main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends A Moment of Decision - JA (Qui/Obi) Updated 1/5

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jedi Obi-Wan, Dec 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LilQui-Gon

LilQui-Gon Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 29, 2004
    Okay so the pilot is not in the spotlight anymore. It's that Meera girl :mad:. Where is my brass knuckles I had earlier. [face_beatup]

2. Jedi Obi-Wan

Jedi Obi-Wan Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 18, 2000
    I appreciate all the replies! You guys are the best!

I'm not quite sure what I think about this post, but I hope you'll like it.

At the Temple, Obi-Wan approaches his quarters after being out without permission...

A Jedi does not know fear.

Obi-Wan repeated the mantra over and over in his mind, but the more he thought about his situation the more frustrated he became. The words he struggled to hold on to faded like a Coruscant sunset, and holding onto them became as impossible as catching the last rays of dancing twilight in his hand.

He stood in front of the door to the quarters he shared with his Master and tried to use the force to calm himself, but his efforts proved futile. Emotion was blocking the calming waves he so desperately needed, and he could not put off entering much longer. Qui-Gon would be even more displeased with him if he lingered.

Taking a deep breath, he pushed the button to activate the door. It opened with a welcoming ?swoosh?. For reasons he couldn?t explain, the simple, familiar noise calmed him enough to raise his head as he walked in. Immediately, he wished he had kept his gaze on the floor.

Stone gray eyes pinned him to the spot where he stood. Gone was the familiar shade of sparkling blue, replaced with iciness that Obi-Wan had never seen in his Master before. He had dealt with the shade of teal that meant sadness, and even the sapphire hue that shot sparks when he was angry. But this, this joyless, despondent gaze was something the young Jedi had not been prepared for, but he could not tear his own eyes away.

Qui-Gon didn?t say a word, and his apprentice wasn?t sure he trusted his own voice. The silence that stretched between the pair was deafening. Fighting the urge to squirm, Obi-Wan willed his Master to say something, anything to break the iron curtain that stood between them. Unable to persevere under such a daunting look, the young man finally lowered his eyes to the floor.

?Tell me, Obi-Wan,? Qui-Gon said, his tone neutral, as though discussing the weather. ?How am I to train an apprentice who continually violates my trust??

His stomach clenched, and he fought for the words to say. If only he could formulate a reply that would show his Master how much he cared about him and how much he wanted to please him. Instead, the only reply he could form was a barely audible:

?I don?t know, Master.?

The big Jedi folded his arms across his chest, but was once again silent. It was the first time Obi-Wan had seen him at a loss for words. The realization struck him that Qui-Gon didn?t know what to do about their fractured relationship either. The issue at hand could be dealt with, but the real issue, the reason Qui-Gon doubted him, was almost unsolvable in the apprentice?s young eyes.

?I once thought I could trust you,? he said, his voice staying at the same monotone pitch. ?Obviously, I was mistaken. Which is why I have chosen to brief the Council alone.?

Obi-Wan?s head jerked up. Never in the four years they had been Master and Apprentice had Qui-Gon gone into the Council room without him. It was the duty and the privilege of a padawan to be with his Master when called in front of the Council before or after a mission. The only reason an apprentice did not go into a meeting was if his actions were being called into question.

?I-I don?t understand,? Obi-Wan stammered. ?Why? I?m sorry I went out. It was wrong, but-?

?I am not going to speak to the Council about your sneaking out,? Qui-Gon said. He stopped for a moment, studying the boy in front of him. ?I am going to ask permission to return to Cadeeria to investigate Meera Kellar?s death. Alone.?

Obi-Wan would have been better prepared for a punch in the face. All the air had been torn out of his lungs, yet he did not try to breathe. He turned from his Master, unable to really believe what he was saying. His hand went automatically to his padawan braid.

He studied it for a long moment. It was one of the longer ones at the Temple with more and more ginger colored hair showing inst

3. jeday

jeday Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 4, 2004
    :eek: Oh no, Obi-Wan a muderer and Qui-Gon doesn't want to speak with him any more ? :_| :_|

4. DarkDream

DarkDream Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 22, 2004
    Obi did what?!! Qui is rejecting him?! :eek:
    That is stuff for a real tragedy, even if Obi isn't guilty... But we don't know what happend. Yet?! [face_batting]

Oh... all these possibilities... [face_devil]

5. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Nice turn of events. I certainly didn't expect that. Qui-Gon is definitely hurt and angry and probably thinking that Obi-Wan is turning into Xanatos. And Obi-Wan is shattered that his Master doesn't believe him.

Great job with the emotions and the plot. I sympathized with both of them. Very much looking forward to more...

6. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    WOw, this is heart wrenching! Poor Obi!!

*kicks Qui* Stupid Jedi Master..*helps self to popcorn, sits down and continues mumbling*

7. DarkDream

Sep 22, 2004
    Umm... Up! :D

8. DarkDream

Sep 22, 2004
    20 days passed since the last update... [face_worried]
    There will be an update soon? [face_batting]

9. Jedi Obi-Wan

Jedi Obi-Wan Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 18, 2000
    I apologize for the long delay in posts. I tore the rotator cuff in my shoulder, and I'm in a sling. I am now typing with two fingers, which means it takes me about ten times longer than normal to type anything. However, I will try to have a post up before the end of the week. :)

10. z-95headhunter

z-95headhunter Jedi Youngling

Jan 17, 2005
    Post again soon!
    Like what you've got so-far :)

11. z-95headhunter

z-95headhunter Jedi Youngling

Jan 17, 2005
    Wow! keep posting

12. Padawan_Katalin

Padawan_Katalin Jedi Youngling

Feb 25, 2005
    Pleeeeeeeeeeease!!!! [face_praying] Post it soon! I really want to know what happens next!

Stupid Qui-Gon, how could he..( arrrgh!!!:mad:)

13. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    WoW what's a rotator cuff sounds like it would give you some pain
    hope your shoulder feels better soon.

14. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Ouch! take care of yourself.

15. -Darksaber-

-Darksaber- Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 22, 2005
    I'm enjoying this...Will there be any more posts?

16. Fluff-Slayer

Fluff-Slayer Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 12, 2005
    Another fantastic story that's been allowed to gather dust!

Please say you'll update soon, Jed! It would be cruel to leave it here! :_|

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.