! Please Read and review (you know you want to).

Chapter Two

?Facts do not cease to exist because you ignore them.? Aldous Huxley

Luke Skywalker was beginning to wish he?d worn something else. The twin suns beat down on him, almost unbearably hot, and the dust that seemed to be constantly present in the air had lodged itself in his mouth, nose, eyes, ears, clothes, and just about every surface it could. The strange and dangerous looking people watched him with shuttered eyes, sometimes giving off impressions that he would rather not know.

He was lost, but that didn?t bother him more than a little. All he needed to do was reach out for his sister and follow her presence home. Both of them had used the trick from time to time, though their mother didn?t like that they did. However, as she refused to give a reason other than the typical ?It?s dangerous? neither twin had seen any point in not using the ability.

Thinking of his mother made Luke wince: she was going to kill him when he got home. She?d left to find them some food, telling Luke and Leia to stay in the small apartment that they were renting. Leia was still there, but Luke had gone to explore. Of course, Luke would have stayed as well, but Leia had dared him to go off, and he could hardly refuse that, now could he? Unfortunately, his mom probably wouldn?t see it that way.

The only thing to do was head back. Briefly reaching out for his sister to make sure he was heading in the right direction, Luke turned and prepared to make the journey back through the hot, dusty and hostile streets.

Leia was worried and irritated. Their mother had returned earlier than they?d expected and was now angry. Locking on to the direction Luke hurried. He was in so much trouble.

So wrapped up in where he was going and what was likely to happen when he got there, Luke didn?t notice three figures detach themselves from a shadowy doorway to follow what they perceived to be easy pickings.

Padmé was furious. Enraged. Incensed. Irate. Scared witless. Right now the only thing preventing her from flying into a fit, and tearing her hair out was Leia?s apparent calm. If anything had happened to Luke, you could count on the fact that Leia would be upset, and visa versa should the situation be reversed. Putting as much of her maternal fear out of the way as she could, Padmé concentrated on her anger. When she got her hands on that boy she was going to tan his hide until he couldn?t sit down for a month, then she was going to ground him for the rest of life: he?d never see the light of day again.

Never mind that she rarely punished her children, and had never ever touched either in violence.

Leia was watching her, large brown eyes almost completely unreadable, apart from a small measure of expectancy. The girl would make an excellent politician. Padmé sighed, ?All right, where did he go?? This was not something she liked doing. She had stopped the twins from using their force-sense often enough; it seemed very hypocritical to use it now. However, desperate times called for desperate measures.

?That way.? Leia lifted a slender hand and pointed down one street that was exactly the same as all the others. Dusty. Still, neither twin had ever been able to ?lose? the other. Padmé trusted the girl?s force-enhanced instincts, and so set off towards her son?s apparent location, her daughter trotting by her side.

A tug on her sleeve pulled her attention to her daughter. ?Mom? I think something?s wrong.? Padmé turned to Leia, whose eyes were now wide, and her face a little pale. A jolt of concern shot through Padmé, her fear surfacing and beginning to take over everything else. This was not a good place for Luke to get into trouble.

We shouldn?t have come here.

Leia might make a good politician, but Padmé had been one of the best; letting nothing show she held her hand out to her daught

22. JEDI_MASTER_MARIANA

JEDI_MASTER_MARIANA Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 30, 2003
    I LOVE IT! I have always loved L/L stories and always wondered how it would have been like for them growing up together.

MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU

:cool: Mariana :cool:

23. RebelMom

Apr 20, 2000
    Nice to see Obi-Wan. I'm sure he's got tons of questions for which he hopes to get answers.

24. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    Great Post! I am so glad Obi-Wan came to the rescue.....are we going to see anyone else from the prequels? Such as Uncle Owen, Aunt Beru, Grandfather Cliegg (if he's alive) ? ;)

25. tvdunlop

tvdunlop Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 15, 2003
    this is such a good story, i just started reading it and i'm hooked. I wonder what Obi Wan is going to do. I wonder if Vader will be able to hear the twins Force communication, all these questions, please please write more soon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.