main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"A Moment Like This" (Kyp/Jaina vignette)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Dantana Skywalker, Oct 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    This story was first inspired when I was watching the finale of "American Idol" (only ep I ever watched, but I was bored), and Kelly Clarkson sang this song. It's been stuck in my head ever since, and I finally had to put this down.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"A Moment Like This" by DantanaSkywalker

Kyp Durron nervously straightened his vest, then shifted his weight from his left foot to his right.

She was late. He'd been waiting here for an hour, and yes, he'd arrived early, hoping to catch her before anyone--a certain arrogant pilot--could monopolise her.

A little voice in the back of his head told him he was nuts, but he had to try.

Try not, he reminded himself. Do, or do not.

The corner of his mouth quirked up as he remembered his words to the Chief of State. "Jedi do. They don't playact."

He hoped that for her, he would do.

What if I told you
    It was all meant to be
    Would you believe me
    Would you agree
    It's almost that feelin'
    That we've met before

Jaina Solo let out a sigh as she stepped into the ballroom. She brushed lightly at the stray hairs that had escaped her updo in her mad dash to the reception.

My own brother's wedding, and I'm late to the reception, she scolded herself mentally.

Across the room, she spotted Jacen dancing with a woman dressed in an elegant, slim white dress. Her brother's bride looked stunning, her red hair spilling down her back, past hip-length. The way Jacen and Tenel Ka held each other, there was no way to tell that she was missing most of her left arm.

Jaina felt a pang at the joy she felt through the Force, coming from her brother and new sister-in-law. She wished she could be that happy.

Her brandy-brown eyes swept across the room, and stopped on a figure. His back was to her, but he seemed familiar. Silver-touched black hair just barely tamed into curls reached a little past the collar of his formal jacket.

He turned, and her breath caught.

So tell me that you don't think I'm crazy
    When I tell you love has come here and now

He froze, taking in the vision before him. Jaina's chestnut hair was gathered atop her head, and a few locks had escaped to artfully frame her face. Her dark, copper-brown eyes looked huge in her small, heart-shaped face.

Kyp swallowed, his mouth going dry. She was stunning, swathed in a dark copper gown, with some sheer black material over it. She reminded him of chocolate, and Corellian brandy. Her skin was creamy-pale, delicately flushed with pink.

Jaina felt the heat of his green eyes, even across this distance. For the space of a single moment, she was paralysed. Then she started forward, across the floor, her eyes never leaving his.

A moment like this
    Some people wait a lifetime
    For a moment like this
    Some people search forever
    For that one special kiss
    Oh, I can't believe it's happening to me
    Some people wait a lifetime
    For a moment like this

"You made it," Kyp murmured. "I was beginning to think you weren't going to."

"I had a slight mishap with my other pair of shoes," she explained. "I broke the heel off, and had to go by new ones. I don't . . . usually wear . . . stuff like this. I don't own anything like this. I mean, until now."

Kyp unconsciously reached up and tucked a few strands of hair behind her ear. Amber, gold, jet, and copper beads dripped from her earlobes, chased through her hair, and encircled her throat.

Everything changes
    But beauty remains
    Something so tender
    I can't explain
    Well I maybe dreamin'
    But 'till I awake

His hand trembled as he pulled away. He cleared his throat. "You're beautiful," he breathed.

She blushed. "Kyp."

"It's true." He held out his hand. "So, Gorgeous, now that you're here, will you dance with me?"

Jaina thought about saying no, but never opened her mouth. Silently, she nodded and placed her smaller hand in his.

Can we make this dream last forever
    And I'll cherish all the love we share

2. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    I searched around, and this is the closest I could find to the picture I had of Jaina's dress in my head: [image=http://www.debshops.com/fashion/fashionpics/346701.jpg]

This is Kyp's tux: [image=http://tuxedosonline.com/images/big/oscar23.jpg]

Dana

3. Kyp_side_of_TheForce

Kyp_side_of_TheForce Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2002
    great post Dana!!
    I love these ones with the songs mixed in! They're just so cool!!

4. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    I like to do the songfics. I've been messing with this particular medium since, oh, '95 or so, when I was writing X-Files fanfics. Speaking of which, I have a Star Wars/X-Files series that I need to finish . . .

Dana

5. Crimson_Sabre

Crimson_Sabre Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 20, 2002
    Good songfic...I should try one of those.

I can imagine the heavy eyelids part...for some reason, I can see how that would suck the energy out of you.

How did you get those pictures on TFN anyway?

6. Xaara

Xaara Jedi Master star 3

Jun 30, 2002
    Intense and well-written vignette, DantanaSkywalker. I liked your description and the way the song fit into the storyline. Keep up the good work.

7. Runaway_Shadow

Runaway_Shadow Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    Awww, that was so sweet, though I hate these one posters, it's like they start in the middle of a story and end like that!

8. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Actually, I'm thinking of turning this into a series of vignettes that all fit within the same story arc. The vignettes are actually easier to write than the posts on my other stories, so they're something I can do while trying to come up with stuff for the bigger stories.

Anyone have any song suggestions?

Dana

9. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Crimson_Sabre It's pretty easy. You just put in the following, minus the spaces:

[ image=imageurlhere ]

It explains under Markup Codes.

I think the tux is Pierre Cardin, and the dress is from www.debshops.com.

Dana

10. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2001
    Dana, you're incredible. You're like a posting machine! All these vignettes...and all so wonderful!

That was amazing! Very beautifully done!

11. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    [image=/images/faces/blush.gif] Thank you.

I really, really love this one. I think that it's among my favourites that I've written, even though it's so short.

I'm going to write a couple more vignettes in this series tonight, and post them tomorrow. Any song suggestions?

Dana

12. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Dec 1, 2001
    Your welcome!

"Your Song" by Three Dog Night! My favorite love song ever, by my third favorite band ever!

13. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Don't know if I know that one. Is it anything like "Your Song" by Elton John and/or Ewan McGregor?

Why aren't my faces working? :mad:

EDIT: Well, THAT one worked . . .

Dana

14. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Ha. Well, it works. Somewhat.

Dana

15. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Dec 1, 2001
    Don't know. I haven't seen Moulin Rouge. It's in that, isn't it? They might have stolen it from Three Dog Night. They were an incredible seventies rock band. They sing "Joy to the World" (Jeremiah was a bullfrog...) and stuff like that. It's a great song.

16. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Can you post the lyrics?

The "Your Song" I'm refering to is indeed in Moulin Rouge. I recommend seeing that. It's one of my three favourite movies.

I've gotta run, gotta get chores done before my parents get back in town.

Dana

17. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Dec 1, 2001
    Yeah, I'll have to type them up, but I'll do it! I'll PM them to you.

18. Kyp_side_of_TheForce

Aug 27, 2002
    I'd recomend "wondering" by Good Charlotte. I could see Kyp feeling a bit like that. If you haven't hered it I can scan it.

19. _Tenel_Ka_

_Tenel_Ka_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 2001
    Spectacular spectacular!
    No words in the venacular
    Can describe this great event,
    You'll be dumb with wonderment!

In other words... I loved it! Such mush! Such greatness!

20. Jez_3-14159265358979

Jez_3-14159265358979 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 13, 2001
    That was so good. I loed it!

Here's a song.

Somewhere Out There by My Lady Peace

Jez

21. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    That was quite yummy! Very good!

22. JediJainaSoloDurron

JediJainaSoloDurron Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 6, 2002
    great story datana! that titel drew me in. i absolutely love kelly she has the most amazing voice. A moment like this is my fav song! o.k. i'll shut up now!

23. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    I went out and bought the cd single of "A Moment Like This" last night, and listened to it on repeat for about an hour while reading "Return To Ord Mantell".

Dana

24. starkrusher

starkrusher Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 4, 2002
    Okay, even though I am a HUGE Jaina/Jag person, that was really sweet. I would totally read them if you did a series.

25. Kyp_side_of_TheForce

Aug 27, 2002
    great, Return to Ord Mantell is exactly the one and only YJK book I don't own! I lost my copy at school when I was just about to start it and haven't been able to find another one. *starts to cry because there is a book with Kyp in it she has not read*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.